This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    Maybe the fish means that the timeline has improved. Not only does he have fish in his pond, he has the girl too. Life got better for Jack O'Neill.
    I love this explaination of where the fish came from, Rogue. It's how I'm gonna think from now on!
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      SHIP SHIP HOORAY Special Ops Team (SSHSOT)UPDATE

WELCOME TO ALL NEW TEAM MEMBERS!!!

Visit, chat, play, squee!!!
      Join us on Sam and Jack Shippy Holidays and Ship Day in July!
      It's all about Sam and Jack!

THE TEAM HAS 53 SPECIAL OPS MEMBERS!!! SWEET!!!

Members may be Shippers or Friends of Sam and Jack.
      We are a welcoming team. PM me if you are joining.

LOL4JACK
      nell
      sg-1fanintn
      florence
      Lys(friend of Sam and Jack)
      TracyJane
      sueKay
      michelleb
      mishy_mo
      Cathain Nottingham
      trupi
      Myrth
      lonely_star
      ParadoxRealities
      SG-1Poz
      Somnium
      misstweedledee
      Sam_Carter
      MajorSam
      _Anubis
      LtColonelSamC
      Cassie
      Gatetrixer
      jafacakes
      MirthMistress
      wynter
      gwenhwyfar
      Matto Innamorato
      Toll Verliebt
      sugarshaker
      AmberLM
      shipper hannah
      mad gater
      pittsburghgirl
      Ancient 61
      cute_az_can_be
      L.A.Doyle
      majorsal
      Terrah
      Vicky
      shelsfc
      true_romance
      K8tbug1
      zuz
      starflight
      hope leslie hermnharry
      RepliCartertje
      Lesleyp
      aske
      hopalong
      chelle db
      stargate-princess
      Rory J
      Nolamom
      scifi_girl
      I may mostly lurk, but I think of myself as part of the S/J Shipper family--team/whatever.

I'm going to have to miss Shipper Day because I'll be on vacation , but away from a computer--I think I'll survive Y'all do us shippers proud.

Bucky

Comment

RDA is only a few votes away from losing 3rd place at Celeeb. If anybody has an account, he needs votes ASAP.

http://www.celeeb.com/richard-dean-anderson/

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by stargate-princess
          so does Sam call Cam 'Cam' because there the same rank? the first time i heard her say that i thought that was a little weird...but i think it's because i was used to her calling Jack sir or Colonel all the time. damn ranks! if only they were the same, then she could have called him jack all the time
          I like that Sam calls Jack Colonel or sir but just uses Cameron's name. When Sam says colonel it is to remind herself that he is unattainable. She doesn't need that with Cameron, because there is no attraction between them. I wonder what Sam calls Jack now. We may need to listen with our shippy antenas.
          WELCOME JACKANDSAMADDICT!
          CONGRATS RACHEL500! I TRIED TO GREEN YOU, BUT I'M SUPPOSED TO SPREAD THE GREEN!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            RDA is only a few votes away from losing 3rd place at Celeeb. If anybody has an account, he needs votes ASAP.

http://www.celeeb.com/richard-dean-anderson/
            I keep trying to set up an account and I never get my confirmation email. I guess I'll set up a secondary email account and try that. Wow, the things we do for our ship!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
              So, this is my 100th post and I wanted it to be here.

I just want to use it to say a big thank you to everyone for making us newbies feel welcome.

Forums can seem like big, unfriendly places but there is a big effort made here on this thread not only to welcome the new guys but to acknowledge that they're contributing. Other places it can sometimes seem if you're not among the three or four people who obviously 'know' each other, your views or your contribution is quickly skipped over.

Equally, there is a healthy debate here and people can have differing viewpoints while other forums/threads can seem intimidating at times if you don't share the main view. I never worry about posting what I think/feel here.

And uh to bring this back on topic, I have to say that I think that's in part down to the type of person that a S/J pairing attracts; honourable, romantic, patient (very patient) and wanting to live up to the ideals of our favourite pair.

So, thank you everyone.
              Congratulations

That first hundred flew by real quick!

Lookin' forward to the next hundred
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                I may mostly lurk, but I think of myself as part of the S/J Shipper family--team/whatever.

I'm going to have to miss Shipper Day because I'll be on vacation , but away from a computer--I think I'll survive Y'all do us shippers proud.
                Just send Nell a PM and she'll put your name on the list! I'm sad to hear you won't be here on Friday; we'll try to be extra shippery to do you proud!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  ooooooooh I hardly can't wait...ooh is it friday yet?? Is it??? Is it
                  And I just have heard that only have to work from 8am till 2pm so I will spend the rest of the day here
                  ooh wait how about food??? ooh well I can survive without food for a day...As long as I survive ship day

as for polls:
                  *nicest place they went togheter
                  *nicest line to say to eachother
                  *nicest refusal of something
                  *nicest moment close togheter

get to get back to work for a moment... Oh well luckely there isn't posted that much so I can catch up while working

EDIT: I love the idea of the best squeeeee but what is for one squee-worthy isn't for the other one. So what do you put in the poll than??? And what does a moment make it squee-worthy????
                  Whatever makes you squee! It will be different for each of us, and that's good cos it gives us different things to vote for

Okay Campers! It's time to chose the subject for our ship day poll! Here are the nominations:

Favourite Look
                  Favourite Angsty Moment
                  Favourite Squee-Worthy Moment
                  or the list that Replicartertje suggests above.

Can we have all votes in by tomorrow US Eastern 7am / UK 12 midday please. Then we can start suggesting our favourite moments to vote on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                    I like that Sam calls Jack Colonel or sir but just uses Cameron's name. When Sam says colonel it is to remind herself that he is unattainable. She doesn't need that with Cameron, because there is no attraction between them.
                    There's no official rules surrounding first name usage in the military, or at the very least, within the Air Force (which is all I'm qualified to comment on). Sam and Mitchell are the same rank, so it's fine if they use their names instead of rank. And it's fine if Jack calls her Sam around the base or anywhere else. But when they are in the field, last names are usually used and you call your superior officer by their rank. Any other time, it's really up to the person, but you should be mindful of how chummy you act when you're in a work environment and other personel are around. Just shedding some light.

I still get shivers when Sam calls Jack by his first name, like in the Lost City. It just seems so intimate and personal. The same when Jack called her Sam in Singularity. You kind of feel uncomfortable for the other characters in the scene, at least I do.

By the way, my vote for the poll is squee-worthy moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

My vote is for favorite angsty moment! We sure have a lot of those to choose from!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                        My vote is for favorite angsty moment! We sure have a lot of those to choose from!
                        I am going to follow you! I also go for angsty moment

Comment

I'll go with favourite angsty moment.
                          Though I also like RepliCartertje's favourite line they've said to each other.

I'm already torn between two or three for each of them!!

Comment

And another quick reminder as we have 12 lurkers at the moment!! What a time to delurk

Here we are folks, the official Opening Times of the 4th Annual Ship Day Thread. Shipperahoy will be opening the thread and posting links all over for it

sigpic

Comment

Delurking is so easy! You can do it in just a few minutes. We'll wecome you and you can join us for Ship day! Don't delay, it's just a day away!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                                And another quick reminder as we have 12 lurkers at the moment!! What a time to delurk

Here we are folks, the official Opening Times of the 4th Annual Ship Day Thread. Shipperahoy will be opening the thread and posting links all over for it

Woohoo!!! It's so close!! I'll be in work for the afternoon(GMT) but I'll try to get on as much as possible.
                                Ship Day!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X