2) Tin Man (3)
    3) There but for the Grace of God (9)
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

1) Enigma (1)
      2) Tin Man (4)*

What can I say? Those black trousers do wonders for O'Neill's butt....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post

What can I say? Those black trousers do wonders for O'Neill's butt....

So, so shallow.

But for similar reasons (and a lot of touchies):

1) Enigma (1)
        2) Tin Man (5)
        sigpic

Comment

Reminder!!

Submissions for the Awards ends at Midnight (GMT) tonight!

Oh, and can I please remind everyone to keep chatter out of the Awards Thread, it's purely for submissions. Thanks
          Last edited by Oma-1; 24 January 2009, 05:46 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Tin Man...I finished reading the SG1 novel Hydra a few days ago...

Spoilered for slightly OT: Review...no spoilers (okay...maybe a few...cuz, you know, it woudn't make sense otherwise )

Spoiler:
            A very well written book. Our SG1 is in character and consistent with how they worked together during this time-frame. It's set in S5, so, as you might expect, there's no ship in it, although if you want to read between the lines in a few instances you'll note there's a hint of something more in Sam's and Jack's reactions to certain things.

The story involves dopplegangers created using Harlan's technology--hence my reference to Tin Man. However, given that these dopplegangers were created from S1 SG1, they lack any of those experiences which later bound them together in the ways we understand. Therefore, be warned that among the different SG1s other, um, relationships are hinted at among the duplicates. Just remember, any Sam created from a S1 Sam would still be unaware of her feelings for Jack and would be very mindful of military rank and regs. It's reasonable, therefore, to conclude that w/o those events which drew her and Jack together subsequent to S1, she would look for companionship elsewhere.

Anyway...thought I'd give a heads up on that one, just so people wouldn't be surprised.

But, those are not the real SG1, and the real ones *are* in character for the time frame and well written, so I recommend this book if you're looking for a *good* story. If you're looking for ship, you'll be disappointed, but then again, I think most of us agree that while we love the ship, just a good SG1 story is always worth the time.
            sigpic

Comment

Hi, shippers!

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post

Well...you know...they do sort of come in handy from time to time...

Yeah, i know... unfortunately. But i don't love (scary of them) anyway. I can't even deliver blood from the finger without hight tempetature raising and something like that. That's why 'yuck' Sorry, OT

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
              Hey! Hey!!!

Let's have some order in here, give The Man room to breathe! It's his birthday fcol, he needs air to blow out those candles!

*glares till everyone steps back*

Thank you. Much better.

*turns to Rick*

Oma: How's that?

Rick: Thanks, it was getting kinda scary there for while. Do these shippers know anything about restraint?

Oma: I'm afraid not. *sigh* It's such a trial.

Rick: *smiles*

Oma: Did I mention I'm one of them?

Rick: *looks suspiciously wary*

Oma: *SMOOCHES RICK* Happy Birthday!

Episode of the week voting:

1) Enigma (1)
              2) Tin Man (6)

What can i say... only what already told Oma... black trousers
              sigpic

Comment

OT Docs:
                Spoiler:
                Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                Yeah, i know... unfortunately. But i don't love (scary of them) anyway.
                lol. Since many of you probably didn't get it, APA does

On Topic, since voting hasn't ended... I can't be the *only* one who thinks, of those three episodes, Enigma is the most shippy. Can I be?!?

*sigh*

/wanders off feeling all alone in the world...

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  OT Docs:
                  Spoiler:

On Topic, since voting hasn't ended... I can't be the *only* one who thinks, of those three episodes, Enigma is the most shippy. Can I be?!?

*sigh*

Sure you're not the only one. I think so too. Narim/Sam shippy.

You know it those early episodes it seems to me that Daniel is upset the most about Sam and Narim/Martuf/whoever. Don't worry I'm not going for Daniel/Sam ship, but since Daniel knows Jack best of all three of them, it would stand to reason that he'd be upset about Sam being with anyone but him, Jack I mean. And even though they're not aware of the feelings between them (Sam/Jack), in a way Daniel is. I confused myself here, but at the end of the day that would mean that Daniel is the first shipper!

EDIT: Can someone explain why polar bears are bad in ship world? Been meaning to ask that for a long time.
                  sigpic

Comment

OT Docs:
                    Spoiler:
                    OT
                    Spoiler:

What do you mean? I might be really didn't get it

I haven't seen it for a long time
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

EDIT: Can someone explain why polar bears are bad in ship world? Been meaning to ask that for a long time.
                      maybe because they eat penguins?
                      sigpic
                      Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
                      Spoiler:
                      Proud to be an American

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                        Sure you're not the only one. I think so too. Narim/Sam shippy.
                        Oh, no. I don't think Sam had feelings beyond being flattered for Narim at all - and in fact I think it's significant that this is the case. I think in seeing how she reacts to him we get great insight into Sam's 'romantic' background and her character which speak later to why and how she interacts and reacts to Jack. I don't think Daniel reacts because of Jack, per se, but in exactly the sibling kind of way a brother would to a sister being in that sort of situation.

And, BK, guess what APA's hubs does for a living?

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
                          Polar Bears don't eat Penguins. They're polar opposites. And that's what they mean in fandom, too... I'm sure someone will post links, but Penguins are S/J shippers and Polar Bears are Sam fans who choose to ignore the ship when discussing Sam.

Comment

Polar Bears don't eat Penguins. They're polar opposites. And that's what they mean in fandom, too... I'm sure someone will post links, but Penguins are S/J shippers and Polar Bears are Sam fans who choose to ignore the ship when discussing Sam.
                            well... I dont like Polar bears then
                            still, you will have to pardon my forgetting polar opposites, I just woke up. but if a polar bear saw a penguin I wonder if he would eat him, I have to look up a polar bear's diet...
                            sigpic
                            Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
                            Spoiler:
                            Proud to be an American

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
                              Honestly? Wow! I didn't know that. How could I not know that! Thanks GG.
                              And congrats on 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, no. I don't think Sam had feelings beyond being flattered for Narim at all - and in fact I think it's significant that this is the case. I think in seeing how she reacts to him we get great insight into Sam's 'romantic' background and her character which speak later to why and how she interacts and reacts to Jack. I don't think Daniel reacts because of Jack, per se, but in exactly the sibling kind of way a brother would to a sister being in that sort of situation.

And, BK, guess what APA's hubs does for a living?
                              I was kidding about Daniel really. And I mostly agree with you, though I still think it's Narrim/Sam ship episode. TPTB only had two seasons at that point, right? They had no idea that they'd be other more Sam/Jack ship episodes. So, yes, it was to give Sam a little more romantic background and to make her more accessible imho to the public, but I don't think of it as Jack/Sam shippy, more of a Sam centric.
                              sigpic

Comment

OT Docs:
                                Spoiler:

*sigh*

Nope. I'm with you. I tend to think that, like The First Commandment, Enigma is one of those eps which gives us insight into Sam's character especially as it pertains to relationships with men. TbftGoG is a nice "what-if" scenario, but it just doesn't resonate for me in a shippy kind of way.

But that's just mho. And I don't vote. But I couldn't let Jenn think she was the *only* one...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X