This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Sally I'am not sure the ratings will go up this Time.The last couple of Years RDA was still around.TPTB should have added some more Sam and Jack Ship from Sam's side and more mention of Jack.The raings may improve in the second half but I do not think the ratings will be as good without RDA.It looks like the Show did not get the adding ratings from Farscape Fans.TPTB did a Bad Job in reaching out to Shippers and long time Fans.TPTB attitude was this is the new Show now deal with it.

well, the only reason i want a season 10 is so i can get my PRO sam/jack shippy resolution! as s sam fan, though.... i'm feeling kind of... bla. they took sam's command away from her, without even an explanation for it!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      funny that you mention the dvds.... i've got seasons 1-4, with 4 still unopened. i bought 4 when the pete situation started, so i didn't have it in me to watch any eps.... and still haven't. in fact, i'm considering selling my dvds and just buying individual disks with the 40 eps i want.

funny how being disappointed can effect the entire package...

sally
      for me, when i've been disappointed with a newer ep, i tend to go back and watch the older ones that make me feel good about the show. season 4 is the one that works best for me, along with the second half of season 8, which i only have recorded from tv so far, because i 1) can't afford them individually, and 2) they didn't have commentaries on them.
      i've got 1-7 on dvd, and i'll most likely get the box set of 8 when it comes out providing there are commentaries, otherwise i'll get it when it goes cheap.

i'll buy 9 if i like it, but not if i don't.

after certain episodes of season 7 and 8, i watched POV, D&C, entity, metamorphosis and paradise lost lots of times, to mention just a few. and it did restore my faith for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        Assinity made me sad before i saw it. and then it made my eyes bleed razor blades when i saw it. its rare that an episode with a shippy scene sucks, but this was the worst episode of either stargate series that i have ever seen in my life. so much as i would like to suppress all memories of the episode and any discussion surrounding it, i can't.

that's the way i felt/feel about chimera. it sucked my heart out... through my nose. slowly.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

On this positive-negative debate: I think most of us know each other well enough now to accept that we all have good days and bad ones. And let's face it--we're all pretty "fanatical," or we wouldn't be coming to this site all the time. I'm glad you all have strong and divergent views. That's what makes the thread so interesting.

No one here is saying that actor A is a sorry son of a gun, or that actor B's mother wears army shoes (whatever that means---I never really knew). In my time here, i've never seen anyone write anything on this thread that I thought was disrespectful. We're all pretty tolerant, but sometimes we get worried about what's going to happen to "our" show. I count on you to cheer me up when I'm down, and I try to do the same for you. And I'm willing to listen to all your opinions, whether I agree with you or not!

Hugs and shipper cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            How about all three Indiana Jones movies? There were no hockey-related movies at Blockbuster when Sam stopped by.

Oh, yeah.....and War of the Worlds!
            how bout signs, jack rents it out cos he knows it irks her, and she'll rant about it and he loves when she does that.

or independence day.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Oh! I have a neat idea. Don't know if anyone will want to play or not, but I have to run for a couple of hours, so who knows what might be here when I get back??

Here it is.

Why don't we try speculating on how the "big reveal" will actually take place? How we want it to, versus how we think it might actually go down (in canon). Without turning this into a dart board for the powers that be, can we come up with some scenarios for - heck, lets say season ten is the year; lets say we don't get the actual fireworks this year, BUT lets say Rick comes back in season ten, perhaps even full time (he does intend to come back, after all, this absence isn't a permanent plan for him). Lets say he comes back in season ten. And lets try and be realistic, how could it go down? Would the rest of SG-1 already know about the two of them? Would there be a big reveal? Ideas? Suggestions? Wanton DREAMS? lol

Sam would be lost on P-something or other, and Jack rushes to SGC, shortly after he gets there and arguing with Landry about going to rescue her, there's a signal to open the Gate and Sam comes through. Then there's a scene of Jack running to Sam in slow motion and Sam starts running to him in slo-mo. JUST KIDDING!

It really wouldn't be given much time or be a big reveal, IMO(unfortunately). TPTB thought they had already given us what we wanted. So the rest of SG-1 would know and maybe we'd see them together in a way that showed they were a couple. Maybe leaving the Mountain together discussing where to go or what to eat in a way we know they live together. Maybe this time one or the other is in the infirmary, they hold hands or even (gasp) kiss. Not professional, I know, but it would be a contrast to other times and enough to tell us. I want more, but....

Comment

i'm all for people venting, and such business, so long as its done in a way that is respectful to both the people on this thread and those involved in the making of the show. and i'd like to think that if someone were to find me disrespectful, they would call me on it so that i could apologise and either move on or rephrase my comments.

but i do prefer when the thread is more positive. when i come here to vent, i do so in the hope that my ship-um-mates ( :s ) will cheer me up not wallow with me, so that we all fall into a pit of bitter angry depressed cookie induced madness. i don't vent to bum everyone out, i do it to try to cheer up. and equally, when you guys have something to vent about, i try to put a more positive spin on things if i can. i try to come up with an option that may not have been considered, or i try to find reason and justification. i try to put things into a different light.

if i disagree with something that someone says or if i find someones opinion a tad too negative for my tastes, i'll skim passed the post, but if i find something that i can't let go. or if i find something too disrespectful to someone, be that the comment itself or how its phrased i will call someone on it rather publicly than send red jello, which i think i have only done once, and definitely not to anyone here. and that was an extreme situation.

or if i find something that i respectfully disagree with, and feel that i can debate it without it getting too serious or out of hand, i'll post an opinion on that. i love fun debates.

