X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
    Lee who?

Absolutely, the regs actually preclude friendship bonds between officers and their subordinates just as much as romantic bonds and for a reason. However I get the impression that even in RL under certain circumstances a blind eye is turned to that part of the particular rule. Still it does pose the same problems as you've said, personal feelings for someone you care about and duty and the good of the many. Thankfully Sam and Jack are both extremely devoted and are able to put aside personal considerations when carrying out their work. But that doesn't mean they don't feel anything.

I'm gonna start on Part 2 for a second coz I've now convinced myself that Sam does suspect in the final scene of Part 1 that it'll be Jack going in for Daniel. When we have that lovely scene between them in her lab she doesn't seem at all surprised when he tells her he's going after Daniel, it's actually as though she was completely expecting him to say it.
    Oh indeed. She nods and isn't the least bit surprised. I love the lighting in this scene...the hushed tones. She doesn't straighten up or come to attention when he walks in but looks up at him with those eyes. And of course it's not just Daniel they're concerned about now, as I said before...it's each other. Cuz Jack is going off without his 2IC to back him up...and he knows that Sam is going off without him as her backup...and while he's not worried for himself, he's worried---you just know it--for her. And she's trepidatious about undertaking such an important mission without him...but probably more about him heading off to South America without any help. The words spoken are few; the meaning conveyed...beyond words.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
      I though we had enough of the positive and negative Ship talk argument we had for years. If this thread is just going to be about happy talk it's not worth it. I'm sick of having to defend myself for having negative thoughts. I'm also sick of all the OT BS this thread has. I guess that's ok.If anyone wants to put up with anything TPTB throw at us and we all have to except it with a smile on our face that's not me. I'm out of here. Good luck.

*waves*
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Not much, except maybe a dash of fluff at the end and a BHK

I see, well how about this angle?

What? I'm just trying to get my facts right in case I wanna use the info in a fic or something you know

Oh and what does SAW stand for? ((((Seahen))))
        I sent a picture to my bro-in-law since he was Army to confirm. We'll see what he says.

And SAW = Squad Automatic Weapon = (per wikipedia) A squad automatic weapon (SAW, also known as section automatic weapon or light support weapon) is a light or general-purpose machine gun, usually equipped with a bipod and firing a rifle-caliber round. A SAW is used to provide suppressive fire for an infantry squad or section. Typically the ammunition used is interchangeable with assault rifles carried by other members of a unit [1], simplifying military logistics.

Comment

May I interrupt this discussion of Evolution to say that I really thought we'd tried to move beyond this discussion yesterday and get back to just talking about Sam and Jack? I know a lot of this antagonism threw a lot of people off the past couple of days and I was under the impression that we'd sort of gotten past it late yesterday and were trying to move ahead. I understand people just catching up to the topic, but please, can we leave this alone now? I think everyone's tired of it on all sides.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
            I though we had enough of the positive and negative Ship talk argument we had for years. If this thread is just going to be about happy talk it's not worth it. I'm sick of having to defend myself for having negative thoughts. I'm also sick of all the OT BS this thread has. I guess the OT is ok though as like as there is no negative posts..If anyone wants to put up with anything TPTB throw at us and we all have to except it with a smile on our face that's not me. I'm out of here. Good luck.
            Hoy! No one's sayin' ya' have to leave! I mean, if you want to, sure, go right ahead, no one can stop ya', but we're also happy to have ya'. It's not like none of us have negative thoughts about TPTB - but they're more along the irritated line than actual frustration. That's not what this thread is for, though. We're looking for the silver linings, staying on the sunny side of life for our ship! And I feel like I'm playing some sort of moderator here, but... Someone's gotta say it, right?
            sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
              And I love it when we get glimpses of Jack's past. You get a sense of what the man has been through...things he's endured...things that have shaped him and made him who he is now...things he keeps so deeply buried that make him so complex that you start to understand why he wears the mask of simple-ness so often. It's a way of forgetting...or at least pretending to forget, cuz I don't think he ever does.
              Oh yes, I was so gonna comment on that too. I too love any glimpse of his past. Though I feel we know him, we know very little about his past.

In fact the 1st glimpse is right at the beginning when we're reminded subtly of his balck ops days...

So we send in a team to extract him *beat* we've done it before.

The way he says it and the look in his eyes lets you know that he knows this coz HE'S done it before.
              sigpic
              Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                I sent a picture to my bro-in-law since he was Army to confirm. We'll see what he says.

And SAW = Squad Automatic Weapon = (per wikipedia) A squad automatic weapon (SAW, also known as section automatic weapon or light support weapon) is a light or general-purpose machine gun, usually equipped with a bipod and firing a rifle-caliber round. A SAW is used to provide suppressive fire for an infantry squad or section. Typically the ammunition used is interchangeable with assault rifles carried by other members of a unit [1], simplifying military logistics.
                Thanks again to our resident expert! (I'm just glad it didn't have anything to do with that creepy movie...)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot_Jackie View Post
                  *is in the gutter*

Hmmm... Wielding such a big gun implies strength and endurance....

As long as we are splashing around in the gutter....in the Navy we never called weapons "guns". A "gun" referred to...um... well,... you get the idea - don't you?

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

Not much, except maybe a dash of fluff at the end and a BHK

I see, well how about this angle?

