This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i want the sam/pete scenes from the first half of chimera for sam and jack. hand holding, making out, waking up in bed together, walking hand-in-hand, dancing, ogling one another... it was everything i'd always fantasized about sam and jack, and it was about fifteen minutes worth of screen time in one bloody ep.
    *sniff, sniff* That's what I want too! Fair is fair!

Comment

My take on the "Amanda talking about Sam and Jack issue" thing:

She's probably sick to death of the topic.

I mean, it's a great flavor for the character...to have her experience a situation where she's dealing with feelings for Jack, not knowing how to handle it, responding poorly, blah...blah...blah...

But just like any seasoning, it's meant to be taken in small doses. When that's all a character is reduced to (or seems to have been reduced to), I imagine it can get tedious for her as an actress to have to deal with this one issue ALL THE TIME.

I honestly wouldn't read a ton into this Sal. Amanda's vascilated on this issue quite a bit. I mean, I've seen her talk about the fact that Sam and Jack should NEVER get together...and then I've seen her say they should...then in commentaries, she's giddy when pointing out shippy moments...then I saw her say "either do or don't but enough already"... In the Behind SciFi Friday, she said she was glad the issue was addressed and dealt with...but now let's see Professional!Sam or as she put it "it's time to up the body count." Jack's no longer around so let's see Sam now...without the weight of the ship anchored about her neck. Let's see how she's growing and changing.

She knows where the fans stand (both pro and con) and regardless of what she said in that particular interview, I think she wouldn't mind seeing them end up together in the long run as long as it wasn't THE focus for the show or her character. At GateCon, she talked about how vague the show was going to be on that issue but that the door is open for the future and she genuinely seemed happy about it.

She wants to have Sam grow, to see what these changes and decisions have meant for her life and to show her continuing to evolve. She doesn't want Sam to solely be seen as the other half of Sam and Jack. I can dig this and I agree with it. I personally want to see Sam as a more confident kickbutt member of SG-1 and let's revisit ship later.

I kinda laughed when I read that quote, to be honest...because I don't think she really feels that way at all. My guess is she wants a break from the Sam/Jack issue for awhile. Let's focus on Carter as an officer and a scientist...and then we'll see...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i want the sam/pete scenes from the first half of chimera for sam and jack. hand holding, making out, waking up in bed together, walking hand-in-hand, dancing, ogling one another... it was everything i'd always fantasized about sam and jack, and it was about fifteen minutes worth of screen time in one bloody ep.
        I want that too!

I know this isn't as bad as the measles but, I have a sinus cold. Can Jack come take care of me? He could hand me my allergy medication!

About the whole soap opera thing... I watch soaps. Days, Passions. I love them. I just don't think Stargate should become one. If they had big wedding scenes for Sam and Jack that would be kinda soapish (Soaps are known for big weddings) not to mention sort of against character. It would be ok if like, the last scene of the season was of them in a garden standing at the alter. Daniel, Teal'c, Cassie and maybe Hammond there.

As for the middle names. Ever since I saw Jack's middle name started with a J I have thought it stood for Jay. RDA's does love the Simpsons. As for Sam, i don't think she has one.

And a slight note. Jack's name is 'John' not 'Jonathan'. That's what his ID says.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

ah no! the thread dropped to the second page!
          where are all the shippers?
          it seems everytime i come on everyone's away!
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Here is a little fic rec for my shipper family : A New Beginning by Suz

It's a serie (46 fics or so... yes, that's a lot to catch up!), based off the episodes. It's essentially Sam/Jack, and it has angst, friendship, hurt/comfort, action/adventure, and of course romance

I highly recommand it, it's a really great serie, definitly worth reading!

Comment

Hey! Thanks for the nice responces on my Clay SG guys! Well, I did lots more to finish of the little story I had going. And I still dont have a Sam and Daniell... but I improvised and scouted the house for things to use

here's the next part to entertain my shipper friends

Ahhhhhh theres more ... but I don't want to flood the sight and make it hard for people with slow connections --- so just go here to see the rest:

>>>>CLICK HERE FOR MORE <<<<

EQUINOX

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
                Hmm - I'm going to have to go back and review my Season 1 collection now.

BTW - I think you're right about the intentions of TPTB at the beginning of the show - recently I spoke with someone who would know (an actor who wants to remain nameless) who mentioned that there was never an intention of a Jack/Sam ship at the beginning of the show and in fact Amanda Tapping had some clauses in her contract when she signed on about kissing scenes etc. (Please note this is all hearsay so I don't know the legitimacy of this statement.) Whew!!! Disclaimer over :-)

What sort of clauses? I can imagine her having a no-nudity thing, after seeing what went on in COTG! I know she's used body doubles in movies, so she obviously has strong views on that issue.....
                I remember reading somewhere, but i'm not sure where, that there was a possible Jack/Janet thing originally...... or early on when Janet arrived on the scene, but that could just have been something that came out of that scene between them in The Broca Divide...
                Last edited by Chrysalis; 06 September 2005, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                  What sort of clauses? I can imagine her having a no-nutidy thing, after seeing what went on in COTG! I know she's used body doubles in movies, so she obviously has strong views on that issue.....
                  I remember reading somewhere, but i'm not sure where, that there was a possible Jack/Janet thing originally...... or early on when Janet arrived on the scene, but that could just have been something that came out of that scene between them in The Broca Divide...
                  Yeah I heard something allong those lines too... Ehhh Broca Divide, now thres a memrible BHK I remember Amanda said in an interview that she thought that The Broca Divide could have been stronger on certain aspects ... or something like that with the story line, she felt that could have been played out better... don't quote me on that lol I'm not sure that's 100% correct - my memorie's fuzzy.
                  EQUINOX

Comment

Equinox that is hilarious! I wonder how JM would react to the SG-1 claymation show! Has a better plot then some of the episodes shown on S9.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                      Equinox that is hilarious! I wonder how JM would react to the SG-1 claymation show! Has a better plot then some of the episodes shown on S9.
                      WOAH! lol That's a great review! Well, every one bug him to take a look I'd love that! haha I'm going to create my own SG Clay world I tells ya!
                      Thanks Trupi!

[[ Notice how Sam dressed up for Jack lol ]]
                      If you look on my Blog there's pics of the making of SG-clay lol
                      EQUINOX

Comment

Its great! You should do more! We need a Sam and Daniel!
                        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT
                        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

When amanda tapping went for her screen test and audition, at the end TPTB made her stand next to RDA, with his arm around her shoulders and her arm around his waist.
                          Now i think that they did this to see if they "matched" so to speak, meaning that they probably had the J/S ship planned from the beginning. But being a shipper i would think that, so i'm kinda biast, but what other explanation could there be?
                          AT said it herself on an interview with Vicki (i think its a canadian talk show or something), but she said that she wasn't sure why they did that. I'll see if i can find a link for that clip, for you guys.

Edit: Heres the link to the clips, its mainly the end of the first clip and beginning of the second.

Clip 1: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_...da__Teil_1.wmv (Edit: Ignore this clip, its 2 and 3)

Clip 2: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_...da__Teil_2.wmv
                          Last edited by Nikki; 06 September 2005, 10:03 AM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Cool!
                            It's at the end of Clip 2 above and then the beginning of
                            Clip 3: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_...da__Teil_3.wmv

In all, there are 6 parts.
                            Last edited by UhSir; 06 September 2005, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Oops! Thanks Uhsir, your right, my mistake. It is at the end of clip 2 and beginning of clip 3.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

And thank you for the links. It's a really nice interview and very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X