X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up the current TV Guide and
    Spoiler:
    the section devoted to SG-1 and SGA had a LOT of RDA/Jack information in it. In fact, "The Return," pt 2 seemed to be devoted to Jack's aquatic heroics in defense of the city of Atlantis. I'm really eager to see this episode. RDA wrote about it on the rdanderson.com website awhile back.

RDA revealed himself to have been a fan of the old "Sea Hunt" tv series - which starred Lloyd Bridges, himself a fine actor, and Beau Bridges' dad - when RDA appeared on the CBS "Late, Late Show" a few years back. Glad to see the General is "getting back into the swim of things!" GROAN!

I'm still not sure about that kiss TV Guide refers to. Not just who is involved (I hope it's Sam and Jack) but which episode. (Is it REALLY "The Shroud"?

Finally, what does being "greened" mean? Shesmetet gave me one. Thank you very much, Shesmetet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by docker22 View Post
      some ones report from a con, (I think from AT2) said that
      Spoiler:
      chris judge played a prank on AT just after she completed an emotional scene.

I've seen it mentioned a few times in different places.
      Spoiler:
      is it definately an emotional scene in the final episode or could it have been an emotional scene in a past episode. Part of me would like it to be an emotional scene in the final episode involving Jack, but then again, with no RDA, thats gonna mean the writers are gonna have a lot of work up their sleeves to come up with something that will satisfy the shipper well and truly
      Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
      Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
      Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
        Sorry Shipper Family Bad News
        Spoiler:

RDA won't be in the finale
        report from AValon Q&A

Spoiler:
        While that is very sad and disappointing, I'm going to try not to get too upset until we find out about the movies...
        my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

some ones report from a con, (I think from AT2) said that
          Spoiler:
          chris judge played a prank on AT just after she completed an emotional scene.

I've seen it mentioned a few times in different places.
          Amanda interview

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
            Spoiler:
            is it definately an emotional scene in the final episode or could it have been an emotional scene in a past episode. Part of me would like it to be an emotional scene in the final episode involving Jack, but then again, with no RDA, thats gonna mean the writers are gonna have a lot of work up their sleeves to come up with something that will satisfy the shipper well and truly
            I'm trying to find a link and I can't ,
            Spoiler:
            but the context I took it in was that It was something that happened in late season ten, I can't remember if it was indicated what episode it was in though

Maybe if someone else has seen this and remembers where, they could post a link.
            EDIT: thanks terrah.

sig made by Samjackshiplover
            http://www.myspace.com/docker22

Comment

Originally posted by JMD View Post
              I just picked up the current TV Guide and
              Spoiler:
              the section devoted to SG-1 and SGA had a LOT of RDA/Jack information in it. In fact, "The Return," pt 2 seemed to be devoted to Jack's aquatic heroics in defense of the city of Atlantis. I'm really eager to see this episode. RDA wrote about it on the rdanderson.com website awhile back.

RDA revealed himself to have been a fan of the old "Sea Hunt" tv series - which starred Lloyd Bridges, himself a fine actor, and Beau Bridges' dad - when RDA appeared on the CBS "Late, Late Show" a few years back. Glad to see the General is "getting back into the swim of things!" GROAN!

I'm still not sure about that kiss TV Guide refers to. Not just who is involved (I hope it's Sam and Jack) but which episode. (Is it REALLY "The Shroud"?

Finally, what does being "greened" mean? Shesmetet gave me one. Thank you very much, Shesmetet!!!
              Spoiler:
              It was SO good seeing RDA doing action type scenes!!! The Return was brilliant and i keep watching the water heroics scene over and over!!!!

'Greened' means someone gives you a positive reputation point for something you said or did!

Comment

Screencaps of the
                Spoiler:
                water-heroics
                bit in 'The Return' pt 2

Spoiler:

and to keep OT...
                Spoiler:
                the first time i saw this i immediately thought about the scene in 'Descent' when Sam & Jack were trapped in the compartment that was flooded!

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post

Spoiler:
                  While that is very sad and disappointing, I'm going to try not to get too upset until we find out about the movies...
                  agreed!

