This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    APA, I am working on a fic that should thrill and delight you. ANGST!! I hope to have it done and up in a few days. Just a short little thing. And go to bed, young lady!
    Ahh...it's been a while since I've visited the Cavern of Angst! Yay! Bed? Pfft. It's only 2 am...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      What Mara said.

Then there are, of course, the edited Trio lines. Again...no longer canon cuz they won't appear, but we know they were written...and filmed (I won't be persuaded otherwise; I take JM at his word.) So we have:

Spoiler:
      1. AT being concerned that a comment in the script indicating that Gen. O'Neill, alone, recommended her for the command might be an indication of some impropriety...

2. The loverly picture of Jack...Jack in civvies, no less...in a large 8x10 frame...that appears no where in her office and therefore must be lovingly placed by her bedside....

3. SG1 BDUs...ahh...why would Sam bring SG1 BDUs with her to Atlantis? Perhaps because they aren't hers...just maybe a comfort item...with the lingering scent of someone she loves deeply still on them...for those long, lonely Atlantean nights....

4. The missing Trio lines with the Not So Subtle reference to Sam's love life, and "that guy in Washington", confirmed to indeed be Jack O'Neill.

Frankly, that's as much evidence as I need! And now that I'm in a decidely cheery shipper mood, having just written this, I think I'll head for bed!

Night all!

Later, Mara!
      Is it that time already?! YIKES!!! It's past 6pm here, holy moly APA, you'll be falling asleep in the pews thanks to me Sorry

Night, thanks for the discussion

Shhh! I'm supposed to be working! The sports guys are taking forever with their pages again. How are you all??
      (((((((luvnjack!!!!))))))

I finally got to actually see you...err...not see see, but you know what I mean We've so missed you!!

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
      Oh! I get it now. Thanks APA and Mara I like the fish just because of the Simpsons reference. "Close enough".

And other than the pilot episode, SG got much better with not saluting indoors. All the briefing room saluting in the pilot was very inappropriate. The AF does salute indoors for formal ceremonies so saluting during promotions, medal ceremonies, and funerals as we've seen on the show is appropriate.
      I see, that makes sense about the ceremonies and stuff.

Hmm, then that's the only problem with MoT.

EDIT: Oh is it true that hats MUST be worn outside but never inside?? Thanks Seahen
      sigpic
      Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Haven't been keeping up at all, I'm afraid. I repeat a happy mantra when I'm having a bad day: "So married, so married, so married..." That is still my story, and I'm still stickin' to it! Have we had anymore hints??
        Nothing explicit...just..

Spoiler:
        ...Sam exhibiting some very Jack-like tendencies from time to time. You saw the picture in her quarters, right? And the ones in her office...lots of analysis of what those mean...
        sigpic

Comment

Ahh...it's been a while since I've visited the Cavern of Angst! Yay! Bed? Pfft. It's only 2 am...
          LOL! 12:15 here. Usually, the sports guys are done by now and I'm madly updating our web site. I'm too tired and lazy to pre-build my comics pages, so I'm just waiting on them...trying not go get caught.
          sigpic

Comment

Nothing explicit...just..

Spoiler:
            ...Sam exhibiting some very Jack-like tendencies from time to time. You saw the picture in her quarters, right? And the ones in her office...lots of analysis of what those mean...
            Yes, saw those. *supresses squee, just barely*
            sigpic

Comment

Ditto to everything you said! *tries to stop grinning. Fails. Gets funny looks from sports guys.*
              ROFL!!

APA, I am working on a fic that should thrill and delight you. ANGST!! I hope to have it done and up in a few days. Just a short little thing. And go to bed, young lady!
              Yay, a new fic from you!!! Can't wait

Haven't been keeping up at all, I'm afraid. I repeat a happy mantra when I'm having a bad day: "So married, so married, so married..." That is still my story, and I'm still stickin' to it! Have we had anymore hints??
              Errrrrrrrrrrr.......

