This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Jack's not really that dense. He just pretends to be. He knew. I never doubted that, as a viewer.
    I really don't think he knew she was silently *asking* him to step up and say something. I think that he was too convinced - even before the ring - that she was moving on without him. He's always been the self-sacrificing one on the team, and he would never interfere with what he saw as her happiness by "inflicting" his feelings on her.

It's not that he was stupid or dense - it was just that he was hurting too badly to see the forest for the trees.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      This thread is going strong, what with the discussions yesterday and now the present ones.
      You're right! And just a few days ago, people were worrying that we would have nothing to talk about because of the small amount of ship we're getting right now. Not so!

I just feel frustrated that so much of the discussion is going on while I'm at work and can't get in on it. But that's ok.....I still enjoy reading it!

So many tremendous posts today.....Gatetrixer, stargate barbie, nell, minigeek....Rogue.....Buc252, Sally and more! I've tried to green several of you tonight with no success. Sigh. Where did my green jello go? But please know that I'm in agreement with you!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        Jack:
        1. Never wanted to ruin Sam's career
        2. Didn't think he was good enough for Sam. In one ep (never can remember which one when I need it, but it could have been D & C), he called her a "national treasure." LOST CITY
        3. Has always had so much respect for Sam and her abilities. He couldn't understand what she wanted with an older guy who wasn't as brainy as she was.
        4. Also didn't want to take a chance with her career, which he knew could be brilliant.

And that, little shippers, is why we should have had Threads as the season 8 finale, and why it should have included a commitment and a.....

big honkin' kiss! EXACTLY!!

Excellent points!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
          I honestly believe Jack never felt he was good enough for Sam. That and the regs are what I always thought kept Jack passive. However, once Sam let him know that his feelings were returned (which he professed in D&C), something should have happened between them. Words should have been spoken. And by words, I mean sentences.
          I agree . . . but when exactly *did* she let him know that his feelings were returned? We never saw her side of the D&C scene, and while there were opportunities where, with our shippy rose-colored glasses firmly in place, we were *sure* she was going to say something to him, she never actually did.

Somebody mentioned the "I know" earlier. The fact of the matter is, she could have responded with, "I know you know, but I wanted to say it out loud. I love you." She didn't. She fell silent, and never tried again.

Unless he put a gag on her, he couldn't keep her from saying the words if she was truly determined. Especially at that point, when he was no longer her CO.
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            You're right! And just a few days ago, people were worrying that we would have nothing to talk about because of the small amount of ship we're getting right now. Not so!

I just feel frustrated that so much of the discussion is going on while I'm at work and can't get in on it. But that's ok.....I still enjoy reading it!

So many tremendous posts today.....Gatetrixer, stargate barbie, nell, minigeek....Rogue.....Buc252, Sally and more! I've tried to green several of you tonight with no success. Sigh. Where did my green jello go? But please know that I'm in agreement with you!

((((sg-1fanintn))))
            Here's your green jello!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              hey people do that all the time.
              Yes, and the divorce rate is nearly 50%. I can't help but believe that it would be less if people were more wise in their decisions.
              - Mary

Comment

I think Sam and Jack have amazing chemistry but did anyone else notice how much Sarah O'Neill looked like Sam in 'Cold Lazarus'? I mean to the point of giving this shipper chills.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                  I think Sam and Jack have amazing chemistry but did anyone else notice how much Sarah O'Neill looked like Sam in 'Cold Lazarus'? I mean to the point of giving this shipper chills.
                  Yes, totally. That was very intentional, too.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Yes, totally. That was very intentional, too.
                    Oh I know - but see TPTB started it! I mean that was way back in season one before D&C and the more 'shippy' episodes.

I don't know...I mean like I said, I love Sam and Jack but there is just something about the Sarah / Sam thing that really irks me.

