X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for AOT
    I never though TPTB would put
    Spoiler:
    Sam/Cam together. I just do not want to see that scene. We got very little Jack/Other over the years. I'm not sure why we have to have soo many Sam/Other scenes. Even if it's a freindship scene. TPTB were almost implying Jack had very little interest from other women besides Sam and Sam had all these other men to choose from besides Jack. I also never thought the Sam/Jack Ship has sunk. I'm just concerned it's taking a very long time and I do not want to lose interest. It's not easy for me since I do not watch Atlantis and I stopped watching SG-1 in Season 9. I've been around since Season 1 soo it's been a bit of a wait. I understand other have gone through the same thing. If I have upset anyone with being negative I have no problem with saying I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      I love how Jack invites the Jaffa to join them in their escape...no matter how much abuse he takes at their hands, he's always willing to rescue them like he rescued Teal'c...well, maybe not rescue, but give them a place to go, once they've denounced their goa'uld master.

And of course Sam comes up with Plan D...ringing up the supersoldier. I had never paid attention to how they managed to subdue him...didn't realize that they'd vented the atmosphere from the cargo hold in order to finally capture him. That should have really given them a clue that they were up against an intractable enemy...not like they didn't already know it, I guess...
      Oh yeah, I love that bit too. And the casual way he does it, with a "c'mon" and a wave. Jack's always picking up strays

And I think he appreciates the courage it takes to turn against your 'god'.

Yep, Sam really wants the supersoldier. But then she's always coming up with plans "Sir, I have an idea..." is just as prevalent in her vocabulary as "Theoretically..." and "Sir, I've been thinking..." which usually leads to a plan as well. Hehehe...I love Sam.
      sigpic
      Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
        Oooo, is this the one with the M-60?

I think I have a pic...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...MachineGun.jpg

Hee hee, they're so cute together.
        Mmmmmmmmmm.....that's the one Seahen! And they are cute together, whether enjoying a meal, giggling, flirting, fishing or firing weaponry and mowing down the bad guys.

M-60 eh...so what's this very nice big honkin' gun??

And are we on Part 2 yet??
        sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
          That's right. In fact, if he were unconscious she'd be much more like to hold him close while caring for him I think. BUt being awake, no way. She would administer to his wound, help him walk if he needed, but that's it. Sam as Jack - anything else is too risky. Their feelings are to powerful and tehy can't give themselves the slightest leeway or the flood gates would pour open. It's clear in Entity that he wants to touch her, to hold her hand. The way he raises it, you fully expect him to do it and then he just taps the bed *sigh* I feel so sorry for them sometimes.

And yes, in Death Knell, he doesn't use his hand at all and even clenches it into a fist to prevent from embracing her properly IMHO.

I want to comment about the final scene in Part 1 when Hammond tells them of Daniel's kidnapping. It seems to me that Sam and Jack share a poignant look right there. Sam's big blue expressive eyes turn right to him and he looks back at her at some length before he turns back to Hammond IMHO.

I know it's a little premature, but I always felt that there was something in that look more than just about Daniel. Sam's eyes are almost pleading and Jack gets that kind of sad, haunted look he gets. It's almost as though she knows he's gonna have to go in to rescue him himself and that he knows he will too - couple of course with the worry that Daniel might already be dead.
          Like I said, in the next ep we see that that's premature, there's no reason why Sam or Jack would think he'd go in, after all there are other teams for that kind of thing but I just always felt that every time I watched. *shrug*

Either way, they shared their pain in that moment in concern for Daniel.
          Bingo, on everything you wrote, Mara. Jack has the most expressive face...and after a while you can read it very well...as I'm sure Sam has learned to do. They're both worried about Daniel...no more kidding now, for Jack. The stakes are high...on all sides. They've got to get more intel on Anubis' supersoldiers and try to stop them...and they've got to deal with missing Daniel. So I suppose they're both torn...duty v. personal feelings, for both of them. Mission for the greater good, or try to find Daniel...cuz that whole tension of duty first, personal matters second comes into play on the level of friendship as well as "ship" ship. Not that there isn't a strategic need to find Daniel and the telchak device...but I think for both of them it pales in comparison to just getting Daniel back. ( oh yeah...and Bill Lee too...).
          sigpic

Comment

Part 2 is fine by me!

