This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
    Saw this on another thread regarding the fan awards site. Looks like lots of people having problems...
    Thanks Seahen!!!!! I'll go try that! You're a life-saver!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
      Vid incoming!!!!

Broken Turn it up at the start cus the talking is soft and i couldn't get it any louder *thumbs up*

EDIT: i just found this awesome one too She Drives Me Crazy
      Ya' know, I'm pretty sure that's not the Britany Spears song, but I've got the dumb song stuck in my head regardless. *shakes fist* Not cool!

And in other news, I can read S/J fanfiction on my new phone! It is supah sa-WEET!
      sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Some fluff in the afternoon.

sigpic

Comment

Anyone else feeling warm, squishy, and shippy?

Roll on Continuum!!
          sigpic

Comment

More fluff, to encourage PengYn's good mood.

Wait...is that gutter of fluff? is there such a thing as gutter fluff...? Floating along on top of the water in the gutter...nice and light and...fluffy...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              From thread Continuum - Promotional Photography:

Spoiler:

I trimmed it just a little bit.
              SWEET!!!

I am SO excited about Continuum just because...

Spoiler:
              ...they're both in it again! I really hope there's ship, but just another adventure with the original SG1 is hardcore squee-awesome!
              sigpic

Comment

^^ *dies*

hopefully that wasn't luvnjack's intention

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  More fluff, to encourage PengYn's good mood.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a.../brokakiss.jpg

Wait...is that gutter of fluff? is there such a thing as gutter fluff...? Floating along on top of the water in the gutter...nice and light and...fluffy...
                  We have a floater!

That is... so nasty! XD
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello Pengyn. I was just thinking about you.

Is that creepy?
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                      Great definition of Angst CQ! It has be to be squeeable-heartrending; not rip-your-heart-out-and-stamp-on-it-rending

ROFL at Pete.....
                      Danke. I saw Pete/pit and immediately thought peat bog. Sometimes, the mind must be allowed to make these leaps...

Originally posted by Oma
                      LOL! I'm sure he wanted to be that close Maybe even holding her hand close.....but I think the distance away he's sitting adds to the angst. For example, I'm pretty sure if Teal'c had shot her, Jack would be sitting closer. He must be feeling a whole gamut of emotions....

spoiler for space...
                      Spoiler:
                      Regret - because he wanted to blow the entity up in the first place and was pursuaded out of it (no matter how right it was for Sam to try to communicate with it)

Guilt - because he didn't cut the connection to the power supply quicker

More Guilt - because he killed her

Yet More Guilt - because he had no choice. The entity had to be stopped at all costs (because at that time they didn't know it was uploading Sam into the nest-thinggy, they thought it was trying to reinfect the base computers)....thinking back to Rachel's post about how doing his duty as the Colonel affected Jack the Man *sob*...

Despair - because he can't see any way of fixing this;

More Despair - its usually Sam who has the genius idea that saves everyone

Yet More Despair - because of Sam's living will, Jack knows Janet has no choice but to turn off the ventilator very soon - too soon!
                      Oh... oh poor Jack. I never considered how it might be different if he hadn't been the one to shoot her. (I think because the way the episode is written, it's pretty clear that it had to be him. The conversation between him and General Hammond... *sniff*) You're right though, if it had been someone else, he probably would have been sitting closer.

On the whole topic of Jack the Colonel vs Jack the man in this episode, I think we see yet another time that he's put in a position where he has to do something he would normally have an ethical problem with. When he and Daniel are talking to the entity and it becomes clear that what it wants most is to preserve its race, he finally sees a way to get Sam back, and he’s going to take it, no matter what the ethical cost is. Nothing matters as much to him as getting Sam back. When he has time to think about it later, this is one of the things that causes major problems for him. If he’d do anything for Carter, then what business does he have being in a situation where he could do anything for her? In other words, the person who would give anything to keep her alive, to keep her with him, has no business being the person who has the power to do those things to keep her alive. There will come a time when the temptation to bend the ethical rules is too great, because nothing matters to him as much as Sam... and that's not the position a CO should find himself in.

That's why when he reaches for her hand at the very end of the episode, he stops himself. He knows that throughout the entire situation he's acted and reacted more like a man in love than an Air Force officer and her CO. After his conversation with Hammond and his soul searching moments at her bedside (carefully distanced from her though), he's made the decision to be just her CO from now on, and that means not holding her hand right now. The look on his face, the frustration evident in every line of his body, it all points to his decision to step back from her, to stop being more than just her CO. It’s killing him to do it, but he’s afraid that if he doesn’t, something else will kill her instead.

What I find most telling is his over compensation. Look at the way he treats her in S5 compared to the way he treats Teal'c and Daniel, or to the way he treated them all back in S1, when they were just becoming a team. His whole attitude is far more cold than his regular way of interacting with his team. In his caution, he ends up so far from the line he can see the other side of it from where he is. I think that tells more about the depth of his feelings than almost anything else, and certainly more than anything else we see in S5. It's Newton's Third Law of Motion at work: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. He moved himself away from her with the same distance and force he wanted to pull her to him.

*Oma trips on the edge of the cavern entrance and feels herself fallinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng...............*

Exactly how deep is the Pit of Despair?
                      Don't even think of trying to escape.

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                      Well I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the issue of Sarah 'getting' Jack. I'm not saying that she and JAck didn't love each other or that they had a bad marriage - clearly they had some happy times. However I've watched Cold Lazarus (which is really all we ever get to know of her) a few times lately and I have to say that I think their relationship was on rocky ground well before Charlie's death. And I think there is ample evidence there to show that she really didn't 'get' him.

I'm too tired to go into it now, I'll expand some other time...

hmm...maybe that's what I can do for Valenship - a treatise on Jack and Sarah based on Cold Lazarus. Am I grasping at straws now or what?!
                      Thank you, Mara. You just helped me decide which episode to watch this afternoon. I'll be back later with comments on Cold Lazarus.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                      That seems really strange! Here's an idea to try.....I've uploaded the sig and avatar onto my pb account. I'll put the pics below, so all you have to do is copy the [img] tag and paste it into your sig. You won't have to use GW's uploader this way, so it should work. Fingers crossed!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...shipavatar.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psignature.jpg

Edit: PM me if you need more help
                      And that is exactly how CQ did it.

Now to go find the post for Oma's medal and add my name to the list... I love that you used the emboss filter, it's one of my favorites.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Is that creepy?
                        Yes, bit only because you're creepy

In a good way.

Comment

Oma-1's post:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Medals/Oma.png

Here's the medal I've made for Valenship. If anyone would like one with their name on it, just copy this post and add your name to the list. I'll post them all on the day.

Put your name here! lol
                          Starlover1990
                          DutchIndeed
                          AstraPerAspera
                          scifi_girl
                          cess525
                          Chocolatequeen
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                            Yes, bit only because you're creepy

In a good way.
                            Why thank you.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
                              Oma-1's post:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Medals/Oma.png

Here's the medal I've made for Valenship. If anyone would like one with their name on it, just copy this post and add your name to the list. I'll post them all on the day.

Put your name here! lol
                              Starlover1990
                              DutchIndeed
                              AstraPerAspera
                              scifi_girl
                              cess525
                              Chocolatequeen
                              Trupi
                              Yes please
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Is that creepy?
                                A little.

Although I'm tempted to say - "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, can't prove anything".

I am totally excited for Continuum - actually I'm really excited for both movies - but just the fact that there looks to be some awesome Jack-ness and hopefully some kinetic shipper-dee-doo-dah happenings is making me all squirmy. Bring it!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X