Comment

Hey guys, there's a POLL going on over on the SONY boards about our favorite team incarnations for SG-1. It's pretty close now, between Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and ... Daniel, Teal'c, Cameron, Vala. Any of you want to pop over and show your support for the DREAM TEAM?

http://boards.sonypictures.com/board...ad.php?t=17458

mini(the-polled-out)geek
                      I don't care if nobody else does, but I'm voting for Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and Jonas. Actually, my ideal would be Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Jonas, and Daniel, but that's not one of the choices. I could pick "other", but they don't let you specify what "other" that is.
                      - Mary

Comment

Oh I know - but see TPTB started it! I mean that was way back in season one before D&C and the more 'shippy' episodes.

I don't know...I mean like I said, I love Sam and Jack but there is just something about the Sarah / Sam thing that really irks me.
                        It kinda irks me too. Dunno why, either. Not too much, per say, like Jack's personality in Daniel recently does, but it's confusing.

I don't really know what confuses me...cos it shouldn't. Sara = ex-wife. Sam = the one true love.

Shouldn't it be as simple as that?
                        - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                        Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                          It kinda irks me too. Dunno why, either. Not too much, per say, like Jack's personality in Daniel recently does, but it's confusing.

I don't really know what confuses me...cos it shouldn't. Sara = ex-wife. Sam = the one true love.

Shouldn't it be as simple as that?
                          Not with a group of men for writers

But at the same time if they got together there would be all this other sort of angst. The one example I can think of is on Gilmore Girls. Everyone wanted Luke and Lorelai together and now that they are the writers need to find all these new sorts of problems. At least with Sam and Jack the good build up angst is still going on until the big moment

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                            I don't care if nobody else does, but I'm voting for Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and Jonas. Actually, my ideal would be Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Jonas, and Daniel, but that's not one of the choices. I could pick "other", but they don't let you specify what "other" that is.
                            I would too, but it says I can't vote in this poll. Must be 'cos I'm not a member.

I'm surprised to see that people are thinking of Vala as a member of SG-1 ...I mean, if it had been up to a lot of people in the SGC (and even higher - in the gov.) Vala wouldn't have gone very far outside some dinky lil' holding cell. But alas, she clapped those stupid little bracelets on herself and Daniel, so...whatcha gonna do?

I'd actually love to just add Jonas onto the original SG-1. That would be so totally freakin COOL. I hated when they got rid of Daniel, but I had to admit Jonas was charming, optimistic, and inspiring.
                            - Miz

SG-1

Comment

Not with a group of men for writers

But at the same time if they got together there would be all this other sort of angst. The one example I can think of is on Gilmore Girls. Everyone wanted Luke and Lorelai together and now that they are the writers need to find all these new sorts of problems. At least with Sam and Jack the good build up angst is still going on until the big moment
                              LOL.

Never watched the Gilmore Girls, but I guess I know what ya mean Still, I'd love to see that big, honkin' smooch on real TV instead of just in my stories.
                              - Miz

SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                                I would too, but it says I can't vote in this poll. Must be 'cos I'm not a member.

I'm surprised to see that people are thinking of Vala as a member of SG-1 ...I mean, if it had been up to a lot of people in the SGC (and even higher - in the gov.) Vala wouldn't have gone very far outside some dinky lil' holding cell. But alas, she clapped those stupid little bracelets on herself and Daniel, so...whatcha gonna do?

I'd actually love to just add Jonas onto the original SG-1. That would be so totally freakin COOL. I hated when they got rid of Daniel, but I had to admit Jonas was charming, optimistic, and inspiring.
                                If I had to choose between Daniel at his best and Jonas in S6, I'd take Jonas in a New York minute. But my "dream team" is the five-person team in my signature. <g>

As for Vala being a member of the team, it's sheer stupidity. If that really happened - she slapped the bracelet on Daniel, etc etc - it wouldn't have been *her* going along on missions. It would have been *him* cooling his heels with her back at the SGC. You don't send somebody with a debilitation (and yes, that's what this was) into the field, any military person knows that.

yet another case of TPTB breaking USAF regulations, when they wouldn't allow *our* breaking of regs. It's a crock, I tell you!
                                - Mary

Comment

Working...
                                X