Well did you read that link Sally posted to the Samanda thread where ONTLLs was talking about AT. She called JAck "My Sweetie" I think that counts.
              sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

LOL! 12:15 here. Usually, the sports guys are done by now and I'm madly updating our web site. I'm too tired and lazy to pre-build my comics pages, so I'm just waiting on them...trying not go get caught.
                Just tell them you're doing research...you thought you found an error in the TV Guide section and wanted to verify an upcoming plot summary!

And on that, I do think I need to head to bed. Sleeping in church is okay. Snoring would be frowned upon.

Night, luvnjack!
                Night, again, Mara!
                Night shippers!
                sigpic

Comment

Night APA, perhaps you'll see this before you go...

sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Just LOOK at that hand touching! I ask, how can thay NOT be together...impossible!!!!
                    sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Just tell them you're doing research...you thought you found an error in the TV Guide section and wanted to verify an upcoming plot summary!

And on that, I do think I need to head to bed. Sleeping in church is okay. Snoring would be frowned upon.

Night, luvnjack!
                      Night, again, Mara!
                      Night shippers!
                      Night APA! Gotta get to work now! Hopefully someone will still be here when I get back! If not, I'll catcha' later!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                        Is it that time already?! YIKES!!! It's past 6pm here, holy moly APA, you'll be falling asleep in the pews thanks to me Sorry

Night, thanks for the discussion

(((((((luvnjack!!!!))))))

I finally got to actually see you...err...not see see, but you know what I mean We've so missed you!!

I see, that makes sense about the ceremonies and stuff.

Hmm, then that's the only problem with MoT.

EDIT: Oh is it true that hats MUST be worn outside but never inside?? Thanks Seahen
                        Yes, that's true about Hats (or covers as they are called). There's some exceptions (such as being under arms-which basically means you are armed), but I'm not gonna go into all of them. Okay, just a few. One would be an indoor color guard (like in Daniel's memorial in Fire & Water). Since they are under arms, they are covered. Exceptions for outside would include places such as a flightline, where you wouldn't want your cover sucked into a jet intake.

With MoT, the only thing I can think of, is since Col what'shisname was covered and under arms, Sam saluted. However, since she wasn't covered or under arms, she probably shouldn't have saluted. That's a unique situation that doesn't happen often. Strangely enough, the AF dosn't usually go wandering around armed indoors. We leave that to the Army.

Think I'm gonna hit the hay too. Night!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                          Yes, that's true about Hats (or covers as they are called). There's some exceptions (such as being under arms-which basically means you are armed), but I'm not gonna go into all of them. Okay, just a few. One would be an indoor color guard (like in Daniel's memorial in Fire & Water). Since they are under arms, they are covered. Exceptions for outside would include places such as a flightline, where you wouldn't want your cover sucked into a jet intake.

With MoT, the only thing I can think of, is since Col what'shisname was covered and under arms, Sam saluted. However, since she wasn't covered or under arms, she probably shouldn't have saluted. That's a unique situation that doesn't happen often. Strangely enough, the AF dosn't usually go wandering around armed indoors. We leave that to the Army.

Think I'm gonna hit the hay too. Night!
                          Thanks Seahen. Seriously this stuff seems so complicated sometimes, How do you learn it all to know what to do I really do appreciate you helping us out with this stuff.

Night Seahen, thanks for the chat

Bye luvnjack! *waves*
                          sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                            Thanks Seahen. Seriously this stuff seems so complicated sometimes, How do you learn it all to know what to do I really do appreciate you helping us out with this stuff.

Night Seahen, thanks for the chat

Bye luvnjack! *waves*
                            You just keep pulling me back in!

Your welcome. You remember it all because it's pretty much beat into you during basic training. The first thing you learn is "attention to detail" so that you know when you are wearing your uniform right and also that your flightmates have their uniform right. This way, your drill sergeant, flight training officer, or whoever has less things to pick on you for. It's basic survival.

Now I'm really going.

Comment

And I'm back. Officially off the clock. Did everyone leave?
                              sigpic

Comment

As the presses begin their run, I begin mine (a picture run, that is...).

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X