This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smea
    From what I have heard lately, I have a really bad feeling that Im not going to enjoy S9 when it starts here.

I dont understand why TPTB have left the ship so suddenly... after bringing it to the surface right at the end of S8, why drop it completely now? It doesnt make any sense.

Im just worried that Im going to lose interest in SG, and then S/J finally get together, and I'll have missed it
    what the heck are you talking about "when they finally get together"?
    Spoiler:
    apparantly ya already missed it, cos they ARE together!
    didn't ya see threads/moebius with
    Spoiler:
    the fishing. thats TPTB code for them getting together.
    this is a fact kids.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
      I have a question only other shippers can answer (because you all pay close attention to details). In the wedding photo from PoV was Jack in his dress blues? It kinda looks like it but all the pictures I can find are too dark to tell. I need to know for a fic I am working on.
      yes he was

Comment

Found this

http://hennevl.de/stuff/wallpaper/tuxatwork.jpg

not mine...don't know who's it is...

LOL

found this...an 'interview' I did in the run-up to threads...

Originally posted by sueKay

posted in March

*Shipper Town News update*

Reporter: With only a few fleeting hours left, we're going to catch up with another of the show's key players...None other than Detective Pete 'DP' Shanahan

Reporter: Well Pete...How are you feeling about tonights episode?
        Pete: Pretty mixed up I mean I meet-
        Reporter: Uh hu
        Pete: and I accidentally-
        Reporter: Oops
        Pete: So yeah that was-
        Reporter: I can imagine
        Pete: But yeah..plans for the
        Reporter: Cough Cough Cough
        Pete: Are going really well...what was the cough for?
        Reporter: It's hazardous for a shipper to hear you say that word
        Pete: What? We-
        Reporter: Burp
        Pete: nice...
        Reporter: So Pete...what does 'DP' stand for?
        Pete: It comes from some nicknames bestowed on me..The D stands for-
        Reporter: OOOkay
        Pete that was due to a comment I made on a box of-
        Reporter: Right....
        Pete: But the P comes from-
        Reporter: Uh?
        Pete: Apparently there's a resemblance!
        Reporter: Well Pete...thanks for stopping by! Anything you'd like to say to your fans?
        Pete: Yes...I'd like to thank Robert, Brad, Joe, James and my brother Peter for the support...I'd also like to thank my fan.
        Reporter: Thank you once again Pete Shanahan!

*end news report*

Pete: I have a feeling I'm gonna be single soon Are you free tonight?
        Reporter: No...I have to go...do stuff...I'm watching your sorry a$$ get dumped tonight!
        Pete: Right...I have a mercedes!
        Reporter: And I have a car phobia.

Fin!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

An here's the 'interview' I did with Jacob/Selmak

(so glad I found these!)

originally posted in March

*Shipper Town News Update*

Reporter: Now we are joined by another very special guest or two...None other than Jacob Carter and Selmak.

Jacob: Hi
          Selmak: Hello
          Reporter: So how are you feeling about tonight?
          Selmak: A bit blank to tell you the truth
          Jacob: Terrified I mean I meet-
          Reporter: I just did...my condolenses
          Selmak: We thank you
          Jacob: It's very distressing to see Sam do something so-
          Reporter: Cough
          Jacob:-stupid...sorry about the language
          Reporter: But another person's in the equation - Jack O'Neill
          Jacob: Now can I just say...Sam...when you go fishing for my Son in Law...Jack's great I mean he's cute...he's funny...he's housetrained!
          Reporter: So we can see who your preference is
          Jacob: Yeah...from what I've heard, Pete's a-
          Reporter: Yes
          Jacob: And a bit-
          Reporter: Yup
          Selmak: And he's so
          Reporter: Cough snort cough cough cough splutter
          Selmak: Huh?
          Reporter: We're live and this is a PG forum
          Selmak: Oops
          Jacob: Sorry about her...she's a very passionate snake
          Reporter: Now with regards to the real question...will Sam pick a potato or cake?
          Jacob: Cake? Where?
          Reporter: As Jacob runs after Jack in search of the truth (cake) we're left to contemplate a lot of things...Will Sam and Jack do the Horizontal Mamba? Is Pete a prat? And above all else - What's Jacob left for Jack in his will? My guess is a 5'9 blonde scientist!

