Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I feel better hearing that because I was worried that some virus had commandered my laptop!!! I hope I don't have trouble uploading on Fanfic!
    sigpic

Comment

Is that a hint, Nell? Are you getting ready to send us some new reading? I hope so!

Comment

Wow! This is post #12,000 for our thread!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
          Phew! I’ve caught up on the last 10 pages and here are some of my thoughts.

What do I call the ship? I prefer to say Sam and Jack but will say Jack and Sam at times. I will never morph them together! That’s just weird! The closest I’ll come to morphing is Sam/Jack or Jack/Sam or S/J. (For some reason I don’t use J/S. Hmm, wonder why?)

End the show with resolved Sam/Jack or keep the show going with little shippy hints? I would be happy if they directly acknowledge the ship at the end of season 9 and then keep the show going without any Sam/Jack ship after that. Oh, that wasn’t a choice? Okay, then end the show with season 9 with a Sam and Jack resolution worthy of our respect. I don’t want them to continue to write shows with Sam/Jack UST because they don’t know how to write it anymore. So I would prefer it if they would just stop. I will still watch the show without S/J ship. Well, I will if they actually start to use the Stargate more and the Prometheus less and make a quick end of the Ori story. But that’s just my feelings and I’m only one teeny, insignificant fan.

I am one that would not want a wedding on the show. I would rather it just be mentioned, either directly or indirectly. I prefer the show to not be so tight with the personal lives of the characters. I like to keep it professional with a few personal tidbits. That’s how the first four seasons went and that’s what hooked me into the show. But that doesn’t mean I would be opposed to having a nice snuggly hug and kiss!

I started to watch the Friday marathon and when they got to the scene on the ship and they cut it, I got livid. I turned the television off. I’m really starting to hate the SciFi channel. They are already screwing up the promos by showing key scenes.
          Spoiler:
          ” The bomb isn’t in the building. The bomb is the building.” Knowing that from the promo just completely deflated the effect of that whole sequence.
          Is SciFi trying to drive away the viewers?

In that picture from Threads (or is that from Moebius?) with Sam and Jack on the pier. I can’t help but notice the negative body language. Their legs are crossed away from each other and Sam is even slightly turned away from Jack. I know the PTBs are deep into visual references, so I can’t believe this is unintentional, but am I being too critical? Maybe I wouldn’t think so if Jack would have put his hand on Sam’s arm when he said, “I told ya!” I don’t need tons of soppy mushy love stuff, but just a little teeny confirmation every now and then would be nice. And now I just made myself nuts wondering if there is a difference between the two scenes! And I have to wait until October when I get the s8 DVDs so I can check this out.

Last but certainly not least: ÜberSG-1Fan, WooHoo ! Your video is absolutely T-rific! (And you have my favorite Sam/Maybourne scene in it!)
          Well, they are supposedly fishing and I venture to say they should be turned even more away from each other in order to make decent casts without having their respective lines tangle up. Maybe that's all their body language represents. But I agree, it would have been nice to have a little physical show.

Comment

OK, shameless self-promotion time!!!! I just uploaded a short, sweet, Sam and Jack romance/humor piece on GW Fanfic titled, "What Say We Head Home?" If I tell you anymore, it will be more words than the story itself!!! Hee, hee!!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/whatsay.html

I hope this links you to my story!
            Last edited by nell; 04 September 2005, 09:43 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
              While I wouldn't have to see a wedding I would like a way to confirm that they on their way to something permanent. At the least I'd settle for a kiss. But why do those dreaded two words "soap opera" have to come up everytime "wedding" is discussed or even love or romance? Soap operas started on radio in the 1930's. Love and romance were in movies from their beginning, yes, even in sci-fi and that was long before soap operas started, unless so called "melodramas" are considered soap opera forerunners. Maybe we should call Ryac's wedding soap opera. Sorry, but I vent when those two words are brought up.
              i feel the same way. i used to watch soaps years ago, but stopped when i graduated. but i also feel frustrated when someone talks about normal-life things (like getting married and such) and makes it sound disgraceful and/or boringly pathetic. i know that's not what others are saying here, but i didn't find ryac's wedding melodramatic and i know sam and jack's wouldn't be either. behind this, i really do understand what ppl are scared of, but i wish soaps would stop getting the bumbs rap because i feel behind them, they're just pieces of true life.

also, i don't 'need' to see their wedding, i'd like like to.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                OK, shameless self-promotion time!!!! I just uploaded a short, sweet, Sam and Jack romance/humor piece on GW Fanfic titled, "What Say We Head Home?" If I tell you anymore, it will be more words than the story itself!!! Hee, hee!!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/whatsay.html

I hope this links you to my story!
                Nell, I just read it.....and this is a scenario I could see happening. As Jack would say, "Sweet!"

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i would LOVE to see a wedding between them on the show! am i the only one?

i love *seeing* romance, and i can't think of a bigger romantic moment than watching two ppl that have longed for one another for 9 years finally making the biggest commitment of their lives...

*cue wedding march*

dearly beloved, we are gathered here to celebrate the union of samantha elisabeth carter to jonathan charles o'neill....

