Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so i finally got around to watching Meobius 1 tonight.
    And the hand thing at the briefing table!!! I watched it over and over in slo-mo... can't believe i always missed it before, it's so obvious! Okay so i haven't watched season 8 as much as all the previous seasons, only because i haven't had the box set as long...but still...I'm a disgrace!!!

So, i know you've all probably discussed this to death but i just wanted to mention a few things coz i've never had the opportunity to discuss them before.
    Spoiler:
    Have we noticed how rarely Sam calls Jack 'Sir'. In fact i think it's a grand total of 3 times (when usually every second word out of her mouth is 'Sir' when she's talking to him), until they get stuck in Egypt, she seems to slip a little then and throws the word in quite frequently on their walk away from the puddle jumper before it cuts to the alternate timeline.

And she's always standing - or sitting - next to him, close to him. I've mentioned the briefing table but i also think they seem very cosy in Daniel's lab too.

Oh and i always loved that when geek Sam and Daniel go see Jack on his boat, one of the very first things he asks is if they're a couple...hmm...i wonder why Strange thing to just ask for no apparant reason if you ask me... Hehehe, anyway i'll shut-up now.
    sigpic
    Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by tclothingw View Post
      what Eliza said, and hi my name is Maria
      Welcome to the nutty family Maria!!
      Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
      Welcome newbies! Please rate the thread with 5 stars!
      I was gonna say it but you beat me to it...D'oH!!
      Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
      Hi Everyone
      I read about shipday sounds great its my first post here and im a little nervous (sorry spelling isnt to good ) .
      For shipday i am going to watch the most shippiest eps of each season upto season 9 but i cant decied which one to watch first can anyone help me pls
      Hey fellow Aussie!! So you found your way over to the best ship thread ever!!! Cool!! Welcome to the family!!
      Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
      Hey Chelle glad to hear you'll be around for ship day
      Found this little pic a few days ago and thought it was sweet. Bit blurry unfortunately.
      http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...8lowdown41.jpg
      Sweeeet!!! Thanks mara!! Have you noticed how many Aussies we seem to be getting?? Cool!!!

I have to go...my head is throbbing and I have a sick child and a hubby and son who are still not home yet...and it's 11pm already...oh boy!!
      So night night ship family, take care, be safe, stay happy, have fun and hug your loved ones!!

(((Shipfamily)))

Oh..yeah...I forgot...thank you for all the great posts...I can't read every single one everyday but I do try and I just wanted to say thank you coz I can't green everyone for all their time and effort they put into this thread...so thank you for posting and keeping this thread one of the best and nicest place to visit...small wonder I call it my home away from home!!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi Everyone

I read about shipday sounds great its my first post here and im a little nervous (sorry spelling isnt to good ) .

For shipday i am going to watch the most shippiest eps of each season upto season 9 but i cant decied which one to watch first can anyone help me pls

Welcome

Have fun here and post lots, we all do If you have any questions feel free to pm me or any other member of our little family

Shippy eps? Do you want in your face ship?? Divide & Conquer SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Beneath the Surface *sigh* Angsty ship? Entity *cries* Subtle ship? Whole of Season 6. Resolved ship? Threads (resolved? F.I.S.H.I.N.G., so that's a yes).

These come to mind, but there are lots more.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the crazy ship family Eliza, helenmagnus23 and tclothingw!

Congrats on 6,400 L.A. Doyle!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliza View Post
            is there a reason why Beneath the Surface isn't on the list of shippy eps?

- E.
            These are not concise lists...there are many eps in all the seasons IMHO that have shippy moments. But i think most would include 'Beneath the Surface' it would be on mine for sure.

Just a little aside note. Many people choose 'Solitudes' as the shippy ep of season one, but while i agree its great, i really must go for 'Broca Divide' hehe, and not just coz i live in the gutter (although i kinda do). For me this ep revealed a lot about the secret feelings of both characters but even more so for Jack than Sam. Sam jumps Jack in the locker room...but she's pretty far gone with the virus and is feeling...libidinous...and chooses Jack because...well do we really need an explanation

For me Jack's reaction when he goes ape-man is far more revealing. He beats the **** out of Daniel...why? Because Daniel shows concern for Sam and says he's going to visit her. Jack calls her 'Samantha' *sigh* and tells Daniel to stay away from her before flying into a jealous rage and pummeling poor Daniel. Now, maybe its just me...but that was a very possessive action on Jack's part. And i don't think Janet coud've explained that away the way she did Sam's actions. Conveniently, only Daniel knows what the fight was about.
            sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              It's quiet in here tonight! Something to jump-start everyone.
              Spoiler:
              http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/missnjack/m7.jpg

Look how she's grabbing his arm. -sigh-
              I just have to say we had a very gutter night last night on the thread. You sure did jump start it
              Originally posted by tclothingw View Post
              what Eliza said, and hi my name is Maria

WELCOME!!!
              (you know this sounds a little like an AA meeting welcome...I have to play along) Hi my name is B welcome to our nutty home
              mmmmm more gutter
              Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              Well, since we're handing out welcome gifts...
              http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...g-WoO-kiss.gif
              EDIT: Sorry, did we already see this one today??
              EDIT 2: LOL! Nevermind! Nikki posted it again anyway!
              You know I was stuck at two posts for way to long this morning!
              Man how did you all survive the night? <I can't sink any lower!>
              Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
              I stand corrected.
              Congratulations, L.A. Doyle, on 6,400 posts!!!
              CONGRATS FROM ME TOO!!!!

