This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    for a hundred days i'd might have, "i still believe" from miss saigon, but i'd have a very different ending.

i'd also have most of the marius/cosette songs from les mis, only maybe without eponine's parts.

i might pick tony bennett "the way you look tonight".

queen "your my best friend"
    queen "love of my life"

i'll come up with more. (sorry you asked cathain?)
    Actually not at all!

Comment

OOOH OOHHH!
      the beatles "when i'm sixty four"
      matchbox 20, "if your gone"
      bon jovi "in these arms"
      bon jovi "i'll be there for you"
      bon jovi "always" (if for nothing other than the title)

i know, there's a lot of bon jovi in here. and there'll probably be more on the way too

Comment

matchbox 20, "if your gone"
        bon jovi "in these arms"
        bon jovi "i'll be there for you"
        bon jovi "always" (if for nothing other than the title)

i know, there's a lot of bon jovi in here. and there'll probably be more on the way too
        "can't get you out of my head" by either kylie or jack l. depending upon your preference.

bon jovi, "lay your hands on me"

there's more to come. i could probably go on with this for days! (sorry)

Comment

"crazy in love" by beyonce

"Sway" by bic runga

"i don't know how to love him" from jesus christ superstar

(just tell me when to stop)

Comment

ok, probably my last one (at least for tonight)
            monty pythons universe song from the meaning of life.
            but not for ship, obviously, so just to stay on topic;

sam and jack sittin' at a cabin... um... ok nothing goes with that, but the point is they're kissing!

now its after 1am here and i'm up for my first day back at college tomorrow, so wish me luck and pray i don't over sleep! please!

Comment

ok, probably my last one (at least for tonight)
              monty pythons universe song from the meaning of life.
              but not for ship, obviously, so just to stay on topic;

sam and jack sittin' at a cabin... um... ok nothing goes with that, but the point is they're kissing!

now its after 1am here and i'm up for my first day back at college tomorrow, so wish me luck and pray i don't over sleep! please!
              Okay thank you for all of the songs today - and have fun tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                I was one Happy Shipper when I heard
                Spoiler:
                Flannery was not going to be in the episode.TPTB still managed some Sam/Orlin Ship in the episode.TPTB are not going to let a little thing like Orlin being a Boy stop them from trying to push the guest Star and Sam Ship.SG-1 is the first Show that I recall really hating guest characters.I wonder why that is?I really would Pay good Money to hear Sam telling off one of her Man Friends.Barrett was the perfect chance.Maybe someone can write a Fic about Sam telling off one of her Man Friends.
                I don't mind the guys hitting on her, after all it is Sam. Just as long as she doesn't hit back.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Barrett would be ok as long as he never
                  Spoiler:
                  asks out Sam again.Barrett should have got the message Sam was not interested when Sam told Barrett to get off her in Smoke and Mirrors.IMO even Sam will probably tell off Barrett if he tries to aks her out again.I think even if Sam was not in Love with Jack Sam would not been interested in Barrett.IMO Sam has never showed any romatic interest in Barrett.

Comment

On the topic of Sam's "admirers," I was watching my new S4 boxed DVd set today and had sort of a revelation.

Looking back, I'm not so surprised anymore that Sam would let herself be domineered and stalked by She set up a precedent in 2010. (Cn a precedent be in the future? Well, you know what I mean.)

Her annoying and highly disrespect "husband" Joe was actually standing there making decisions for her right in front of her!! And yet she didn't say a single word.

Any self-respecting woman would have broken in, married or not, and said, "hold on a minute, this is MY decision!" To have Joe standing there treating her like a child rather than an adult who is his wife was pretty amazing.

But, maybe she has a predisposition to be that way with her men, and we've just never seen it because other than Jack - who respects her too much to treat her that way - the only men we've seen her with were *allowed* to. Specifically, Pete and Joe.
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Excellent point Mary.I hate to say it but IMO Sam still has a lot of growing up to do in terms of her Personal Life.Can anyone see
                      Spoiler:
                      Kerry letting someone do this to her?I think the problem is Sam tries to be Nice all the Time and there is a Time when you cannot be nice.Sam needs to be firm with these Guys once and for all.Sam does not have to scream and curse these Guys.Sam needs to set them straight or there never going to treat her with respect.This is one of the reason I feel Sam is not a great Leader.I think Sam from Season 1-6 was a great leader and everything went down hill with Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        I was one Happy Shipper when I heard
                        Spoiler:
                        Flannery was not going to be in the episode.TPTB still managed some Sam/Orlin Ship in the episode.TPTB are not going to let a little thing like Orlin being a Boy stop them from trying to push the guest Star and Sam Ship.SG-1 is the first Show that I recall really hating guest characters.I wonder why that is?I really would Pay good Money to hear Sam telling off one of her Man Friends.Barrett was the perfect chance.Maybe someone can write a Fic about Sam telling off one of her Man Friends.

