This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0xNatashax0 View Post

And thanks for all your lovely comments =)
    All of these are very nice. I sure enjoy seeing manips like these. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
      Well, as I said, haven't seen The Shroud, but
      Spoiler:
      just reading the dialogue, if Landry is talking jokingly to Jack and Jack then calls him "sir" it sounds from the dialogue like a joking "sir." Ya know, "why thank you ,sir." is a sort of jokingly sarcastic rejoinder. Hmm, maybe that's what you were saying.
      Under spoilers because its discussing Shroud, though is actually about something else...

Spoiler:
      Cos he also says "Why thank you ma'am" to Sam in (Fallen? First ep S7 when they do their Star Wars-esque run). And he was definitely her CO. I think the "why thank you sir" was Jack being... Jack. *Goes off to melt in puddle of goo cos Jack gets a look in on the discussion*
      sigpic
      Stuart: “You’ve done nothing, Vince. You go to work, you go for a drink. You sit at home and watch cheap science fiction. Small and tiny world. What is there…that’s so impressive about that? What is there to love?”
      Vince: “Yeah.”
      Stuart: “…It was good enough for me.”

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF
        And I do want more. I just really think, compared especially to the obvious and unnaturallness that's been part of nearly everyother ship I've ever paid attention to, that we Sam/Jack shippers should be happy. I just get a bit frustrated when I see rampant glass half-emptiness in the light of what I feel were a couple of astonishingly ship-friendly episodes. I fear the only thing TPTB would do to spotlight 'the ship' would be to reintroduce angst and conflict. I would rather continue the way things are than face that... More of that, IMSO, given the character and relationship growth we've seen, would destroy the characters integrities. That, above all else, I do not want to see. So I am happy with what we have, because it is so much more than I'd ever expected from a mere TV show.
        I take it this post is aimed at me and one or two other members of the shipper family.

When you see 'rampant glass half-emptiness', I see well thought-out posts showing the person's complete frustration with the non-resolution of our ship.
        When you see 'astonishingly ship-friendly episodes', I see ambiguity from the writers. YMMV.

The shippers in this thread have been through a lot in the past few years. Some good things, some bad. The whole point of this thread is to discuss the ship between Sam and Jack. If some of us aren't happy with what we see in the show regarding our ship, then this is the place we can come to vent our frustrations.

I love this thread, but I don't come here expecting everyone to be holding hands, skipping along singing 'Kumbaya', squeeing between verses (I've never squeed in my life! ). I do like positive posts, but I also like to read posts which aren't all sugar coated.

We all know there are many, many ways the ship could/should have been resolved before now, so I don't understand why we should be happy with what we've been given so far.

I don't trust TPTB at all any more, so I share your trepidation of how they would write the ship. I don't think I could take any more angst. I'm all 'angsted' out!

I'm happy that you're happy with the state of the ship, I really am, but I ask you to sympathize with those of us who aren't happy, and need a confirmation that Sam and Jack are together.

I know it is only a mere tv show, but it is a show that I have spent ten years being emotionally involved in. I don't care what happens in other shows, I just care about what happens in Stargate SG-1, and how it affects Sam and Jack.
        sigpic

Comment

A quick fic rec, especially in light of the Lost City discussion:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3213903/3/

Enjoy... (thanks Anne!)

Comment

Hello! I havent posted in a while. I have been trying to catch up. But i was failing.... miserably... so gave up. Never mind.

Thank you to everyone who read my first fic: here is the link for anyone who is interested http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3367337/1/

The Shroud
            Spoiler:
            i enjoyed it. it was a good episode and just the closeness between Sam and Jack was enough for me.

I am currently working on my first music vid. But it is going very slowly. I blame my computer and those on yim... yes you know who you are....

xxx gater88 xxx
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater88 View Post
              Hello! I havent posted in a while. I have been trying to catch up. But i was failing.... miserably... so gave up. Never mind.

Thank you to everyone who read my first fic: here is the link for anyone who is interested http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3367337/1/

The Shroud
              Spoiler:
              i enjoyed it. it was a good episode and just the closeness between Sam and Jack was enough for me.

