X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheena
    Hi everyone!

As you can see I haven't done much posting - it's been manic with the start of the school term (I'm a teacher )

Suekay - love the "fantasies" sig!! That was great!!

Now (impatiently) waiting for S9 to start on Skyone so I can catch up on everything that's been happening - not that it sounds like a lot

Can someone tell me what UST and RST stand for?? I keep seeing it on posts and don't have a clue

Which episode is everyone voting for on Sky one for next week?? I wasn't impressed with last weeks choices (where was threads? where was grace?)but we seem to have some better eps this week, I just can't choose!!
    UST stands for Unresolved Sexual Tension. RST stands for Resolved Sexual Tension.

Hope I helped!

Spoiler:
    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
      Fly-by posting

I just saw that episode hihi New Order is cool It clearly came as a shock to her. Since this pic is somewhat of a spoiler and I am not mention anything revealing I don't need to put spoilers in here if somebody is asking.
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Anubis

I'm still kind of around . I was loggeg off the GW forum .I try to stay away as much as I can, doing other things and talk about other shows somewhere else just to keep my mind off the Sam and Jack ship but I p'med you about your question.

Caty

Comment

Thank you so much Caty Was feeling ignored in here Perhaps I am going to leave this place too !!
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
            Thank you so much Caty Was feeling ignored in here Perhaps I am going to leave this place too !!
            (((_Anubis)))

Sorry you are feeling ignored. There's usually so many different conversations going on in here at the same time, that it's quite hard to keep up with everyone!
            always and forever
            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
              I watched "Out of Mind" tonight for the first time with my rose-tinted ship glasses, and OMG!

1.)That scene where he puts his hand over her mouth, pulls her back to him and hides behind a column...S-Q-U-E-E-E-E-E-E-E! I love it that he doesn't just grab her/slap a hand over her mouth/yank her behind cover...he does everything very deliberately and gently! There was DEFINITE hair-sniffage, and they DEFINITELY extended that embrace waaaaay longer than was necessary. They really looked like they could have just stayed that way for awhile.

2.)He doesn't just ogle her nekkid back when she sits up...he ogles EVERYTHING...front, back, up, down...just appreciating her for as long as possible before saying, "Switch clothes with that guy." (the one he'd knocked out). Funny line, but OMG those roving eyes! Love how she notices him ogling and holds onto that blanket as if to say, "Don't get too excited, buddy."

3.)When she doesn't wake up immediately, he takes the IV out of her chest...again, that could have been awkward or clumsy, but he's sooooo careful and gentle about it. Ditto when he touches her shoulder (multiple times I might add ), and I love the way she touches his elbow in return. So sweet!

(Chronologically, I have these "moments" listed backwards...but shipperlogically, they're in perfect order. )

What a great shippy episode!
              Oh yeah, this would have to be one of my many fav Sam/Jack eps. Here's some pics.

[

Hope you enjoy them!!!!!!! Cause I'm sure Jack did.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I was watching 'Grace' today and I have to say that at the end when Sam is in the infirmary and she thanks Jack and he asks 'what for' and she says 'nothing'. When he replys I always get the feeling that he really wants to take her in his arms and plant a BIG HONKING KISS on her right there in the bed. It's just written all over his face, the love that he feels for this woman. SIGH & SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

sticking my head in for a minute. you guys remember this:
                  As many of you know, for the past 5 years, Legends Memorabilia has brought you Props and Costumes from the Stargate production studios. MGM then gave us a licence to produce a range of Stargate memorabilia items. In keeping with the high standards of the show, and knowing that you value quality, we have been diligently studying the viability of bringing you a selection of superior items that we feel would be of interest to you. These include: full size replica props, a range of miniatures, a new series of large format Limited Edition studio art prints, and a spectacular Stargate 'coffee table' art book.

Having now reached the stage that we are ready to introduce some of our new products to the market, we now feel it is important that we take one more step: to let you have your say in what else you would like to see. At the same time, we’d like you to tell us a little bit about what aspects of Stargate you like. This will help us to determine what you might like us to produce; for example, what art we should bring out as prints, or what props you would like to see as miniatures. We want to create things you'll treasure for years to come and to help achieve us this goal, we have prepared a short survey in which we would love to have you participate. This survey is now ‘live’ and can be found on our website at the following address:

http://www.stargateprops.com/survey.htm

Here you will find a few questions about you as a fan, as well as a section where you can tell us what you'd like to see in the future. We can't promise you'll get everything you ask for, but we do promise to listen!

