This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    Uh, can we still send the flock of penguins?? I hate that TPTB have screwed things up so royally that RDA thinks the fans are mad at him!! A little penguin poo on their heads would be a really nice idea!
    Just finished! Wet in all the right spots! Oh did I say that-sorry!
    We need some of those penguins from the Batman movie. You know the ones with the missiles and the jet packs. This way they can home in, on TPTB!
    sigpic

Comment

Fly-by post!

I've been in Georgia all day and just got back home in time to watch the syndicated S8 SG-1 ep of the week: Lockdown. And I just figured it out! Some of you probably already know this, so please forgive me if you do, but this little epiphany just hit me.

Remember when Skiffy announced the lineup for the S8 marathon that aired right before S9 started? And one of the eps they omitted was Lockdown? I just realized why!

Lockdown is the episode where the highly decorated Russian officer has been transferred to the SGC, asks for a place on an SG team.....and tells Jack he'd be honored to be considered for Jack's just-vacated spot on SG-1. Jack tells him in no uncertain terms that he doesn't care how highly decorated he is, or how much flight experience he has: he's not going near the Stargate until he's had the proper training.

Skiffy and/or TPTB didn't want us to see that ep just before S9 started, and Cam waltzed in to the SGC with no gate experience.....and the command of SG-1! Now, since the team had broken up at the start of S9, the situation was a little different.....but I still don't think they wanted to remind us of that right before they introduced Cam.

Just sayin'. Do you agree? Ok, I'm just trying to keep my eyes open til the ep is over--then it's off to bed! Talk to all tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
        An interesting comment on the Mobius commentary was that RDA suggested the scene when they fall to the floor with the sparks and Sam says "I can fix that." Also after they kissed RDA said " We're going to need more takes."

and did amanda say anything after rick's remark?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I think that by the end of season 9 they are going to need ALL of their fans for the show to continue. It appears as though they overestimated the power of BB and Farscape fans and underestimated the number of Sam and Jack as well as RDA fans. Right now I agree the focus is on the "new and improved" look and storyline of the show. However, many longtime fans, shippers and non-shippers are stating some real concerns over the direction and overall feel of the show. I think they do listen to fan concerns ( one of the commentaries said about hearing something on GateWorld) It would be a bad business move to ignore a large segment of their fan population especially since it's not being replaced by new ones. I live in hope that RDA will return in some capacity and that he and AT will want to resolve what has been one of the main storylines of the show. (for me anyways) An interesting comment on the Mobius commentary was that RDA suggested the scene when they fall to the floor with the sparks and Sam says "I can fix that." Also after they kissed RDA said " We're going to need more takes."
          I agree. At best, they've just broken even. They've brought in new fans with BB and CB, but the changes have caused them to lose many long-time fans, who miss RDA and were turned off by the tone of the first few eps and the lack of Sam. The ratings are about where they were last year, so the gains haven't exceeded the losses. And some of us are still on the fence about how long we'll continue with a show that doesn't feel "right" to us anymore.

Lovely thoughts, STARGATE7777! And in salute to the also lovely comments posted by Bucky tonight, I'm raising my half-full glass!

Comment

Okay.....really, truly going to bed now.....before my head falls onto the keyboard!
            But, just one more "just 'cos" to generate sweet shippy dreams for all.....

And they loved happily ever after!

Comment

A reply to Majorsal's question about whether Amanda made any comment after RDA "We're going to need more takes" on the Mobius kiss...they didn't mention what she said but PDL said "he could have as many takes as he wanted. " I think it was cute also on the special when asked what his next scene was going to be and he first said he didn't know but then smiled and said "I know, I have to kiss Amanda, I HAVE to kiss Amanda."

