This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    I don't care about the past right now, we need to work together to keep it going so we can get our resolutions. If it's gone this season, that's it and 10 years of watching is in the toilet. Please email, please watch the episode-don't TIVO. It's not right what they did to the show. They made their money and ran! This is a repeat of what NBC did to Star Trek 36 years ago. You have the money that speaks to their hearts, take it away!!!
    Maybe some other company should take the show in their hands again?
    Because it's Sci Fi that cancelled right? If some chain or other would invest in SG1 and we could encourage TPTB to make the best out of it then Sci Fi is gonna be pretty pissed off. But that's far reaching!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
      Thanks Trupi!

If people would like to write and are struggling for a form of words then I'm posting what I sent if you'd like a template. Obviously don't use the exact same thing as it may lose impact but it will give you a starter for 10.

Spoiler:

I am writing to express my concern on the news that broke earlier today reporting that Sci-fi had cancelled Stargate SG1.

I am a long-term fan of the show and have watched it from its first airing. If what is reported is true, I would like to express my anger and sadness at this decision particularly in terms of its timing following straight after the airing of the historic 200th episode.

While I understand the business factors that drive decision making around programming and realise that the show has struggled with ratings during the last month, I believe a continued investment in the show over another Season will prove to be worthwhile with the renewed format of the show settling and ultimately regaining audience share.

I sincerely hope that you can confirm these reports are false and if not, I would encourage you to reconsider your decision.

Sincerely,

But if I am honest with myself I don't think it will make any difference if we send mails/letters/petitions/... IMO they already made up their mind a long time ago they only wanted ep 200 so they could have a record on their name. I don't even think that they will read what people send to them cause they will get a lot of things. and not everyone is that kind and friendly as you wrote it down.
      I really do hope they think again about it but with the low rating, I don't think we can have a lot of hope...
      I think the best change we have is another network who will see that Sg1 is a 'good' show and will keep it alive.
      But I do think that it is the end and that makes me really sad. I really will miss it. But I hope that all the cast and crew members had a wonderfull time and that they all will find something else that they also love doing.

And what I do think we might get is maybe a mini-serie or a movie...

Comment

Mary good points.I was not happy TPTB of X-Files continued without DD and I was not happy TPTB of SG-1 did the same with RDA gone.I saw this happening to SG-1.I'm not surprised.This is why I was not happy with the AU and fake Ship.I was afraid the show was on borrowed time.Now who knows how long we have to wait for the Sam/Jack resolution.I'm a little surprised Atlantis is getting another year.They could be in trouble next year if they get off to a slow start in the ratings.If SG-1 does get picked up I hope their is cast changes with Mitchell and Vala gone.No offense to the actors.IMO the Vala and Mitchell characters did not work.Time to go back to what works.It would be a good idea to have RDA be as involved as possible as an actor and TPTB.

Comment

As sad as I am to lose "Stargate SG-1," I don't want to fight to keep the show as it is currently configured. I think it is extremely unlikely that Sci/Fi or any other channel would pick up an aging series with low ratings--even if it does have some new actors. As someone said, it's "The X-Files" syndrome all over again.

At this point, I think we have to hope that there will be a positive resolution to the Sam and Jack story before the end of the season. Have they finished filming yet? If they haven't, then perhaps we can lobby for a clear S/J resolution; if not, then the Sci/Fi bigwigs have run us over with a truck.

Bucky

Comment

I sorry if this sounds nasty: What is the use of emailing? They made up their minds? It's a done deal? No wonder the world is so messed up if everyone lays down and dies at the first sign of trouble. Most of you are on the internet having a good time so how much time would it take to send an email and try to get our point across? Would it hurt? Can we at least try? I know I'm going to lead the fight and it might not get us much time but it might get us the time and the people we need to get our resolution completed! I love you guys but when I hear comments like some of you made??????? Come on! Sorry if I upset some but I'm really upset!
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm off to bed.

I really hope that the show does continue. I know not everybody is happy with the show in its current format and I've had my own criticisms of Season 9 but I would personally like it continue for at least another Season for them to be able to wrap up all the storylines including the Sam/Jack ship effectively.

But if it really is the end then I hope we do get some real resolution to the Sam/Jack ship at the end of S10. I don't think they have finished filming/writing for the end of the Season yet and you would assume TPTB are now putting contingency plans in place for if MGM cannot find another network.