Nice weaponry, btw!

Thanks, Seahen...an M-60, you say? Sweeeet!
            sigpic

Comment

Part 2 is my favorite...it's got ship...it's got angst...it's got whump...what more can one ask for!?!?!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                Spoilers for AOT
                Spoiler:
                Sam/Cam together. I just do not want to see that scene. We got very little Jack/Other over the years. I'm not sure why we have to have soo many Sam/Other scenes. Even if it's a freindship scene. TPTB were almost implying Jack had very little interest from other women besides Sam and Sam had all these other men to choose from besides Jack. I also never thought the Sam/Jack Ship has sunk. I'm just concerned it's taking a very long time and I do not want to lose interest. It's not easy for me since I do not watch Atlantis and I stopped watching SG-1 in Season 9. I've been around since Season 1 soo it's been a bit of a wait. I understand other have gone through the same thing. If I have upset anyone with being negative I have no problem with saying I'm sorry.
                Spoiler:

Well, you certainly have an odd way of showing it. The purpose of this thread is to be pro - that is positive - Sam/Jack, not the negative aspects of what we think should or should not have happened. Focusing on the positive, and in all aspects of life, tends to leave you happier, btw.

And ya' know, I'd PM this, except that the comments have been public and brought on a negative mood in what is supposed to be a safe haven of happy shipping for everyone. I honestly don't understand the need or even desire to bring everyone else's moods down. I mean hey, maybe that wasn't your intention (though your posts seem to have a sarcastic 'reality check' feel to them), and you were far from being alone, including those *raises hand* that responded.

Just loosen up a little, eh? At least in this thread. 'Cuz we're all here to be hopless romantics and giggle and squee collectively about a couple of really awesome characters and the lovely relationship they have - or should have - together. No one here's gonna bite until the the ship starts getting threatened, and go figure: this is a pro-all-about-the-ship thread.

I'll apologize, as well, for rousing any spirits. - Though my offer still stands for Silkie.
                sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmm.....that's the one Seahen! And they are cute together, whether enjoying a meal, giggling, flirting, fishing or firing weaponry and mowing down the bad guys.

[CENTER]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...un1.jpgCENTER]

I believe that's an M249 SAW but I'm not positive. He's got a lot of extras and the stock looks collapsable which is throwing me off.

Comment

Bingo, on everything you wrote, Mara. Jack has the most expressive face...and after a while you can read it very well...as I'm sure Sam has learned to do. They're both worried about Daniel...no more kidding now, for Jack. The stakes are high...on all sides. They've got to get more intel on Anubis' supersoldiers and try to stop them...and they've got to deal with missing Daniel. So I suppose they're both torn...duty v. personal feelings, for both of them. Mission for the greater good, or try to find Daniel...cuz that whole tension of duty first, personal matters second comes into play on the level of friendship as well as "ship" ship. Not that there isn't a strategic need to find Daniel and the telchak device...but I think for both of them it pales in comparison to just getting Daniel back. ( oh yeah...and Bill Lee too...).
                    Lee who?

Absolutely, the regs actually preclude friendship bonds between officers and their subordinates just as much as romantic bonds and for a reason. However I get the impression that even in RL under certain circumstances a blind eye is turned to that part of the particular rule. Still it does pose the same problems as you've said, personal feelings for someone you care about and duty and the good of the many. Thankfully Sam and Jack are both extremely devoted and are able to put aside personal considerations when carrying out their work. But that doesn't mean they don't feel anything.