What? I'm just trying to get my facts right in case I wanna use the info in a fic or something you know

Oh and what does SAW stand for? ((((Seahen))))
                    Okay, I've been corrected: Bro-in-law tells me its the British version of the SAW, called a MINIMI.

Comment

Oh yes, I was so gonna comment on that too. I too love any glimpse of his past. Though I feel we know him, we know very little about his past.

In fact the 1st glimpse is right at the beginning when we're reminded subtly of his balck ops days...

So we send in a team to extract him *beat* we've done it before.

The way he says it and the look in his eyes lets you know that he knows this coz HE'S done it before.
                      One does wonder just how much even Hammond knows about Jack's past. Obviously the incident with Burke isn't something George is familiar with, or else he wouldn't have asked him if there was anything he needed to know. I would assume that not even he would be privvy to most of Jack's work prior to the Stargate program.

And this, of course reminds me of A Matter of Time and the guy (whose name escapes me...) who left Jack behind to be captured an imprisoned...
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh indeed. She nods and isn't the least bit surprised. I love the lighting in this scene...the hushed tones. She doesn't straighten up or come to attention when he walks in but looks up at him with those eyes. And of course it's not just Daniel they're concerned about now, as I said before...it's each other. Cuz Jack is going off without his 2IC to back him up...and he knows that Sam is going off without him as her backup...and while he's not worried for himself, he's worried---you just know it--for her. And she's trepidatious about undertaking such an important mission without him...but probably more about him heading off to South America without any help. The words spoken are few; the meaning conveyed...beyond words.
                        Oh so beautifully said APA *shippy sigh* That's how they comminicate best, few words with looks and body language and tone of voice giving all the meaning.

Yes, they have a shared concern for Daniel. BUt this scene right here isn't about Daniel, it's about each of them going off seperatly to dangerous missions of their own - you said it much better with the back up thing APA.

He gazes down at her with such loving eyes and he has that soft, gentle, rumbling voice we rarely get to hear unless he's talking to children. And she anticipates what he's gonna say, finishes his sentences. This is a rare moment where they are not CO and 2IC but Jack and Sam. And then when he leaves and we get a lingering shot of Sam's face we truly see her concern for him, how worried she is, that I think she tried to hide while he was there.

Hehe...thanks Seahen, you're the best. You sure you don't need another angle though?

May I interrupt this discussion of Evolution to say that I really thought we'd tried to move beyond this discussion yesterday and get back to just talking about Sam and Jack? I know a lot of this antagonism threw a lot of people off the past couple of days and I was under the impression that we'd sort of gotten past it late yesterday and were trying to move ahead. I understand people just catching up to the topic, but please, can we leave this alone now? I think everyone's tired of it on all sides.
                        Here Here....more chocolate!!
                        sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

I think the whole incident with Burke goes to show the depth of Jack's integrity...and that, in spite of some of the things he may have had to do, he is, at the heart of it, a good and honest man. The fact that he wouldn't testify falsely just becuse Burke was a buddy speaks a lot to that. Some might argue that they were teammates and should back each other up, no matter what. Jack, though, obviously smelled a rat about the whole incident...and without any corroborating evidence chose to simply state the truth...that he hadn't seen what happened...buddy or not.
                          sigpic

Comment

<snip>
                            He gazes down at her with such loving eyes and he has that soft, gentle, rumbling voice we rarely get to hear unless he's talking to children. And she anticipates what he's gonna say, finishes his sentences. This is a rare moment where they are not CO and 2IC but Jack and Sam. And then when he leaves and we get a lingering shot of Sam's face we truly see her concern for him, how worried she is, that I think she tried to hide while he was there.

Hehe...thanks Seahen, you're the best. You sure you don't need another angle though?

Here Here....more chocolate!!
                            Oh absolutely. I mean, his mission is just as--if not more--precarious than hers. She's got Jacob and Teal'c with her...he's got no one. Who knows what could happen.

Please pass the chocolate!
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, I've been corrected: Bro-in-law tells me its the British version of the SAW, called a MINIMI.
                              Cool...Um, I guess I'll be looking MINIMI up on wikipedia then

One does wonder just how much even Hammond knows about Jack's past. Obviously the incident with Burke isn't something George is familiar with, or else he wouldn't have asked him if there was anything he needed to know. I would assume that not even he would be privvy to most of Jack's work prior to the Stargate program.

And this, of course reminds me of A Matter of Time and the guy (whose name escapes me...) who left Jack behind to be captured an imprisoned...
                              Indeed. In fact in the very 1st ep Jack makes that joke about having to shot anyone who read his book. I think while obviously Hammond has access to his file and probably knows a lot. There would be some missions of Jack's even Hammond can't access.

On another note. Am I alone in liking Burke? I found him really likeable and I kinda wished we could have seen him again. Maybe at a BBQ at Jack's house and SG-1 turns up and he meets Sam and....well you can guess where I'm going with this, Kawalsky was a shipper after all

Oh and can I just say...Jack looks damn FINE in that yellow shirt *drools*
                              sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                on another note: i'm sure this has already been brought up (since i'm behind right now), but just incase, here's a link to squee on.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=83444

sally
                                OMG!!!! Did you see what she said about "the General"!!! SQUEEEE!!

She rocks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X