• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    spoilers for s9's fourth horsemen

Spoiler:
    did anyone else hate this moment?

landry - 'according to your mission report on your first encounter with orlin, you two had an... intimate relationship?'

sam fumbles and says 'uh, well, we did, but he didn't look like that. he was --'

lam interrupts 'taller?'

sam responds 'he was a grown man'

okay, is it me, or does 'intimate' refer to sexual? and if so, sam and orlin had sex? they had sex? sex? in the season 5 ep 'ascension'?

why couldn't sam have answered 'yes, but not like that'. nope, they gave the impression they wanted to give, courtesy of damian kindler. you know, the guy that co-wrote chimera, and ended up telling the s/j shippers that we wouldn't be happy with sam and jack getting together because we then wouldn't know what to do with ourselves?

sally
    I hated it too Sally.
    Spoiler:
    And what kind of people would even think that Sam would be initimate with at little boy. I thought it was awkward and uncalled for. From what I remembered, Orlin and Sam touched minds. But they made it sound like they hopped in the sack. I lost alot of respect for Landry. He put Sam on the spot right in front of his daughter. Can't lose any respect for Lam because I didn't have any to begin with.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Ok, ok.....maybe it was
      Spoiler:
      intimate, but it wasn't like a sharing of bodies. It was a sharing of minds. Everyone had read the report, so I'm not going to let that reference bother me.

And I think we did get a little something tonight. From my perspective we did. When Orlin told Sam he still had feelings for her, she was clearly struggling with what to say. Why? Because she knows she's with Jack! I think she didn't respond any more clearly because:
      1. She didn't want to upset him. He was there to help, and she didn't want to distract him by talking about Jack.
      2. She knew she wasn't going to pursue or encourage anything, so there was no reason to rub it in his face that she's with Jack!
      3. She senses that he won't be around long, so why complicate things with talk of Jack?

Feel good, ship family! Everything is still on track. In the meantime, a little gift for you. We know now that Sam and Jack have moved beyond the barriers that forced them to hold back their feelings for so long. Now, they won't have to know the regret of the road not taken! And if that sounds a little shippy/sappy to you, it's because I'm just feeling sappy about them today!!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
        did anyone else hate this moment?

landry - 'according to your mission report on your first encounter with orlin, you two had an... intimate relationship?'

sam fumbles and says 'uh, well, we did, but he didn't look like that. he was --'

lam interrupts 'taller?'

sam responds 'he was a grown man'

okay, is it me, or does 'intimate' refer to sexual? and if so, sam and orlin had sex? they had sex? sex? in the season 5 ep 'ascension'?

why couldn't sam have answered 'yes, but not like that'. nope, they gave the impression they wanted to give, courtesy of damian kindler. you know, the guy that co-wrote chimera, and ended up telling the s/j shippers that we wouldn't be happy with sam and jack getting together because we then wouldn't know what to do with ourselves?

sally
        Yes, "intimate" does imply that. But if you remember the actual episode, you'll remember that Sam was actually uncomfortable with Orlin's feelings for her. Or that she did not feel as strongly about him as he did about her. So I would just totally ignore this scene.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Ok, ok.....maybe it was
          Spoiler:
          intimate, but it wasn't like a sharing of bodies. It was a sharing of minds. Everyone had read the report, so I'm not going to let that reference bother me.

And I think we did get a little something tonight. From my perspective we did. When Orlin told Sam he still had feelings for her, she was clearly struggling with what to say. Why? Because she knows she's with Jack! I think she didn't respond any more clearly because:
          1. She didn't want to upset him. He was there to help, and she didn't want to distract him by talking about Jack.
          2. She knew she wasn't going to pursue or encourage anything, so there was no reason to rub it in his face that she's with Jack!
          3. She senses that he won't be around long, so why complicate things with talk of Jack?

