This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc
    BrenRen, I have to disagree with you, I took something completely different from that answer!

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."

Yep, I agree with everything you said.
    That's exactly how I understood his answer.
    And actually it sounds quite positive, because with "just" he makes it sound like something natural and completely legitimate, something for that it is absolutely okay to exist in this show.
    There were times when it seemed like it's not, so I'm satisfied with what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      I can't believe I was right!! It's kinda scary!! The spoilers for "Crusade" are on GW.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...scrusade.shtml

Here is my post I made which was pure speculation at the time...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=10795
      Wow Token, you have the gift of clairvoyance!!
      Does this make you a god(ess) now??
      Either that or your starting to think like TPTB...oooohhhh that's scary
      I'd rather be a god(ess)
      OK everybody.....

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
        You were right?!?!?
        So Jack is really a woman???
        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Ok, here we go.... The interview was done by Darren Sumner.

Question: Tell us your overall impression of season eight and how you wrapped it up. Are you happy with it?

Mallozzi (edited based on what I found interesting ) : "You know what? I think actually season eight was one of my favorite seasons. () At the end of every season I always go over and rate the seasons according to my favorites. Season four has always been my favorite. () Season eight comes a close second. I think it goes four, eight, seven, six, five." <snip> "We wrapped up the Goa'uld. I think we wrapped up the Sam/Jack 'shipper' debate..." ( please!)

Martin Gero: "And the Sam/Pete..."

Mallozzi: "Yeah, we wrapped up the Sam/Pete. We put that to bed, thank God. I was never a big fan of the Sam and Pete thing. You know I just find them so clingy and annoying when they were together." ( Too right!)

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall

Wow, you have a sign for everything.

Comment

((((((((((((BrenRen))))))))))))) I gotta keep you happy!! I can't have one of my favorite Ship writers in a rant! Let it all out!

I notice that JM didn't say that they are "just attracted to one another". He said they are "drawn together". I like that! It means they can't help themselves! They have been trying for 8 years to resist the urge to be completely together. What is a love story anyway? To me, it is when two people are "drawn" together, who overcome obstacles to eventually be together. Han and Leia were drawn together! They were from different backgrounds with different life directions. Leia tried to push Han away by critizisim, namecalling and playing the "Luke angle"; but she couldn't help herself! The UST was well played!

JM gave some good quotes from the recent Stargate Magazine that I have been meaning to post. I gotta do that! *wanders off to find article*

Token, you are a goddess!!!

All hail the goddess of Ship and optimism!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                ((((((((Token)))))))))

Thank you Token!

I definitely feel better now... Well, Ship-wise that is!

And I still adore Joe, he's the single saving grace for the ship in the dredge of stargate-writer-universe. ((((((((JM)))))))
                I'm sorry you are feeling sick! I'll send Dr. Jack right over!

I'm glad at least one of TPTB show his Shipper nature. It's interesting that JM said in his thread that Robert Cooper is responsible for
                Spoiler:
                "not exactly"
                I'm considering sending him a "Thank you" card. I'm sure he doesn't get many of them.

And of course, I still adore Sam & Jack... and fear not, I have no plans to give up the fic-writing anytime soon! And if & when that day comes, I'll be sure all my Danlging WIPs are nice and neatly tied up!
                THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anything worse than dangling Ship???

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  Finally had chance to watch the Vids MB and SNY have posted recently. Great job!

MB - I haven't seen Amanda in anything other than Stargate, so it was really strange to see her as journalist! Was the P-90 hiding just out of camera shot? I loved it

SNY - I love your tribute vids. You captured the essence of the ep - that Sam had to let go the things that were preventing her from finding happiness. I loved the way you cut from Grace saying "I don't want anything, but you do." straight to the infirmary and Sam and Jack smiling at each other. Also, it really hit me watching your vid when you cut from Jacob saying to Sam to "let go" to Jack coming to talk to Sam that tptb were blaming Sam's lack of a love life on Jack. When really the "hidden truth" was that he was the solution!
                  Amanda's been in a lot of things beside Stargate.

Of course I included Stargate in the clips, but for the record, I also included clips of her from the following:

The Outer Limits (The Joining)
                  Due South (Starman)
                  Life Or Something Like It
                  Traffic
                  Earth Sea
                  The Haunting of Lisa
                  Booty Call
                  Degree of Guilt
                  Newsroom (Dinner at Eight)
                  Stuck
                  The Void
                  X-Files (Avatar)
                  Kung Fu: The Legend Continues (Shaolin Shot)
                  Millennium (Borrowed Time)
                  Rent-A-Kid
                  Danielle Steel's Rembrance
                  Proof Positive
                  Black Top
                  What Kind of Mother Are You

As far as Stargate goes, I included the following clips:
                  Several behind the scenes clips
                  Director's series clips
                  Cut scene from Heroes 2
                  "Maybourne, you are an idiot" scene from Foothold
                  "Teal'c reads tabloid" scene from Point of No Return
                  "Geek!Sam berates herself" scene from Moebius 1
                  "Geek!Sam gives thumbs up" scene from Moebius 1
                  "Sam in awe of event horizon" scene from COTG
                  "Jack shoves Sam through the Gate" scene from COTG
                  "Sam gets promoted" scene from New Order
                  "Sam and Jack salute" scene from New Order
                  "Sam tests duplication device on plane" scene from Foothold
                  "Anubis!Sam kicks guard in the chest" scene from Lockdown
                  "Jolinar!Sam whacks Jack in the head" scene from ITLOD
                  "Pilot!Sam flies F302" scene from Covenant
                  "Geek!Sam and Geek!Daniel watching video" scene from Moebius 1
                  "Jolinar!Sam dying" scene from ITLOD
                  "Sam watching Wormhole Xtreme footage" from Wormhole Xtreme
                  "Geek!Sam leaves Jack's boat" scene from Moebius 1
                  "Sam gets snarky with McKay" scene from Redemption 2

There are also several interview clips as well as two clips of Amanda winning awards...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Waterfall, stop it!! It just so happens that I'm feeling in an optimistic mood! "It's an honor to serve."

