This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    "200" was really more of a series of jokes than anything else, in my opinion.

I'm thinking in terms of the end of the show, maybe the second movie. Naturally, I imagine the anti Sam/Jack crowd would be less than pleased to see Jack drop to one knee and passionately declare that Sam is the love of his life, his soulmate, his world, his reason for being, etc, but would something a little less extreme be more acceptable?
    The wedding scene in 200 was a culmination of all the worst ficcy cliches that tptb could think of or dream of put together in what was essentially badcliche!fic. And as such, was hilarious.

But not real. One little bit. Because - *gak* - if it actually went that way, then I'd have to join the anti-shippers. Because that's not our Jack. And its not our Sam. Unless they were on what is essentially unmentionable on a PG forum. Not to mention that its not our Thor *lol*

And I'd be unequally unhappy if Jack dropped to one knee like that, too. Because, yet again, not our Jack. Our Jack does the little things that add up, not the big, sweeping grand gesture. This ship has thrived consistently on the subtle and if tptb forget that.... *shrugs* - slippery slope. And subtle doesn't have to unambiguous. Wedding rings being worn is subtle, for example. But who could really imagine Jack giving a huge, sweeping, declaration of love in which he expounds his feelings for Sam in a ten minute speech...? Cos, ya know, I like the sci fi... I'm fairly sure that my perfect resolution would stop any anti's baying for tptb's blood... maybe they would still whimper for it, though. Because... I want to know what happens with the Ori... I want to know what happens with all the stuff that I can't be bothered to put in spoiler tags so I won't mention.

I want to see the world saved by SG-1. For the umpteenth time (I don't know, ask Teal'c)

ALL of SG-1, new and old. With all the accompanying relationships. So I want to see Cam, and Vala, and Daniel, and Teal'c, and Sam, and Jack...
    sigpic
    Stuart: “You’ve done nothing, Vince. You go to work, you go for a drink. You sit at home and watch cheap science fiction. Small and tiny world. What is there…that’s so impressive about that? What is there to love?”
    Vince: “Yeah.”
    Stuart: “…It was good enough for me.”

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
      Regan I could care less what is acceptable to the Anti's.The Anti's had there fun the last few years and there have been plenty of non Sam/Jack Shippy episodes.Anyone who does not want to see Ship should stick to watching Barney.The Anti's are not worried about us so why should we worry about them?
      I totally agree. I really don't care what they want either. I think we have been patient enough and they have had more than their share of non ship moments.

IMO, there are more people out there that recognize that Sam and Jack have feelings for each other than not. They might not call themselves shippers but they recoginize that Sam and Jacks relationship is a part of the story. Even my son who is 16, realized that Sam broke up with Pete because of her feelings for Jack.

It bothers me that after all this time, TPTB still won't make a committment. I am one that believes that TPTB meant to ship Sam and Jack together, it wasn't just the actors. There was way too many written scenes to be an accident. TPTB need to finish what they started.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Good question.
        Personally, I don't see them doing anything that would be against the regs, especially Sam.
        I do think that they would discuss it, and decide to wait until the time was right for one of them to transfer/retire/whatever.
        That's one thing I've always loved (and, in a way, hated) about Sam and Jack's story. They are both far too honourable and too unselfish to put their own feelings first.

One of them could have retired or transferred to another team but they knew that if they did that, they would be hurting Earth's (heck, the galaxy's) chances of successfully defeating the Goa'uld. They worked better on the same team. They could have chosen to put themselves first but their characters wouldn't allow it.

I don't want to take that away from their story.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

"200" was really more of a series of jokes than anything else, in my opinion.

I'm thinking in terms of the end of the show, maybe the second movie. Naturally, I imagine the anti Sam/Jack crowd would be less than pleased to see Jack drop to one knee and passionately declare that Sam is the love of his life, his soulmate, his world, his reason for being, etc, but would something a little less extreme be more acceptable?
          I think it depends on the individual shipper how much shippiness is required to satisfy.

Some of us would be pleased with an unambiguous statement that confirmed the two (our universe, timeline, non-robotic, non-alien-look-alike, non-clone, non-alien-infested Sam and Jack) were together in a relationship...although we wouldn't say no to Jack dropping to one knee, passionately declaring Sam to be the love of his life, his soulmate, etc either....or a BHK

Ultimately we're never going to get a scene which satisfies the anti-shippers and the pro-shippers at this point. Fishing was the closest they came and had they ended SG1 at S8, TPTB might have just squeaked this ambiguous resolution through with both parties being satisfied they could take away their own interpretations...it's too late for that.