Feel good, ship family! Everything is still on track. In the meantime, a little gift for you. We know now that Sam and Jack have moved beyond the barriers that forced them to hold back their feelings for so long. Now, they won't have to know the regret of the road not taken! And if that sounds a little shippy/sappy to you, it's because I'm just feeling sappy about them today!!!!!
          But was she uncomfortable because
          Spoiler:
          Orlin is now a little boy or she is seeing Jack. Once again they are vague. Please just say it once!
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            But was she uncomfortable because
            Spoiler:
            Orlin is now a little boy or she is seeing Jack. Once again they are vague. Please just say it once!
            They will.....but this wasn't the time.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
              Spoiler:
              Yes, "intimate" does imply that. But if you remember the actual episode, you'll remember that Sam was actually uncomfortable with Orlin's feelings for her. Or that she did not feel as strongly about him as he did about her. So I would just totally ignore this scene.
              Spoiler:
              the whole way they set up the ep, with showing 'previously on sg1'... it implied sam/orlin ship. with orlin saying he loved her, and showing that glowy connection thing with sam saying 'wow'.

to me, they did just what they wanted - implied that sam and orlin were 'sexually' intimate in ascension. new to me, that's for sure.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                the whole way they set up the ep, with showing 'previously on sg1'... it implied sam/orlin ship. with orlin saying he loved her, and showing that glowy connection thing with sam saying 'wow'.

to me, they did just what they wanted - implied that sam and orlin were 'sexually' intimate in ascension. new to me, that's for sure.

sally
                Darn PTB! WHY?! Why must they mess with us like this? I am now very glad I decided to skip these episodes!!!

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Ok time for some shippy pics. . .

SuSiE_SG1
                  Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Ok, ok.....maybe it was
                    Spoiler:

((((sg-1fanintn)))) Love your "Regrets" pic!!! I agree with you, our Sam and Jack no longer have regrets. They are in a relationship! No matter how vague or how little TPTB give us, they are together! Missed opportunities in portraying this in these episodes?? Yep! But, it's there!!
                    sigpic

Comment

It bothered me as well Sally.There is very little on this Show that does not bother me.
                      Spoiler:
                      It really did sound Sexual with Sam and Orlin.

Comment

I'am glad I skipped as well.I may not watch another episode until the Season finale.I may not even watch the finale if[spolier] Jack is not in the episode.I have no time anymore for TPTB Games.When TPTB are ready to deal with the Sam and Jack Ship like Adults I may be back.This is the first Year I will have no problems with the long break.Lost will keep me Happy.[/spoiler]

Comment

I agree with you Sally, I feel they were implying that Orlin and Sam had an "intimate" (sexual) relationship, and with her reply yes, we did, Oh boy!!!! Are we going to find out later that the same happened with Martouf and Narim???? I never did like the episode Ascension!!!!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          As I said before though why are TPTB still being so vague about the Jack and Sam relationship if they feel that in fact their relationship is now real? At least they did give us Sam looking and I suspect feeling uncomfortable when Orlin was discussing his feelings for her; but as Rogue said was it because she is in a relationship with Jack or because now Orlin sits before her as a boy and feelings that he is referring to for her to have as well would be oh so wrong......again vague, why?????

In response to Damian Kindlers remark about not knowing what to do with ourselves if we got the resolution we request for Jack and Sam, I would tell him that maybe I would be able to enjoy the show for what it is now rather than what I hope and anticipate it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                            It bothered me as well Sally.There is very little on this Show that does not bother me.
                            Spoiler:
                            It really did sound Sexual with Sam and Orlin.
                            yeah... talk about rewriting history. if they couldn't slam us with up-to-date sam/orlin ship (because sean wasn't available), they rewrote what *really* happened between sam and orlin from s5's ascension.

sally :#
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9s fourth horseman

Originally posted by nickatell
                              Spoiler:
                              I agree with you Sally, I feel they were implying that Orlin and Sam had an "intimate" (sexual) relationship, and with her reply yes, we did, Oh boy!!!! Are we going to find out later that the same happened with Martouf and Narim???? I never did like the episode Ascension!!!!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              the way it was all presented, with landry and lam being uncomfortable with the idea that sam had been 'intimate' with a child... this is where sam should have said 'not like that' to them. but nope, must enjoy making the shippers suffer.

i'm not watching one single repeat of this half season. as a shippers *and* sam fan, there's not much there. and even if these last two eps last night had more sam in them than all the others combined, it ain't enough to compensate for the crappy/hurt ship feelings i'm experiencing right now.

sorry to bring everyone down.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Sally IMO your not bringing everyone down.Your telling it like it is.I really do not know what to think about
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam/Orlin right now.Last night is the perfect example of the problem with the Guest Star falling for Sam.TPTB can rewrite History and imply Sam had a fling with all these characters.IMO Sam is still coming off as weak.Sam needs to come out and tell these characters she is seeing someone if that is the case.Sam needs to stop feelings sorry for these Guys and give them a straight answer.Sam fumbling for an excuse is not getting it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X