*end report*

Jacob: So you say Pete was round here earlier?
          Reporter: Yeah
          Jacob: Can I borrow a heavy object and a Denver PD radio?
          Reporter: You don't need the radio...he's right over there!
          Jacob: Right...C'mere you little schmuck!!!!!!
          Fin!
          hee hee
          sigpic

Comment

And here's another one or two...

originally posted in March

*grabs microphone*

Today is the day that shippers in the United States find out the outcome of the story that's everyone's mind:

Stargate SG1 - Sam and Jack - Will they won't they?

Well here I am with a random Sam and Jack shipper from the states. Now Random shipper how are you feeling about the arrival of Threads in North America.

Random Shipper: Well actually you see I already know a lot about-
            Reporter: It must be frustrating knowing nothing about it
            Random Shipper: As I was saying there's this site-
            Reporter: That must be frustrating...do you know any details
            Random Shipper: Well I have some friends in the UK who told me every-
            Reporter: That's terrible...those Brits couldn't put you out of your misery?
            Random Shipper: If you'd let me finish the UK shippers told me-
            Reporter: Absolute squat...Typical.

Reporter: As you can see, with only a matter of hours before the resolution is made known, Shippers are getting a little bit tense. Here's Jack O'Neill and Samantha Carter to straighten things out!

Reporter: Hello Sam
            Sam: Hello Reporter
            Reporter: Hello Jack
            Jack: Such a great name that...reporter...so precise!
            Reporter: (girly giggle) Why thank you! Now...tonight's a big night for you...Any hint's on what will happen?
            Sam: Well really it's a culmination of many things over the past eight years and-
            Reporter: That'll be fascinating
            Jack: Yes
            Reporter: Is it tough having your 'dirty laundry' aired in public.
            Jack: Wooh! Carter...stinky!
            Sam: Well yes it is...I mean we try and be private people
            Jack: Working in Cheyenne does that to a person
            Sam: But tonight so many things happen I mean there's a-
            Reporter: Really
            Sam: And a-
            Reporter: Wow
            Jack: And I even get-
            Reporter: Damn
            Jack: So there ya go!
            Reporter: But I'm guessing the question on everyone's mind is...do we get cake?
            Jack: Where? There's cake?
            Reporter: As Jack O'Neill wanders off searching for the truth...we are left to ponder many things...many...many things. Sam...Jack...thank you.
            Sam: Thank you reporter.
            Reporter: That's all from shipper town news...now back to the Thread!

*the camera shuts off*

Sam: We get paid for this? Right???
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
              I agree with you Sally, I feel they were implying that Orlin and Sam had an "intimate" (sexual) relationship, and with her reply yes, we did, Oh boy!!!! Are we going to find out later that the same happened with Martouf and Narim???? I never did like the episode Ascension!!!!!!
              I guess if you had never seen the show before, that's what you would have thought. But I don't think any of us should be confused. We saw the "intimacy" between them in canon.....and it was definitely intimate, but it wasn't sex. I am much more likely (in any situation) to believe what I witnessed with my own eyes than what some revisionist tells me. Have no doubts, people. They weren't implying sex, although that scene sent the wrong impression to new fans.
              Spoiler:
              As I said before though why are TPTB still being so vague about the Jack and Sam relationship if they feel that in fact their relationship is now real? At least they did give us Sam looking and I suspect feeling uncomfortable when Orlin was discussing his feelings for her; but as Rogue said was it because she is in a relationship with Jack or because now Orlin sits before her as a boy and feelings that he is referring to for her to have as well would be oh so wrong......again vague, why?????
              It was both.....and more. It was his current age, her relationship with Jack, the fact that there was no reason to upset him with talk of Jack, etc.! She knew there was no chance of a child pursuing anything she couldn't handle, so she struggled with whether she should be truthful for a moment, and just decided to let it be! I'm certain that's all there was to it.

