This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Yay! Another Neil Diamond fan I have all his albums (on vinyl ) Do you know he's got a show on TV tomorrow night? ITV or BBC at 8pm I think. *wanders off down memory lane* *Stones would play inside her head...* *I am I said, to no-one there...* Ah, those were the days

Oops, there I go OT again It was her ^^^ fault He always did write the best lyrics.
    Nice to know I am not the only Neil Diamond fan out there... "September morn" will always be a favorite! (starts humming "forever in blue jeans")...

Back ON TOPIC:
    I think having sam & jack get together so early in the series would have ruined it.... anyone remember moonlighting? Maddie & dave finally getting together doomed the show! BUT now that SG1 is over.... let us see that they are SO MARRIED!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Yeah I agree, I'm glad they didn't bring them together, because it really would have been difficult to have made it work with the regs and having them as a team. If they'd moved Sam off elsewhere then they'd probably have brought in another member of SG1, and also had more characters having screen time in Sam's team, and it would have expanded the core focus of the show in terms of characters, and that would probably have thrown off the balance, even though the team themselves (ie, Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c) would probably have dealt with Sam and Jack having a relationship quite happily. It's an interesting thought though... but yeah, I'm glad actually that it worked out the way it did.
      Just a thing, I see you all doing, why is it always that Sam goes of SG-1...why not Jack, he could start training newbies...or replace Hammond earlier on as civilian...so that he isn't in control of Sam(like Kerry in Threads suggested)

It's kinda funny if I read this all, we are already shipping them for years, and wanting them together, but when I say what if the writers would have gotten them together earlier, nobody wants that...because it would have been bad for the show... So we should have started shipping later on...or something that S/J would have made an agreement to come together after the Goa'uld were defeated, then they could move on...together!

And Jann, I think we're looking at S5 or 6 here? Hammond has clearly just left the room... hmmm... I'm not very good at these
      Yup...S5 or S6...or is Hammond coming in...

and Uhsir you happily threw me into the deeper gutter again, thank you!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
        Just a thing, I see you all doing, why is it always that Sam goes of SG-1...why not Jack, he could start training newbies...or replace Hammond earlier on as civilian...so that he isn't in control of Sam(like Kerry in Threads suggested)

It's kinda funny if I read this all, we are already shipping them for years, and wanting them together, but when I say what if the writers would have gotten them together earlier, nobody wants that...because it would have been bad for the show... So we should have started shipping later on...or something that S/J would have made an agreement to come together after the Goa'uld were defeated, then they could move on...together!

Yup...S5 or S6...or is Hammond coming in...

and Uhsir you happily threw me into the deeper gutter again, thank you!
        True, Jack could have left SG1, but to be honest if we're talking about S4 say then I think it would be far more likely that Sam would have gone, moved to another team or got a science team. If it had happened in S7 then yes, it would have been more of a toss-up, but earlier in the series I think they would have felt Sam wasn't ready to command SG1 yet (being the flagship team) and Jack also not to replace Hammond, or too important to have him still in command of SG1. Nothing against Sam or anything, just that's probably how the AF would have seen it. This is of course presuming they were true to their honourable selves as previously discussed - if they broke the regs then I think I'm right (looks round for Seahen) that Jack would have been the one punished and removed as the senior officer.

And hmmm, I think Hammond's just left - look at the way his chair is facing, plus that look speaks of a reaction to a conversation... still no closer to guessing the ep though

Edit: splashing right there with you...
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Really good point Jann! but think of this, if they'd shipped them in the show we wouldn't have all our lovely post S4 angst! What would we do without so much of our pillar of shipdom??
          (although there might have been more room for more gutter...)
          I'm looking at Seahen here, but I'm not sure if they could have been in a relationship if Jack was her superior even if he was a civilian????
          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
            *giggles* I think by length you mean their height? Unless you are talking about when they are laying down. *snorts* I expect there to be some gutter splashing now!

And I love our ship too for the very same reasons.
            LOL
            I always, always make the same silly mistakes.
            Yup, it was a mix up.
            ...Or was it?

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post

Nad, I like your enthusiasm Another letter ?
            That's what I have. Enthousiasm and Letters to TPTB!
            (And an amazing return of Shippy Mojo.)

And maybe.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
              Really good point Jann! but think of this, if they'd shipped them in the show we wouldn't have all our lovely post S4 angst! What would we do without so much of our pillar of shipdom??
              I'm looking at Seahen here, but I'm not sure if they could have been in a relationship if Jack was her superior even if he was a civilian????
              Angst! Years and years of Angst, yummy!

Wait...
              Are we about to actually appreciate the 11 years of waiting, now?
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

True, Jack could have left SG1, but to be honest if we're talking about S4 say then I think it would be far more likely that Sam would have gone, moved to another team or got a science team. If it had happened in S7 then yes, it would have been more of a toss-up, but earlier in the series I think they would have felt Sam wasn't ready to command SG1 yet (being the flagship team) and Jack also not to replace Hammond, or too important to have him still in command of SG1. Nothing against Sam or anything, just that's probably how the AF would have seen it. This is of course presuming they were true to their honourable selves as previously discussed - if they broke the regs then I think I'm right (looks round for Seahen) that Jack would have been the one punished and removed as the senior officer.
                All true, but still Sam wouldn't have become the leader of SG1, someone else could, and Jack could have started to train ...new SG personel(like in Proving Ground)...so then it could have happened, but still the show would have been different.
                Certainly because its named Stargate SG1 and then Jack wouldn't be on SG1 anymore...or Sam wouldn't ...but still Sam could have come along on missions if she would have become a full scientist...or atleast not on SG1 anymore. Then as well, her role on SG1 would have become smaller...a lot smaller. because she isn't in the flag ship team anymore...the same with Jack if he would train new people.
                So the show would have changed, and we wouldn't have had our lovely team anymore like we had now...
                And breaking the regs, I don't see them doing that, but I would have liked to see a mutual agreement to do nothing for now, but wait(as a save bet) for later, when the Goa'uld are defeated or...one of them needs to retire!