This 'friendly' survey will not ask you for your name and address, and of course, your individual answers are strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third party. Our intention is to summarize and study the results in order that we may better understand the wishes of Stargate fans worldwide. So if you have a few spare moments, please let us know what you think.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your collective support of Legends Memorabilia over the years. We look forward to bringing you something special: we can’t wait to find out what it’s going to be.

Sincerely,

Paul Brown
                  President
                  Legends Memorabilia Inc.
                  #104 6360-202 St.
                  Langley, BC, Canada, V2Y 1N2
                  Tel: 604.534.1410
                  Fax: 604.534.5110

___

well, anyway, a friend of mine has gotten a response from them. she mentioned the sam/jack wedding pic from pov. seems that they originally had 3 of them, two of which have been sold for MASSIVE sums. they are wanting to get the third signed by both rda and at and sell it....and you know that that little collectible will go for thousands of dollars

they are also considering reproducing and selling unsigned versions which, of course, would be significantly cheaper. however, it couldn't hurt if anyone that was interested in that, let them know that fact.

if they get hundreds of fans saying that they'd like it, then it could increase the likelihood that folks would get it.

so, if you have a minute and would like to let them know, that's sweet (if you'd just like to express your opinion on another matter that's perfectly swell as well)

and if you know any shippers who'd like to take the survey, please pass it on

we could POSSIBLY have a chance to convince these folks to come out with a collectibe that, well i personally, would love to have.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ddn't you posted the same thing allready skydiver?
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                      Ddn't you posted the same thing allready skydiver?
                      Maybe... but I think it's worth reposting !

That wedding pic would be really great ! A 'must have' for every shipper !
                      Now that I think about it... have AT or RDA or anyone else ever said a word about that shooting ? Cause they seem to have so much fun in that pic, it must be a good memory for both of them
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Don't worry. You're not delusional or just making that up in your mind. When asked about the state of Sam/Jack ship, JM encouraged us to watch EDM. Ergo, Sam's statement is in fact related to the state of Sam/Jack ship.
                        i LOVE being reminded of that! sally
                        I have about five seconds free to pop my head in here, but this reminded me of anti-Sam/Jack argument I saw some time ago, I can't even recall where. I wasn't personally involved; I just read it. Frankly, I feel the same way as ÜberSG-1Fan, but the person arguing against Sam and Jack said something to the effect that in his/her opinion the two of them had only ever had friendship between them. And then something boring about "canon". I'm sure that's a popular argument among those who disagree with Sam/Jack. My immediate thought however was ...... if that's true, what did the scene in "Threads" mean, when Sam showed up at Jack's home before she found him with Kerry? If Sam and Jack have only platonic feelings for one another, then why would Sam show up at Jack's house to tell him she's having second thoughts about her wedding (to Pete)? Why involve Jack at all? Well, he's her friend, so she's just there for moral support (says the anti-shipper). OK ... but then she goes on to say that her reticence has something to do with Jack himself; something to do with a "thing" she wants very much to tell him, before she loses her nerve. What is that "thing", pray tell? Not surprisingly, I've never seen an Anti-Shipper explain that particular "canon" moment away. Because it's not possible to do so. Clearly, Sam was there because of her feelings for Jack. And yet ...... there's still a whole platoon filled with people who believe the two of them have never felt more than friendship towards one another. I suppose to each his own. Perhaps they're watching an alternate-universe version of Stargate: SG-1, on a special channel that the rest of us don't get.

.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunnaki
                          I have about five seconds free to pop my head in here,
                          4, 3, 2... lol Sorry. Had to!

