This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ST-1
    ((((((Family)))))) What's all this negativity floating around? We're supposed to be shipping away here, oblivious to TPTB's ineptitude AND to actors' body parts (except in the RDA thunk thread, naturally! )

To those who've already lifted the mood in here, bravo! And just to help us along a little more, I present
    Truth or Dare, a silly little fanfic that should send all of us back to our "happy place."

Enjoy!
    ((((ST-1))))
    Thanks for the sweet read!!!
    sigpic

Comment

((((((Family)))))) What's all this negativity floating around? We're supposed to be shipping away here, oblivious to TPTB's ineptitude AND to actors' body parts (except in the RDA thunk thread, naturally! )

To those who've already lifted the mood in here, bravo! And just to help us along a little more, I present
      Truth or Dare, a silly little fanfic that should send all of us back to our "happy place."

Enjoy!

Thanks for that ST-1, you have indeed set me on the road back to our 'happy place'!! Anymore where that came from??

Comment

Just a quick question and I apologise if it's already been answered but I've been away for a while and haven't had a chance to catch up yet.

I had a quick look at the cast list for the S9 finale and saw no mention of RDA do we know if he's gonna be making any more S9 appearances apart from those at the beginning? *crosses all fingers and toes in the hope that the answer is YES!!*

Comment

Thought I'd add a little shipper cheer too!

Sam and Jack together????

What do you reckon?

We shippers deserve a little slice of heaven

And so with a optimistic heart and a huge honkin smile

I see Jack and Sam fishing for a long long while!
          It's so gonna happen family, we've just gotta hang in there!!

(((Shipper Family)))

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            the kid did fine, but sean patrick flannery did great. he's just more experienced, but i'm not saying the boy wasn't good. but sean gave orlin layers and depth...

BUT, what would have we seen if sean had been available? the writers scare me! they'd scare me since the seventh season, when things started going screwy. i wouldn't put it past them to actually have sam/orlin ship, even though sam's come to terms for her feelings for jack or *any* other guy to come her way. since they wrote that 'intimate' scene, i wouldn't be surprised so see other 'rewrites'...

sally
            Who knows which way they would have gone but they were smart to cast a child. It made me more comfortable with the scenes-there was no threat to the ship with a child involved. IMO
            sigpic

Comment

Enjoy!

Loved it!
              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
              LOVE HIM-> DT
              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

((((((((((BILLIE)))))))))) I love pic stories, and this one is fab! Thank you!

Originally posted by Billie
                Thanks for that ST-1, you have indeed set me on the road back to our 'happy place'!! Anymore where that came from??
                Hmmm...Maybe! Gotta think some more on what the team does while "off duty." I really wish TPTB allowed more of that. The D&C bar scene, the "Fire & Water" wake scene, and yes, even the "everyday Teal'c" scenes in A$$inity are great, IMO, because they show what these people are like in their daily lives. It's great to have these little kernels of knowledge: Jack's kitchen is yellow, Sam never gets messages on her answering machine, Daniel has a fish tank, and Teal'c can throw a can and knock someone out a la Crocodile Dundee. We need MORE of that! Even now in S9, as crappy as it's been, my interest would certainly be piqued if I got a glimpse inside Mitchell's apartment/house/whatever, if I could see Landry playin' some hoops, or even if they told us their favorite colors! IMO, the S9 plotlines have been too big and heady to allow for any of that, and the result is a bunch of wooden, two-dimensional characters. Even the ones we thought we knew (Sam, Daniel) have become enigmas. What are they doing with the rest of their lives? Where the heck is Cassie? And the real burning question: What is the status of Sam and Jack's relationship? WHY, pray tell, can't we know these things? Would it cause physical pain for TPTB to give us a little more inside knowledge on the characters? FCOL, they've yet to reveal on-screen where Jack went and why...and only last week did they bother to tell us
                Spoiler:
                Lam is Landry's daughter
                !

Obviously I don't expect to be told EVERYTHING about the characters up-front, but a little insight would be nice. If we're supposed to like this SG-1 the way we liked the old/REAL SG-1, then the writers have to give us the opportunity to get to know the new characters and "catch up" with the old ones. Otherwise, they may as well replace the actors with cardboard cut-outs (or, better yet, Equinox's clay figures!) and trim down the budget a bit!

