X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anunnaki
    Oh, Sally. Don't cry sweetie.

You know what it is? Authors like that take the quotes they feel make their point for them. It's not a very balanced perspective sometimes.

But Amanda's not anti-Sam/Jack. She's anti-Sam/Weakness. And she can sound a bit mercurial when she's quoted in books and articles sometimes. I really think it's just the way the authors there are getting their own points across.

.A.
    I just wrote a long rant on this topic, and was probaby fortunate that GW froze up on me and didn't post it. Oh, I still feel every word of it, but it definitely would have gotten me bashed by the AT fans.

Sufficie to say say, I don't believe it's the authors - I believe it's AT and only AT, and I've lost all respect for her. At this point, after all her talk about how wonderful was, I wouldn't go next *door* to see her in person.

I love Sam a lot, but right now, that doesn't apply to AT. Sally, I'm with you 100% and send my biggest hug for the damage this has done to your spirit. I grasped at straws to support her for a long time, and I'm done. I've reached my limit.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

eoin-girl-it is a good thing i have a strong heart.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
        eoin-girl-it is a good thing i have a strong heart.
        lol.. i take it you got curious and clicked on my sig clicky hehe
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Just thinking about UST and RST, and how TPTB keep telling us that once Sam and Jack get together, they would never be able to go through the gate together again. I thought of one really good example of action, comedy and romance mixing on TV. I'm sure other shippers can remember others, but how many remember the show, Hart to Hart ? It was a McGyver era show, also on ABC in the States. Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers starred as a wealthy married couple who stumbled over and solved mysteries (usually murders) together. It did very well for several years, and although the ST was resolved, it was incredibly sexy, and the adventure never suffered. Who can think of other successful shows that featured RST?
          (((sg-1fanintn))) You know I remember Hart to Hart!! Here's another...
          McMillan and Wife with Rock Hudson and Susan Saint James!! Police Commissioner and wife solve murder mysteries and are happy and sexy together, too. Same era. But, I'm having a hard time coming up with more contemporary shows. Probably because I don't watch much TV. Or, maybe UST is too popular and couples that work together and are sexy together don't seem to sell. Well, it's all in the writing, I say!
          sigpic

Comment

Yep, McMillan & Wife was another! It CAN be done!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              Wonderful post, Anunnaki! I knew you'd be a good addition here. And I will tell you that it's very rare that majorsal gets upset, because she sees the "long view" better than almost all of us.

C'mon, Sally, cheer up. She's right. It's been proven more times than we can count. Some authori is just trying to establish her own point of view. Sam and Jack are together, and Rick and AT will eventually resolve their story for us. Keep the faith, sweetie!!!!!
              i'm feeling better now, with the help of my friends.

i really want to thank everyone that's sent me messages and greens. you really are a family, you know. thank you.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                Just popping in before i head off to work bc i heard something yesterday that i thought only you guys would appreciate.

There i was standing at the bar (where i work) and i hear two guys comparing fishing to sex Made me laugh bc i instantly thought of Jack and Sam
                Ok, now you have me curious! Care to explain the comparison?? BTW...

And

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  i totally agree, if i were AT i'd probably get sick of being asked the same question every single time i gave an interview. and i'd try as many varying answers as possible to try to discourage more of them. for all we know TPTB could be asking her to say stuff to throw us off the trail. and i also find that a lot of these published interviews tend to distort and paraphrase quotes so that they don't really relay the true opinions of the actors. that or they tend to use really out of date answers and try to put a new spin on them.

here's a question,
                  has AT ever said anything really negative about s/j ship at a convention? and i mean that we have proof of and wasn't transcribed by a complete anti shipper.

i once read a few different reports and tidbits from the one convention, by shippers, anti shippers, noromos and those who didn't give a monkeys, and it was like the anti shipper and the shipper were at completely different conventions and the others were leaning slightly more towards the shippers perspective on things but were somewhere in the middle.

it's amazing how the personal bias of a person can determine how such things are depicted. and thats why i tend not to buy into most of these magazine interviews and whatnot.

and finally, i know that my opinion at a given time can be at least partially dependant on my mood, the time of day, whether or not i'm hungry, who i've been hanging around with and what they've had to say, if i'm sleepy, bored, grumpy, bashful and any number of other dwarfs. If and i stress IF, amanda tapping did actually say anything even remotely negative about ship, it could be for countless reasons and i wouldn't worry about it because i do firmly believe that she does like the idea of it as long as it doesn't take over the character and become the most important thing about who she is.

that was way longer than i had anticipated. well done to anybody who made it to the end, cos i certainly didn't..... wait, how does that work.
                  First of all, I used the Stargate Barbie clip at the end of my video...where Amanda's fussing with her "Carter Special" and turns and says, "I'm Stargate Barbie and we're ALL GONNA DIE!!!"