*sighs dreamily*

sally

LOL Awww Just realised they all ready have pictures of them being married Just look at my Sig Banner! lol That's all I need... just for them to one day do make it in this reality... but I'd prefer a BHK any Day!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2423983/1/

Thought I'd share with you my little fic....
                  Reading Instant Message now shhhh Okey, read it! Great stuff! Continue soon. Reading "What Say We Head Home?" - Ha! Cute! Damn, I wish I was Sam
                  Last edited by Equinox; 04 September 2005, 11:37 PM.
                  EQUINOX

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                    All I can say is, don't count your chickens before they've hatched. With all the extra characters, and AT coming into the show late, I have a feeling they're going to shaft the Sam fans in the same way that they've shafted the shippers.
                    I still can't believe she gets second billing behind Browder. That is just wrong on every level. I don't care if her role is reduced because she's a new mother-- 8 years on the show should count for something. RDA still got first billing when he cut back his involvement. It seems so sexist. [/soapbox]

Ex Deus Machina
                    Spoiler:
                    I glad some of you could get something out of Sam's line, but this shipper thought it was a smack in the face and I was really p!$$#/. I haven't been watching 9 seasons of Stargate to hear "not exactly." What a f****** bullship tease. I hate being played. I hate TPTB. And I hate that this is still an issue.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

oh yeah a wedding with jack and sam ... i hope we all can see in stargate this wedding^^.

(hope my english is ok for you . i must more learn^^)

i have found a wonderful size with many pictures from sam and jack here is one of this pics

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

WOW! huge Pic! your english is just fine Thanks!

oh oh Speekin of pictures.... and art... and Sam and Jack I made this...
                        well, at the moment it's Teal'c and Jack... I'm still making Daniel and Sam... lol

Yeah... lol it's evolving into a story... Sam and Jack story of corse
                        EQUINOX

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                          I still can't believe she gets second billing behind Browder. That is just wrong on every level. I don't care if her role is reduced because she's a new mother-- 8 years on the show should count for something. RDA still got first billing when he cut back his involvement. It seems so sexist. [/soapbox]

Ex Deus Machina
                          Spoiler:
                          I glad some of you could get something out of Sam's line, but this shipper thought it was a smack in the face and I was really p!$$#/. I haven't been watching 9 seasons of Stargate to hear "not exactly." What a f****** bullship tease. I hate being played. I hate TPTB. And I hate that this is still an issue.

ship sistah

((((shipsistah )))

Hold my hand because I think exactly the same as you . The Sam and Jack ship has become a joke for TPTB . They are just happy to throw a crumb every there and then for the shippers to bite on it but you can just see that they don't give a damn about it . Now they are careful though because they know that shippers will not buy the DVD's if they don't get a crumb ..so obliged , they throw one from time to time to keep the memento and the desesperate shippers
                          I think the ship is now awful just because TPTB refused to settle it properly in season 8 and I just could see it coming .Without Jack around I guessed they would take the opportunity to just forget about it and drop a crumb on the floor to be picked up by us Sad ..so so sad

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            ((((shipsistah )))

Hold my hand because I think exactly the same as you . The Sam and Jack ship has become a joke for TPTB . They are just happy to throw a crumb every there and then for the shippers to bite on it but you can just see that they don't give a damn about it . Now they are careful though because they know that shippers will not buy the DVD's if they don't get a crumb ..so obliged , they throw one from time to time to keep the memento and the desesperate shippers
                            I think the ship is now awful just because TPTB refused to settle it properly in season 8 and I just could see it coming .Without Jack around I guessed they would take the opportunity to just forget about it and drop a crumb on the floor to be picked up by us Sad ..so so sad

Caty
                            That is sad! I don't want crumbs, I don't want one cookie, I WANT THE WHOLE PLATE!
                            EQUINOX

Comment

Hello Shippers

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with an on-screen wedding. I'd prefer to see them watching the wedding video the day or two after. I just don't see Jack and Sam doing to the whole white dress-flowers-big ceremony deal. I could see them either at the registry office or Justice of the Peace, or a nice little garden ceremony attended by their very very close friends. And instead of a huge reception, a little BBQ at their new home with Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, Cassie and maybe Bray'tac and Thor with beers and hotdogs That's just my opinion anyway.

Watched Message in a bottle again. Love the whole hand holding scene. Good stuff.

Please Please Please vote for my pic in the amanda tapping contest
                              Last edited by gate_girl12; 05 September 2005, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme

Ex Deus Machina
                                Spoiler:

ship sistah
                                ((ship sistah))
                                I know how you feel. They give us bits and pieces to keep us watching. They had a chance to end it properly in Season 8 then move on. They claimed that it would be resolved at the end of 8. But they are still playing games with us.
                                Spoiler:
                                They didn't even care enough to tell us where Jack was going!
                                If they keep dragging this out, people will stop caring. There are alot of people out there that are bored with the Sam and Jack relationship. They were shippers at one time, but got tired of waiting.

So far Season 9 has been so-so for me. What I would give to see a good old SG-1/Jaffa fight right now. I find the Ori boring.

I was shocked to see that Sci-fi had cut the Sam/Jack ship scene in Lost City. I guess they needed extra time to show the Male Enhancement commerical. And I am with UHSIR, SCI-FI channel stop giving the show away when showing the promos.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X