• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Hey! You never know!!!

More speculation!
    Spoiler:
    JM did say that Jack wouldn't come back this year; he didn't say Jackie wouldn't show up!!
    *sticks fingers in ears*

"I can't hear you! Lalalalalalalalaalalalalaaaaaaaaa.."

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      Hey! You never know!!!

More speculation!
      Spoiler:
      JM did say that Jack wouldn't come back this year; he didn't say Jackie wouldn't show up!!
      Oh that made me laugh so much that someone just popped their head in my office to ask what was so funny!!!!

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Finally had chance to watch the Vids MB and SNY have posted recently. Great job!

MB - I haven't seen Amanda in anything other than Stargate, so it was really strange to see her as journalist! Was the P-90 hiding just out of camera shot? I loved it

SNY - I love your tribute vids. You captured the essence of the ep - that Sam had to let go the things that were preventing her from finding happiness. I loved the way you cut from Grace saying "I don't want anything, but you do." straight to the infirmary and Sam and Jack smiling at each other. Also, it really hit me watching your vid when you cut from Jacob saying to Sam to "let go" to Jack coming to talk to Sam that tptb were blaming Sam's lack of a love life on Jack. When really the "hidden truth" was that he was the solution!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          F. I don't want to answer that question because if I drive you nuts, I'm certain you'll tune in.

I think this is the most likely answer, and the sad thing about it is, it works and has for me for 9 yrs now.....

waterfall

Comment

Oh good grief! I just read the spoilers for Crusade. Maybe I should just cut my loses now and find something else to watch on Friday night.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
              Oh he's in a very talk ative mood tonight.

JM says, and this one doesn't need a spoiler tag...

Quote:
              Originally Posted by majorsal
              hi, joe,

here's a question i've wondered about for some time. do the writers of stargate consider the sam/jack relationship as a love story, or just two ppl that are attracted to one another, etc? i'm just trying to understand the whys and wherefores on this issue.

sally

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."
              Damn.

Just when I thought they couldn't, wouldn't sink any lower... They go and say *that*. I'm sorry, I know many many family shippers here managed to see that in a positive light, and I really don't wanna take away from that, but...

They have just completely and thoroughly cheapened and degraded what I have long said was one of the best in sci-fi history, ranking right up alongside Han and Leah, and Mulder and Scully... But not anymore. With that little statement, they have as much as said, it didn't mean squat, the feelings aren't that deep at all, and, just as I suppose I should have expected from a show totally and thoroughly geared for the young male demographics, all about sex.

Gee, to think that I had believed their story was all about Love.

Respect.

Honor.

Duty.

Deep, abiding faith, trust, and true admiration.

Sacrifice.

I guess I was as much the fool as Pete.

Only two words come to mind now: "Never again."

[/Rant]
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen please ignore JM comments. Italian men are raised to annoy. When you have lived with Italian men as long as I have (raised with 2 brother, 2 male cousins and my father and uncle) you start to ignore any comments because the typical Italian men loves to annoy (there is an Italian word but don't know the spelling). They get pleasure when you yell back and turn red. They do it more! Lets take a breath and go on a merry shipper way-----and remember to ignore and smile!
                sigpic

Comment

(((Bren)))

Completely agree...

as for
                  Spoiler:
                  Vala's pregnancy

That's what the Peacekeeper wars are for...NOT supposedly top-notch sci fi.

Well...They've already lost me as a viewer...I have s1-7 on DVD and that'll do me fine!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

BrenRen, I have to disagree with you, I took something completely different from that answer!

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                      Ladies and Gentlemen please ignore JM comments. Italian men are raised to annoy. When you have lived with Italian men as long as I have (raised with 2 brother, 2 male cousins and my father and uncle) you start to ignore any comments because the typical Italian men loves to annoy (there is an Italian word but don't know the spelling). They get pleasure when you yell back and turn red. They do it more! Lets take a breath and go on a merry shipper way-----and remember to ignore and smile!

