This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir
    Oooo, what's that? It sounds like fun. Can I join?
    Yeah sure! It's something LA started a while ago to try to get lurkers to join the Family. We promise free green, shipper cookies, Sam/Jack shippy pictures, hugs and squees to anyone who delurks and joins the thread!

Operation Delurk: bringing together one shipper at a time!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by ravinia
      oh yes, definitely. I think actually the two questions I mentioned were the only two specifically about ship.

She did say several times that she "had seen Rick recently" and was all giggly about getting to work with him again.

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Good! I'd be giggling too...
      uh... you realize what's being said here? if she'd seen rick recently, that's because of ANOTHER EP HE'S FILMED!

*sighs, with all that super sexy and romantic shippy stuff*

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
        Yeah sure! It's something LA started a while ago to try to get lurkers to join the Family. We promise free green, shipper cookies, Sam/Jack shippy pictures, hugs and squees to anyone who delurks and joins the thread!

Operation Delurk: bringing together one shipper at a time!
        Delurking is fun and you get presents!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          uh... you realize what's being said here? if she'd seen rick recently, that's because of ANOTHER EP HE'S FILMED!
          And she was giggling! Good things make you giggle, right? Maybe shippy things like kissing Jack? Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            I think you summed it up very nicely. My biggest fear is the crash that could happen. I found the thread in S8, around when Threads was aired in the UK. I got so excited and hyper and full of optimism, then really didn't know what to do with myself when M2 didn't fulfill all my dreams. Now I've learned the hard way not to get my hopes up too far, take it as it comes, and really appreciate the good that comes our way.
            i did the 'this is what is going to happen!' thing horribly in seasons 7 and 8. and i think i was my own worst enemy!

i let myself build up my pipe dreams, and then went the show didn't come through with the way *i* thought they should go, i was angry and disappointed. just because logic would tell you how two ppl would react to each other doesn't mean the *show* is going to go that way. and just because *we* the fans see the openings and easy ways to write them doesn't mean the ptb are going to do it.

writing ship in a tv show is a monster all its own, and i've seen one show after another do the same exact type of stalling/hovering/stretching out scenario. it's almost funny in its predictability.

take the show Lost, with the kate/jack ship. the *show* set up from the start for these two to be the ship (just like they did with sam and jack). but what did they do with these two? brought in 'others'. why? to stretch it out. they haven't even made it through two full seasons before falling to the ever dependable 'other'. kate and jack are meant to be together, but we won't *see* that until much further down the line (like the end).

basically, writers are scared to resolve any ship, because they fear the fans will lose interest if they do. BUT, the real (or other) reason is writing a *relationship* is much, MUCH harder than writing the occasional moment and touch. to take from the lyrics of a wonderful shippy song, 'how do you keep the music playing' when the song has been going on a while? 'would' we lose interest if they brought sam and jack together? well, if they just brought them together and then never showed anything else with them, then yes. that would be boring!

here's what i would have done...

in season 4 - sam and jack confess their feelings in 'divide and conquer'. and they take it out of the room. s4 is showing 'the talk' and how will they actually have a relationship.

season 5 - sam and jack ask general hammond if they can try a relay while still being on the team. hammond says yes, but that he's trusting them to be honest with themselves and him that if anything comes up (that they're looking out for each other more than the other members of their team), that they need to either split up their relay or split up the team. s5 deals with just *that* issue.

season 6 - sam and jack deal with daniel's death. it's a strain on their relay. they're still together, but there's a slight distance. s6 would see the distance, but eventual coming together (emotionally) by the end of the season.

season 7 - daniel's back. sam and jack are doing great together. mark, sam's brother, starts pressuring sam to meet his friend pete. sam continues to say no. when pushed, she tells mark she's already involved with someone. mark becomes interested and comes up to see sam and her guy. and then starts pressuring her to tie the knot and have some kids. *this* starts sam wondering what if... jack almost dying in the arctic finally sets sam's mind straight.

season 8 - jack asks sam to marry him. sam says yes. but jack knows he and sam can't be on the same team anymore, so he agrees to transfer to another position. he takes training new recruits at the academy. s8 is sam and jack planning the wedding.

season 9 - sam and jack marry. the entire season is little scenes here and there of their marriage.

season 10 - sam becomes pregnant, even though they'd decided to wait a year or two to start a family. s9 is sam's pregnancy, and the end of the season, sam has a little girl.

there, folks, is how to write an entire relationship, *with evolution of their relay in stages through the ~seasons~*

i'd be interested in hearing others ideas on how you'd write their relay over time.

