This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((((((shippers))))))))

Last Friday was the first Friday night in a couple of years when I've been home that I did not watch the repeat of SG-1 and Atlantis. Even when I wasn't all that crazy about an episode I'd still watch the repeat (maybe half-heartedly while doing other things), but last week I didn't have the TV on at all. Same for tonight - I'll be enjoying a book instead.

When they repeat Ex Deus Machina, maybe I'll try to catch the "not exactly" scene, but after that I'll probably turn it off. It doesn't seem like it was all that long ago that it was unthinkable that I wouldn't watch it if I was home. I miss feeling that anticipation of, "Yay! It's Friday and SG will be on."

Two years ago I put away my seasons 1 - 4 DVD's so that one day I could go back and watch them again and they'd be fresh and (almost) new again. I figured that was enough time for me to forget most of the details. I think the time to get them out again is just about here!
    Last edited by sugarshaker; 07 October 2005, 12:31 PM.

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Sugarshaker - I packed up all my SG1 DVDs last month...but I think I'll be revisiting seasons 4 and 6 in the near future
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

i did a similar thing. it started with not having time to watch the older episodes. and now i'm finding it difficult to remember certain details of some episodes, so it's about time i started watching them again. i keep looking at my tv show shelves and thinking, 'can i watch them yet?... um, better give it another few days'.

as for the "comfort" thing with sam and cam, i assume its a friendly thing. even if they do have chemistry anywhere close to what AT and RDA had, i think TPTB know better than to just pair her up with the new male lead. especially when their names rhyme.

Comment

nickatell that comment really got my attention.That sounded more like an RCC comment than a JM comment.The whole problem is it's not like RDA left after 2 Years.TPTB had 8 Years to get something done with Sam and Jack.We first had to put up with the Regs excuse and now we get the no RDA excuse.The next excuse will be RDA came back to do an episode but there was no Time for the Sam and Jack Ship.I have to say I think JM is a Shipper and if it was up to him Sam and Jack would be Married with a couple of Kids by now.I'am sure JM has got to be as fustrated as we are at times.It cannot be easy to work with some of the other members of TPTB and Scifi.

Comment

SS I have not be watching SG-1 either.Watching SG-1 has not been on my Mind.TPTB need to do more to get me to watch.We need more from TPTB than just excuses about not having RDA to do a proper Sam and Jack resolution or the ratings are down because the 8:00 Time this Year.The ratings are down for a reason.TPTB are not getting it done.If TPTB spend more Time on improving the Show and less on excuses the Show might be decent.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Hi Sally- maybe I'm over reacting-but on the fourth page of article AT states "BB and her character have a neat comfort level-sometimes even physical comfort level"-in one episode"We just sort of sat down and suddenly my arm was around him, it was really comfortable". What did she mean by that? Just friendly like comfort I hope?
              I took that as DEFINITELY friendly comfort. Kinda like how she would with Daniel or Teal'c.

I guess, since AT, CJ and MS have had nine years of working together, it would make sense for that to come as second nature for her/Sam. Since Browder/Mitchell are new to the seen, it might've been unexpected that it came so naturally for both of them.

Comment

LOL - OT note here - I'm eating green jello for the first time in years!!!! I was allergic to it (lime makes me act funny) but I hope I'll be okay
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  I took that as DEFINITELY friendly comfort.
                  I don't get it, suddenly 'friendly comfort' from a superior officer is okay? That why Sam and Jack have essentially not touched each other for years?

Oh, and news from Thor at Stargate Project: Apparently they're trying to get RDA back for the 200th episode (if the show's on). I almost wish he'd tell them to go to hell, but I know he's too nice to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                    I don't get it, suddenly 'friendly comfort' from a superior officer is okay? That why Sam and Jack have essentially not touched each other for years?

Oh, and news from Thor at Stargate Project: Apparently they're trying to get RDA back for the 200th episode (if the show's on). I almost wish he'd tell them to go to hell, but I know he's too nice to do that.
                    well cam and sam (eww!) are the same rank-so we aren't really talking superior officer stuff here. but becuz they are allowing that contact chances are that they are just good friends.
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      well cam and sam (eww!) are the same rank-so we aren't really talking superior officer stuff here. but becuz they are allowing that contact chances are that they are just good friends.
                      Mitchell has more time in grade, right? And I don't care what kind of BS TIIC are trying to spin, one of them has to be subordinate to the other.

Comment

I know what you mean, but I think that Sam and Cam are of equal rank - Lt Colonel-I presume that makes a difference??

I think the 200th episode is fairly early in a season 10-if that happens-so RDA may be persuaded for just that one episode. Maybe then we'll get our resolution. Ok, serious optimist here.
                        All it takes is one scene, PTB.....

Although, I have to say that I wouldn't blame him if he told them to go to hell either.
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Mitchell has more time in grade, right? And I don't care what kind of BS TIIC are trying to spin, one of them has to be subordinate to the other.
                          I think JM muttered something about them sharing command of SG1 in his latest blog. That might get a bit confusing.
                          always and forever
                          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

MGM has listened to us!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4261
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              LOL - OT note here - I'm eating green jello for the first time in years!!!! I was allergic to it (lime makes me act funny) but I hope I'll be okay
                              i've had green jelly for the last two days in a row!!!

Comment

Cookie Monster - and we say that Stargate doesn't affect us adversly in any way
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X