Comment

A reply to Majorsal's question about whether Amanda made any comment after RDA "We're going to need more takes" on the Mobius kiss...they didn't mention what she said but PDL said "he could have as many takes as he wanted. " I think it was cute also on the special when asked what his next scene was going to be and he first said he didn't know but then smiled and said "I know, I have to kiss Amanda, I HAVE to kiss Amanda."
                They seem to have a lot of takes when it comes to those scenes, don't they?I think I recall the commentary for Grace saying that they it took them 12 takes to get the Grace kiss right.

Comment

((((Mei Mei))))

Great to see you back here...hope RL's been kind to ya

OT SG1 Fanintn - how did your cousin enjoy a trip to my area??
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Fly-by post!

I've been in Georgia all day and just got back home in time to watch the syndicated S8 SG-1 ep of the week: Lockdown. And I just figured it out! Some of you probably already know this, so please forgive me if you do, but this little epiphany just hit me.

Remember when Skiffy announced the lineup for the S8 marathon that aired right before S9 started? And one of the eps they omitted was Lockdown? I just realized why!

Lockdown is the episode where the highly decorated Russian officer has been transferred to the SGC, asks for a place on an SG team.....and tells Jack he'd be honored to be considered for Jack's just-vacated spot on SG-1. Jack tells him in no uncertain terms that he doesn't care how highly decorated he is, or how much flight experience he has: he's not going near the Stargate until he's had the proper training.

Skiffy and/or TPTB didn't want us to see that ep just before S9 started, and Cam waltzed in to the SGC with no gate experience.....and the command of SG-1! Now, since the team had broken up at the start of S9, the situation was a little different.....but I still don't think they wanted to remind us of that right before they introduced Cam.

Just sayin'. Do you agree? Ok, I'm just trying to keep my eyes open til the ep is over--then it's off to bed! Talk to all tomorrow!

Seeing as this is about episodes, and I have no idea about when I'm supposed to put spoilers tags in, I'll just do it in case...

But yeah.. I agree that it is a bit strange..
                    Spoiler:

Though I think that Jack didnt want that Russian officer to be in SG-1, because he was.. well Russian. lol. Jack's mentioned, or at least suggested the fact that he's not too fond of the Russians, and he was probably just being awkward.

Why doesn't Sam get command? That seems kinda stranger in my opinion.. all those years of experience, and some guy who hasnt had any gets the best position

Originally posted by Sum1
                    They seem to have a lot of takes when it comes to those scenes, don't they?I think I recall the commentary for Grace saying that they it took them 12 takes to get the Grace kiss right.
                    LOL.. and you know they didnt try very hard to get it right in the 1st 11

Oh.. and come on kids! Post!! Its been so quiet tonight..
                    Guess everyone is having fun in RL .. shows what social life I dont have
                    Sam&Jack
                    ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                    ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                    TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Oh.. and come on kids! Post!! Its been so quiet tonight..
                      Guess everyone is having fun in RL .. shows what social life I dont have
                      i'm here! i don't have a life! <meek wave>

i should actually be doing up a shot list for class tomorrow, and editing a couple of scripts for tuesday, but i'm procrastinating because i'm better at that.

and as for the not trying to get it just right in the first 11 takes in grace? i know i wouldn't have. ("i'm sorry, too much tongue again? oh well, we better try again rick!")

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        i'm here! i don't have a life! <meek wave>

i should actually be doing up a shot list for class tomorrow, and editing a couple of scripts for tuesday, but i'm procrastinating because i'm better at that.

and as for the not trying to get it just right in the first 11 takes in grace? i know i wouldn't have. ("i'm sorry, too much tongue again? oh well, we better try again rick!")
                        Yay! Im glad you're here *gives hugs*

LOL.. well, at least you're honest. Might have to agree with you though.... *coughs* ... hehe..

And now ..completely new train of thought.. but this is what makes me so sad!
                        You see all of their off-screen friendships brought on-screen in SG-1..and everything looks so natural and now RDA isnt there.. no matter how much everyone says *oh its great to have new people.. new energy to the show blah blah*...I think the gap is just to big to fill ..for me as a fan anyway.