I'm gonna start on Part 2 for a second coz I've now convinced myself that Sam does suspect in the final scene of Part 1 that it'll be Jack going in for Daniel. When we have that lovely scene between them in her lab she doesn't seem at all surprised when he tells her he's going after Daniel, it's actually as though she was completely expecting him to say it.
                    sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

And I love it when we get glimpses of Jack's past. You get a sense of what the man has been through...things he's endured...things that have shaped him and made him who he is now...things he keeps so deeply buried that make him so complex that you start to understand why he wears the mask of simple-ness so often. It's a way of forgetting...or at least pretending to forget, cuz I don't think he ever does.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                        Spoilers for AOT
                        Spoiler:
                        Ok, this is the last on this i'm gonna say (not that i've said that much anyway). i honestly believe there is nothing to worry about ti was a friendship scene, this is really obvious because it was a reversal of the scene in s10. man, i thought I worried, everyone take a breath and dream shippiness. it's all about the secret anyway...and the omega point theory but let's not go there...

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot_Jackie View Post
                          All right, both of you, let's see you put your money where your mouths are. Since you're so convinced of TPTB promoting Sam/Cam and screwing Sam/Jack, let's put some stakes on it. I'm equally convinced that there will be some sort of Sam/Jack positive further resolution in either Continuum or SGA S5. However small or irritatingly insignificant it may be, such as the suggested picture flash at the end.

I'm talking non-monetary, of course. But I do write fic, we all have siglines, and there's a ton of other stuff that can be up for winners/losers on internet forums.

I mean, y'all both seem so certain that the ship has sunk, so what can you possibly lose?

If TPTB confirm a Sam/Cam relationship in any form or fashion, I'll write a genuine Sam/Cam fic as punishment for being wrong. With an added bonus of Jack kissing Liara right in front of Sam as was afore mentioned, if y'all want. - Because Laira, with her whole one episode that she was in, has a WHOLE lot better chance of being with Jack than Sam. I'll also tote a sigline of y'all's choice - picture, text, combination of both, whatever - for a month.

If TPTB confirm a Jack/Sam relationship in any form or fashion, however insignificant, and/or Sam/Cam does not happen, y'all have to write formal apologies to the rest of us shippers on this thread and solomnly swear never to bring up the Sam/NOT/Jack thing again. The sigline, of course, also applies, only I choose what it is. (We're talking something as basic as "I was wrong about Sam/Cam." Nothing derogatory.)

Providing all the mods are okay with this, what do y'all say? In fact, anyone else want to join in on this wager? I'll keep a record of everyone's participating stakes. I mean, the rest of us know this is a no-brainer; TPTB have been consistantly irritating at most, but they've never insulted the fans nor denigrated their own characters. Even Pete had a point, painful as it was!

So come on and take a stand. I'm not afraid of little or no resolution - that's what fanfic is for. But Sam/Cam? It's NEVER gonna happen.
                          You go Jackie! I agree Sam/Cam is NEVER gonna happen. Sam gets along fine with Cam, she likes him well enough, but he grates on her nerves. Just watch anytime Cam starts telling one of his "grandma" stories. And, BTW
                          Spoiler:
                          I have tried to stay spoiler free regarding AoT, but this stupid Sam kissing Cam on the cheek thing is all over the place. Anyway, I don't remember what episode it was but Sam was in the infirmary and Cam brought her macaroons (just like grandma used to make). Sam absolutely HATED the macaroons which would explain why it was something she remembered. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this scene in questions also involves Sam bringing macaroons to Cam.

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

Part 2 is my favorite...it's got ship...it's got angst...it's got whump...what more can one ask for!?!?!
                            Not much, except maybe a dash of fluff at the end and a BHK

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                            I believe that's an M249 SAW but I'm not positive. He's got a lot of extras and the stock looks collapsable which is throwing me off.
                            I see, well how about this angle?

What? I'm just trying to get my facts right in case I wanna use the info in a fic or something you know

Oh and what does SAW stand for? ((((Seahen))))
                            sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

I though we had enough of the positive and negative Ship talk argument we had for years. If this thread is just going to be about happy talk it's not worth it. I'm sick of having to defend myself for having negative thoughts. I'm also sick of all the OT BS this thread has. I guess the OT is ok though as like as there is no negative posts..If anyone wants to put up with anything TPTB throw at us and we all have to except it with a smile on our face that's not me. I'm out of here. Good luck.

Comment

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z42/mara-anni/AllegJackgun1.jpg[/IMG]

*is in the gutter*

Hmmm... Wielding such a big gun implies strength and endurance....

sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Working...
                                X