And on that note, 'night Shippers. Let's hope it all looks a little better in the morning.
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Good question Gatetrixer.This was not an issue of not enough Ads.The problems run deeper.IMO their is no doubt many Fans were upset when the Show when on without RDA and the direction of the Show.IMO this is what happens when you try to get greedy and want to milk every dime.If the Show only stopped after 8 and just focused on Movies.

Comment

I sorry if this sounds nasty: What is the use of emailing? They made up their minds? It's a done deal? No wonder the world is so messed up if everyone lays down and dies at the first sign of trouble. Most of you are on the internet having a good time so how much time would it take to send an email and try to get our point across? Would it hurt? Can we at least try? I know I'm going to lead the fight and it might not get us much time but it might get us the time and the people we need to get our resolution completed! I love you guys but when I hear comments like some of you made??????? Come on! Sorry if I upset some but I'm really upset!
                  OK, so I'm off to bed, after this final comment:

I'm with you, Trupi!!
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

I'm sorry if some of us don't look optimistic right now but let's be realistic here. I'm all for emailing and annoying those stupid guys but we have to stay grounded to Earth also. If we get our hopes up too much to see it be crushed afterwards because we saw no resolution or renewal. What if they continue for 11 and we still don't have our ship? I'm all for Stargate continuing but I think it's time for a change. Think about the actors too. They have spent a decade on this show and I think some want to try something else. Sure they would be happy to continue the serie but I think they want to move on a bit. See what they can achieve without the Stargate mania.

I will fight because I'm with you and I have a fighter's mind but I'm going to stay realistic too here.

Comment

I was going to post in the Petition thread, but then I saw I was FINALLY going to hit 300 posts. I've been here since the Delphi days, but I don't post very often, so most of you probably don't know me.

Anyway. Wanted to make my 300th in the Ship Family thread--nothing like a Family Crisis to bring everyone together.

(((((((Hugs to everyone upon hearing the shocking news. )))))))

But it doesn't matter. S/J lives on.

Bucky

Comment

Hiya Folks,

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!
                        ANOTHER AT2 / THANK YOU CARD Reminder!

If you wish for your personal message and signature to appear on the
                        Amanda Tapping THANK YOU poster presentation to Amanda at AT2 (you
                        don't have to be attending to have your message on the card!), please
                        visit the following web link for more information. IT'S EASY!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=43421

Cheers & Hugs,
                        minigeek
                        -> [email protected] <-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Great point Liz.I could be wrong but I have a feeling the Actors want to try something new.10 Years on the same Show is a long time.I would love to see SG-1 continue with Movies.I would support more Seasons only if their are major changes to the cast and direction of the Show.I will not sign up for more of the same like Season 9 and 10.

Comment

hey guys
                            I have bought S1 S4 S8
                            what should i buy next??
                            i honestly cant decide what season after these are the shippiest
                            Out of Mind is one of my faves but what about the other eps for that season??
                            its so hard!
                            also the audio commentary for D&C is quite good, aswell as Entity
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                            http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                            http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

This is the email I sent to scifi:
                              Spoiler:
                              As devoted fan of science fiction I was so happy when Stargate SG-1 came to your channel, it looked like an excellent match but I guess I was wrong. That your channel could take an happy occasion and turn into heart break for millions of fans, has made up my mind that your channel no longer has anything that interest me. I will take my family's annual earning of 100,000+ and give it to, I hope, a new channel which will have the common sense to give SG-1 a new home. You have lost my viewer ship and when the last show of SG-1 goes that will be the last time I view your channel. You have become like your parent company NBC-cold-hearted. But we the viewers do get the last laugh since your parent is the least watched network on TV. I wonder why?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                                I'm sorry if some of us don't look optimistic right now but let's be realistic here. I'm all for emailing and annoying those stupid guys but we have to stay grounded to Earth also. If we get our hopes up too much to see it be crushed afterwards because we saw no resolution or renewal. What if they continue for 11 and we still don't have our ship? I'm all for Stargate continuing but I think it's time for a change. Think about the actors too. They have spent a decade on this show and I think some want to try something else. Sure they would be happy to continue the serie but I think they want to move on a bit. See what they can achieve without the Stargate mania.

I will fight because I'm with you and I have a fighter's mind but I'm going to stay realistic too here.
                                That's all we can do is try!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X