I am currently working on my first music vid. But it is going very slowly. I blame my computer and those on yim... yes you know who you are....

xxx gater88 xxx
              i allready read the fic...i like it

And the music vid...you have made it sooner then you think you have...(that sentense didn't made any sense)

And it's not the yim people fault...they are all nice
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                I know it is only a mere tv show, but it is a show that I have spent ten years being emotionally involved in. I don't care what happens in other shows, I just care about what happens in Stargate SG-1, and how it affects Sam and Jack.
                Exactly. SG-1 has always been better than I think anyone should expect a 'mere TV show' to be, which is why I'm here. I don't really care, either, what has or has not happened with ships on other shows. I care about this one, and want this one to be done right and resolved right... I really don't think that can happen on Sciffy (cause of the Evil Monkeys) and still hold out hope for the movies.

Comment

I have no idea who I am.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    Another Descent poster (feeling a bit creative tonight)

Click image to enlarge
                    Nice...and all the other ones are really good to. Thanks for sharing

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
                    Congratulations on 4,700 Posts,

Jena!!

Ditto From Me Too
                    Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    You know what we call Piggly-Wiggly here? Hoggly-Woggly! I'm normally a Kroger (K-roger) shopper, but I just like saying, "Hoggly-Woggly."

It's fun.....sure it is.....try it. Just try it.

* runs off giggling *

Oh...and just to be on-topic...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...s/jscloser.gif
                    Carter...do we need groceries?

No...all taken care of...I went to the store yesterday. We're set for the weekend.

Good. That leaves more time for...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...oddess/3aa.jpg

...THIS!
                    Now that is a nice story. And its called Kroger here...not Krogers or K roger. But we do have Food Lion which everyone calls Food Kitty

The Shroud
                    Spoiler:

xxx gater88 xxx
                    Gater I am having the same problem with the YIM...but I do have one clip already for my vid...something tells me I need more...
                    Oh and I am playing catch up on stories yours is on the list...it's all the fault of the YIM that I am behind... but at least I have a supply of FF waiting for me.
                    sigpic
                    GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Poster for Descent

Click image to enlarge
                      sigpic

Comment

To stay on topic... i'm glad we're discussing 'Descent' this week! The bit i love is when they're floating in the water and Jack's holding Sam up... and... if you look closely (it's another moment like the "i love you" in 'TBFTGOG') you can see Sam grab Jack's hand as they run out of the room...

click the image for a brief video clip

Something else i wanted to post here (its a music video for Atlantis, so not really on topic but i didn't know whether you guys would be interested in seeing it or not... it's in spoilers as it's an episode related video...)

Spoiler:
                        i just made a music video tribute for Dr. Carson Beckett if anyone wants to check it out. It centres HEAVILY on the episode 'Sunday' so has MAJOR spoilers.
                        I used music from 'The Last Samurai' and the piece of music 'Death of Cedric' from 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' as these two pieces just screamed emotion and tribute to me.

I hope you like it. It's my first Carson video... hell, my first Atlantis video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZBvnyBE2Kk

Enjoy.
                        Last edited by Sam_Carter; 03 February 2007, 08:42 AM.
                        Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                        Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                        Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
                          To stay on topic... i'm glad we're discussing 'Descent' this week! The bit i love is when they're floating in the water and Jack's holding Sam up... and... if you look closely (it's another moment like the "i love you" in 'TBFTGOG') you can see Sam grab Jack's hand as they run out of the room...
                          Wow! I never noticed that. the hand thing. <runs to get Descent DVD>

xxx gater88>
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                            Exactly. SG-1 has always been better than I think anyone should expect a 'mere TV show' to be, which is why I'm here. I don't really care, either, what has or has not happened with ships on other shows. I care about this one, and want this one to be done right and resolved right... I really don't think that can happen on Sciffy (cause of the Evil Monkeys) and still hold out hope for the movies.
                            Yes, I think the movies are our only hope. RDA had better be in at least one of them. I don't see how they could resolve it in the last few episodes left of the series, especially as RDA won't be in any of them, so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that TPTB come to their senses and write us some good ship in the movies.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                              Can someone just remind me - when do we start the Descent week? Friday or Saturday? I really gotta look a fic up
                              The new ep starts as soon as I make the announcement *feels powerful and wonders if she has any Goauld in her*

Poster for Descent

Click image to enlarge
                              Another Descent poster (feeling a bit creative tonight)

Click image to enlarge
                              Poster for Descent

Click image to enlarge
                              I love them all Nola, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                Since they said we could: One Kiss, Three Kids, and a Dog

And this was written before LiS aired. I swear. Ask anyone.
                                She wrote it aaaaaaaaaages ago. Don't you just love it, I know I do
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X