In response to Damian Kindlers remark about not knowing what to do with ourselves if we got the resolution we request for Jack and Sam, I would tell him that maybe I would be able to enjoy the show for what it is now rather than what I hope and anticipate it to be.
              I really like what you said here, nickatell. I'd tell him the same thing! TPTB have always been, and will probably always be, patronizing with us. I think they truly believe that RST doesn't sell. They're a bunch of men (not that I don't love men--I am, after all, married to one). I just don't like this herd's mentality on certain topics. They think we're more interested if we don't have a resolution. They don't understand (or don't believe) that there is still opportunity for plenty of angst and suspense through physical separation and threats to life. They're just exasperating, and I have concluded that they throw us bones only when they think it benefits them! So, try not to let them get you so upset. You're just playing into their hands and feeding their arguments when you do!

(* Jumps down off high stack of teetering soapboxes *)

I'm going to dinner now. I hope I won't come home to find myself pelted with rotten tomatoes for being so belligerant. I guess I was out in the hot sun at a community festival too long today. But I love you all, and I don't like to see you upset. So don't worry---be happy---and believe in what one of our own (trupi) has been able to glean from better sources.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                spoilers for s9's fourth horsemen

Spoiler:
                did anyone else hate this moment?

landry - 'according to your mission report on your first encounter with orlin, you two had an... intimate relationship?'

sam fumbles and says 'uh, well, we did, but he didn't look like that. he was --'

lam interrupts 'taller?'

sam responds 'he was a grown man'

okay, is it me, or does 'intimate' refer to sexual? and if so, sam and orlin had sex? they had sex? sex? in the season 5 ep 'ascension'?

why couldn't sam have answered 'yes, but not like that'. nope, they gave the impression they wanted to give, courtesy of damian kindler. you know, the guy that co-wrote chimera, and ended up telling the s/j shippers that we wouldn't be happy with sam and jack getting together because we then wouldn't know what to do with ourselves?

sally

Delurking for that one

I think Sam was referring to the glowing thingie she experienced with Orlin at her place by the fireplace .

I saw a film like that when sex was just about glowing between 2 persons a human and a alien .

It was not sexual relationship in Ascencion but only intimacy . It may have felt that way though for Sam and Orlin . ..or at least it looked like it on screen and they both enjoyed it . I think this is what Sam is referring to .

Caty

Comment

Okay...I've been reading the archive, and I really want a proper S/J talk now...

So....

I'd like everyone to answer this question at length.

What scene do you think sums up the entire S/J relationship? I'm not talking just ship...I'm talking EVERYTHING...their friendship, their team relationship, their ranks, and of course, the ship...

So...make your answers VERY long, and defend your answer if someone disagrees
                  sigpic

Comment

sueKay-Those 'interviews' are SO funny! I'd give you green but I don't think I can yet.

Spoiler:
                    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Okay...I've been reading the archive, and I really want a proper S/J talk now...

So....

What scene do you think sums up the entire S/J relationship? I'm not talking just ship...I'm talking EVERYTHING...their friendship, their team relationship, their ranks, and of course, the ship...

Ooh tough one. For me it would have to be the scene in Enemies when they are walking through Apophis's ship. When her asks her how she knows where to go.
                      I picked that one because it shows how comfortable they are with each other. He lightly teases her, she calls him sir, it just totally fits. I'm not sure other people would call it shippy, but to me it was.

Spoiler:
                      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Ok.....still waiting on the family to get ready to go to dinner.....and to decide where they want to eat.