I read the end of your post and was instantly assaulted by images of Sam & Jack having a battle scar contest. Course, Jack would win it hands down, but it sure would be fun making him show them all
            i'd LOVE to see a scene like this between sam and jack, like from the movie 'lethal weapon'! and i could see amanda and rick absolutely chew the heck out of it.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
              And she was giggling! Good things make you giggle, right? Maybe shippy things like kissing Jack? Maybe?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Oooo, Sally, really great plan. Can we redo the show now?

I especally like your season 6. Sam and Jack really get a slap in the face with Daniel's death and seriously start dealing with issues of letting themselves care so much for each other when either could be wisked away in a blink. Or considering getting completely out of the game and moving on with themselves. Or, or, ooooo I love these kind of shows! Don't get me wrong, I love the travelling and all the scifi goobly-gock too. I just like the regular characters to be more than superficial at the same time.

Excellent post Sally!!! *sniff* I can't green you right now, but I will ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketgal
                  Loved it!
                  Nothing like some good S&J fanfic before going to bed!
                  Thanks!
                  I can't green ya yet,
                  but here's a pic to go with your #4 scenario
                  Thanks for reading my ff and thanks for the GREAT pic! It's awesome! If anyone else is interested in my Hints to the Powers That Be here's the link again: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2539486/1/

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    'would' we lose interest if they brought sam and jack together?
                    Not getting them together makes us lose interest. If they did finally get their acts together, we wouldn't get to see every second of their relationship like we would if RDA was a regular. We'd get glimpses, and that would make me want to watch...to see what pops up from time to time.

RDA's not even on the show anymore...what can some ship hurt? They can make us happy and not alienate non-shippers because they wouldn't have to worry about ship being a constant theme of the show like they fear.

I, for one, would never lose interest. AT and RDA have such chemistry! They could pull it off.

Comment

Hi Shippers, sorry as always for not being around.... and as for Shore Leaves goes, I have some tiny scoop....

Amanda did not speak much about the 200, she did say that she could be fired but did tell, that we would all love it....
                      Spoiler:
                      There there is something for both sides of the coin to be happy

What I was suprised the most was that the 2 shippy questions that where asked came both from MALE!!!!!!! fans.....

One I remember and it was if the series was to end, could you please have O'Neill and Carter at least be engaged or something that was great!!!!! and she said that why engaged... she wanted all the way, the wedding, the honeymoon..... for the other one I'm going to need help from my fellow shippers... I have bad memory

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                        LOVE that last chapter Its exactly what I was hoping for Funnily enough, the thing I liked best was that you had Jack and Mitchell interacting so well it felt that all 5 of them were SG-1 together. I hope tptb manage to convey that cohesiveness in 200.

I'm not making much sense here, but I hope you understand what I mean

Got any ideas for the S10 opener??

Just need to find time to read the rest now

And as promised, cookies for you

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread. (Or in this case, the absence of ship in S9)

Lime Shipper Cookies - gives the illusion of Shipper Greatness. They allow the Shipper to dream really BIG!!!!!!

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

*deliriously happy and singing* The wedding will happen!!!

*oma is seriously eating too many of Nana's cookies*
                        Thanks for reading my stuff!! I suspect that after I see the season opener on Friday I will come up with an episode tag for what TPTB SHOULD have put in the episode.....we'll see.

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

Hi shippers, quick question: are we allowed to leave the pictures in "quote posts" or do we have to remove the image tags? It's just that loads of people seem to do it here and in the Samanda thread but I only seem to get told off for not taking the tags off in the RDA thunk thread. Is that just a consensus in that thread or is it supposed to be a GW thing? BTW, I'm not having a rant at anyone for doing it or correcting me on it I just wondered.

Comment

Hi shippers, quick question: are we allowed to leave the pictures in "quote posts" or do we have to remove the image tags? It's just that loads of people seem to do it here and in the Samanda thread but I only seem to get told off for not taking the tags off in the RDA thunk thread. Is that just a consensus in that thread or is it supposed to be a GW thing? BTW, I'm not having a rant at anyone for doing it or correcting me on it I just wondered.
                            Amber, I believe the rule is you have to take the {IMG} out...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

I know they do it in the thunk threads because they post so many pictures. I don't think they really like you to quote pics a lot on any thread because some people are on dial-up and it takes forever to load....not entirely sure about all this though. Sky over at Samanda could tell you.

Comment

Thanks Lol4Jack and LA! Ya know, I've only been coming here since this forum was on the Delphi server, jeez, you'd think I'd have received all of the memos by now! "I'm not getting all my memos!"

Comment

Working...
                                X