This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Ok.....still waiting on the family to get ready to go to dinner.....and to decide where they want to eat.

I don't think a single scene can do it. The last scene on the planet in Beneath the Surface is one I considered. I also thought about the Za'tarc scene and the "keep it in the room" scene that followed in Divide & Conquer. But finally, I decided on these two:

From Lost City, Part 2:

SCOUT SHIP. Jack is making adjustments to crystals in the engine core as Sam watches.
    O'NEILL: Give me your zat. (Sam hands over a zat and Jack shoots the crystals. The engine sound increases. Jack closes the zat and hands it back to Sam.) There you go.
    CARTER: Sir. I think you should know that General Hammond authorised me to take command of the team if I determined that you ...
    O'NEILL: Do it now.
    CARTER: Sir, I don't think that's necessary ...
    O'NEILL: I trust you. I'll make it easy for you. I resign. You're in charge.
    CARTER: OK. ... Sir, at your house before Daniel and Teal'c showed up, what I was gonna say was ...
    O'NEILL: I know. (They look at each other for a moment, then Jack slides the bank of crystals back into position.)

Classic Sam & Jack moment: The intensity, the emotion, the lack of words and the lack of action due to their joint sense of responsibility to the Air Force and the planet.

From Threads:

S.G.C. ISOLATION ROOM. Jacob is being visited by a couple of Tok'ra. Sam sits in the Observation Room watching them talk. Jack comes in and sits down next to her. He looks down at Jacob for a while, then speaks to Sam.
    O'NEILL: You OK?
    (Sam has obviously been crying a lot but for the moment her face is dry.)
    CARTER: Actually, I'm fine. Good, even, strange as that sounds. I thought I lost him four years ago. Since then, we've been closer than we ever were in my whole life. In a way, Selmak gave me the father I never thought I'd know.
    (Jack looks at her for a moment.)
    O'NEILL: C'me here. (He puts his arm around her shoulder. She reaches up and takes his hand and snuggles into his shoulder, rubbing her thumb against his hand. They sit and look at Jacob for a moment.)
    CARTER: Thank you, sir.
    O'NEILL (quietly): For what?
    CARTER: For being here for me.
    (Jack looks at her for a moment, then speaks quietly.)
    O'NEILL: Always.
    (Sam looks at him, then rests her head on his hand as she gazes at her father.)

This is the other watershed moment for me. The last time Sam had seen Jack before this scene was at his house when Kerry suddenly came out from the kitchen. She thinks he's still with Kerry. She doesn't realize that Kerry has had a talk with him, and has effectively outed him on his emotional attachment to Sam. She thinks he's there as he always has been.....for her as her friend. But when he says, "Always," and she turns to look at him, all the facts come rushing to her clearly in a nanosecond. She realizes that he's there as more than a friend, that he cares for her as much as he ever did, that Kerry is out of the picture and that he has just made a big commitment to Sam and only Sam. Squeeeeee! I just always try to keep this scene in mind, because from there, I know that they know that there's no going back!!!!

Ok.....they've picked a restaurant now. See you later!
    (((sg-1fanintn))) I couldn't green ya but I wanted to say that you presented two monumental scenes that best reflect the essence of Sam's and Jack's feelings leading to the inevitable resolution of their love in a romantic, intimate relationship.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Don't worry. You're not delusional or just making that up in your mind. When asked about the state of Sam/Jack ship, JM encouraged us to watch EDM. Ergo, Sam's statement is in fact related to the state of Sam/Jack ship.

Oh good, glad I wasn't only delusional on that one. *is happy* yesssss...

At least that gives me some small thing to be happy about. I'm afraid I really haven't been watching the show much lately. I tape them to watch later, but I haven't gotten around to watching the past three episodes yet... *blush* to me it seems like they're taking themselves a wee bit to seriously or something, I don't know, it's just not as fun. But that's a discussion for another thread. Really I think I just miss Jack. So hard to have Jack & Sam shippyness when one of them is missing.... LOL Ah well, he's there in my heart.
      "Now would be the time for me to say something profound... nothing comes to mind."
      --Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        i'm goin' with the staring scene in D&C/Upgrades.
        i think its pretty self expained but i'll just briefly refresh. it showed the team/friendship part, and also the deeper love in a non platonomy (its a word!) way. it showed the angst of not being able to express the fact that they are in love, and it the physical barrier between them was very symbolic. and not only does it represent their relationship at that point in the show. BUT! need i point out that the barrier drops in that scene and they run off home together. hhmm? hhmmm?

Spoiler:
        THEY ARE TOGETHER SHIPLETS! REST ASSURED!
        Ahhhhhhh, (((stargate barbie))) yet another deeply moving scene portraying Sam's and Jack's feelings about each other in the face of maintaining the honor due their rank and station as officers!!! Strength of character and strength of stopping cold their big, honkin' libidinous feelings!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm a big fan of the small moments between the two...a good example is the scene where Sam tried to explain wormholes to Jack.

I think if you add up the small moments/looks/exchanges...you get to build up a really complete picture of Sam and Jack and where they stand with each other. The love, respect and admire each other, yet manage to remain completely individual and have conflicting views on many things.