I don't think a single scene can do it. The last scene on the planet in Beneath the Surface is one I considered. I also thought about the Za'tarc scene and the "keep it in the room" scene that followed in Divide & Conquer. But finally, I decided on these two:

From Lost City, Part 2:

SCOUT SHIP. Jack is making adjustments to crystals in the engine core as Sam watches.
                        O'NEILL: Give me your zat. (Sam hands over a zat and Jack shoots the crystals. The engine sound increases. Jack closes the zat and hands it back to Sam.) There you go.
                        CARTER: Sir. I think you should know that General Hammond authorised me to take command of the team if I determined that you ...
                        O'NEILL: Do it now.
                        CARTER: Sir, I don't think that's necessary ...
                        O'NEILL: I trust you. I'll make it easy for you. I resign. You're in charge.
                        CARTER: OK. ... Sir, at your house before Daniel and Teal'c showed up, what I was gonna say was ...
                        O'NEILL: I know. (They look at each other for a moment, then Jack slides the bank of crystals back into position.)

Classic Sam & Jack moment: The intensity, the emotion, the lack of words and the lack of action due to their joint sense of responsibility to the Air Force and the planet.

From Threads:

S.G.C. ISOLATION ROOM. Jacob is being visited by a couple of Tok'ra. Sam sits in the Observation Room watching them talk. Jack comes in and sits down next to her. He looks down at Jacob for a while, then speaks to Sam.
                        O'NEILL: You OK?
                        (Sam has obviously been crying a lot but for the moment her face is dry.)
                        CARTER: Actually, I'm fine. Good, even, strange as that sounds. I thought I lost him four years ago. Since then, we've been closer than we ever were in my whole life. In a way, Selmak gave me the father I never thought I'd know.
                        (Jack looks at her for a moment.)
                        O'NEILL: C'me here. (He puts his arm around her shoulder. She reaches up and takes his hand and snuggles into his shoulder, rubbing her thumb against his hand. They sit and look at Jacob for a moment.)
                        CARTER: Thank you, sir.
                        O'NEILL (quietly): For what?
                        CARTER: For being here for me.
                        (Jack looks at her for a moment, then speaks quietly.)
                        O'NEILL: Always.
                        (Sam looks at him, then rests her head on his hand as she gazes at her father.)

This is the other watershed moment for me. The last time Sam had seen Jack before this scene was at his house when Kerry suddenly came out from the kitchen. She thinks he's still with Kerry. She doesn't realize that Kerry has had a talk with him, and has effectively outed him on his emotional attachment to Sam. She thinks he's there as he always has been.....for her as her friend. But when he says, "Always," and she turns to look at him, all the facts come rushing to her clearly in a nanosecond. She realizes that he's there as more than a friend, that he cares for her as much as he ever did, that Kerry is out of the picture and that he has just made a big commitment to Sam and only Sam. Squeeeeee! I just always try to keep this scene in mind, because from there, I know that they know that there's no going back!!!!

Ok.....they've picked a restaurant now. See you later!

Comment

So....

i'm goin' with the staring scene in D&C/Upgrades.
                          i think its pretty self expained but i'll just briefly refresh. it showed the team/friendship part, and also the deeper love in a non platonomy (its a word!) way. it showed the angst of not being able to express the fact that they are in love, and it the physical barrier between them was very symbolic. and not only does it represent their relationship at that point in the show. BUT! need i point out that the barrier drops in that scene and they run off home together. hhmm? hhmmm?

Spoiler:
                          THEY ARE TOGETHER SHIPLETS! REST ASSURED!

Comment

LOL4JACK has been away on business in France and visiting family in Spain. We've been in touch because I promised to tape last night's episodes for her and I did! While in France she had a problem with her left leg requiring medical care. She is taking medication and improving. She asked me to share her greetings with all of her Shipper Family!!! She is returning to the US next week.

LOL4JACK:
                            I'm fine actually I'm in Barcelona, Spain visiting my brother who lives
                            here, drove 5hrs from France and Voila! here I am....

How was Scifi Friday? scoop, scoop, scoop... thousand thanks for taping.

Give a big hug to the shipper family for me, it's difficult to check out
                            because I don't have time and when I connect it's on dial-up, but I miss
                            all.....

Love,
                            Carolina
                            sigpic

Comment

Will post my tuppence worth in a mo...need to share these with you...just refound them

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X