• Show
Clear All

LOL, love it!

M.G.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo
      So the ship isnt looking good for Season 9 then? Oh well, we must live off fanfic.

and like we aren't already?!!!!!
      Ship Nana

Comment

Sam and Jack are just cooling off. This is the asgard swimming pool

pic either fr rda-4ever or rdanderson site

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          For me, I know that Jack and Sam are together meaning that they won't get involved with other people because they are accepting the fact that they are involved with each other; the problem I have is after waiting 8+ years this is all we get? Okay, okay a lot of changes in Season 9 and an especially big one RDA not a regular anymore (hard to type) and as shippers we wait for the proverbial crumb to be tossed our way in Season 9 that will keep our hope flames lit; but come on
          Spoiler:
          Vala pregnant!!!!!!!! How come whenever we want romantic scenes between Jack and Sam it is considered "soap operaish" but yet we can have romantic scenes between Sam and Pete, Teal'c and Ishta, and our current two some Daniel and Vala and that is considered sci-fi storytelling????? I know it is all a game with TPTB they knew by not giving us a big honkin kiss that we would still want more, and they are right. The fact that Jack and Sam are together is great and about time, but the fact that we didn't get to SEE any of it is very disturbing; it would be like watching our team heading out to defeat the System Lords for the last and final time but instead of finding out what happens the show ends and at the beginning of the next episode we learn through Daniel that the team has since broken up but that we did win and everything is fine, totally unfulfilling. We know the key parts, we won, but we didn't get to witness it for ourselves and go through the emotions so therefore maybe it didn't happen.

I know for myself that whenever I watch any of Marimba's or Caty's videos I see and feel the potential and yes I KNOW that they are together but somehow ??????????

For those of you who are satisfied with Threads being the resolution, more power to you; but I want more; but will we get it?? that is where the eternal flame of hope keeps burning.
          And that is what the TPTB are counting on the "eternal flame of hope". It keeps us J/S shippers watching the show, hoping we will finally get a proper resolution.

I too believe they are together. But will we ever get a kiss or even a non-vague acknowledgement? I think it is time for TPTB to step up to the plate!
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Just a dumb question here...

...but if Sam/Thor Shippers are called SMORS...

...are Sam/Jack Shippers called SMACKS???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I agree, great post. But yeah, I would like to see Carter crawling out of a pentagon supply closet, with tousled hair and an "I JUST DID JACK" t-shirt on.

Actually, I would just like a non-vague acknowledgement. Something that cannot be interpreted in 100 different ways.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Just a dumb question here...

...but if Sam/Thor Shippers are called SMORS...

...are Sam/Jack Shippers called SMACKS???

LOL.. thats great.. if thats the case, Im a complete smack head
                Sam&Jack
                ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

i'm sorry to hear your polar bear died. my leprachaun died last week, and then someone ran off with me lucky charms.

i'm glad you posted this, because it pretty much spells out how i feel about this. i loved threads for this reason, although i do think they perhaps should have made it a two parter so that they could dedicate more time to the jaffa and jacob story lines. but from a shippy point of view i think it was the episode i've been waiting for, and moebius as a follow up was just gravy.

Comment

Fabulously said!
                    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Just to let you know...I'm going to be temporarily leaving GW...just to chill and such

I start University on Monday, and I've got a lot of stuff to do.

I'm out of my shipper groove at the moment...to get that back I need to stay away from S/J specific threads and watch loads of S4 again.

I'm also doing a lot of site maintenance at the moment...have a proper account and I'm trying to set up a an automated fanfic archive and loads of other stuff...

So...if anyone needs me...pop into http//www.stargate-intel.tk forums or Mala's world in OT chat.

Suz
                      xxxxx
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by smea
                        LOL.. thats great.. if thats the case, Im a complete smack head
                        i too love smack. i'm also somewhat fond of jam, but i understand most people are not. i like smors, but only when i'm in a silly mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali888
                          Is this a protected thread, or can non-Jack/Sam shippers give their side of things?
                          I'd love to say the more the merrier, myself. But I think the purpose of this thread would quickly end up obscurred by a battle over the fundamental (and age-old) disagreement between shippers and non shippers.

That's one of the reasons I suggested non shippers might wish to skip this thread entirely. Because it isn't about the fundamental argument of whether Sam and Jack love one another (I've put that forth as a given); it's about which moments during THREADS can effectively (and correctly) be interpereted by shippers as canon acknowledgement of a pending exploratory relationship for Sam and Jack (after the episode completed).

I'm certain there are a lot of very logical points of view vis-a-vis the "non-shipper" sect regarding how to alternately interperet the episodic canon of "Threads", but I don't think this thread is a great place for those points.

If you're a shipper, and you disagree with me, then by all means, I'm happy to discuss that. But if you're not a shipper--you'd fundamentally disagree with me, and that I'm not very keen on 'having out', so to speak. I know where it would end up, so I'd rather skip the pre-amble and agree to disagree in advance.

Really. I'm scared of the flame war. Scared like a little girl on Neetu...

.A.

Comment

Yeay! I knew it Im not mad

This is where my mind has been at since Threads, Anunnaki you hit the nail right on the head, I certainly couldnt have put it better Your post has really cheered me up, Thanks

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SES110 AND LOL4JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post a graphic later....I need to make one first!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Just to let you know...I'm going to be temporarily leaving GW...just to chill and such

I start University on Monday, and I've got a lot of stuff to do.

I'm out of my shipper groove at the moment...to get that back I need to stay away from S/J specific threads and watch loads of S4 again.

I'm also doing a lot of site maintenance at the moment...have a proper account and I'm trying to set up a an automated fanfic archive and loads of other stuff...

So...if anyone needs me...pop into http//www.stargate-intel.tk forums or Mala's world in OT chat.

Suz
                                xxxxx
                                Oh, sueKay we'll miss you.
                                But have a great time on Monday and when you finaly emerge from freshmans weeks and are setled in come back and tells us how you're doing

Comment

Working...
                                X