Given SG1 is still going to continue on into the movies, that the Sam character is going to continue in SGA then I think after so many years of the relationship being part of the SG story, it needs a final, absolute resolution - and I vote for the one that gives them the happy-ever-after ending...
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
            Really I don't see them don't leave it in the room. Sorry.

But if they hadn't, and gotten involved, I'm going to be the pessimistic one here but I don't think that would have worked out in the end. IMO they weren't ready to commit at that point. Neither of them were ready to risk their career and the other's for this. They both knew their job was important, more important than anything they could have. But I could see them grow closer, waiting for the right moment for them to be together.

But to answer your question, I think they would have keep it a secret even for Daniel and Teal'c just to not put them in an awkward position like you said.

Now if D&C happened later in the series, say s7 or s8, I'd say that they would have tried something, anything.
            I agree with what everyone is saying. I definitely agree with the part I've made bold. If it had occurred later in the series, then they would have found a way to be together.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
              It bothers me that after all this time, TPTB still won't make a committment. I am one that believes that TPTB meant to ship Sam and Jack together, it wasn't just the actors. There was way too many written scenes to be an accident. TPTB need to finish what they started.
              I'd say TPTB have been shilly-shallying because they don't want to offend anyone but they don't seem to realize that by trying to please everyone, they're going to end up pleasing nobody.

They've brought the Sam/Jack storyline too far to leave it without some kind of resolution.

I'm cautiously hopeful about seeing Sam/Jack ship in the movie. Since it's the end, TPTB don't need to worry as much about the anti Sam/Jack fans being turned away from the show because there will be no show any more.

They don't need to go over the top, wedding rings would do the trick or, like one of the Star Trek movies (Nemesis?) they could begin at the wedding reception. The Riker/Troi ship didn't dominate the film. Resolution is necessary but Sam and Jack don't need to spend the movie joined at the hip.

Comment

That's one thing I'm having trouble with. I should clarify, though - the Sam and Jack breaking the rules are an AU couple.

Would it be possible for them to be given a dispensation of some kind? Even if one of them left the Air Force, they still wouldn't be able to serve together on the same team. Since they would both have been so essential to the SGC and to SG-1, could the President/head of the Air Force agree to a suspension of the frat regs, maybe a conditional one, provided that their feelings didn't interfere with the job.

In reality, I imagine that the whole team are closer than the regs would like and, if they weren't all needed in their jobs, would have been separated and divided among other teams a long time ago so could an exception have been made?
                I suppose, since it's a tv show, that the president could do anything he wanted.
                What could happen is something like Sam going on a temporary assignment to Area 51, and them getting married during this time. Then Sam is brought back to SG-1 because she's needed to save the world again, and there is nothing anyone can do about them being together because they're now married.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0xNatashax0 View Post
                  Goodnight shippers

Welcome Newbies!!
                  Congrats milestones!!
                  d'ya know what i loe abot that pic and signatures the best? the fact that it says o'neill loves carter and not carter loves o'neill, i dont know why that is significant for me but it just is

Live for today, for one day there will not be a tomorrow

Help me get to film school

One Year, £8000 to raise. Just what will i do to raise it?

Comment

Originally posted by Caladria View Post
                    The wedding scene in 200 was a culmination of all the worst ficcy cliches that tptb could think of or dream of put together in what was essentially badcliche!fic. And as such, was hilarious.

But not real. One little bit. Because - *gak* - if it actually went that way, then I'd have to join the anti-shippers. Because that's not our Jack. And its not our Sam. Unless they were on what is essentially unmentionable on a PG forum. Not to mention that its not our Thor *lol*

And I'd be unequally unhappy if Jack dropped to one knee like that, too. Because, yet again, not our Jack. Our Jack does the little things that add up, not the big, sweeping grand gesture. This ship has thrived consistently on the subtle and if tptb forget that.... *shrugs* - slippery slope. And subtle doesn't have to unambiguous. Wedding rings being worn is subtle, for example. But who could really imagine Jack giving a huge, sweeping, declaration of love in which he expounds his feelings for Sam in a ten minute speech...? Cos, ya know, I like the sci fi... I'm fairly sure that my perfect resolution would stop any anti's baying for tptb's blood... maybe they would still whimper for it, though. Because... I want to know what happens with the Ori... I want to know what happens with all the stuff that I can't be bothered to put in spoiler tags so I won't mention.

