This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueiris
    I don't really see it that way. Sam, IMO, is a highly intelligent person (genius), and its been my experience that people like that tend to let the spouse/partner handle most personal decisions. If a very intelligent man lets a woman handle everything outside of work, no one thinks anything of it. But when you turn the situation around and the woman lets the man handle everything, it may only seem like she has no authority when in reality she is reducing him to that "lesser person" sterotype. When watching Sam with Joe she really reminded me of a male professor (genius) I used to work with.

Which is another reason why I like Sam with Jack. She could be genius and Jack can play dumb all he wants, but he never came across as anything but Sam's equal.
    I agree about Jack and Sam, but not your previous paragraph.

We're not talking about letting him pick the china pattern or where to have the bank account. We're talking about something that had to do with *her* - not with them both. Would she let him choose her gynecologist? How to wear her hair? Personal decisions - especially when they deal with a plan that was hers to begin with - shouldn't be left to a spouse. Or, as I said, she *does* have a tendancy to be subservient to her "man" of the moment. Maybe that's normal for people of her intelligence, but it doesn't negate the fact that it does explain why she'd allow to behave the same way with her.

Jack just wouldn't make decisions for her like that, but it might be interesting to see what she'd do if he tried. <g>

JMO, of course.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I don't think she, or Joe, or anyone else, got to pick her gynecologist. As least that was my impression. The medical profession, I thought, was completely under Ashen control.

And Sam had no reason to believe Joe was keeping anything from her until Janet examined her under the radar. If Joe had not behaved in a demanding way before this situation erupted, Sam would try to make allowances to a point, I think. Especially if she knew Joe had reason to be uneasy with her relationship with Jack. I'm not excusing Joe. I just don't feel that Sam necessarily had been treated that way by Joe in the past.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Anunnaki
        Well, a friend of mine in the USA scanned in the Dreamwatch article for those who might wish to read it but not have it available in your market. I don't know how long it'll be online and this isn't a publicly accessible link so it probably will only be up for a few days. Here it is, anyway. Be warned, however, Amanda really is quoted as saying that Sam and Jack should ...
        Spoiler:
        get it on and get it over with; so they can move on with their lives seperately.

PAGE ONE:
        http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005.jpg

PAGE TWO:
        http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005a.jpg

PAGE THREE:
        http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005b.jpg

Truly though, I wouldn't lose heart over these sorts of comments. A friend and I were (laughingly) joking the other day that there's an a Shakespearian quote from Hamlet (act 3, scene 2) which seems to apply to Amanda's quoted comments regarding Sam/Jack of late.

Spoiler:
        "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

.A.
        (((Anunnaki))) Thanks for sharing AT's interview quote. I agree, I don't think this is anything for Shippers to be concerned about. Actors have their opinions and feelings about their characters and the storyline but in most cases they are not the writers so they cannot create, modify, or develop the story. So, for whatever reason she expresses these views, the story will be detemined by TPTB based on viewer ratings. Money!!!

Interestingly, I just read an article about the series, "Lost," and the fine line TV shows walk in developing characters and plots and holding the attention of the audience. Too slow and people become frustrated and stop watching. Too much too soon and the edge and suspense is lost (no pun intended).

We've discussed numerous issues and concerns regarding Stargate's story/character development, in particular, Sam's and Jack's story, and what keeps us watching or not. For 8 seasons, TPTB have been very successful overall but we all agree that they have shortcomings with the S&J Ship. Not to mention, aw but I will, RDA is gone. He was the glue. Obviously, how they develop this new team dynamic will be critical in the longevity of the show. A successful blend of what works and the new characters/stories is their best shot at Season 10. IMO, keeping the S&J Ship alive is an important part of the show's success!!!

OK, I'm done.
        sigpic

Comment

I do not let these interviews get to me anymore.IMO AT has never been a Sam and Jack Fan and that's fine.IMO AT sees Sam and Jack as nothing but a fling.I do not need an Actor or member of TPTB to like the Ship.I like the Ship and that's all that counts.My only complaint has been when someone tries to be both a Shipper and an Anti Shipper.I can respect any opinion as long as it is an honest opinion and the person is not changing there answer based on there audience.
          Last edited by ses110; 18 September 2005, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I don't think she, or Joe, or anyone else, got to pick her gynecologist. As least that was my impression. The medical profession, I thought, was completely under Ashen control.

