• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack:Whatcha reading Sam?
    Sam: Ah - A Sam and Jack Fanfic, Sir!
    Jack: What's that!
    Sam: Ah~~Ah it's ah~~it's Ah~~
    Jack: Comon Carter spit it out!
    Sam: It's stories on how we become....Ah..how it happen... where it happen....Ah...how many times it happen!
    Jack: What happen, Carter!
    Sam: US!
    Jack: Oh--move over!
    Sam: Why!
    Jack: Well if we're in the story, I want to know how it happens....how many times it happen.....if there are any problem..Ah.... as it happens.
    Sam: Men!
    Thanks for the pic Sg-1fanintn
    sigpic

Comment

Hi guys I was just wondering if any of you are going to the Amanda Tapping thing in London next week? If you are could u please e-mail me coz I'd like to meet up with you; I don't know ne1 else who's going! Thanks!

My e-mail: [email protected]
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
        Hi guys I was just wondering if any of you are going to the Amanda Tapping thing in London next week? If you are could u please e-mail me coz I'd like to meet up with you; I don't know ne1 else who's going! Thanks!

My e-mail: [email protected]
        There's a thread here where you'll find a lot of people going to that event. There's even a dinner planned after GABIT so that GWers can meet. I'm sure you'll have fun meeting Amanda and other GWers !
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          I fall asleep and Jack and Sam are on the third page- never! Sorry Ursir wasn't ignoring you just very tired-crazy week at work and I have to work Sunday-Yek!
          It's okay, I understand.

Well, there ain't no way I can read all I've missed. I tried for a while last night and barely made a dent. So I'll just ask if anyone can tell me if I've missed anything notable.

This thread is incredibly quiet now. Have things gotten that bad with the SG-1 news? I suppose we all have RL to blame. I do; I'm supposed to be working right now.

My biggest question is completely off-topic. Did Oma have no6 yet?

Hmmm, on-topic shipper stuff, um, any news about a new season for SG-1? I last read they haven't been upped yet. As for me, that's good news when you tie it to the movie news. I think the movie stands a real good chance of happening if there isn't a pesky television series to keep getting in the way. And the potential for shipper goodies is far better in a movie than on, gag, Sci-Fi channel.

Comment

I think the problem is the lack of Sam and Jack this Season and the quality of the episodes has gotten many Shippers down.I was Happy for a couple of Days about the possible Movie News.It just takes too long before we hear an Offical word on these things it's hard to keep the good feelings going.IMO TPTB should have went right to work on Movies for SG-1 after Season 8 and not made a Season 9.I still cannot believe X-Files continued without DD and SG-1 continued without RDA.Unless RDA makes a couple of appreances on SG-1 or there is an SG-1 Movie with RDA I'am pretty much done as far as watching SG-1 every week.Unless I hear there is some type of Sam and Jack Ship in a Season 9 episode then I'll watch that episode.There's just nothing much left for me on this Show.Watching a TV Show should be fun.IMO most of the Fun is gone from SG-1.

Comment

Hi there family! *waves manically*

Sorry I haven't been able to come out to play much recently, RL is happening BIG time at the moment and is gonna keep me away from here for at least another two weeks but I will try and make the odd cheeky escape and pop in here whenever I can!!

Just ordered S7 boxset to cheer me up!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                It's okay, I understand.

Well, there ain't no way I can read all I've missed. I tried for a while last night and barely made a dent. So I'll just ask if anyone can tell me if I've missed anything notable.

This thread is incredibly quiet now. Have things gotten that bad with the SG-1 news? I suppose we all have RL to blame. I do; I'm supposed to be working right now.

My biggest question is completely off-topic. Did Oma have no6 yet?

Hmmm, on-topic shipper stuff, um, any news about a new season for SG-1? I last read they haven't been upped yet. As for me, that's good news when you tie it to the movie news. I think the movie stands a real good chance of happening if there isn't a pesky television series to keep getting in the way. And the potential for shipper goodies is far better in a movie than on, gag, Sci-Fi channel.
                I don't think Oma had #6 yet but had said she is busy with the her other kids with school etc. and wouldn't have that much time to spend on the thread. As far as SG-1 being renewed, we have not heard anything as yet. I hope news about the movie comes out soon because IMO we have hit bottom as far the show. When I don't care if I see the show or not and when I do watch it and fall asleep during it, there is a problem! But I wish the family would stick together because this is the best thing that came out of the show: the friendships and the support each of the family members show each other, is the greatest! Plus is just fun talking to you guys from all over the world!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  After all that talk about Amanda winning the Leo, gatebee pointed out we really should include information about RDA, or rather Jack O'Neill winning the Spacey Award this year!

So here's a link to the video clip of RDA giving a very, very, VERY long acceptance speech...

http://rdanderson.com/updates/images/spacey05.wmv

And here are some screen caps:

I was looking out some post backs and started laughing over this one! Thanks Uber!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    He
                    Spoiler:
                    abruptly dismisses her, then acts like she is not standing in front of him by rattling some papers.The Daniel fans think that Jack dismissed Sam because she was being too insensitive to Jack's feelings about Daniel. I think he dismissed her because the conversation turned from business to personal and Jack was trying to keep his distance from her.
                    I actually thought it was a bit of both
                    Spoiler:
                    I think you're right, Jack did feel it was getting a bit personal, and he wasn't comfortable being that close to her with all that was going on in their personal lives at the time. But I also think he was very worried about Daniel, and he really didn't want to get emotional about it - he's always kept his emotions hidden from people, since day one. He did come across a bit rude to her though...