I want to see the world saved by SG-1. For the umpteenth time (I don't know, ask Teal'c)

ALL of SG-1, new and old. With all the accompanying relationships. So I want to see Cam, and Vala, and Daniel, and Teal'c, and Sam, and Jack...
                    Right on! Add in one BHK and I'd be the Happy Shipper!

Comment

Season 6 with no Daniel should have shown TPTB they have nothing to worry about.If the Show can survive and thrive without Daniel then the Show or Movies will be fine with a Sam/Jack resoultion.There were no mass exodus of Fans in Season 6 and if there was ever a time that would have been the time.Many Fans left because of RDA and what it did to the Sam/Jack Ship.TPTB need to worry about Jack Fans and Sam/Jack Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bex Calo View Post
                        d'ya know what i loe abot that pic and signatures the best? the fact that it says o'neill loves carter and not carter loves o'neill, i dont know why that is significant for me but it just is
                        Me too! It's just cute! No, it's just Jack!

BTW, I'm working on a video for "Something About You" so I hope you still are wanting that. What a terrific song!! I may even have it done by the weekend.

Comment

To be honest, I think that the whole team was too close for that from the early seasons. If one of them and another person were in danger, I would say that Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal’c would all have instinctively protected their teammate first and they would all have risked
                          their lives for each other.
                          I think if this had been the real world, that the team would have been broken up and dispersed throughout other SG teams.

Originally posted by ReganX
                          One problem I would have is that even if they did get a special dispensation or if Hammond were to tell them privately that if they didn’t force it to his attention, he wasn’t going to notice any change in their relationship, I don’t know whether or not they would be comfortable working together. I think that they would both be very aware of the fact that, despite their best intentions, it was going to affect their dealings with one another, even if unconsciously, and Sam’s career in particular could suffer if their involvement became public knowledge.

I don’t think either of them could live with themselves if their need to protect each other led to Daniel and/or Teal’c being hurt or killed.
                          I don't think they would be comfortable having a secret relationship. It would look really bad for Sam (double standards...the guy is thought a 'stud', the girl is thought a 'slut' ) if they were found out, and I don't think Jack would do anything to harm Sam's reputation and career.

Originally posted by ReganX
                          The timeline we’ve been considering has Sam retiring after ‘The Lost City’ and them getting married between the end of Season Eight and the beginning of Season Nine.

Instead of becoming involved straight away, I prefer the idea of them acknowledging their feelings in ‘Divide and Conquer’ and, instead of sweeping it under a rug, making a decision together that they weren’t going to do anything about it until they were free to do so.
                          This is exactly what I would do.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd say TPTB have been shilly-shallying because they don't want to offend anyone but they don't seem to realize that by trying to please everyone, they're going to end up pleasing nobody.

They've brought the Sam/Jack storyline too far to leave it without some kind of resolution.

I'm cautiously hopeful about seeing Sam/Jack ship in the movie. Since it's the end, TPTB don't need to worry as much about the anti Sam/Jack fans being turned away from the show because there will be no show any more.

They don't need to go over the top, wedding rings would do the trick or, like one of the Star Trek movies (Nemesis?) they could begin at the wedding reception. The Riker/Troi ship didn't dominate the film. Resolution is necessary but Sam and Jack don't need to spend the movie joined at the hip.
                            Speak for yourself honey! LOL! make room in the gutter, I'm on my way!

Comment

Originally posted by Bex Calo View Post
                              I find it significant because of the amount of times I've seen people insist that Jack has no interest in Sam (and that RDA doesn't like ship and has no chemistry with AT) and that she is making a fool of herself clinging to a man who doesn't love her, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                                Regan I could care less what is acceptable to the Anti's.The Anti's had there fun the last few years and there have been plenty of non Sam/Jack Shippy episodes.Anyone who does not want to see Ship should stick to watching Barney.The Anti's are not worried about us so why should we worry about them?
                                My sentiments exactly, ses.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X