This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    PM Jennifer. She'll take care of it for you. Isn't it great to have our own thread of our own fics....just like a collection!!!
    Thanks (((Melissa)))! And thanks to (((Jennifer))) who has already popped them on there for me!
    sigpic
    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
      Wondering about a fic I read quite a while ago. SG-1, Katherine and Ernest don't get away as in ToT, and the six are marooned on the planet.
      Hi Gatetrixer,

I think this got lost in the midst of all the great Avalon pics. I think you are probably talking about a terrific fic called "A Place Called Home," by Sharim. Here is a link to it at the Stargate Novel Archive:

http://www.shahrazad.net/users/sgnov...calledhome.txt

Hope this is what you were looking for.

BTW -
      Thanks to everyone who posted their lovely Avalon pics for sharing a little of your unforgettable experience with the rest of us who couldn't go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
        Yep, by me. I was just going to look for them. Sally, I do have more caps that I don't believe I posted. Actually, I've been meaning to go back to cap more. If you wanted anything specific, I'm more then willing to help. It's not like it's a hardship watching that scene over and over and over again . . .
        i'm happy.

when i saved them onto my desktop, they were fine. when i transferred them into a folder, they went out of order. when i tried to put them back in order... i got a bit frustrated.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
          Hi Gatetrixer,

I think this got lost in the midst of all the great Avalon pics. I think you are probably talking about a terrific fic called "A Place Called Home," by Sharim. Here is a link to it at the Stargate Novel Archive:

http://www.shahrazad.net/users/sgnov...calledhome.txt

Hope this is what you were looking for.

BTW -
          Thanks to everyone who posted their lovely Avalon pics for sharing a little of your unforgettable experience with the rest of us who couldn't go.
          Hey Melora!

If you have any other fanfic reccomendations, that'd be great. I've pretty much read everything on fanfiction.net, but there's so many sites, with such great fic...

Ditto on the Avalon pictures!
          my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell View Post
            I was reading the Sun Times newspaper from Tuesday, Dec. 5 and in the showcase section it had this two page article on "Unrequited couples". It had TV's Hall of Fame Flirts with couples from Cheers, Moonlighting (of course), Northern Exposure, Who's the Boss, Sex and the City, Frasier, Friends, and a few others but of course Jack and Sam were missing. In the article it says, "These are the non-couples that TV writers are counting on you to tune in and root for, especially when they aren't copulating. The journey of love is meant to grab you. Even on-again, off-again couples such as "Friends" Ross and Rachel count, because along the way they leave viewers unrequited. This is one of the sturdiest standards in tv and (movies). You can look at it one way or another.
            .Stories of romance fulfill your heart with thoughts of juicy fantasy.
            .Or they're love-teasing you to frustration until you stop watching and ratings fall. Only then in a fit of desperation does the show throw the non-couple together in the sack....But writers strain the imagination to come up with ways to keep non-couples apart... (I found his last comments interesting as well)...Why do viewers keep cutting a break to these shows and their idiotic story lines? It's on a case-by-case basis. I'm willing to deal with the on-again, off-again dance on "Veronica Mars" because the rest of the show is so great. But will I be strung along forever? Not likely."
            In the middle he talks about some of the old shows and some of the new ones, but what I found interesting was the above. Nothing of this is new to any of us but still... The title was Birds do it. Bees do it. So what's stopping TV's unrequited couples? (Then in big bold letters) LET'S DO IT ALREADY
            Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Apparently, we've been VERY PATIENT and have cut TPTB plenty of slack.

The above photo by the marvelous Mala looks like Jack and Sam just said:

LET'S DO IT ALREADY!!!

Comment

I was looking at the school paper today and there was an article about guarding yourself against stalkers. I figured I should read it....

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i'm happy.

when i saved them onto my desktop, they were fine. when i transferred them into a folder, they went out of order. when i tried to put them back in order... i got a bit frustrated.

sally

Yeah, it doesn't help if you kept the same names I used. It's a little backwards. 12 was actually the first one ending with 1, and the scenes are a little jumbled in my folder.

Anyway, last night I made another vid. I uploaded it to my MGM site earlier this morning but it still hasn't showed up yet. Anyway, anyone can view it on youtube at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZdfngd0ej8. I really must upload my other two vids there as well. **goes off to do so**

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                  I was looking at the school paper today and there was an article about guarding yourself against stalkers. I figured I should read it....

Maybe I should read that article to get updated...

Comment

I have just one thing to say before I head off to bed about one of the Avalon photos from Kate's site:

lll
                    Mirroring!

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
                      Hey Melora!

If you have any other fanfic reccomendations, that'd be great. I've pretty much read everything on fanfiction.net, but there's so many sites, with such great fic...

Ditto on the Avalon pictures!
                      You are so right. So many sites, so much great fic. Unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder to find anything new that I haven't read before. I'm sure it's the same with you.

Having said that, I did find a fic on livejournal just a week or so ago that I really enjoyed. It's a really lovely hurt/comfort fic that has Sam in the infirmary and Jack watching over her.

Part One: http://returnofpiper.livejournal.com/257484.html

Part Two: http://returnofpiper.livejournal.com/254953.html

I think the author is also planning to continue the series, so there should be one or more sequels to come (and hopefully a happy ending ).

Comment

You are so right. So many sites, so much great fic. Unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder to find anything new that I haven't read before. I'm sure it's the same with you.

Having said that, I did find a fic on livejournal just a week or so ago that I really enjoyed. It's a really lovely hurt/comfort fic that has Sam in the infirmary and Jack watching over her.

I think the author is also planning to continue the series, so there should be one or more sequels to come (and hopefully a happy ending ).
                        Thanks!

You always find such amazing stories! And from MANY different sites, as well!

It's not as hard to find unread fic, but personally, I don't think it's as easy to navigate as fanfiction.net....

Comment

i don't know if these have been recommended, but if they haven't, these are really good

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1159346/
                          this is the author's page...links to all 16 vignettes are there

They're a series of s/j vignettes, usually published within a day or two of each other.

off to read the other recs...

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                          My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                          My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                          My Stargate Videos
                          It's meant to be!

Comment

I just read another fic by the same author I recced above (her lj name is returnofpiper). It was very cute and thought I would mention it since I'm online tonight. It's called, "Missing Something." In it, Sam reflects on her past engagements and engagement rings.

http://returnofpiper.livejournal.com/250492.html#cutid1

And now I'm off to bed. Got to get up early and grade final exams in the morning.

Good night shippers!

Comment

Yep, I've started rereading my favorites. I don't think I've read these though so thanks for the recs.

OT (kinda): Jack doll is now in the mail, so if my Sam doll gets in the ship crisis will be avoided. Of course, now I have a Jack and a Daniel and no Sam....not even gonna go there. Sam and Teal'c must be in by Christmas.

Comment

Ah, 12:30... time for me to go to bed! Night everyone!

BTW, I think two dates for our Shipmas/ New Year would be perfect! More celebrating, and everyone would get to take part in both!

Comment

Working...
                                X