Wow...that turned into a big honkin' S9 rant! Sorry y'all...guess I needed to get it out of my system. Going back to my happy place now! Sam & Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                  Just a quick question and I apologise if it's already been answered but I've been away for a while and haven't had a chance to catch up yet.

I had a quick look at the cast list for the S9 finale and saw no mention of RDA do we know if he's gonna be making any more S9 appearances apart from those at the beginning? *crosses all fingers and toes in the hope that the answer is YES!!*
                  Joe answered this question a couple of weeks ago in his thread and stated that RDA would be making no more appearances "this year". Whether this means for the entirety of S9, for the actual filming or just for the first half of the season, I don't know. But I think we will all be mightily devastated if he isn't.

Comment

@silver

oh yes i hope of this "this year" ... i hope that RDA in the next year is back and than we see a wedding with jack and sam

@ billy

wow that are soooo nice pics^^

Comment

Those pictures, the 'holding hands' one, the second one. What ep is that?
                      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                      LOVE HIM-> DT
                      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Hey Shipper Family!! I've missed this place! No more going AWOL for a long time I hope I had to make the extra effort today after my son put on Urgo yesterday. Reminded me how much I love Sam & Jack and missed my happy place.

Important things first.

Nell have you heard from Carolina? Is she OK????

Now on with the ship

After skimming the best part of 40 pages this morning....
                        Great Vid Caty!
                        Loved the pic fic TN!
                        In answer to Gatetrixer's question - yes you can nourish (loved the way you phrased that ), with no problems. Saw a documentary a coupla months ago so if you want all the gorey details I can PM ya! Just let me know.
                        And finally, ST-1, loved the little fic!

The scene that sums Sam & Jack up for me is Lost City 2, the little exchange over the crystals. Sorry I can't remember who posted the question or that particular answer (it's all a bit of a blurr ) - but they hit the nail on the head. Love, sacrifice, dedication to duty ... I could go on.

However, I think I'm probably in the minority who see it as a good thing that the kiss was cut from that scene. *please don't throw anything at me yet* I just can't see it tying in with the professionalism that they have both shown over the years. I know the regs technically didn't count cos Jack was not Sam's CO having retired and passed command to her, but they were still in the middle of a planet-saving mission, and then just wasn't the time. I really can't see the ep playing out the ship any way other than it did. I understand that lots of shippers see that as a missed opportunity, but I'm afraid I'm not one of them. Just love the angst too much I guess

The scenario for Sam & Jack in Threads was much more realistic -
                        Spoiler:
                        all threats from the Goa'uld and Replicators had been wiped out, the galaxy was at peace so there were going to be no interruptions. I like to think that the optimum time was on the pier during their fishing trip (in that day before T & Daniel showed up naturally ). They were able to be themselves without the pressures of imminent destruction to force the issue and would be a much more natural expression of their real feelings for each other.
                        JMHO

All that said, I'm still miffed that turned up again after Lost City. He should have been toast at that point - I was already stretching belief beyond the boundaries that Sam hadn't canned Pete at the end of Chimera for that stupid stunt he pulled tailing her and busting in on an operation. Then that Lost City didn't show Sam what her true feelings were is completely beyond me. It was another D&C moment where everything was revealed for a few moments and acknowledged on both sides. For me, that's where tptb completely messed up. If I discount any mention of and Affinity, S8 was great!

As for the current situation, no regs, Sam EDM
                        Spoiler:
                        "not exactly" single
                        - even if we are gonna have to wait.

sorry - didn't mean to go on so long! Blame it on ship withdrawal
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo
                          Those pictures, the 'holding hands' one, the second one. What ep is that?
                          its from moebius. and shame on you for not knowing purely on instinct if nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            its from moebius. and shame on you for not knowing purely on instinct if nothing else!
                            I'm sure this is mentioned in the 'Shippers Handbook', along with all our other 'moments'.
                            sigpic

Comment

Some news from LOL4JACK (I'm chatting with her right now on MSN) :

"I'll be moving towards France to wait for news from there.... and it seems I can get an earlier appointment at the embassy.... Of course, lots of love and thanks for the messages, I've been trying to answer and keep up with them.... I'll be in DSL next week, so I'll be able to join more "
                              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Florence - tell her I'm sorry I've not been able to email her.
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X