((((Shipper Family))))
                Several of you have posted similar thoughts regarding sharing/expressing opinions and feelings about the show, characters, actors, and TPTB. I agree that diversity in thoughts and feelings is important. I've learned alot and I appreciate different perspectives about the many issues that are raised. Hey, I've ranted myself!! And, I'm grateful for my Shipper Friends for scraping me off the bottom and lifting me up with good vibes. I come to Our Thread mostly because I like being shippy and sappy and fluffy. RL is serious enough without my hobby getting me stressed out!! But, as long as we express ourselves respectfully amongst each other and about the objects of our dismay, let's continue to do so. Ship, ship, hooray!!!
                sigpic

Comment

that's the way i felt/feel about chimera. it sucked my heart out... through my nose. slowly.

sally
                  i'm sorry, chi-what-a? i don't remember that one? i vaguely recall one where they freed sarah from osiris. sam tried dating a jackass, and then.... um.... well presumably she dumped him for being a big stupid jerk?
                  is that the one you're talking about?
                  how she ended up engaged to a guy who looked a lot like him i have no idea, all i know is that that relationship helped her realise that she'll always be in love with her soul mate jack o'neill, and she let the potatoman down gently and then went "fishing"

Comment

well, the only reason i want a season 10 is so i can get my PRO sam/jack shippy resolution! as s sam fan, though.... i'm feeling kind of... bla. they took sam's command away from her, without even an explanation for it!

sally
                    If there isn't an S10, maybe we'll get our resolution in S9 instead!
                    for me, when i've been disappointed with a newer ep, i tend to go back and watch the older ones that make me feel good about the show. season 4 is the one that works best for me, along with the second half of season 8, which i only have recorded from tv so far, because i 1) can't afford them individually, and 2) they didn't have commentaries on them.
                    i've got 1-7 on dvd, and i'll most likely get the box set of 8 when it comes out providing there are commentaries, otherwise i'll get it when it goes cheap.

i'll buy 9 if i like it, but not if i don't.
                    At this point, I can't see buying S9, but I'm hoping that the last half of the season changes my mind!

Now, has everyone finished dinner? Good! It's time for dessert. Have some nice Shipper Cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      I actually liked Prototype. Fourth Horseman was ok, but we all know part II is usually better.

One problem I see is the
                      Spoiler:
                      team. I don't think the chemstry is there. They still seem like indiviuals, a carry over from season 8. They are still without a leader. Cam is a Stargate rookie and IMO not a strong leader. Should have left Sam in charge, with Cam as her 2IC.

But on the other hand, Cam seems to be the only one who really wants to be there. Sam would rather be at Area 51, Teal'c with his people and Daniel in Atlantis.
                      What TPTB don't seem to realize is that it's not how good *this* week's episode is that gives it good or bad ratings - it's how good the *last* week's episode was. If an episode really stinks, you're less likely to watch the same show the following week. In other words, you don't give it the chance in the first place. So poor ratings really aren't reflective of the ep that ran, IMO, but in the one that ran last week.

Does that make any sense, or is it just me?
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

the "Big Reveal" that i'd like to see would be something along the lines of;
                        jack walks into the briefing room mid-briefing, and sam just stares at him almost slack jawed, as though she's shocked to see him there. landry call an end to the briefing and walks into his office. jack just looks at sam, smirking. daniel, teal'c and mitchell say their hello's, daniel pats him on the arm or something and says "good to see you jack", and they walk out as sam stands up and move towards him. she says something like, "you should have told me you were coming", he says "where's the fun in that?". as she reaches him they take each others hand, and she leans up as he leans down and they share a shortish kiss (full of love, and longing and whatever, but also showing that they've been together a while) because they are on base, and in uniform. then they part and smile at each other, and he says, "so? dinner?", then daniel appears and says something like "where we goin'?" and sam and jack look at each other and they all leave the room together.

but thats just one idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          If there isn't an S10, maybe we'll get our resolution in S9 instead!

At this point, I can't see buying S9, but I'm hoping that the last half of the season changes my mind!

Now, has everyone finished dinner? Good! It's time for dessert. Have some nice Shipper Cookies!

Jack: How's about a piece of cake?
                          Sam: Sure, but let's invite The Shippers to join us!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer

It really wouldn't be given much time or be a big reveal, IMO(unfortunately). TPTB thought they had already given us what we wanted. So the rest of SG-1 would know and maybe we'd see them together in a way that showed they were a couple. Maybe leaving the Mountain together discussing where to go or what to eat in a way we know they live together. Maybe this time one or the other is in the infirmary, they hold hands or even (gasp) kiss. Not professional, I know, but it would be a contrast to other times and enough to tell us. I want more, but....
                            i've decided to start writing postcards/letters again to the ptb. and in fact, something i said just a bit ago is what i'll use for my first postcard.

I want there to be a season 10... and I PRAY we'll FINALLY get a PRO Sam and Jack RESOLUTION! (you know, see them together, as a couple. happy.)

would anyone else considering sending a postcard like this?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Anyone going to Vancouver in March? I can't make -up my mind if my husband and I should go! Right now the cast line up is lame and I don't want to give money over to the "establishment" if they keep lanking our chains. But I will go if some of our shippy family are going. Then it's worth going! I know Carolina was going (if she gets back to the US) and some fans from the Peter site.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                                What TPTB don't seem to realize is that it's not how good *this* week's episode is that gives it good or bad ratings - it's how good the *last* week's episode was. If an episode really stinks, you're less likely to watch the same show the following week. In other words, you don't give it the chance in the first place. So poor ratings really aren't reflective of the ep that ran, IMO, but in the one that ran last week.

Does that make any sense, or is it just me?
                                it makes sense logically, but i'm not really sure how logical the world of tv ratings is. i don't put much faith in them, but unfortunately networks do.

Comment

Working...
                                X