This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir
    Egads, please don't think I'm thinking the problem is with RDA. I don't think that. I thoroughly trust the acting ability of RDA with regard to S/J ship (and everything else). What I don't trust is the writing and directing abilities of certain individuals. If the writing is garbage (with respect to S/J ship), no director can save it. If the writing is positive S/J ship, an anti-ship director can turn it into garbage too.

It's late and I'm tired. I hope that makes sense.
    Absolutely! I get it, and I agree! I didn't think you were implying that. But others have, and I just have to disagree that he was less than professional!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      JM just answered my question regarding any Sam and Jack Ship in the 2nd half of Season 9.No Sam/Jack ship in season 9. Sorry.I guess that means I will not watch the rest of Season 9.I'll check back with everyone in Season 10 or if we hear there will be a Movie.
      Wait a minute! Not even a one-sided phone call? Not even a, "Not exactly?" Not ANYTHING?????? They promised us "a few phone calls, etc." And there would be no trouble doing a one-sided call. Why wouldn't they do that after saying they would???????
      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 24 October 2005, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I'm not talking to TPTB at the moment, and s10 is of no interest to me...while S/J has never been the sole reason for me to watch, all of the other elements that kept me tuned in are gone...you know...I think SG1 was on tonight and it completely slipped my mind...not last year...last year I was giddy with excitement for every new episode.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          Yep, I agree, he did say Sorry and not only that, he wrote The Powers That Bind and gaves us one of the best Squeeeee moments in Stargate History and also told us in advance to check it out...

Regarding the rest of Season 9, well, we are here, we have the ship thread, we have fanfics, we have recepies for love.... we have videos, manips... and we have many SG-1 Seasons behind for pics, moments and love to keep the Ship live, because we do know that Sam and Jack ARE together and that is something that we never had before.
          Originally posted by Queen Eleta
          And he DIDN'T say, "What ship? We wrapped all that up last season. There is no ship anymore."
          Good points, both of you! JM can, and HAS, been less gracious in the past, so I guess we should take some comfort from that. But I can't beliee we won't get SOME little hint like they've already given us.....unless they feel that holding on to S/J is keeping us from accepting CM.....

Don't they understand that resolving S/J happily would make us more open to accepting CM and the other changes?

We just can't give up, folks. I'm reminded that Star Trek was a dead TV series that lasted only three years.....but fans (and Gene Roddenberry) kept the dream alive and wouldn't let it die.....and look at all the great sci fi we got because of that determination. We just can't let the Sam/Jack ship die without a proper resolution!!!!!
          Originally posted by STARGATE7777
          Please believe that your opinions do count. I have heard many times in commentaries and read in many interviews and articles where TPTB and actors have talked about online opinions and forums. Right or wrong they are aware of what people want and hope to happen. Without the fans they wouldn't have advertising dollars. Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil, so why not keep requesting, asking, begging, whatever, for Sam and Jack. It worked for Daniel fans. Why not us?
          Hi, STARGATE7777! Couldn't green ya, but I think we're on the same page! Stay strong, shippers! As trupi also said, it ain't over til it's over!

(Sorry to fly-by post several.....but gotta go out this evening, so I had to catch up fast!)
          Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 24 October 2005, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Wait a minute! Not even a one-sided phone call? Not even a, "Not exactly?" Not ANYTHING?????? They promised us "a few phone calls, etc."
            About that... Who "promised" these phone calls? JM himself or the rumor mill? I missed how that all started but I've been reading about over and over. If JM said it, then I'm upset too, but if it's just rumor, then meh let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
              About that... Who "promised" these phone calls? JM himself or the rumor mill? I missed how that all started but I've been reading about over and over. If JM said it, then I'm upset too, but if it's just rumor, then meh let it go.
              Amanda.....at Comic Con.....and Robert C. Cooper was sitting at the table when she said it. And she looked to him for approval before she did!

Oh, yeah.....and by the way:

R is for RST (Resolved Sexual Tension): What we want to see between Sam & Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Amanda.....at Comic Con.....and Robert C. Cooper was sitting at the table when she said it. And she looked to him for approval before she did!
                Ah, that explains it. Meh, let it go.