Comment

Hi ShipperTown!! Could someone do me a BIG favor and post the Shipper cookie descriptions again? Thanks.
                      sig by PM

Comment

I found somwthing really interesting on a site that has a number of articles on RDA written various seasons on Stargate. This is a quote from a season 3 article. To me, it shows that the Sam and Jack relationship has always been planned and was meant to be an important part of the show. It also shows that TPTB ARE aware of fan opinions and so what we say does make a difference. Here is the quote. "Anderson considers O'Neill's relationships with the other male characters to be fairly straightforward, but hints that something deeper may eventually develop between the colonel and Captain Carter. ""As for Carter and O'Neill, the writers constantly scan the Internet and they know the audience has a yearning to see some sexual attraction between these two characters, but at this time we believe that's too obvious a choice," explains Anderson. "We're not saying that things aren't going to go somewhere, what we are saying is that it would be a mistake to jump into this situation right now.
                        "We shot an episode back in the middle of April that's set in an alternate reality and our O'Neill has to relate to an alternate version of Carter. So we deal with that dichotomy and the emotional dilemma O'Neill must go through because he's never really thought of Carter in sexual terms. Obviously, we'll have to face it eventually but for now it's just a matter of laying the groundwork and dropping the breadcrumbs along the trail for the audience to find. Jonathan Glassner and Brad Wright both want to be cautious about approaching it but they pay attention to the viewers, and that's not a sales pitch. So we'll just have to be patient and see what happens." ...Obviously we'll have to face it eventually...?What do you think?

Comment

Hey all!

bogged down with coursework, so I'm not going to be around much...if there's any news from Oma about her baby, please email me!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                            I found somwthing really interesting on a site that has a number of articles on RDA written various seasons on Stargate. This is a quote from a season 3 article. To me, it shows that the Sam and Jack relationship has always been planned and was meant to be an important part of the show. It also shows that TPTB ARE aware of fan opinions and so what we say does make a difference. Here is the quote. "Anderson considers O'Neill's relationships with the other male characters to be fairly straightforward, but hints that something deeper may eventually develop between the colonel and Captain Carter. ""As for Carter and O'Neill, the writers constantly scan the Internet and they know the audience has a yearning to see some sexual attraction between these two characters, but at this time we believe that's too obvious a choice," explains Anderson. "We're not saying that things aren't going to go somewhere, what we are saying is that it would be a mistake to jump into this situation right now.
                            "We shot an episode back in the middle of April that's set in an alternate reality and our O'Neill has to relate to an alternate version of Carter. So we deal with that dichotomy and the emotional dilemma O'Neill must go through because he's never really thought of Carter in sexual terms. Obviously, we'll have to face it eventually but for now it's just a matter of laying the groundwork and dropping the breadcrumbs along the trail for the audience to find. Jonathan Glassner and Brad Wright both want to be cautious about approaching it but they pay attention to the viewers, and that's not a sales pitch. So we'll just have to be patient and see what happens." ...Obviously we'll have to face it eventually...?What do you think?
                            thats very interesting, i had always thought that brad wright intended it to be clear from the beginning that there was an attraction between them. i guess up until season 3 they were just playing all their cards and keeping their options open. i'm glad they decided to develop it though. and i don't think it was too obvious a choice, the only reason it was an obvious choice is because it was the right one. and i hope they see it that way now too.

Comment

Someone said a few days back that Ted Sadler has a new story. Anyone know where to find it?

On the subject of fanfiction, I was wondering if shippers' preferences have changed since "Threads" and "Not exactly" and the lack of Jack in S9. Would you rather read post Threads and S9 shippy fic or are you still interested in fic that gets them together in anyway possible, but earlier in the show? (how about being stuck on a planet, lots of those!)

I myself turn to the post Threads and S9 fic first and love to see how different writers handle how (1) Jack finds out about the Pete breakup (2) Sam finds out that Kerry is bye-bye(3) how they handle the separation by miles. And so forth.
                              On these subjects I'm following Su Freund's "Conversation" and "Never Alone" series: www.ficwithfins.com/

Then I read any other new stories about Sam/Jack and finally search out older ones I haven't read plus sometimes rereading favorites. One place to find longer ones is The Stargate Novel Archive, www.shahrazad.net/~sgnovels/index.html (not all Sam/Jack like the Samand Jack.net site, for instance). In spite of my order of reading I'd say my interest is about equal, though some older stories have a secure place in my heart that newer ones haven't reached. Must admit I sometime read into an older story quite I bit before I remember I've read it!! And I never read Sam/Daniel, Jack/Janet and the like. It's okay if our favorites start out with "other" they must not stay with them for my taste.

Comment

Hi Shippers!
                                Just a fly by post to say hi! And thanks to STARGATE7777 for posting that quote! Its very interesting....'Obviously we will have to face it eventually'

(((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Working...
                                X