Just goes to prove that opposites attract!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Happy Birthday Billie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

spoilers for s9's fourth horseman

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              I guess if you had never seen the show before, that's what you would have thought. But I don't think any of us should be confused. We saw the "intimacy" between them in canon.....and it was definitely intimate, but it wasn't sex. I am much more likely (in any situation) to believe what I witnessed with my own eyes than what some revisionist tells me. Have no doubts, people. They weren't implying sex, although that scene sent the wrong impression to new fans.

and wrong impression to landry and lam, who thought sam was a pedophile or something. this is where i would have shouted out 'not like that!'

sally :|
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                I'm a big fan of the small moments between the two...a good example is the scene where Sam tried to explain wormholes to Jack.

I think if you add up the small moments/looks/exchanges...you get to build up a really complete picture of Sam and Jack and where they stand with each other. The love, respect and admire each other, yet manage to remain completely individual and have conflicting views on many things.

I LOVE THAT SCENE! sorry for shouting, but i do. its in "a matter of time" i think. and the looks on both of their faces, and the way they're talking all hushed, and graham simmons in the background looking like he's trying to listen in, as if they're speaking all intimate like.

*sigh* i love that episode. and later with cromwell and the whole, "wow she is..." "way smarter than we are, i know".
                there are a few nice shippy bits in that episode.

anyone else love "serpents song", when sam has a flashback and jack say's her name?
                and "secrets" for their entire interaction in the show? i could go on. but i shant.

Comment

Just read a beautiful Fanfic on GW called "Drowning" by Aeryn. Read it if you get a chance,it could happen to anyone!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by majorsal

spoilers for s9's fourth horsemen

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
                    did anyone else hate this moment?

landry - 'according to your mission report on your first encounter with orlin, you two had an... intimate relationship?'

sam fumbles and says 'uh, well, we did, but he didn't look like that. he was --'

lam interrupts 'taller?'

sam responds 'he was a grown man'

okay, is it me, or does 'intimate' refer to sexual? and if so, sam and orlin had sex? they had sex? sex? in the season 5 ep 'ascension'?

why couldn't sam have answered 'yes, but not like that'. nope, they gave the impression they wanted to give, courtesy of damian kindler. you know, the guy that co-wrote chimera, and ended up telling the s/j shippers that we wouldn't be happy with sam and jack getting together because we then wouldn't know what to do with ourselves?

sally

Delurking for that one

I think Sam was referring to the glowing thingie she experienced with Orlin at her place by the fireplace .

I saw a film like that when sex was just about glowing between 2 persons a human and a alien .

It was not sexual relationship in Ascencion but only intimacy . It may have felt that way though for Sam and Orlin . ..or at least it looked like it on screen and they both enjoyed it . I think this is what Sam is referring to .

Caty

I agree Caty, Sam also experienced the same (I’m assuming) feeling with Narim’s emoticon gadget . She showed the same emotions with Narim as with Orkin.. I mean Orlin. J

I'd like everyone to answer this question at length.

What scene do you think sums up the entire S/J relationship? I'm not talking just ship...I'm talking EVERYTHING...their friendship, their team relationship, their ranks, and of course, the ship...

So...make your answers VERY long, and defend your answer if someone disagrees

Moi? Have I a very long answer? There was more than one reason that I chose my signature J.

Personally, Threads had the greatest show of emotion not only in the scene
                    Spoiler:
                    with Jack and Sam in the observation room but also in the last fishing scene. I can now add those two little words, “Not exactly”
                    as a definite in summing up where they stand now
                    J

Poz
                    Last edited by SG1Poz; 17 September 2005, 05:33 PM. Reason: May be spoilers

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz

Personally, Threads had the greatest show of emotion not only in the scene with Jack and Sam in the observation room but also in the last fishing scene. I can now add those two little words
                      Spoiler:
                      “Not exactly”
                      as a definite in summing up where they stand now
                      J

Poz

(((SG1Poz))) I respond with one word, "EXACTLY!!!!"
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow a hour with no Sam / Jack love? Tisk Tisk

Spoiler:
                        Did anyone else think in 4th Horseman when Orlin is trying to talk to Sam about feelings again, that he still loves her, she looked sorry, like she's gone on to someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                          Wow a hour with no Sam / Jack love? Tisk Tisk

Spoiler:
                          Did anyone else think in 4th Horseman when Orlin is trying to talk to Sam about feelings again, that he still loves her, she looked sorry, like she's gone on to someone else?
                          Fourth Horseman
                          Spoiler:
                          I thought Sam really looked like she was considering telling Orlin she was seeing someone else (and we all know who! ), but decided that this information would really complicate things and she decided not to bring it up. That's my story, I'm sticking with it.
                          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I'll stick to that story too, cafine_us!!! :-D
                            "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                            and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                              Fourth Horseman
                              Spoiler:
                              I thought Sam really looked like she was considering telling Orlin she was seeing someone else (and we all know who! ), but decided that this information would really complicate things and she decided not to bring it up. That's my story, I'm sticking with it.
                              Agreed. I think
                              Spoiler:
                              Telling this man (who's clearly been in love with her for what? Five years?) that she's moved on wouldn't be a wise thing. Doesn't change the fact that we all wanted to hear the words though!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

Wasn't that wormhole explanation in A Matter of Time? I love that too! Even though it wasn't overtly shippy, the affection and attraction come through loud and clear!

You're right, sueKay! Sam & Jack are just perfect for each other, even though they're very different!

Comment

Working...
                                X