Just thought I'd point that out in case that drives you over to the AT contest site to vote for my video. DAILY.

Second...I agree entirely with what you've said here. Amanda's NEVER to my knowledge EVER said anything negative about ship at a convention. She smiles as the fans cheers and answers as best she can. Listen to her at the most recent convention she's attended:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...at_samjack.mpg

I don't think she hates Sam/Jack ship. She's the one who gets all giddy about it in audio commentaries. I think she wants to ensure that Sam is more than JUST Sam/Jack though...and I can dig that.

Hey...we get Kickbutt!Sam for Season 9 with a subtle reference to ship. Fine. But the future for Sam/Jack is wide open...thanks to EDM we KNOW they're together, even if they're going to be vague about it FOR THE TIME BEING...and I still have hopes for that BHK I've been clamoring for FOR FOREVER...

So whereas I'm sorry not everyone here loves how things have turned out, I for one am happy there's still a ship to cheer for AT ALL (remember they could have killed our hopes entirely and had her marry that DeLuise guy who I'd better not mention by name, for fear of being pummelled by a barrage of snowballs thrown by fellow penguins)...and I look forward to future Sam/Jack moments.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolfCharlie
                    Hi everyone! I have been a lurker in these threads forever and finally decided to come out of my hiding place. I am still in Stargate withdrawal...well I mean Sam/Jack withdrawal. As those know came out of it briefly a couple weeks back but then it got worse! So anyway couldnt stand the wait for more SJ so decided to preorder season 8. Got 1 day shipping to. 1/3 the price of the dang DVD for it! Oh well.

SierraGolfCharlie
                    To the Shipper Family!!

Sam and Jack withdrawal, eh?
                    Take one of these...

With two of these...

Feeling better??
                    Anyway so I know will enjoy chating with you all...or in otherwords watching you guys chat. Well have to go back to the ever present and OH SO WONDERFUL world of *drums please!* Homework...Aghh! Stop thowing tomatos! College is so much worse then High School....yea getting OT.
                    Join us when you can after homework!
                    So will get out of all your hairs now *shuffles away* *curtains fall* *pokes head out of curtains* Forgot to add RDA withdrawal to! ...... You had to put the tomato on my face didnt ya? HMM? HMM?! *pokes head out of view*

BYE!!!!..For now lol.
                    Awwww...you got RDA withdrawals too?? Well, here's something for that...

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                      This is my first post here so please be nice to me
                      My first task is to post a pic of a sam/jack moment
                      and my second task is to get to know ye
                      and my third task is to fit in

So first off Hi Everybody
                      and now the pic
                      Us be nice???
                      OK!
                      Welcome to the Shipper Family!!
                      If you love Sam and Jack, you'll fit in!
                      HAVE FUN!!

Token ~

Comment

majorsal-I'm glad you're feeling better and thanks for the warning about the books. I have the first three and was planning on buying that one. I will not waste my $16.00! And if you're still feeling bad, go watch WoO. That always makes me feel better.

About AT: Doesn't she realize that it is basically us fans who keep the show on the air? If WE didn't watch the show would be gone! Thus, she would be out of a job! She should quit upseting the fans! I like the character of Sam (mainly because I'm a lot like her. The scientist part. SO not the military part.) but AT the person is totally acting like a (insert swear word here)!

Now if you'll excuse me I am going to go hide from the AT fans.

Spoiler:
                        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Oh! I have been brought out of my withdrawal!...for awhile that is! Thanks Token! Good pics!

BTW ty so much for the welcome to you all!

EION... JEEZ! Lol. That was crazy! My grandmother..who I live with was in my room and I said to watch it with me so we were lol. I reacted like a doctor tapped my knee with that instument he uses. My foot kicked my desk(HURT!) and I screamed..really squealed but still it is very late here. Mygrandmother dropped all the clothes she had in her hand and REALLY screamed!

So good one! Soooo not expecting that!....for that matter look forward to more...in a veryyyy bizzare way
                          Kayla adimant believer in Sam and Jack screwing the regs...or eachother

Comment

Well last night i had nothing better to do being the school holidays and all so i came up with these, this is my crappy attempt at using microsoft paint LOL.

this one is of the wedding night LOL

SuSiE_SG1
                            Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

Comment

Jack has wondering eyes!

SuSiE_SG1
                              Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

Comment

Token that's just fantastic! Innocent looking lemon cookies with penguins on the box I'm gonna smile all day just thinking about it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X