This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scythe View Post
    Anyone have any ideas of what I could make?

Also, do you know where I can find high quality pictures? I found a screen cap site, but they're not brilliant resolution.
    Did you try the Jackfic.net gallery?

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
      Wendy!!! My sweet Wendy!!! I'm glad you're getting better! Ummm...couldn't you write a fic? You're very good at that, you know...if you feel up to it and all! Love you! We've missed you!!!
      Hi hon! Thank you, I'm relieved I'm starting to get better too. Was worried I'd be stuck but thankfully not. I could do a fic... I'd need to see about trying to revive any plot bunnies that might still exist in my brain first LOL. I love you all toooooo. I've missed coming on here, and I've realised that I miss you all more than I miss the show!
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Question - why penguins?
        The history of the shipper penguin
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          Aw cute Thanks for the link!

Who made your smilies here? Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            OK cool, thanks! That'll save me the incredible hardship of looking through my many many S/J pics...

You know... sometimes it is a hardship! Seriously! You want one or two pictures.... and you are off to search and then next thing you know it's 4 hours later and people are yelling at you for food, or water, or whatever else is inside their little children sized brains

Hi everyone!

I heard about your ship day from a message over on a Jack/Sam community over on Live Journal and thought that I would stop by and sign up!
            WELCOME!!

How very cool!

I'm actually a graphic/website designer lol so that's a yes to that - I could definitely make something if there's still time!
            Whoo hoo! I can't WAIT to see what you can come up with!

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            I admit I already miss posting caps...
            Then why don't you pick your top 3 from each season? (I miss it too. )

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
            Oooh. The Entity discussion is just going to be a wee bit too early in the day for me.

If anyone's interested, Mara and I were planning a second viewing around 9pm US EDT/11am Sunday Victoria time...which is in about 12 hours and 40 minutes or so.

Lots of Entity goodness planned for the day!!!

Or...should that be Entity angst????

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...era/cap640.jpg
            But isn't that goodness?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            Sweet!! I didn't know that!
            Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
            You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Hi

So Day Six...Year Six in my fic and only two days to go before Ship Day!!

Year Six

I know fanfic.net is having some server issues at the mo. If you hit the refresh button when it brings up a blank page, it will (eventually) return the page fully (just be patient!)

Off to see if I can catch up on the thread!
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                WELCOME TO THE THREAD SCYTHE!!!

Have fun here! Great to have among us a website decigher. Maybe you could join to our Art Thread? I wouldn't be some time in the next month here so Happy Bithday for the next month!

Someone asked for picspam... and as i promised to Josiane... ear thing (if you want more just ask me )

heehee....since it looks like Sam has a ticked off look on her face in the second pic (URL bolded):

Teal'c: It would appear that Colonel Carter is most upset. And I can safely surmise that it has something to do with your anniversary yesterday.

Jack: Anniversary?!?!?! That was yesterday?!?!?!?! Aw crap!!!!! Gosh Sam I'm so so so so so so so so sorry Sam.

Sam: You're gonna have to do better than that. A LOT better.

*Jack gets determined look on his face*

Jack: Well, I'm going home. To Purgatory it seems.

Sam (still PO'ed): Just don't forget where we live.

Jack: Guess I deserved that.....*sulks off to home*

Teal'c: Major Carter, were you not unduly harsh with General O'Neill?

Sam: No!

*Teal'c wisely decides not to pursue the issue any further, knowing that the temperament of most Tau'ri women can be most volatile at times*

*Later that same day*

Sam: Jack, I'm home!!
                Jack: Welcome back honey!!!! Have a nice day at work?
                Sam (still hasn't forgotten that Jack forgot their anniversary): Yes
                Jack: Ah. Sam, I meant what I said earlier today. I forgot our anniversary. I'm so sorry. Come around back. I've got a surprise for you.

*Jack leads Sam out back. Sam gasps in astonishment*

Sam: Jack....is that....my bike?!?!?!
                Jack: Yep. I fixed it and restored it to near original condition myself. It's rideable again.
                Sam: Oh my gosh!!!!!! This is so wonderful. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!

*Sam grabs Jack and kisses him ferociously, making them both hot under the collar, so to speak*

Jack (breathing heavily from that kiss): So I take it this means I'm forgiven?

Sam (sighs): Yes. You're forgiven. You're incorrigible, you know that?

Jack (smirks): Yup. I also have a reservation for the 2 of us at Mama Collucci's, the best Italian restaurant in town. And.....*takes Sam to bedroom where he has another surprise for her.....not the kind you're thinking of get your minds outta the gutter FCOL!!!!!*......I also got you a dozen red roses all nicely arranged in this vase and a pound of Godiva dark chocolate, your favorite.

Sam: Oh gosh Jack I love you so much!!!!!!! Next time try to remember to do this on our annniversary date and not after, OK?

Jack: I love you too. And I promise......every calendar will have this date marked in red from now on....I'll even contact Thor and see if any of his nifty devices can indelibly etch it into my memory.

