• Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome meriwyn

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
      Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the forums and also to Stargate *blush*

I'll admit I never watched it until my roommate started having me watch all his DVDs and I'm totally hooked! And it only took me a short time to become a total cheerleader for Jack and Sam hehe. So...since I'm new to the series, forgive my noobish comments.

I'm into Season 4 right now and I just got finished watching Divide and Conquer and Window of Opportunity. And YAY!!! The scene where Jack was being tested by Anise and he had to admit his feelings for Sam was AWESOME. Also, the kiss in Window of Opportunity was priceless (actually that whole episode was hilarious...especially watching Teal'c play golf haha).

I don't mind spoilers and I've looked ahead a little bit. Now I know why all the shippers are so frustrated! Looks like we don't get anything tangible at all

I like the idea though of hidden or private references to them being together but trying to maintain somewhat of a facade for their careers. Who doesn't like the spice of a forbidden love??

Anyway, thanks for indulging a newbie hehe. I hope to stick around here for quite sometime

Welcome Meriwyn

Have fun in here and post a lot ...And S4 SQUEEEE So good season...and don't be afraid

in the minds of lots of shippers Sam and Jack are
      Spoiler:
      Soo married in S9 and S10

And in mines they are also
      Spoiler:
      trying to get babies now

You also still have some great episodes to look forward to... Grace, Threads, Moebius, some others from S4....Death Knell...enough

And my special thingie for the day(and the newcomer)

sigpic

Comment

I'll admit I never watched it until my roommate started having me watch all his DVDs and I'm totally hooked! And it only took me a short time to become a total cheerleader for Jack and Sam hehe. So...since I'm new to the series, forgive my noobish comments.

I'm into Season 4 right now and I just got finished watching Divide and Conquer and Window of Opportunity. And YAY!!! The scene where Jack was being tested by Anise and he had to admit his feelings for Sam was AWESOME. Also, the kiss in Window of Opportunity was priceless (actually that whole episode was hilarious...especially watching Teal'c play golf haha).

I don't mind spoilers and I've looked ahead a little bit. Now I know why all the shippers are so frustrated! Looks like we don't get anything tangible at all

I like the idea though of hidden or private references to them being together but trying to maintain somewhat of a facade for their careers. Who doesn't like the spice of a forbidden love??

Anyway, thanks for indulging a newbie hehe. I hope to stick around here for quite sometime
        WELCOME TO THE THREAD!
        Don't mind spoilers, ey? Me neighter! (Well I do, but I can't resist... )
        Have fun, love this place and be merry!
        And yeah, S4... No wonder you joined the thread now ...
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks so much for the warm welcome all And yes, Season 4 is awesome so far! I can't wait to see what happens next (I sort of know as I read some of the synopses but I have yet to see them actually unfold).

Thanks for the little vid starlover! Very hawt

You know, I have to say that the kiss in Window of Opportunity is probably the first "real time" Jack and Sam kiss we've had or will ever have. I know it was a time loop and all, but it wasn't an alternate universe! It was really "them"

Sorry I'm sure this has all been rehashed again and again. I have alot of thread reading to do! hehe
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            {snippie doodle}

I actually intentionally keep Jack from calling her ‘baby’ cause I know some people HATE it. Personally, I can hear him doing it, but not in the demeaning truck driver at a diner sort of pinch-your-bottom way. My husband occasionally calls me ‘baby’ in private moments, which NO ONE who knows him would ever believe, BTW, because it’s a word he uses to express a tender side no one else ever really sees. Maybe it’s an upper Midwestern thing, but the way he does it is very affectionate and intimate while being not at all demeaning.

So, basically, in my mind Jack does call Sam baby… but only sometimes and in very specific situations. And I will never ever ever ever write it in a fanfic.

{more snippie doodle}
            Maybe it is a thing 'round here. The only time my husband has ever called my "baby" is when I'm falling apart crying or wake up from a nightmare and he hugs me to calm me down. Even then he whispers it quietly in my ear.

So maybe in the Heroes hug when Jack dips his head down into Sam's neck he might've whispered, "It's okay, baby, I'm here."

Last edited by UhSir; 16 February 2007, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Hi! Nice to meet you. I just watched s4 myself.

I'm currently in s5, just finished 2001. It was amazing how I instinctively managed to dislike Joe from the moment I saw him. I didn't think I could get so possessive of S/J so quickly.I thought Narim was just sweet, but I really didn't like this guy.

Comment

Welcome to the Crazy Ship Family
                Meriwyn

click
                Season 4. The good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                  I can see this much more than the sappy hearts and flowers versions.
                  My husband and I were comfy on the couch some 29 years ago and he asked me "If I buy a house would you come live with me?"
                  So I asked "Do you want to make that legal?"
                  He said "Yeah!"
                  Six months later we moved into our house - husband and wife.

(I don't really look like Harlan.)
                  That's about how I figure Sam and Jack would do it. Well, in a way that fits their situations. Right, I think I'm making no sense sense at all.

(And I don't look like Harry. I soooo don't have a beard and mustache. Although I understand after menopause that could happen.)

Comment

I need my daily shot of ship again, so here I am

First on the avatar thing: I imagine you guys looking like you avatars too. I thought it was kinda silly, but now I see it's perfectly natural Thank you.