But we'll see. Starts in a couple of days. I hope the fun is still there.. I think Im really going to miss the little things most.. just the subtleness.. *sighs*

Im really prattling about nothing now.. Im sorry lol.
                        Just dont want to be disappointed after all these awesome years of watching
                        Sam&Jack

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                        ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove

Comment

i know what you mean. but i've always thought of the show as an ensemble thing, season 9
                          Spoiler:

and while i will definitely miss RDA being a presence, i'm hoping it won't be too much of an issue. of course the 5 or so episodes without AT will be another challenge. its one thing missing one member of the ensemble, we survived season 6 just fine, its actually one of my faves. missing 2 members of the group will be a different issue entirely. especially when its these two. much as i love chris judge, they tend not to develop his character as much as i'd like. michael shanks is great too, but he just doesn't have the same screen presence for me to hold the show for more than one episode at a time (and hopefully his vala arc will prove me wrong). and as for BB and CB, i never got around to watching farscape, so unless their characters have enough merit and intrigue right away, i'm not so sure they'll hold my intrest either. and then without AT or RDA, their wont be any ship until EDM, and even thats only tiny. i do have a couple of offline sources who tell me the show is still brilliant, but they were scapers, so they could be biased. anyway, i'm looking forward to it, but i'm really looking forward to seeing amanda tapping back.

well that went on longer than i anticipated. can you guys believe that i never go on this long in RL unless its with really close friends? and i absolutely never speak up in college classes.

Comment

Originally posted by smea
                            Yay! Im glad you're here *gives hugs*

LOL.. well, at least you're honest. Might have to agree with you though.... *coughs* ... hehe..

And now ..completely new train of thought.. but this is what makes me so sad!
                            You see all of their off-screen friendships brought on-screen in SG-1..and everything looks so natural and now RDA isnt there.. no matter how much everyone says *oh its great to have new people.. new energy to the show blah blah*...I think the gap is just to big to fill ..for me as a fan anyway.

But we'll see. Starts in a couple of days. I hope the fun is still there.. I think Im really going to miss the little things most.. just the subtleness.. *sighs*

Im really prattling about nothing now.. Im sorry lol.
                            Just dont want to be disappointed after all these awesome years of watching
                            I don't have a social life either! I proved that by just watching Dirty Dancing on Channel Five. I'm a sad soul, but I still love that film....

Anyway, back on topic.I know what you mean about the gap being too big to fill as well. I'm not looking forward to season 9 as much for that very reason. It will be interesting to see if/how this new energy translates to the screen.

And Stargate Barbie-I have a PhD thesis to finish, but I'm much better at procrastinating....
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Im the same... thats why internet/forums etc are so good.. its much easier to speak up online..IMO anyway.

Yeah, I agree with you completely. I love Sam, I always have.. shes the sort of person Ive always wanted to be like..
                              So the 1st few episodes.. might be a little weird. And what with new people coming too.. might take time to adjust..
                              But Im glad that fans are still enjoying it.. that gives me lots of hope

And hope is something that I always had. When RDA and AT were there.. at least you can hope for ship... this season.. I'll have to concentrate on everything else..

Spoiler:
                              Though I dont think I want to think about Daniel/Vala.. it just seems so... so.. weird. lol

OT... but yay for Lost! It was an amazing episode last time..
                              and even more OT.. [[will stop soon, promise]].. anyone watch House??
                              *dies* And if so.. do you know when S2 will be aired in the UK?

[/OT stuffs]

Sam&JackForAlways!!

*Prays for Jack to come back to fetch Sam from her lab ...she works too late.. so no one can blame him for taking her home.. *
                              Sam&Jack

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                              ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove

Comment

Oh... and stargate barbie.. we better hope some more people join us soon..

Dont want anyone accusing us of flooding the forum

------------

Whoops nevermind... Hey scjon! I was going to watch that.. but couldnt bring myself to leave the computer.. lol. *blushes*
                                Sam&Jack

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                                ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove

Comment

Working...
                                X