This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Could it perhaps be interesting to hold this up against Grace and Threads too in terms of looking at Sam and Jack's relationship through the theme of fear of loss? In Grace it's Sam's fear of losing Jack almost that causes her to push him away too, and then in Threads both of them have a moment of realisation that they've nearly lost the other and that time, finally, it's enough to make them realise that being afraid of losing each other is actually the one thing most likely to cause that to happen.
    The macaroni is boiling, so I have a minute

As for the bolded bits, well said. I agree completely. Plus, not only does Jack over come his fear of losing Sam in Threads, but I think seeing her like that on his deck, in pain because he's done nothing, makes him realize that, in trying to protect her, he's probably done her more harm.

And, as recently discussed, Entity also explains in part why, even together, even when the regs no longer apply, in uniform and at work Sam and Jack would maintain their professionalism so rigourously. That danger from a relationship - of the enemy finding and exploiting it - is still very real.

Comment

It was 7300!

Congrats on 7300 everyone!!!
      sigpic

Comment

So, is this what y'all mean by 'confirmation'?

X-files OT:
        Spoiler:
        What about that BIG HONKIN KISS between Mulder and Skully!!!!!

Plus, 'I got a little something that will help you sleep.' You naughty boy, Fox.

Great movie. I didn't realize how much I missed X-Files until I just saw the movie. I don't have the DVDs and haven't seen the show since it was on TV. I may have to go shopping

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          The macaroni is boiling, so I have a minute

As for the bolded bits, well said. I agree completely. Plus, not only does Jack over come his fear of losing Sam in Threads, but I think seeing her like that on his deck, in pain because he's done nothing, makes him realize that, in trying to protect her, he's probably done her more harm.

And, as recently discussed, Entity also explains in part why, even together, even when the regs no longer apply, in uniform and at work Sam and Jack would maintain their professionalism so rigourously. That danger from a relationship - of the enemy finding and exploiting it - is still very real.
          Absolutely And they've spent too many years being perfect professionals around one another to not be able to continue to behave like that now they are together (because they are ). In fact, it probably makes it easier... no pesky UST in the way
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

WooHoo!!

Popping in from frantic, last minute wedding preps to say that I just got an email saying that my Continuum DVD has shipped.

Wahoo!

Pol
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Continuum:
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Absolutely And they've spent too many years being perfect professionals around one another to not be able to continue to behave like that now they are together (because they are ). In fact, it probably makes it easier... no pesky UST in the way
              Yup. Exactly.

And, speaking of together now, and Entity and how people tend to go to Sam to get Jack to do something...

One of the bits from Continuum that really amuses me is when they're discussing at the Extraction Ceremony whether there could be another Ba'al, and Jack is starting to get upset, directed at Cam, that he might have gone through the whole ceremony for nothing. And without turning to look at Sam or Jack, Mitchell says, "Carter."

And she turns to Jack and launches into an explanation. Which works (of course) and Jack shuts up. As Mitchell obviously knew it would. The funniest thing being, really, Cam is obviously by this point more at ease around Jack than around Landry, even understanding how to 'control' him, indicating despite our not having seen it that Jack must have been hanging out around the rest of SG-1 quite a bit.

Comment

Continuum:
                Spoiler:
                Yup. Exactly.

And, speaking of together now, and Entity and how people tend to go to Sam to get Jack to do something...

One of the bits from Continuum that really amuses me is when they're discussing at the Extraction Ceremony whether there could be another Ba'al, and Jack is starting to get upset, directed at Cam, that he might have gone through the whole ceremony for nothing. And without turning to look at Sam or Jack, Mitchell says, "Carter."

And she turns to Jack and launches into an explanation. Which works (of course) and Jack shuts up. As Mitchell obviously knew it would. The funniest thing being, really, Cam is obviously by this point more at ease around Jack than around Landry, even understanding how to 'control' him, indicating despite our not having seen it that Jack must have been hanging out around the rest of SG-1 quite a bit.
                Haha, I have clearly totally given up on any notion of avoiding Continuum spoilers...

Spoiler:
                That's mighty interesting indeed I like your way of thinking
                *sigh* Can't wait to see for myself
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Continuum:
                  Spoiler:
                  Yup. Exactly.

I love that moment.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Continuum:
                    Spoiler:
                    Yup. Exactly.

Continuum spoilers:
                    Spoiler:
                    I took that as being disrespectful when Cam turns and says Carter. O'Neill was asking him directly and Cam should have said "General, Colonel Carter can answer that better then I" or something like that and not putting on that annoyed face like the General's question was dumb and passing the buck to Carter.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      WooHoo!!

Popping in from frantic, last minute wedding preps to say that I just got an email saying that my Continuum DVD has shipped.

Wahoo!

Pol

Awww, wedding-wedding! Love weddinggs! Good luck with preps

Off to bed now
                      Night shippers (((((family)))))
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                        I absolutely love the fact that Hammond knows...and he actually doesn't care because of the fact that he knows that Sam/Jack would never do anything against the regs - but he knows that their feelings exist and is very sympathetic and compassionate.
                        Hammond.....*sob*.....

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                        It was 7300!

Congrats on 7300 everyone!!!
                        SWOOT!!!!! GO US!!!!!

Comment

*hello ship family*
                          *waves madly*

I caught the end of 'Serpent's Lair' on Sky earlier (well if it's on you kinda get hooked in). Anyway has anyone else noticed that when the camera pulls back right at the end that Jack is giving Sam a mega-hug! Well at least it looks like it anyway.

Anyone?

Comment

Continuum:
                            Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by trupi View Post
                            I took that as being disrespectful when Cam turns and says Carter. O'Neill was asking him directly and Cam should have said "General, Colonel Carter can answer that better then I" or something like that and not putting on that annoyed face like the General's question was dumb and passing the buck to Carter.
                            Only I don't think any of the others knew exactly how it was possible, either, cause I think they were listening to Sam's explanation too. Jack was just the only one having an overt emotional reaction to it... Because I suspect, despite his cavalier attitude, Jack was actually fairlly emotionally charged over Ba'al's extraction, and Sam's explanation was as much to calm him as to explain what was happening. I get this, btw, from Jack's almost overplaying "Calm" and Sam's moments of obvious tenseness, almost as if she's emotionally hovering.

But... shippy glasses. Either way, it certainly does show Cam is more comfortable - maybe even too comfortable as you've suggested - around Jack, indicating they've been around each other more often than we've seen onscreen and probably in more casual settings.

Plus, really, it's easy to forget that the rank of Colonel is fairly close relatively to the rank of general, and remember how Jack would often treat Hammond?

Comment

Originally posted by babancat View Post
                              *hello ship family*
                              *waves madly*

I caught the end of 'Serpent's Lair' on Sky earlier (well if it's on you kinda get hooked in). Anyway has anyone else noticed that when the camera pulls back right at the end that Jack is giving Sam a mega-hug! Well at least it looks like it anyway.

Anyone?
                              Oh, yeah. Much squeeing there has been around here over that. So, if you'd like to add yours, we'll understand

Though, really, despite what some think, don't you think Jack would rather hug Sam than Daniel?

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                WooHoo!!

Wahoo!

Pol
                                *stamps foot* I haven't had my e-mail yet

Hope you have a wonderful day Pol

Comment

Working...
                                X