Well...I've talked to someone from Uni, who turned out to be quite the Stargate fan AND quite the anti as well... (Imagine two avarage sitting outside on a bench loudly discussing the pro's and con's of The Ship ) He said he did NOT see ANY chemistry between S/J and that there could be no way they could be together. (Such a funny guy )

Since we all know what the anti's think (and how wrong they are ) I won't go into that any further, but the conversation and the 'hints' we got lately made me think Ship and Resoltion ... So... if we REALLY CAN'T get a They-are-sooo-together-BHK, due to TPTB's 'Lets try to keep everyone happy thingy' I will also be slightly satisfyed with:
                    - A nice long shot of The Ring
                    - A picture of the two of them in the background
                    - Sam mentioning 'Jack'
                    - Daniel or T talking about 'them' as in 'together'
                    - Sam mentioning she's in a relationship (cause TPTB would not be wacky enough to pair her with anyone else )
                    - Or of course, her ID with the name O'Neill on it

But, with a clear resolution I will be forever happy:
                    - Hearing them calling eatchother by a nickname (no matter which one, if it indicates a romantic relationship, I'd go with EVERY name )
                    - Sam mentioning 'Jack' in combination with 'spending the weekend', 'husband', 'cabin'...
                    - Daniel or T talking about 'them' as in 'together' and mentioning 'their great wedding'
                    - Sam mentioning she's in a relationship. With Jack O'Neill.

I could go on, but you know what I mean... Eventough I must say I highly prefer the BHK and everything we can clearly see (and hear ) (Obviously... but you know, just saying it in case of actually having lurking PTB's on this thread... )
                    And yeah, I know this has been talked about a couple of times before, but had to get it off off my chest. (It's the Anti's fault ) So see it as my view on things discussed

Was this a rant? No. It was a happy-go-lucky-resolution-now-post
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                      I'm not a mother, but I think it would be normal to have doubts about something like that. I don't like fics where Sam is depicted as being totally clueless about being a mother. From what I've seen, she's got a maternal side. She's very loving and caring and devoted to what she loves. I think she'd make a great mother.
                      I'm probably the only S/J shipper on earth who thinks this but...

I don't see Sam and Jack having kids. It just doesn't fit them for me.

*runs away from the attack of the killer tomatoes*

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

... Not entirely alone... *Looks around* I'm with ya on this one It just doesn't ... feel... right.

*Runs to see where UhSir is hiding so I can join*

sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much for the warm welcome all And yes, Season 4 is awesome so far! I can't wait to see what happens next (I sort of know as I read some of the synopses but I have yet to see them actually unfold).

You know, I have to say that the kiss in Window of Opportunity is probably the first "real time" Jack and Sam kiss we've had or will ever have. I know it was a time loop and all, but it wasn't an alternate universe! It was really "them"

Sorry I'm sure this has all been rehashed again and again. I have alot of thread reading to do! hehe
                          Season 4, one of my favorite seasons, what ep are you on now? And that kiss IS great b/c it really is the first time that THEY actually kiss...well, not the first time, not if you count Broca Divide, but yes, the first 'real time' I would agree!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

I think that they would make great parents, and that they would want to be parents, Jack again, and Sam for the first time. I do believe that season 8 did show what Sam wanted (I believe that Grace was THEIR child). Sam wants a family, she wouldn't have gone in the direction with if she didn't feel she was missing something in her life. She knew she couldn't have the family with the man she loved, so she settled for some loser! (But that's over with....Thank goodness!) I think that Jack could be a dad again and that he would want to also...again I say they would make wonderful parents, and to me it does fit them, they would be great! (IMHO)

Comment

Welcome Meriwyn!!!

Don't hesitate to post about anything your shippy heart feels. Rehashing the early episodes are always fun and also healthy for the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                SAM, CARTER, and SAMANTHA
                                To play devil's advocate. I had a Samantha for a college roomate (my other was Elizabeth.. and they got along just fine IN THE SAME ROOM... BTW) who went by Sam all the time except now her husband calls her Samantha. He's the only one, and she absolutely loves it because she sees it is an insistence on seeing her as completely feminine without diminishing that by diminishing her name. Make sense?

I could see Sam feeling that way, too, because Jack called her Samantha in her own fantasy of him and she said her dad called her 'Sam' because he wanted a son... So I think there's a definite part of her which feels 'Sam' is a masculinization. Remember, we can watch the slimy aliens in reruns, but for her they're many years in her past by now and the memory of them calling her 'Samantha' is not that fresh and I really don't think would bother her the way it bothers us. It's also a 180 from the completely gender neutral 'Carter' and I could see those two names being used in 180 situation in RL for Sam and Jack... Samantha being the fully intimate 'pet name'.

But, having Jack call her Samantha is another thing since people feel so strongly about I will not do anymore in fanfic. Like trying to avoid any mention of Jack's real name . Why risk pushing people's buttons?
                                I’m pretty sure it’s referring to Sara: “This is me, baby.”. There is something so tender and caring in the way he says it..he doesn’t have feelings for his ‘op’. I can’t imagine Sarah understanding him referring to the op as his baby, either, and having just rewatched it, I’m certain it was to Sarah.
                                I think that that (Samantha) could be a pet name for her from him because, I mean that is what HE (though it WAS Sam) called her in Grace, so on some level she can see him calling her Samantha, though not all the time at all, I don't think I would like it, but every once in a while, I think she would approve, though Sam is my favorite name from him to her and I like the occasional Carter, but mainly just Sam, I see nothing wrong with the Samantha option that he has (IMHO)

Comment

Working...
                                X