Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always felt that the conversation between Jacob and Sam the second time in Threads
    Spoiler:
    was quite vague and totally unrealistic. If I was on my death bed and I truly wanted my daughter to be happy with Jack the person I knew she truly loved, I would have spelled everything out; the man was dying for pete sake, he didn't still have to talk in code. This was a father daughter relationship that supposedly did a 360 degree flip when Jacob received Sellmack; and yet both never crossed the line by mentioning Jack by name. Now granted some would say because others could have been watching or listening but Jacob could have whispered it. Couldn't you have seen Sams eyes when Jacob would have whispered I know you love Jack? Yes, I agree once thinking clearly Sam may have understood what Jacob was saying, but as her father knowing that she is about to loose me and just how confused and lost she is in her life, and most importantly how she wanted and needed my approval, I would have made it my last fatherly mission to be there for my daughter when she so badly needed someone to break through the facade she built up and simply talk.

Comment

Jack is a gentleman and certainly doesn't have to force his attention on anyone including Sam. He gave her the choice for a relationship 3X I remember-Divide and Conquer,Beneath the Surface and Affinity and maybe Lost City. He gave Sam a chance to say I want you and this relationship but she didn't for whatever reason. So he walked away not wanting to force the issue and hurt her career. Like he said about the engagement ring 'But you didn't say no" if you are in love with someone, you could never accept another proposer. Maybe Sam was waiting for Jack in the real time line to grab and kiss her in front of everyone and declare his love but she should have known he wouldn't because it would endanger her career and her rep..The way he sacrificed his life for her and the world was enough to know that this is one great guy.
      sigpic

Comment

hey guys kinda new to these parts hugh hugh shipper , i never knew there was a scene with jacob and jack do ye know what was in it????

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          Jack is a gentleman and certainly doesn't have to force his attention on anyone including Sam. He gave her the choice for a relationship 3X I remember-Divide and Conquer,Beneath the Surface and Affinity and maybe Lost City. He gave Sam a chance to say I want you and this relationship but she didn't for whatever reason. So he walked away not wanting to force the issue and hurt her career. Like he said about the engagement ring 'But you didn't say no" if you are in love with someone, you could never accept another proposer. Maybe Sam was waiting for Jack in the real time line to grab and kiss her in front of everyone and declare his love but she should have known he wouldn't because it would endanger her career and her rep..The way he sacrificed his life for her and the world was enough to know that this is one great guy.
          That brings up a question. Say you are an ambitious, career military woman, with a job of a life time. You find yourself having feelings for your CO. Then you find out your CO has feelings for you. Would you give up your job so easily to take a chance that it may or may not work out?
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            That brings up a question. Say you are an ambitious, career military woman, with a job of a life time. You find yourself having feelings for your CO. Then you find out your CO has feelings for you. Would you give up your job so easily to take a chance that it may or may not work out?
            A hard call. However, I still think they should have discussed their situations. A "this is where we stand, how do we deal with it" conversation. I don't think avoiding the issue was helping them do their job any better. If it came down to sacraficing the other or themselves to save the world, I don't think either of them would have hesitated. If it did not hamper whatever mission they were on at that time, one may have stayed with the other. But were it vital for one to return, I really feel they would have returned. Sam and Jack were both military and understood the follow through of a mission.
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
              A hard call. However, I still think they should have discussed their situations. A "this is where we stand, how do we deal with it" conversation. I don't think avoiding the issue was helping them do their job any better. If it came down to sacraficing the other or themselves to save the world, I don't think either of them would have hesitated. If it did not hamper whatever mission they were on at that time, one may have stayed with the other. But were it vital for one to return, I really feel they would have returned. Sam and Jack were both military and understood the follow through of a mission.
              Oh I agree, they should have talked. But since they are in the military, one would have to quit or be reassigned to further the relationship. And at that point in D&C where they were forced to admit their feelings, I don't think either one wanted to give up their job.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I agree Rogue tough decision to make. Now if we had just met and I felt a physical attraction to Jack (gosh that was even fun to type), I obviously would have kept quiet. Finding out four years later that Jack feels the same way about me, would have at least given me four years to find out who this man was and obviously my feelings would have now gone from just physical attraction, to physical attraction, respect, trust, admiration, and the beginnings of love. Now if I take this all the way to year 7, it certainly would not have played out as it did on tv. If I found that I was now questioning my feelings for Jack to the point where it was effecting my work, this would have been the time that I would have approached him and we would have had a conversation and depending if he was in agreement with that or not, that would have decided for me if I was to be reassigned or not. Lets face it if it was effecting my work I run the chance of being let go or reassigned anyway and if he doesn't want to talk then it would be better for me to leave to save my career.

