This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater62
    Oh-is there a tutorial out there for using bulletin boards? I would like to learn how to quote from other postings, etc.
    To quote a post you simply use the quote button that's located under every post. You just have to choose which post you want to quote. I'm sure you could find some tuts on the net or maybe even GW. A tip: if you have a question go to this thread. It's one where members are helping members
    MEMBERS helping MEMBERS: General Help and Assistance Thread
    Originally posted by SamO'Neill
    That was so sweet! I'm going to green you! You should post that...somewhere....maybe on FFN?
    Thank you. I thought on putting it there but I'm not sure yet

Comment

Oh-is there a tutorial out there for using bulletin boards? I would like to learn how to quote from other postings, etc.
      Yes. I reccommend checking out these two threads. They should answer any questions you might have. If not, just ask here, I've found that the people in the Sam/Jack Family thread are extremely helpful and nice.

Here you go:
      Thread 1
      Thread 2

Hope that was what you were looking for!
      my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Thanks for your help! I teach geography in very deep south Texas. Not much of a scifi fan base down here, but I try to encourage my kids to expand their horizons.
        sigpic
        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I'm interested in the ending for the
          Spoiler:
          200th episode.I would love for the episode to end with Sam and Jack at Sam's house and we find out Sam/Jack are in a relationship.I just hope TPTB show enough of the real Sam and Jack in the episode.MS and CN mentioned they did not have a lot of time with RDA in the 200 so I hope that means RDA and AT had a lot of scenes together.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            I'm interested in the ending for the
            Spoiler:
            200th episode.I would love for the episode to end with Sam and Jack at Sam's house and we find out Sam/Jack are in a relationship.I just hope TPTB show enough of the real Sam and Jack in the episode.MS and CN mentioned they did not have a lot of time with RDA in the 200 so I hope that means RDA and AT had a lot of scenes together.
            That would be great, but don't think it will happen. TPTB will not want to alienate the other fan bases, but it would be great for the shippers.
            sigpic

Comment

Your right.It is a shame TPTB have no problem in alienating the Shippers and may of the long time Fans.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has watched this but I found some interesting videos on youtube.com. Go to the site then in the search put in "Amanda Tapping interviews." There are 3 of them but the first one is the most telling. First of all she is very serious during the interviews so you get the feeling that these are her true opinions. What I found interesting:
                1) the interviews were at the end of season 8. She says that her character has undergone some big changes which she would like to see her deal with
                2) if the show ended in season 8 the fans would not be disappointed
                3) she felt like the series would probably be over but Stargate would continue...she makes it sound like a movie or two perhaps
                4) if the show went on there would still be someplace to go...she was speaking in terms of Sam and jack
                5) with regards to Sam and Jack she feels that enough is enough, they're adults so time to have some resolution
                This is all paraphrased but it really shows how she regards the show and her relationship with the characters and especially Jack.

Comment

I dug up this article from the March 2006 convention:

Gateworld News

I'm feeling much better....

Comment

I will check out those interviews. Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll be watching Atlantis also, with
                      Spoiler:
                      Jack being in that episode... possibly a reference to his wife?

Argh, now I know I'm grasping at straws...
                      Hey, I'm grasping too! But you never know...so watch closely.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        AWARED TO L. A. DOYLE

shipper Medal Of Honor Winner For Shippiness Above And Beyond The Call Of Duty.
                        I'd like to thank the Aca- er....wrong speech.

I'd like to thank my Shipper Family for giving me courage to watch the 200th episode first run through. I'm keeping the faith and hoping to have wonderful things to report to you Friday night. Thank you and goodnight.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          Hey, I'm grasping too! But you never know...so watch closely.
                          Spoiler:
                          Exactly. I mean, otherwise we wouldn't have caught the royal marriage thing in last week's episode.... Gosh, what I would have given to see a teeny tiny hint of S/J.... I mean... it's HIS cabin! Or dare I say... theirs?

I wrote a fanfic based on that episode: A Clueless Cameron Mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Ok well I have a question,
                            Spoiler:
                            Why do we see Sam dressed up 2 times in different wedding dresses. There is a picture of her with children in a white gown where she is sitting down and then of course the picture with Jack at the altar.

Is it possible that we actually have 2 weddings?

The sitting down picture is the made up wedding for the proposed (pardon the pun) TV show and the picture with Jack at the altar is a real time wedding thrown in at the end of the show as a surprise?
                            Spoiler:
                            I don't think the other one is a wedding dress. I think it's the Wizard of Oz and she's the good witch. I think the people are Munchkins. In the preview for next week I saw them walking down a road...perhaps the yellow brick road? We'll just have to wait and see and hope TPTB surprise us.

Comment

Spoiler:

But sadly, I think that is too much to ask from TPTB. So I'm holding out for an all-out fake wedding, complete with a big honkin' kiss, and then confirmation that S&J are in a relationship....
                              Spoiler:
                              That's what I'm holding out for too. Give me a wonderful fake wedding, then a hint that something REAL is going on between them. That will satisfy me...for now.

Comment

In response to LA Doyle-I'm a high school teacher and during the school year and don't get a lot of time to be on my home PC and of course at school if I started looking at Gateworld I wouldn't get anything done! Plus I'm new to this whole experience of bulletin boards-but I'm willing to learn!

My family and students know I am a Stargate nut (my family thinks I'm obsessed). My youngest (7) has been in love with Jack O'Neill since she was three and is also a "shipper"!
                                Oh, okay. I start my last semester at school(student teaching!) next week, so I will completely understand not having the time. Oh, and your child has good taste!

Comment

Working...
                                X