*Jack and Sam hug and kiss some more before going out to dinner*

The End....

yup.....that was my fluff contribution for ship day....hope it's worthy of Brooke's praise....

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                  Hi hon! Thank you, I'm relieved I'm starting to get better too. Was worried I'd be stuck but thankfully not. I could do a fic... I'd need to see about trying to revive any plot bunnies that might still exist in my brain first LOL. I love you all toooooo. I've missed coming on here, and I've realised that I miss you all more than I miss the show!
                  WENDY!!!!!!!!!!

*crash tackle squishy bear huggles, then picks her up and spins her around*

WE'VE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    It's there! Kinda... I just need to find some good ear thing pics to illustrate it - realised that's a case where pictures really do say more than words
                    I'm confused. What is meant by "ear thing pics"???? Is there an example?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Ear...neck...whatever the obsession, I'm just glad that they like to look at each other at random moments in any given episode.
                      Last edited by JackandSamAddict; 26 July 2008, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        There was a discussion a while ago about the "ear" v. "neck" looks between Sam and Jack. Black Kitty and I said they are definatly ear looks. Like this:

Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                        You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas of what I could make?

Also, do you know where I can find high quality pictures? I found a screen cap site, but they're not brilliant resolution.
                          I see a few screencap sites mentioned here, but have you tried www.gateworld.net/gallery/index.php. It was just started recently.

Comment

So, there does seem to be a lot of positive comments flowing around from TPTB lately.

Joe's unequivocal confirmation he meant Sam was married to Jack in the AU where she had lived for a time with Martouf. Brad's comment on how if people wanted to see Sam and Jack together that was OK...mentions of a possible romantic scene in a third movie...

I think a third and, potentially, fourth movie does provide them with some options in terms of Sam/Jack.

While in general TV shows like to keep the will they/won't they to keep people tuning in week on week, movies are a whole different ball game.

They know people buy a movie based on a TV show because they want to see the continuing story of the characters; what happens to them, where they go next as well as a really great adventure.

I think TPTB know the Sam/Jack storyline was one that in general resonated with the audience; that is still a big draw; that RDA is a huge draw for a lot of the core franchise fandom.

I think the first two movies needed to prove the economic viability of the SG1 franchise. I think they're probably more confident now that's been proven to a large degree. It gives them more leverage to tell the stories they want to tell...rather than just staying safe.

So, I'm going to look forward to a third movie but I'm still keeping my feet firmly fixed on the ground. Until I see with my own eyes a non-Au, non-robot, non-AT, non-alien-possession, real confirmation between our Sam and Jack. Then I may even squee.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                              So, there does seem to be a lot of positive comments flowing around from TPTB lately.

Joe's unequivocal confirmation he meant Sam was married to Jack in the AU where she had lived for a time with Martouf. Brad's comment on how if people wanted to see Sam and Jack together that was OK...mentions of a possible romantic scene in a third movie...

I think a third and, potentially, fourth movie does provide them with some options in terms of Sam/Jack.

While in general TV shows like to keep the will they/won't they to keep people tuning in week on week, movies are a whole different ball game.

They know people buy a movie based on a TV show because they want to see the continuing story of the characters; what happens to them, where they go next as well as a really great adventure.

I think TPTB know the Sam/Jack storyline was one that in general resonated with the audience; that is still a big draw; that RDA is a huge draw for a lot of the core franchise fandom.

I think the first two movies needed to prove the economic viability of the SG1 franchise. I think they're probably more confident now that's been proven to a large degree. It gives them more leverage to tell the stories they want to tell...rather than just staying safe.

So, I'm going to look forward to a third movie but I'm still keeping my feet firmly fixed on the ground. Until I see with my own eyes a non-Au, non-robot, non-AT, non-alien-possession, real confirmation between our Sam and Jack. Then I may even squee.
                              I've still not seen the second movie, and I've been living with my head in the sand for quite a few months, so the very idea of a third and fourth movie is making me excited. I've now got to know how you know this. Is it on here somewhere?

And I like to think we've had hints at a confirmation already, and that's fine for me imho, simply because it works. However, if there was to be a huge scene about it I'd squee all the same. Loudly.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

So, I have been staying away because of the spoilers on Continuum and SGA - it's so hard not getting spoiled but I am determined that I will see the movie and SGA S5 without knowing huge amounts and bringing back that element of 'OMG no!' magic to watching. I know you're all making an effort to put anything related in spoilers so many thanks.

I also wanted to say a big 'well done' to all those in MOP. The amount of effort that has gone into all the graphics, postcards, gifts to TPTB - all of it is really fabulous. You've kept the campaign friendly and fun; who could resist you?

Finally, welcome to the newbies and putting my 'Mom' hat one - any talk of downloading is frowned upon in the forums...if you do it, fine, just don't talk about it and you may want to think about going back and editing or deleting any posts where you have.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X