Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, here's an article on GW Home by Joe. He comments on the Ripple Effect scenes that were cut for the sake of time. Here is an excerpt.
    Spoiler:

Scene 38: Black Mitchell and Black Carter scheme and disappear into the elevator
    We were watching the dailies of this scene over lunch one day when I saw something that made me choke on my turkey club. In more than one take, Black Mitchell and Black Carter discuss as they head toward the elevator and then, inexplicably, take one another's hand and step inside. As the elevator doors close, they lean in for a kiss ... What the hell? I went down to set and asked Peter DeLuise, the episode's director, what the thinking was behind that scene. He explained that he was just offering up a visual cue to the relationship being hinted at throughout the episode. Apparently, Peter had assumed that the references to AU Mitchell's dinner at the Hunan House (which didn't make the cut), AU Carter's pregnancy and honeymoon, all pointed to the fact that these two were "an item" An interesting interpretation I'd never thought of -- but not the one intended.

I admit that in the scene where
    Spoiler:
    Black Carter and Black Cam walk together to the elevator that there was a slight innuendo that Sam and Cam were an item. But, then I read this article. Clearly, I think Joe's intentions for the subtle Ship hints were about Jack.
    sigpic

Comment

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooo sorry! I misplace the spoiler slash. Please forgive me. I really didn't mean to let that out.

Comment

Did I fix it? Sorry. I hate spoilers and won't watch a show it it's more than 2 minutes into it. Any show. Drives my husband nuts because I'll holler "change the channel, I wanted to see that" if it's into the program.

Comment

Yep.It's obvious were being to logical.If you check the previews before the episode starts and if it sounds like there is no chance for
          Spoiler:
          Sam/Jack Ship in the episode that's when we will probably get something.JM also answered one of my questions.

Originally Posted by ses110
          Hi Joe,

As a Sam/Jack Shipper does an episode like Grace Under Pressure bother you and why do 99.9% of the Male guest Stars have to fall for Sam?Thanks

Not really. It was all in Mckay's head. 99.9%. Its more like 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            Ok, here's an article on GW Home by Joe. He comments on the Ripple Effect scenes that were cut for the sake of time. Here is an excerpt.
            Spoiler:

Scene 38: Black Mitchell and Black Carter scheme and disappear into the elevator
            We were watching the dailies of this scene over lunch one day when I saw something that made me choke on my turkey club. In more than one take, Black Mitchell and Black Carter discuss as they head toward the elevator and then, inexplicably, take one another's hand and step inside. As the elevator doors close, they lean in for a kiss ... What the hell? I went down to set and asked Peter DeLuise, the episode's director, what the thinking was behind that scene. He explained that he was just offering up a visual cue to the relationship being hinted at throughout the episode. Apparently, Peter had assumed that the references to AU Mitchell's dinner at the Hunan House (which didn't make the cut), AU Carter's pregnancy and honeymoon, all pointed to the fact that these two were "an item" An interesting interpretation I'd never thought of -- but not the one intended.

I admit that in the scene where
            Spoiler:
            Black Carter and Black Cam walk together to the elevator that there was a slight innuendo that Sam and Cam were an item. But, then I read this article. Clearly, I think Joe's intentions for the subtle Ship hints were about Jack.
            Spoiler:
            The director of the episode forgot that it was a different Carter (not Evil Carter) who was pregnant? Isn't he supposed to be familiar with the script? Evil Mitchell and Evil Carter are married, but serving on the same team? That sounds realistic. What's wrong with Peter?

Comment

Aw!

That last pic's lovely
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

parsifal Thank you so much for the caps!
                I love Jack O'Neill. That about covers it.

Glitz Gal
                http://www.ancientrealm.net/

Comment

there's deleted scenes just joe posted on ripple effect on the front page of gateworld. here's what is says in one part...

Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~

so, shippers, are they even taking away the married and pregnant thing from us?.....

i said this to a friend some time ago, but it's open season on shippers this season.

we've now got:

sam/orlin (from ascension)
                  sam/mckay
                  sam/martouf
                  sam/mitchell

*blacked out swear words*

sally :/
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    At least JM protested to the accidental Sam/Cam ship
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                      Did I fix it? Sorry. I hate spoilers and won't watch a show it it's more than 2 minutes into it. Any show. Drives my husband nuts because I'll holler "change the channel, I wanted to see that" if it's into the program.
                      "change the channel, i wanted to see that"? brilliant! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                        Spoiler:
                        The director of the episode forgot that it was a different Carter (not Evil Carter) who was pregnant? Isn't he supposed to be familiar with the script? Evil Mitchell and Evil Carter are married, but serving on the same team? That sounds realistic. What's wrong with Peter?
                        what's wrong with peter? he's still pissed at the shippers for hating pete shanahan.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

yeah, well. He knew it before he married me so he can't claim I sprung it on him. One or two other quirks, maybe. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            what's wrong with peter? he's still pissed at the shippers for hating pete shanahan.

sally
                            It's a bit late to cry now. When he got his brother that part, he had to know that character was going to be hated.

Comment

I agree completely, Majorsal.
                              Spoiler:
                              what was he thinking? Do they have no regs in his other alternate reality? One of them (evil team) has to be the CO and the regs would still apply. What is he smokin'?

Comment

Sally this is why I stopped watching.I could not take the
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam/other and no mention of Jack anymore.It sounds strange but it really helps that I do not watch the Show anymore, especially when something bad happens to the Sam/Jack Ship.If I did not see it, it softens the blow.When something good happens with the Sam/Jack Ship I'll watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X