((((Trupi))))

Finally!!! Someone who can understand what I'm going through every day!
                      I whole-heartly agree! The angrier you get the happier they are.
                      Stay calm...that makes them angry! muhahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        (((Bren)))

Completely agree...

as for
                        Spoiler:
                        Vala's pregnancy

That's what the Peacekeeper wars are for...NOT supposedly top-notch sci fi.

Well...They've already lost me as a viewer...I have s1-7 on DVD and that'll do me fine!
                        ((((((((((SueKay))))))))

Thanx for the support!

They've completely lost me as both a viewer and supporter.

The only universe remotely related to them is the world of fanfic, where we can actually get it right.

I've also come to the decision that I absolutely *HATE* Robert C Cooper. I totally blame him for the destruction of the Ship. I went over to the eps section to take a look at the writing teams....

Before I go any further on this, I'll warn ya,my head's really foggy with a sinus infection/bronchitis comob...

In my not too humble opinion, there seems to be two major writing camps: Robert, the anti-ship camp, and Joe, the Ship camp, and the other writers and directors seem to take their cues accordingly in developing the script and filming. I am also basing this on the various interviews, posts, and other comments that have come directly from these people.

I can practically hear the writers meetings as they determine the stories for the season... and the *discussions* ensuing as the two camps do all they can to *compromise* with regards to the ship. And much to my disgust, Robert won. He ekpt the ship to the back burner as much as he could, and fruthermore did everything possible to twist those shippy moments into something negative, or bittersweet at the very best.

I'm done with SG1. As done as I am with X-Files; I rarely even bother to watch those reruns, and I adored that series for a very long time. I still enjoy the fanfic though! Just as I will continue to do with Sam & Jack.

[/Rant #2]

Thank you very much for letting me get that off my already full-of-enough-crap chest!
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                          BrenRen, I have to disagree with you, I took something completely different from that answer!

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."
                          It's the "Just" and the implied denial of the "Love Story" that upset me.

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their own view. I'd be the last person to blast anyone for disagreeing with me... I'm too used to being disagreed with to let it bother me anymore. Getting older and wiser also comes with thicker skin.

Besides, discussion isn't that interesting when everyone agrees.... then all you get to read is page after page of "me too!"... Not much fun there!

Long live the Ship, all the same!
                          Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          ~
                          My stories!
                          ~

sigpic

Comment

((((((((((((BrenRen))))))))))))) I gotta keep you happy!! I can't have one of my favorite Ship writers in a rant! Let it all out!
                            here's a question i've wondered about for some time. do the writers of stargate consider the sam/jack relationship as a love story, or just two ppl that are attracted to one another, etc? i'm just trying to understand the whys and wherefores on this issue.

I notice that JM didn't say that they are "just attracted to one another". He said they are "drawn together". I like that! It means they can't help themselves! They have been trying for 8 years to resist the urge to be completely together. What is a love story anyway? To me, it is when two people are "drawn" together, who overcome obstacles to eventually be together. Han and Leia were drawn together! They were from different backgrounds with different life directions. Leia tried to push Han away by critizisim, namecalling and playing the "Luke angle"; but she couldn't help herself! The UST was well played!

JM gave some good quotes from the recent Stargate Magazine that I have been meaning to post. I gotta do that! *wanders off to find article*

Token ~

Comment

((((((((Token)))))))))

Thank you Token!

I definitely feel better now... Well, Ship-wise that is!

And I still adore Joe, he's the single saving grace for the ship in the dredge of stargate-writer-universe. ((((((((JM)))))))

And of course, I still adore Sam & Jack... and fear not, I have no plans to give up the fic-writing anytime soon! And if & when that day comes, I'll be sure all my Danlging WIPs are nice and neatly tied up!
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

BrenRen,

I'm with you. An unending willingness to justify the producers' choices (or lack thereof) only enables their idiocy. Makes shippers look like doormats as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X