And hmmm, I think Hammond's just left - look at the way his chair is facing, plus that look speaks of a reaction to a conversation... still no closer to guessing the ep though
                ok...you are right... And it's not what you think it is...

Edit: splashing right there with you...
                Don't ya love the splashing?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Wait...
                  How can that be??
                  Nah, not the 11 years, but we can appreciate the 8 But our confirmation is 3 years overdue...
                  sigpic

Comment

Now it's logical, say,for Jack to resign and to have Sam step up as leader, but I think that earlier on, like in S4, TPTB would never have given up on Jack in SG-1. He was The Hero! With his name above the title, he was needed to be on the team.
                    (Just like Sam, which is why there was no romantic relationship )

sigpic

Comment

All true, but still Sam wouldn't have become the leader of SG1, someone else could, and Jack could have started to train ...new SG personel(like in Proving Ground)...so then it could have happened, but still the show would have been different.
                      Certainly because its named Stargate SG1 and then Jack wouldn't be on SG1 anymore...or Sam wouldn't ...but still Sam could have come along on missions if she would have become a full scientist...or atleast not on SG1 anymore. Then as well, her role on SG1 would have become smaller...a lot smaller. because she isn't in the flag ship team anymore...the same with Jack if he would train new people.
                      So the show would have changed, and we wouldn't have had our lovely team anymore like we had now...
                      And breaking the regs, I don't see them doing that, but I would have liked to see a mutual agreement to do nothing for now, but wait(as a save bet) for later, when the Goa'uld are defeated or...one of them needs to retire!
                      I agree. And you described what happened after the eight season in fact Jack wasn't on SG1 anymore and had a much less time on the screen, our team wasn't so lovely anymore... Yeah, they must be together

Comment

How can that be??
                        Nah, not the 11 years, but we can appreciate the 8 But our confirmation is 3 years overdue...

I wonder how many Shippers there would have been here if The Ship was 'solved' earlier on...
                        I mean, I really enjoyed the wait while waiting. It was fun to wonder how and when Sam and Jack would break under the pressure of being madly in love with each other.
                        It's now after all that time that I'm getting annoyed with the way things were handled.

But then again, I also wonder how many Shippers would still be here instead of out of Shipperdom/ fandom if The Ship was resolved sooner...

sigpic

Comment

I wonder how many Shippers there would have been here if The Ship was 'solved' earlier on...
                          I mean, I really enjoyed the wait while waiting. It was fun to wonder how and when Sam and Jack would break under the pressure of being madly in love with each other.
                          It's now after all that time that I'm getting annoyed with the way things were handled.

But then again, I also wonder how many Shippers would still be here instead of out of Shipperdom/ fandom if The Ship was resolved sooner...
                          I think the sheer length of this ship is a huge part of what makes it so special, that there was such a long time of the angst and UST. But that again is just for up to season 8, so yeah, I wonder too if there would still be so many shippers here like this if we had had confirmation early in season 9. The hints at least gave us stuff to talk about But then again we all (or almost all!) firmly believe that they did get together after season 8 and we do a lot of shipping from earlier episodes I don't know! I'd like to think that it's such an awesome ship that we'd all be here regardless, but maybe not!

Edit: hmmm that was a bit rambly... Not really sure what I was trying to say there!
                          sigpic

Comment

I do have my moments...*cough*

GUTTER ...we missed all that gutter*cries* Nah, even with all my love for the gutter, I wouldn't want to change it all for the world...I think!

Wait...
                            I think so but I appreciate only 8 of them, afterwards they could have said S/J were together...atleast IMHO.

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                            I agree. And you described what happened after the eight season in fact Jack wasn't on SG1 anymore and had a much less time on the screen, our team wasn't so lovely anymore... Yeah, they must be together
                            Yup I know, but they hadn't agreed with it before...more of an unspoken agreement. but then again, I still would love to hear that they are together now, just some confirmation. it doesn't have to be big...atleast not for me!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ooh ooh I've just remembered the other thing I wanted to say about Prisoners that I forgot when I posted before... there's what I think is the first real expression of pride in Sam's scientific knowledge and expertise from Jack when he tells Linea that Sam figured out the stargate. I mean, in that 'Carter is amazing' type way - smile and wondering tone of voice. And also in the way that he attributes the whole thing to Sam - she, being her modest self, is quick to point out that there were a lot of other people working on it too, but Jack shows here his tendency to give Sam the unquestioning credit for everything. And that's particularly interesting in light of the fact that Jack knows that Daniel played a big part in working out the stargate too, but we've now reached the point where Jack's appreciation for Sam even makes him seem to forget that!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                OT[SPOILERS]Oh boy,that's a hard one....It probably would never have worked because of the whole frat reg thing,unless one of them resigned from the military..Sam could have become a civilian like Daniel,then they couldn't stop them form getting together or Jack could have resigned...Um i dunno,it's a hard one...
                                Regulations apply to civilians as well as military personnel who are working together.

And that's probably why the writers had to wait for 8 seaons before S/J got together...
                                but is that still believe-able...to wait 8 years on someone before you pursue a relationship with him/her ???
                                I've known people who waited 20 years to be together. Eight years isn't that long when put in the context of a lifetime.

No, they couldn't have had a relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X