Spoiler:
                  i heard someone at Avalon say Rick was getting in shape for the movies and of course every movie has to have romance!!! so maybe thats how we'll get our shippy resolve!
                  I don't care when we get it as long as we actually get it! We've waited 10 years... what's one more year eh?! (or however long till the movies come out!) i just need this so much! its depressing to think that we've been so loyal for SO long and the writers won't give us what we deserve! All credit to them for what they have given us already... but they have given us a couple who have transcended most boundaries of normal relationships and romance. We don't ask for much, just something worthy of 10 years of loyalty!

Comment

agreed!

Spoiler:
                    i heard someone at Avalon say Rick was getting in shape for the movies and of course every movie has to have romance!!! so maybe thats how we'll get our shippy resolve!
                    I don't care when we get it as long as we actually get it! We've waited 10 years... what's one more year eh?! (or however long till the movies come out!) i just need this so much! its depressing to think that we've been so loyal for SO long and the writers won't give us what we deserve! All credit to them for what they have given us already... but they have given us a couple who have transcended most boundaries of normal relationships and romance. We don't ask for much, just something worthy of 10 years of loyalty!
                    Spoiler:
                    It really irritates me when tptb say we can't resolve the ship yet, its against regulations.I understand it would be against regulations to resolve the ship, but they have chosen to keep the ship alive for the past ten years, so I don't think it would be asking to much to have a proper resolution.

**end of rant**

Comment

Right guys! gotta crawl upstairs to bed now! Been at school every day and work every night this week and i'm working every night next week!

It's the damned Christmas Parties at work! They are on nearly every night leading up to Christmas and even into the last week of January!!!! So... it's gonna be red bull and caffiene pills till February time!!!

So if i'm not around much you know why! lol!

Love to you all... and everyone... try to stay optomistic...
                      as the saying goes...
                      'Be an optomist... at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral'

and besides, if GOD FORBID
                      Spoiler:
                      we don't get our happy ending, we still have fanfiction, music videos, manips and best of all... 10 years worth of shippyness to look back on... thats quite possibly more than any other ship has ever gotten!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        It really irritates me when tptb say we can't resolve the ship yet, its against regulations.I understand it would be against regulations to resolve the ship, but they have chosen to keep the ship alive for the past ten years, so I don't think it would be asking to much to have a proper resolution.

**end of rant**
                        Spoiler:
                        Is it still against the regulations? Jack isn't Sam's immediate commanding officer any more. Any commendations, recommendations for promotions or reprimands would come through Landry. I could see why it mightn't be considered the most desirable situation by the military, but is it technically forbidden?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

agreed!

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          I hope you're right. I'd love to see a Sam/Jack shippy ending (and beginning and middle) for the movies.

I figure after saving Earth several times over, not to mention putting their own feelings and desires to one side for the greater good for a decade, the least Sam and Jack deserve is a happy ending together.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Is it still against the regulations? Jack isn't Sam's immediate commanding officer any more. Any commendations, recommendations for promotions or reprimands would come through Landry. I could see why it mightn't be considered the most desirable situation by the military, but is it technically forbidden?
                            I don't think it is, as jacks not in her direct chain of command.

Comment

I don't think it is, as jacks not in her direct chain of command.
                              He's still in the same chain of command - it seems to go Jack -> Landry -> Sam - but there is a Landry-shaped buffer between them.

When they were CO and 2IC of SG-1 and later CO of the SGC and CO of SG-1, Jack would have had a lot of direct influence over Sam's career, he would have been able to recommend her for promotions, he would have written her evaluations, etc. Had they been involved at that time, he would have been in a position to give her preferential treatment.

Now, Landry is Sam's direct commanding officer.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                He's still in the same chain of command - it seems to go Jack -> Landry -> Sam - but there is a Landry-shaped buffer between them.

When they were CO and 2IC of SG-1 and later CO of the SGC and CO of SG-1, Jack would have had a lot of direct influence over Sam's career, he would have been able to recommend her for promotions, he would have written her evaluations, etc. Had they been involved at that time, he would have been in a position to give her preferential treatment.

Now, Landry is Sam's direct commanding officer.
                                Yeah and thats what gets me with tptb, they still use the frat regs as an excuse, and its such a flimsy one. I mean seriously, TEN YEARS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X