Comment

Fly by post re: S10
                  I'm delighted Atlantis is gonna keep going.... SG1 I'm not too sure about. I love the show to bits, I do. So far I'm liking S9 too, but only because I'm treating it like another spin-off rather than a new series.
                  At the moment, I'll look optimistically for S10 - another chance to resolve the ship (what? It's going to happen!! Really!!) and to set themselves up (hopefully) for the film. And with a bit of luck they'll bring back Jonas for a couple of eps (that's even less likely than our resolution, isn't it? Oh well...optimism )

Comment

I'am not sure if JM meant no Sam and Jack onscreen or no Sam and Jack Ship of any kind.I also cannot understand why they cannot give us one sided phone calls and have Sam Daniel and Teal'c talk about Jack.TPTB have made it clear right now how little they think of the Shippers.So I will show how little I think of them by not watching there Show.Unless RDA is in the episode or until TPTB stop acting like Jack was never part of SG-1.Season 10 means nothings to me unless things change big time.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      I'am not sure if JM meant no Sam and Jack onscreen or no Sam and Jack Ship of any kind.I also cannot understand why they cannot give us one sided phone calls and have Sam Daniel and Teal'c talk about Jack.TPTB have made it clear right now how little they think of the Shippers.So I will show how little I think of them by not watching there Show.Unless RDA is in the episode or until TPTB stop acting like Jack was never part of SG-1.Season 10 means nothings to me unless things change big time.
                      WELL SAID
                      Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        I'm not talking to TPTB at the moment, and s10 is of no interest to me...while S/J has never been the sole reason for me to watch, all of the other elements that kept me tuned in are gone...you know...I think SG1 was on tonight and it completely slipped my mind...not last year...last year I was giddy with excitement for every new episode.
                        I agree, suekay, and was sooooo disappointed when I read about the S10 renewal news. As far as I'm concerned, that's the worst thing that could have happened to the show. What good is it to be the longest running show if the last two years are absolute rubbish.

It all comes down to greed, I guess. Blood from a stone and all that. I'm with you, though. I'm done with it. Fanfic, yes. DVD's and repeats of S1-7, yes. Beyond that, forget it.
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Being Canadian I have learned to be optimistic. I mean, we spend 6 months of the year buried under snow and the other 6 months denying the existance of winter. ..BUT...I cannot fathom why they have not given any details about Jack. I mean, this is totally outside of the whole Sam and Jack storyline. It is one thing to ignore the "relationship" but to act as though Jack never existed? Have we all morphed into an alternate universe? Maybe that would explain Vala. And season 10? It just gets better and better. Remember when the fans only had Jack and Sam to complain about. Oh, the good ole days!

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                            Being Canadian I have learned to be optimistic. I mean, we spend 6 months of the year buried under snow and the other 6 months denying the existance of winter. ..BUT...I cannot fathom why they have not given any details about Jack. I mean, this is totally outside of the whole Sam and Jack storyline. It is one thing to ignore the "relationship" but to act as though Jack never existed? Have we all morphed into an alternate universe? Maybe that would explain Vala. And season 10? It just gets better and better. Remember when the fans only had Jack and Sam to complain about. Oh, the good ole days!
                            I'm American so I have no idea how being Canadian would teach you to be optimistic, but I totally agree with you, and with what ses110 said when she said this: "Season 10 means nothings to me unless things change big time." ses110, I couldn't have said it better myself. I'll try and green ya in a minute here.

I know you can't compare a current season to the show's first season, but I keep thinking back to season one and all my other favorite episodes and I wonder, "How could something so good get ruined in, what, four or five episodes? Or however many episodes we've had for S9."

I like "Window of Opportunity", "The Broca Divide", "Solitudes", "1969", and "Hathor" best
                            - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                            Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                              I'm American so I have no idea how being Canadian would teach you to be optimistic
                              It's a penguin thing. We have to huddle together for heat. Sam and Jack should take a trip up here some time.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

A pictorial essay. Just because....

Thanks to Galaxy for the cap!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X