X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zabbugh
    Hiya Trupi,
    I hope this is true. Once again tptb have opened their rollercoaster. This is reminiscent of the whole "Insanity" episode spoilers. "Fasten your seat belts kids, it's going to be a bumpy ride"

Chris
    No more bumpy rides! Please! No more bumpy rides!

Yay! My 1000th post!
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      The only problem I have pittsburghgirl is why does she only speak against the Sam and Jack ship and always seems so excited and supportive of the Sam and whomever ship????? If she was totally for a strong Sam and against all emotional relationships to keep her character from being stereotyped, I could understand but that doesn't seem to be the case.
      You have a really good point-and I wish I could figure out an answer to that very question. It seems like they work so hard to say -Oh No-we can't do that-it would be against regulations-and yet....They worry about demoralizing Sam and being out of character-I still don't buy the end of Chimera
      Spoiler:
      where Sam tells Pete everything
      -really? To dig himself out of the very deep hole they would throw him in for stalking, spying (which is against the law-right?) and interfering with a government action would take a very long time.

And really-there is no rhyme or reason to how AT feels about Sam and Jack or even how she doesn't feel about it. One time she is for it and another time against it. The whole thing is giving me a case of whiplash.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Are you missing the ship ??
        Here you are

A little NEW shippy video for my shipper family

"Wish you were here" Within Temptation ..from Sam's point of view

See my sig for the link ..

Caty
        Last edited by Catysg1; 20 September 2005, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I read the "Dreamwatch" article that y'all been talking about and I can say is "spoken like a true romantic" (/snark)

Back to lurk mode......

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Are you missing the ship ??
            Here you are

A little NEW shippy video for my shipper family

"Wish you were here" Within Temptation ..from Sam's point of view

See my sig for the link ..

Caty
            Caty love the new vid. Sam is so right. She misses him so much. I miss Jack so much too. S9 needs Jack to be around. RDA gave so much of that " IT " element to SG1. I hope that RDA finds it in his heart to drop by Vancouver and do 1 or 2 eps for "ship" sake.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Hi everybody!

Nell - Give LOL4JACK a big hug from me and tell her that we're all thinking about her.

Cathain - more info will be up tonight as I have a new website just about ready to go online

I think there is 'something' going on...AT's attitude has shifted WAY too suddenly...she talks about not wanting Sam to be weak...I think casual sex is a sign of a weak woman...no offense to anyone here who is okay with casual sex, but everyone I know who has done that has had a lot of problems influencing their judgement.

She talks about S/J ship weakening her character...what about S/P ship? Pete did more damage to her character in four or so episodes than Jack could EVER do...Her love for Jack and her resolve not to compromise her career, while aknowledging her feelings for him HUMANISED her character and made her SYMPATHETIC and BELIEVEABLE and ALL THE MORE REAL for it. Sam isn't perfect, and for a television character...that is possibly the biggest strength she could have.

AT seems to forget that...

JMO
              I would think that after waiting 8 years to get together, then deciding after a short period of time that it didn't work, would be even more damaging to Sam's character. After all we are made to believe these were strong feeling she had for Jack, not just lust. I would think being in a stable, loving relationship would be more positve for her character than hopping in bed with the next male guest star. After 8 years we are suppose to just shrug our shoulder and say "oh well it just didn't work".
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                I would think that after waiting 8 years to get together, then deciding after a short period of time that it didn't work, would be even more damaging to Sam's character. After all we are made to believe these were strong feeling she had for Jack, not just lust. I would think being in a stable, loving relationship would be more positve for her character than hopping in bed with the next male guest star. After 8 years we are suppose to just shrug our shoulder and say "oh well it just didn't work".
                Next thing we'll be seeing is Sam becoming Playboy Bunny. (AT can show her implants). Yah--this really makes Sam look really good! I don't know what she's talking about, maybe it's just postpartum depression.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                  Yep and they are rewriting what happen in previous eps to sex up the show. I hated it when they hinted that
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam and Orlin had sex. Thats not what happend, but it makes me wonder if there was something else to the relationship.
                  Its bad enough not having any J/S ship, but when they throw past relationships in our face, thats just mean.
                  Hiding under the table as I type....
                  Spoiler:
                  Orlin and Sam , I do believe had sex. Look the lady is HOt, healthy woman with no relationships to tie her down at that time.
                  IMO there is nothing wrong with that. Now with Jack in her life , she would never do that.

Comment

GateBee...have to dissagree with you...

While Sam and Orlin cleary shared something intimate and special in 'Ascension'...it wasn't sex. It was more a sort-of joining of minds...nothing sexual...yes...she probably felt the true depth of his feelings for her, and due to that, was probably more inclined to reciprocate...but I don't believe she loved him or that she had sex with him...

And I really don't thing the Sam/Orlin thing (if there even was a thing) is worth discussion anymore...'cos c'mon...
                    Spoiler:
                    he's a little kid!

Oh!

I'm now the proud owner of...

'THE COST OF HONOUR' by Ship-fic writer extraordinaire...SALLY MALCOLM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post a review on my site when I'm finished reading
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The way Sam answered Landry's question onces, you see it, will lead you to the same conclusion. But as I mentioned, for me that is ok. Sam was not with Jack at that time. Now Jack has stepped up to the plate and they are together beaming back and forth with the help of the asgard.

Comment

here are two pics of Sam trying to answer Landry's question about
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam having a relationship with Orlin. She said yes they did and that he was an adult man at that time , not a boy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1/PDVD_373.jpg
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1/PDVD_374.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          Next thing we'll be seeing is Sam becoming Playboy Bunny. (AT can show her implants). Yah--this really makes Sam look really good! I don't know what she's talking about, maybe it's just postpartum depression.
                          You're joking about implants, right? Not that I disagree if someone wants them for a good reason (yes there can be), but AT? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            Oh!

I'm now the proud owner of...

'THE COST OF HONOUR' by Ship-fic writer extraordinaire...SALLY MALCOLM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post a review on my site when I'm finished reading
                            You lucky girl ! I'm still waiting for mine...
                            I think that while waiting I'm going to read the 1st part... one more time !
                            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              Hiding under the table as I type....
                              Spoiler:
                              Orlin and Sam , I do believe had sex. Look the lady is HOt, healthy woman with no relationships to tie her down at that time.
                              IMO there is nothing wrong with that. Now with Jack in her life , she would never do that.
                              I agree with suekay,
                              It was more a meeting of the minds and emotions. And your right there was nothing wrong with it, she was single and available at the time. When watching that ep I don't get the impression it was sexual. Even if now they say there was a
                              Spoiler:
                              physical sexual encounter
                              , I don't think that was the intention while filming the ep.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                                maybe i'm just in a bad mood, but that implants comment seems completely out of line to me, as does the post-partum comment. and it caught me totally off guard. aren't we supposed to be respectful to the actors here?

Comment

Working...
                                X