And Sam had no reason to believe Joe was keeping anything from her until Janet examined her under the radar. If Joe had not behaved in a demanding way before this situation erupted, Sam would try to make allowances to a point, I think. Especially if she knew Joe had reason to be uneasy with her relationship with Jack. I'm not excusing Joe. I just don't feel that Sam necessarily had been treated that way by Joe in the past.
            I got the impression that that was not a terrifically happy marriage and that Joe thought he knew what was best for everyone (from Sam to the entire human race). Where he got this idea, I don't know; he was a simple diplomat!

Comment

as to what Amanda said in that interview thing about S/J not lasting and stuff... thats crap... helloooooo!!!!! "Not exactly".... we all know that it is them...
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                as to what Amanda said in that interview thing about S/J not lasting and stuff... thats crap... helloooooo!!!!! "Not exactly".... we all know that it is them...
                She's definitely not writing the scripts. As for canon, Sam and Jack seem to 'work' -- seem almost cosmically drawn to one another -- in every other 'reality' that appears to exist out there. So her quoted remarks notwithstanding, canon itself contradicts that point of view.

.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunnaki
                  She's definitely not writing the scripts. As for canon, Sam and Jack seem to 'work' -- seem almost cosmically drawn to one another -- in every other 'reality' that appears to exist out there. So her quoted remarks notwithstanding, canon itself contradicts that point of view.

.A.
                  That's why it's such an odd quote. It makes no sense, even if she were personally against the ship.

Comment

Agreed, and she has enough couth not to disrespect him in front of Jack even if she really wanted to inside.

Poz
                    Last edited by SG1Poz; 18 September 2005, 07:05 PM. Reason: erroe

Comment

IMO-Once again AT talks before thinking and upsetting most of her support. How could she think that saying that they "did it" and then went their separate ways, generates any respect for her character. I'm 5 years older then AT and in our day a girl who hopped in and out of beds is called something and to say that about doing this to Jack who has done nothing but support Sam-another term is hooked to her character. Only making me wish (don't kill me) that Jack gets smart and goes back to Kerry, who right now is the only one that show any concern for our beloved Jack's welfare. That a woman who knew what she wanted and when to walk away without her tail between her legs. Can this be said about Sam?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                        IMO-Once again AT talks before thinking and upsetting most of her support. How could she think that saying that they "did it" and then went their separate ways, generates any respect for her character. I'm 5 years older then AT and in our day a girl who hopped in and out of beds is called something and to say that about doing this to Jack who has done nothing but support Sam-another term is hooked to her character. Only making me wish (don't kill me) that Jack gets smart and goes back to Kerry, who right now is the only one that show any concern for our beloved Jack's welfare. That a woman who knew what she wanted and when to walk away without her tail between her legs. Can this be said about Sam?
                        dont wrry i wont hurt you for saying that... i am a true shipper and nothing that Amanda says will ever disuade me from thinking that S/J can last

Comment

trupi your right.
                          Spoiler:
                          Kerry is looking better and better.Sam is starting to pale in comparison to Kerry.IMO there is no way Kerry would put up with the BS Sam has put up with.AT can say whatever she wants but it is not helping herself or the Sam character.AT is making Sam sound like Vala and that's not a good thing.If things keep going the way there going by the Time Sam and Jack get together we may all be wishing Sam stayed with Pete and Jack with Kerry.I'am not sure anymore if Sam is even good enough for Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                            trupi your right.
                            Spoiler:
                            Kerry is looking better and better.Sam is starting to pale in comparison to Kerry.IMO there is no way Kerry would put up with the BS Sam has put up with.AT can say whatever she wants but it is not helping herself or the Sam character.If things keep going the way there going by the Time Sam and Jack get together we may all be wishing Sam stayed with Pete and Jack with Kerry.I'am not sure anymore if Sam is even good enough for Pete.
                            my bleeding heart... this is a S/J thread people!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                              mmmm...what she says makes it seem as though the whole 4-5 years was nothing more than sexual tension. Was it not about learning each others quirks, likes, dislikes and the ever growing love for each other over those years? So now it's get it on, marraige and a quick divorce? AT's just tired of it.

Poz

Comment

I think I'am starting to understand why there is so much divorce in Hollywood.The Hollywood attitude seems to be about doing what feels good and if it does not work move on to the next person.

Comment

Working...
                                X