Actually Sam did tell one of them off. In 2010 she let Joe ‘have it’ for conspiring'with the Ashen about the ‘population control...At leadt that's what he thought.Aschen's

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                        Okay I have a challange for anyone who'd like to take it...
                        Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham

If we were to create a S/J Soundtrack - what songs should / would be on it?

Is it possible to add the Sam and Jack love theme music/song?

Originally posted by Rogue
                        I don't mind the guys hitting on her, after all it is Sam. Just as long as she doesn't hit back.

In agree. Shopping’s fine as long as she doesn’t buy. I love that cliché!

Originally posted by Buc252
                        On the topic of Sam's "admirers," I was watching my new S4 boxed DVd set today and had sort of a revelation.

Looking back, I'm not so surprised anymore that Sam would let herself be domineered and stalked by She set up a precedent in 2010. (Cn a precedent be in the future? Well, you know what I mean.)

Her annoying and highly disrespect "husband" Joe was actually standing there making decisions for her right in front of her!! And yet she didn't say a single word.

Any self-respecting woman would have broken in, married or not, and said, "hold on a minute, this is MY decision!" To have Joe standing there treating her like a child rather than an adult who is his wife was pretty amazing.

But, maybe she has a predisposition to be that way with her men, and we've just never seen it because other than Jack - who respects her too much to treat her that way - the only men we've seen her with were *allowed* to. Specifically, Pete and Joe.

Again, in 2010, she did make a stand with Joe when she found out he was in cohoots with the population control. She never forgave him for that.

Poz

Comment

I don't really see it that way. Sam, IMO, is a highly intelligent person (genius), and its been my experience that people like that tend to let the spouse/partner handle most personal decisions. If a very intelligent man lets a woman handle everything outside of work, no one thinks anything of it. But when you turn the situation around and the woman lets the man handle everything, it may only seem like she has no authority when in reality she is reducing him to that "lesser person" sterotype. When watching Sam with Joe she really reminded me of a male professor (genius) I used to work with.

Which is another reason why I like Sam with Jack. She could be genius and Jack can play dumb all he wants, but he never came across as anything but Sam's equal.
                          sigpic
                          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                            [
                            Again, in 2010, she did make a stand with Joe when she found out he was in cohoots with the population control. She never forgave him for that.

Poz

Yes, but that was before Joe made his "demands" that Jack keep her out of it - when it was her idea! And when he did, she stood there and took it - she didn't object or fight him until the very end. She was ready to leave Jack, Teal'c, and Daniel to complete the plan by themselves while she went off with him. What I'm saying is, it should have never gotten that far.
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                              Is it possible to add the Sam and Jack love theme music/song?
                              Of course. I'm hoping to collect a whole huge list.

Comment

hey i honestly don't find fault with AT when that kind of thing gets published because i think its all taken out of context and paraphrased, and i would venture a gamble that on occassion these interviewers are very partial and leading in the questions they ask. i've never seen or heard anything on a dvd, or from any clips of cons that would indicate the kind of feelings conveyed in those "interviews" from AT.
                                Well, a friend of mine in the USA scanned in the Dreamwatch article for those who might wish to read it but not have it available in your market. I don't know how long it'll be online and this isn't a publicly accessible link so it probably will only be up for a few days. Here it is, anyway. Be warned, however, Amanda really is quoted as saying that Sam and Jack should ...
                                Spoiler:
                                get it on and get it over with; so they can move on with their lives seperately.

PAGE ONE:
                                http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005.jpg

PAGE TWO:
                                http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005a.jpg

PAGE THREE:
                                http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005b.jpg

Truly though, I wouldn't lose heart over these sorts of comments. A friend and I were (laughingly) joking the other day that there's an a Shakespearian quote from Hamlet (act 3, scene 2) which seems to apply to Amanda's quoted comments regarding Sam/Jack of late.

Spoiler:
                                "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

.A.

Comment

Working...
                                X