I still can't believe my absurd speculation about Vala seems to be coming true. Thank goodness they didn't do it to Sam!! Let's hope that isn't the only story or the finale will suck!

Token ~

Comment

i actually feel ok if not good about what JM has said. i don't think the "just" part of the answer should be read into too much at all. i don't think anything in stargate is nor should it be a "love story" as such, but having elements of a love story is beneficial to making the characters more human, so long as it is done so in a way that does not make the characters seem less believable. and i believe that, with only a few exceptions in 8+ years, they have managed to do this on stargate.

s/j is the only stargate pairing that i have ever really shipped for. even in atlantis i can see good potential between certain characters, but i don't give a monkeys if they get together or not as long as whatever happens is dealt with well.

Spoiler:
                      and as far as i'm aware, AT mentioned in jest that sam and jack talk on the phone. in a very cute way i might add. so i don't think we'll be hearing any phone conversations. although i do really hope that RDA comes back at the end of the season, but only if they do actually acknowlege the ship. even if its only with a look of a brief touch as in the briefing scene in moebius. but i now doubt as to whether he will or not.

so.... while i do hold out some hope for more shippy bits, i'm relatively happy with what we've gotten so far, and i wont hold it against TPTB unless the sink the ship.

anyway, i've been typing for a while now, and i've forgotten what my original point was, so i'm gonna stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                        You were right?!?!?
                        So Jack is really a woman???
                        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!!!!!

Oh.....you meant Vala's
                        Spoiler:
                        pregnancy
                        ....*phew*
                        tried to green you but it wont let me. i was about to type up something very similar to this.

i can't believe all this time i've had the hots for a chick!

Comment

heya guys !! just stopping by to say that I just talked to Carolina (LOL4Jack) on the phone, and that was great, I can't wait until sunday ! cause she's leaving the thread to come in France !! yay !
                          anyway I love my family !!! (((((((((((((((family)))))))))))))

Lynn...wow ! you sure understand what S&J go through with such a life !!! 6 years and then 9 years !!! how many babies ? I hope you'll catch (or already caught) back the time you "lost" I'm sure it's what S&J would/will/are do(ing)

about JM comments, I do not worry...the first one does not sound as bad too me...
                          Spoiler:
                          "it's all for now", well that means there is more to come, and that's great news

ok, going to read some fics, I hope you'll find a good long one Carolina

MB I sure voted for your vid it's GREAT !

SNY haven't had time to watch yours yet..got to look for it on my other hardrive

SueKay, great family site, but too bad we can't sign the guestbook without being a member...can't you change that ??

Comment

I read the spoilers for "Crusade" and thought I'd take a crack at predicting what's gonna happen in season 10 (if there is a season 10) so I was thinking...WHAT???
                            Hey, it worked for Token!!

Spoiler:

Vala is pregnant and she has no idea how she got that way until the Asguard come clean and tell SG-1 that there was some kind of "transporter malfuntion" when they all beamed up to the Prometheus together and that due to the naquida in both Vala's and Sam's blood and due to that "joining thingie" that it caused the beaming accident and the baby Vala is carrying is really Sam's!!
                            When Sam is pressed about the baby's father and the Asguard find out that it's Jack's they decide to mount a rescue mission to get her because time is swiftly running out for them and their genetic problems and this child could be the answer that they seek.

WHAT??? ....yeah, I'm on vacation this week...ahhh, too much time on my hands...but I'm a shipper, I can dream, can't I???

waterfall

Comment

Ok, here we go.... The interview was done by Darren Sumner.

Question: Tell us your overall impression of season eight and how you wrapped it up. Are you happy with it?

Mallozzi (edited based on what I found interesting ) : "You know what? I think actually season eight was one of my favorite seasons. () At the end of every season I always go over and rate the seasons according to my favorites. Season four has always been my favorite. () Season eight comes a close second. I think it goes four, eight, seven, six, five." <snip> "We wrapped up the Goa'uld. I think we wrapped up the Sam/Jack 'shipper' debate..." ( please!)

Martin Gero: "And the Sam/Pete..."

Mallozzi: "Yeah, we wrapped up the Sam/Pete. We put that to bed, thank God. I was never a big fan of the Sam and Pete thing. You know I just find them so clingy and annoying when they were together." ( Too right!)
                              Yup. Debate over.

They're together...and there's no debating that.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Waterfall, stop it!! It just so happens that I'm feeling in an optimistic mood! "It's an honor to serve."

I still can't believe my absurd speculation about Vala seems to be coming true. Thank goodness they didn't do it to Sam!! Let's hope that isn't the only story or the finale will suck!
                                but it's a compliment....I swear!!!!
                                I like the way you try to keep everyone optimisticly shippy!!!

waterfall

Comment

Working...
                                X