Now, if we did talk then obviously we would have to come up with something that we both could live with. Having said that, I could also tell you what would not have happened.
                Spoiler:
                In season 9 we learn that basically the whole Stargate team did break up so at the end of season 8 if we did decide to wait, there would be no question that we would be together and it would be known to everyone. There would be none of this "not exactly".

Comment

Nickatell I am with your response-that would have been the logical course of events, but knowing those guys-it wasn't the most angsty or trashy way to do things.

They used to it pull chains-whenever they felt our part of the fandom pull away-they pulled this out of their bu&& to draw us back in-I doubt, at least on my part, that anything short of a declaration and a wedding ceremony would convince me of anything they try to lure us in with.
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Oh I agree, they should have talked. But since they are in the military, one would have to quit or be reassigned to further the relationship. And at that point in D&C where they were forced to admit their feelings, I don't think either one wanted to give up their job.
                    Yes, I agree they were not ready to make those changes yet. Earth needed them and their experience at that time. But I think an understanding of sorts was there and that by the time Pete came along, it should have been addressed. Especially when Jack was made a General.

To be honest, I don't think either of them was in a position to enter into a serious romantic relationship with anyone. One serious relationship for Sam, and Pete ends up knowing about the SGC and then they break up. Another (Earth bound) relationship, for any of them, including Daniel, and perhaps another finds out. Can't keep anything a secret like that.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

He-- yes if he looked like RDA. But to be serious if I only had a military career going for me, maybe not but SAm is a scientist doing top secret stuff. Even if she's not in the military she would still be working for the Stargate program. What would Jack be or go?(and I'm not saying he doesn't have brains!) He is a perfect match because he would never question her little secrets but also have the clearance.
                      sigpic

Comment

Quick fly-by posting as I've gotta run (RL calls!), but wanted to throw y'all another "Off-Duty" fic, the sequel to "Monkey Business:"
                        Billions Served
                        Yes, it's shippy, and yet again, the title means something!
                        Have fun, and don't be eating/drinking anything while you read. I am NOT responsible for shorted keyboards!

Comment

Fly-by post...buying textbooks and whatnot (I've never payed for things online before...someone please save my bank balance!)

WELCOME IRISHCHICK!!!!!

Sadly we don't know anything about the Jack/Jacob scene, but I put my interpretation of what could have happened into my threads fic - here's the link to the specific chapter. It's based on Threads, so you don't need to read the whole story, but obviously I don't mind if you do
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/12/

There's been some interesting points made, so I'll be back in a wee while to join in the debate!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            Fly-by post...buying textbooks and whatnot (I've never payed for things online before...someone please save my bank balance!)

WELCOME IRISHCHICK!!!!!

Sadly we don't know anything about the Jack/Jacob scene, but I put my interpretation of what could have happened into my threads fic - here's the link to the specific chapter. It's based on Threads, so you don't need to read the whole story, but obviously I don't mind if you do
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/12/

There's been some interesting points made, so I'll be back in a wee while to join in the debate!
                            I really like your fics.. they always make me smile lol..
                            Dont worry, your bank balance will be fine! *promises* We'll make sure of it

And as for giving up your career to be with the person you love.
                            I think its a hard decision. I mean, you have to consider how much you love them, and how much you love your job and what comes first.
                            To be honest... I think Id rather quit my job and be with someone who loves me, than stay in a career and live my life alone... but Im sure some people would disagree.

And anyway... we all know how much Sam&Jack adore each other. When you feel like that about someone, IMO it would be important to discuss it with them.
                            Sam&Jack
                            ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                            ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                            TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Thankies for the green Smea!!!

here's the chapter one link...there's 14 chapters at present...expect 15 next week!
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/1/

I'd choose love anyday...I'd rather live in a tiny house with someone I love, than live in a big empty house on my own.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Thankies for the green Smea!!!

here's the chapter one link...there's 14 chapters at present...expect 15 next week!
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/1/

I'd choose love anyday...I'd rather live in a tiny house with someone I love, than live in a big empty house on my own.
                                Yes.. eeeeeeeexactly. Though the SGC means a lot to S&J. But Im still convinced that they'd choose each other over it eventually...

Oh yeah.. and what is this green thing lol. Everyone mentions it, and I can kind of guess it from the context...but I still dont really know what it is... *blushes at smea's ignorance*
                                Sam&Jack
                                ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                                ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                                TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Working...
                                X