Yep, I'm pretty sure any more gutter someone is gonna have to throw me a life preserver.
              Hi Everyone
              I read about shipday sounds great its my first post here and im a little nervous (sorry spelling isnt to good ).
              WELCOME!!!

and don't be worried about your spelling...mine bites...infact when I have time I have to open up Word to find my mistypings and such. Keep posting and again welcome to the family
              Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              (((B)))...thanks B...I was meant to work on ship day but now I don't have to...YAY...so I'll be here with bells on!!
              YAHOO CHELLE!!!! I wish I could be here with bells on...but the tennis court won... (and I am so not gonna wish for rain)
              - E.
              Its on peoples lists but I think Jenn and Eve were listing their fav shippy ep by season. D&C kinda always wins season 4 (Though I have a soft spot for WoO therefore sometimes mine has that instead...oops)

Ok its breakfast time...(and did you notice CHelle said she was going to bed...11 pm it was 9am here...and my HP book comes soon...UPS says its out for delivery!!! )
              sigpic
              GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah View Post

Tried to green you for this bit it wouldn't let me... Doh!
                I LOVE this scene, can't get enough of it...
                sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  Sweeeet!!! Thanks mara!! Have you noticed how many Aussies we seem to be getting?? Cool!!!
                  I have to go...my head is throbbing and I have a sick child and a hubby and son who are still not home yet...and it's 11pm already...oh boy!!
                  So night night ship family, take care, be safe, stay happy, have fun and hug your loved ones!!
                  (((Shipfamily)))
                  Night Chelle, sorry to hear one of your kids is sick, hope they're better soon. And when hubby gets home smack him upside the head...share the pain

And yeah, its nice to see our fellows from the land of Oz joining in. Hey now maybe there'll be people on here when i am...
                  sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Thanks for the lovley welcome everyone (hugs)

So many great shippy eps to choose from which alternate reality eps do use think is the most shippy ?

its so hard to choose in need chocolate

sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Thanks for the lovley welcome everyone (hugs)

So many great shippy eps to choose from which alternate reality eps do use think is the most shippy ?

its so hard to choose in need chocolate

Umm...'Point of view' which is angsty and 'Moebius' which is fun i love that one hug scene in TBFTGOG too.
                      Last edited by mara-anni; 21 July 2007, 07:00 AM.
                      sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Hi Everyone

Another newbie! Welcome! Post a lot! Have fun!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, it's past 1am so guess i'd better get a few hours sleep before the squirt wakes me up.

But before i go...guess what i found?!!!! Hehehe! Ok so i'm just gonna post these pics (spoilered) and then i'm gonna shut-up about it

Spoiler:

cedit to Diane Kateri from the Sam/Jack Screen Caps website for the caps
                          sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Mine was one per season, and D&C beat it out...

Comment

So, i know you've all probably discussed this to death but i just wanted to mention a few things coz i've never had the opportunity to discuss them before. Have we noticed how rarely Sam calls Jack 'Sir'. In fact i think it's a grand total of 3 times (when usually every second word out of her mouth is 'Sir' when she's talking to him), until they get stuck in Egypt, she seems to slip a little then and throws the word in quite frequently on their walk away from the puddle jumper before it cuts to the alternate timeline.
                              A few months ago I watched the episode specifically counting how many times. She almost never does . The reason I did this had to do with The Shroud:
                              Spoiler:
                              She doesn't call him sir at all in The Shroud, which we found vaguely shippy.
                              So or course, we had to count Moebius...
                              Definitely Moebius, for reasons like the hand touch and:
                              And she's always standing - or sitting - next to him, close to him. I've mentioned the briefing table but i also think they seem very cosy in Daniel's lab too.
                              Most of the other AU episodes the shippiness doesn't take place between Sam and Jack, but between versions of them from another AU which, IMHO, doesn't count. And don't get me started on the PoV kiss and how that's actually Jack kissing another woman.
                              Well, it's past 1am so guess i'd better get a few hours sleep before the squirt wakes me up.

But before i go...guess what i found?!!!! Hehehe! Ok so i'm just gonna post these pics (spoilered) and then i'm gonna shut-up about it

And since we're on the topic:
                              Because I refuse to believe he didn't get her backside as he walked behind her and I find that scene, with Jack finally exerting the kind of personal influence over Sam she's been (probably unconsciously) exerting over him since CotG to be about the shippiest moment ever.

Comment

Just a quick post to say welcome to all the newbies and congrats on all milestones.

Comment

Working...
                                X