• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lesleyp
    You're so lucky....I'm so jealous

And 3000, holy! Talk much...lol.....just kidding CONGRATS
    You should be

However, since I only have one ladder, I can only stalk one person for fanfic at a single moment.

BUT, if you start promising me obsene amounts of ANGST like LAD did, well, that's a different story.
    my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
      You should feel very special, LAD...

Sorry I left there for a while. I decided to work on my homework BEFORE the wee hours of the morning, crazy, no?
      Now I'm working on homework...and am SO tired! All this staying up late is bad for me! And hey, you might have your own stalker. I was wondering where you were.

And yea! We are keeping the thread. I love this place.

Comment

Yes, I know.

And thank you times a million...

Now get started on THE ANGST pt. 2!!
        There's part 2?

Uh oh.

You mean that other completely serparate one I'm working on? Or the one we talked about last night? Or something I don't know about yet but you'd like to fill me in on?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          There's part 2?

Uh oh.

You mean that other completely serparate one I'm working on? Or the one we talked about last night? Or something I don't know about yet but you'd like to fill me in on?
          Any of those. Didn't mean to scare you!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            Okay, this is sort of OT here, but since this is the "family" thread . . . <g>

I couldn't wait to get home from work tonight and post this! You won't believe what I did at work today. ROFL! (Some of you know I work at a security company doing access control/system integration.) I was talking to a vendor, trying to expedite an order for a video monitoring unit. The customer is going crazy because they don't have the item yet, and it's a Homeland Security issue.

So I'm trying to stress to this woman on the phone just how important it is that the order get here sooner than the six weeks they're saying it'll take, and I proceed to tell her that the government is involved and that it's a "HOMEWORLD SECURITY ISSUE"!!!!

As soon as it was out of my mouth, I knew what I'd said, but since she didn't react, I tried hard not to laugh and just finished the phone call as fast as I could. She either didn't notice I'd said the wrong thing, or didn't want to bring it to my attention.

Wish I had a SG shipper or a JackFan at work who would have appreciated the humor in it!

Lovely story! It made me start laughing!

I do things like that all the time, but am lucky enough to keep them in my head! Don't know what I'd do if one slipped out!

Comment

Now I'm working on homework...and am SO tired! All this staying up late is bad for me! And hey, you might have your own stalker. I was wondering where you were.

And yea! We are keeping the thread. I love this place.
              Yes. I love this thread. It's just so... itself! It'd be odd if we switched. I think we're all happy here.

And this weekend, or the coming weeks, I was wondering if you would help me rework my "A Marriage on Abydos" story. I don't know if you read my post last night, but it needs to be gutted out. The characterization is all messed up.

Let me know!

Comment

Yes. I love this thread. It's just so... itself! It'd be odd if we switched. I think we're all happy here.

And this weekend, or the coming weeks, I was wondering if you would help me rework my "A Marriage on Abydos" story. I don't know if you read my post last night, but it needs to be gutted out. The characterization is all messed up.

Let me know!
                I'd love to. I don't know when I'll get a break. The semester is really starting to kick into high gear.

Thank God tomorrow is Friday! I need my new Stargate!

Comment

I'd love to. I don't know when I'll get a break. The semester is really starting to kick into high gear.

Thank God tomorrow is Friday! I need my new Stargate!
                  Don't worry about it. I just feel like I need to fix it. Now I'm starting doubt the plot and everything... argh...

Maybe I'll just write a new one.

Comment

Buc252, I love your story. Too bad your customer wasn't a Gate fan who could call you on it! Or, maybe good thing your customer wasn't a Gate fan. I guess that's a matter of perspective.

Yeah for Skydiver! She fixed our first post! I'm so glad we decided to keep the family!

On the subject of RDA's possible return (should that be in spoilers or not since it is speculation?), I think TPTB will give us some ship. I'm really getting quite optimistic. I hate that the series my be ending, but it is good to see ship resolution in sight. Now, if they could just film the finale then decide to renew for a season 11 with RDA doing at least half the episodes.....

Comment

Now this here's inspiration for LAD and any other shippy authors out there...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom

It's the Mobieus kiss. I don't know if I can restrain myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...om/Longing.jpg
                          *resists urge to forgo homework and write shippy fics....resists urge to forgo homework and write shippy fics*

Hey, your technobabble one is on my desktop right now. I love it!

Comment

Alrighty shippers, I'm off to bed.

Trying this new crazy thing where I go to bed before midnight. Crazy, huh?

See you all in the morning. And LAD, if you feel like writing some angst AFTER you get your homework done, feel free to do so!

Night, y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              in my version yesterday, i changed quite a bit about the sam/pete relay.

i still had it that sam's brother mark set them up and that pete was still a cop, but the events in chimera never happened. they dated for about six weeks before it got physical, and *that's* when sam knew something was wrong. not that pete was crappy or selfish, just that that spark that sam wanted was not there. that's when she started psychologically pulling away.

all the same events happened to sam (death knell and heroes), but it wasn't until 'lost city' that she finally knew she was truly in love with jack. and even though she knew it without a doubt this time, she still didn't know if jack was 'truly' in love with her. so she continued with pete because she was still thinking things through, until...

pete said he wanted to transfer to colorado springs and wanted to move in with her. *that's* their big moment, not an engagement. this is where sam tells pete that she needs to think about things, then takes some time off and visits her brother mark and his family in san diego. she doesn't feel comfortable talking to mark about this, but she does with mark's wife (lindsay, which is a name i made up). and that's where lindsay says to sam that she's using pete as her safe bet, not jack.

sam returns home and immediately talks to pete. like in 'threads', he said he saw it coming. he wished her well and said, 'i hope you get what you want,' and then whispered while walking out, 'or 'who' you want... '.

sam waits a day and then goes to talk to jack. she tells him everything. not at first, though, because there usual uncomfortableness and changing of subjects allows sam to start to leave jack's house. but, before she gets to the door, she stops and starts to bare her soul to him. and it works.

some short time in the furture, sam and pete run into one another. pete tells her that because of his relationship with sam, he learned a few lessons about himself. he's now back together with him ex-wife.

and in my version, pete was a totally nice and decent guy; no stalking or checking up on her. AND, no sam coming off bad!

(and pete was played by paul gross, from 'due south' fame)

sally
                              I've love to read a story based on this summary. Esp. where we would get to hear what Sam tells Jack.......

Your mention of Pete's ex-wife made me remember a scene that has been going around in my head for a day or so. Remember Pete said his ex threw out his possessions? What if Sam gets to meet the ex somehow, like maybe she goes to Denver with Pete and who knows how she meets her, but she does. The ex really fills Sam in on Pete. (in this plot he's not a real nice guy) Even though Sam discounts some of what the ex tells her, because she is bitter, she receives confirmation of some of it from a neutral observer. Sam then realizes she can't marry Pete, much less keep seeing him. Don't think I've read any story with Pete in it that says much about the ex and Pete's tale of woe about her--or actually has her as a character.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Bee
                                Momento Mori

Does anyone know where that name came from? I haven't seen the episode yet, but probably it refers to something I wouldn't know about anyway. For some reason I keep thinking of Kobiashi Maru (sp), but I doubt the Mori part is Japanese.

Comment

Working...
                                X