...... if that's true, what did the scene in "Threads" mean, when Sam showed up at Jack's home before she found him with Kerry? If Sam and Jack have only platonic feelings for one another, then why would Sam show up at Jack's house to tell him she's having second thoughts about her wedding (to Pete)? Why involve Jack at all? Well, he's her friend, so she's just there for moral support (says the anti-shipper). OK ... but then she goes on to say that her reticence has something to do with Jack himself; something to do with a "thing" she wants very much to tell him, before she loses her nerve. What is that "thing", pray tell? Not surprisingly, I've never seen an Anti-Shipper explain that particular "canon" moment away. Because it's not possible to do so. Clearly, Sam was there because of her feelings for Jack. And yet ...... there's still a whole platoon filled with people who believe the two of them have never felt more than friendship towards one another. I suppose to each his own. Perhaps they're watching an alternate-universe version of Stargate: SG-1, on a special channel that the rest of us don't get. .A.
                          Hear, hear, hun. Now get back to work!!!

Seriously, I think the problem is plain old DENIAL for some people. They don't want it, so they choose not to see it. Similarily to how some of us chose to deal with the character of Pete Shanahan (myself included!!). Couldn't stomach the thought, so I banished him from my island. All though, even when I tried to watch objectively, I just never saw sparks between AT and DD. I saw more of a connection between she and SPF(Orlin). Then again, who wouldn't have a connection with SPF - YUM!

Mini(geek)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I have about five seconds free to pop my head in here, but this reminded me of anti-Sam/Jack argument I saw some time ago, I can't even recall where. I wasn't personally involved; I just read it. Frankly, I feel the same way as ÜberSG-1Fan, but the person arguing against Sam and Jack said something to the effect that in his/her opinion the two of them had only ever had friendship between them. And then something boring about "canon". I'm sure that's a popular argument among those who disagree with Sam/Jack. My immediate thought however was ...... if that's true, what did the scene in "Threads" mean, when Sam showed up at Jack's home before she found him with Kerry? If Sam and Jack have only platonic feelings for one another, then why would Sam show up at Jack's house to tell him she's having second thoughts about her wedding (to Pete)? Why involve Jack at all? Well, he's her friend, so she's just there for moral support (says the anti-shipper). OK ... but then she goes on to say that her reticence has something to do with Jack himself; something to do with a "thing" she wants very much to tell him, before she loses her nerve. What is that "thing", pray tell? Not surprisingly, I've never seen an Anti-Shipper explain that particular "canon" moment away. Because it's not possible to do so. Clearly, Sam was there because of her feelings for Jack. And yet ...... there's still a whole platoon filled with people who believe the two of them have never felt more than friendship towards one another. I suppose to each his own. Perhaps they're watching an alternate-universe version of Stargate: SG-1, on a special channel that the rest of us don't get.

.A.
                            I didn't really like how Threads was written. Too many holes for me. But for me it boils down to the fact that
                            Spoiler:
                            Kerry broke up with Jack because of his feelings for Sam. She called him on it and he didn't deny it. She walked out of his office and he didn't chase after her. If Sam and Jack had only platonic feeling toward each other, Jack would not have let Kerry walk out the door.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                              I was watching 'Grace' today and I have to say that at the end when Sam is in the infirmary and she thanks Jack and he asks 'what for' and she says 'nothing'. When he replys I always get the feeling that he really wants to take her in his arms and plant a BIG HONKING KISS on her right there in the bed. It's just written all over his face, the love that he feels for this woman. SIGH & SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
                              Yep, that's pretty much how I feel about it too! I also love the bit where Teal'c is 'trying' to get Jack to talk about it in the locker room. He doesn't have to try very hard... Not that Jack bares his soul, but what he does say is quite significant...by Jack's standards, anyway
                              always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                4, 3, 2... lol Sorry. Had to!

Hear, hear, hun. Now get back to work!!!

Seriously, I think the problem is plain old DENIAL for some people. They don't want it, so they choose not to see it. Similarily to how some of us chose to deal with the character of Pete Shanahan (myself included!!). Couldn't stomach the thought, so I banished him from my island. All though, even when I tried to watch objectively, I just never saw sparks between AT and DD. I saw more of a connection between she and SPF(Orlin). Then again, who wouldn't have a connection with SPF - YUM!

Mini(geek)
                                Exactly! I can see how some people might want to deny the s/j ship is there up to season 4, because it was very subtle. But after that, it is canon.

I tried to be in denial re Pete. Didn't work very well, but I did try. I didn't see anything resembling a spark between AT & DD either. Glad it wasn't just me...
                                always and forever

Comment

Working...
                                X