This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    personally for me, i said from the second pete was announced that his purpose there was to enable sam to experience a "normal" relationship and to have it fail so that no body could say she hadn't had that....... just saving space.......until threads, neither one of them knew for sure that they both still felt the same as they did in season 4.
    I totally agree with your great post!
    I think if you look at both Jack and Sam you can see where their life experiences in the past would make them a little gun shy to be open with their feelings for each other.
    Jack:
    Not so into school growing up (his clone even wanting to do it right the second time around)
    Special ops trained...don't show emotion
    Happy marriage, everything smiles and hugs and then....tragedy
    Jack now keeps his feelings on the low key.
    He'd rather go in acting the clown or making light of something, than let people see him hurt (or what he might think equals weakness)
    Sam:
    Lost her mother at a young age.
    Lived with her brother and Dad.
    Her father was career military. He knew how to deal with Airmen, but not so much daughters.
    Sam had to prove herself, first to her father and then to the "boys club" in the AF(arm wrestle ).
    Her engagement with Jonas and the way he treated her.
    It seems that she wants the guy to show the first interest, before she'll stick her neck out. Kind of like how she works. Sam has to know all the variables of a problem and the solution before taking action.
    Blind faith for both Jack and Sam is in short supply.

But then again.....
    IT'S BEEN TEN YEARS FCOL!!!

Woo, look what one Dr. P does to me!
    Rocketgal

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Wow! It has been slow! I think ship day is the 28th and I can't wait!
      Hi LA!! What do we do for ship day??
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Fly-by post!

I've been offline since Friday night. I was voting for AT on the site many of us had been visiting for several days, when suddenly, i lost my internet connection and couldn't get back on.

Wel, spank me, Rosie!!!!!

Luckily, Hubby's broadcast engineer (who is currently in Texas) got on the phone with us tonight to fix the problem. I think maybe someone got tired of how fast AT was moving up and [/spoilers] attached a worm of some sort to their site??? [/spoilers] At any rate, I'm using a borrowed laptop to post now, and hopefully, my main problem will be fixed by bedtime. Hope no one else encountered what I did, but I wanted all to know where the heck I had been since Friday!

Pardon the OT nature of the post, please. Hope to be back in safe GW waters with you tomorrow. And to be on topic just a little:

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          personally for me, i said from the second pete was announced that his purpose there was to enable sam to experience a "normal" relationship and to have it fail so that no body could say she hadn't had that. his purpose was to be a catalyst for sam and jack realising that they both still loved each other, and that it wasn't going to go away, and that they couldn't have anyone else because they need each other. he was there because while jack had been seen with others, sam had not. i always believed that pete was introduced so that sam and jack could finally get together, and i don't think they intended originally for it to continue as long as it did. i think they thought season 7 was it, and they would get together at the end of it (or in the movie that was planned). then they got season 8 and had to drag it out for another year.

i don't think she did stop to consider jack, but when she started to see pete it wasn't serious, and when jack found out about it she told him as much. he acted very non-challant about the whole thing, told her he was happy she'd gotten a life, and she thought, oh, well, he's really over me, it's time i got over him. the problem here is that jack is just too damn good at hiding his emotions. and while we as the audience can see through this, having the advantage of looking in from the outside and not being involved, they can't see it. not only because they are written that way for convieniance on the show, but because often this is how it happens in real life. how many times do people miss out entirely on the opportunity of relationship with someone they like because they don't believe the other person feels the same way, even though others around them can see that they do.

also, eventually one of them was going to move on or go out with someone. and for that matter, how do we know that neither one of them was seeing someone before this, just because it wasn't shown. how do we know that jack wouldn't have gone out with kerry anyway even if sam weren't with pete? kerry was there to serve the same purpose as pete, although in a far less painful way because it was only for one episode and she wasn't a moron.

neither one of them could have known how the other felt, because they were too involved in the situation. neither one of them can be blamed for wanting to move on. they had been through 7 years of it already, and there was no end in sight. for all they knew the war was never going to end, and when they beat one enemy they still had the other right there. nothing was going to change and if i were sam i think i'd have tried to move on long before she did. personally (and this is just me here) i think that its not important that she tried to move on and get over him, but that she failed.

we know she's considered how she'd feel if jack were with somebody because she's experienced it when she saw him with lara. and she was crushed, but they did both have the right to try to move on. and again, she couldn't have known she was hurting jack because she couldn't have known that he was still in love with her. and even then she didn't advertise her attempt at getting a life outside the sgc until he pushed it.

until threads, neither one of them knew for sure that they both still felt the same as they did in season 4.
          Brilliant post SB!! So now I think it's about time the ship came into port!!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
            Hi LA!! What do we do for ship day??
            For ship day we celebrate our ship with pics, fics, videos-anything shippy! It's my first one too, so I can't wait!

Well...I'm going to work on a few things to bring...but it's a surprise!

Comment

Great to have you back sg1 fanintn!!
              My hubby says I'm obsessed cos I can't go a day without going into GW...what a load of croc ...I can...but it nearly kills me! I've gone 2 whole days without GW and it was tough...I had so much to catch up on when I got back and I missed everyone!!
              Am I a sad act or what??
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

For ship day we celebrate our ship with pics, fics, videos-anything shippy! It's my first one too, so I can't wait!

Well...I'm going to work on a few things to bring...but it's a surprise!
                Hi Shippers,
                I'm out of town for the holiday weekend but I had to check in for some SQUEE time!!! Hey, we love surprises for Ship Day!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                  Hi Shippers,
                  I'm out of town for the holiday weekend but I had to check in for some SQUEE time!!! Hey, we love surprises for Ship Day!!!
                  Hey nell! Getting ready for Shore Leave?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                    IMO it did really happened. Because RC has the memories of sam and the only way to let her hare the humans is by telling them how bad and not good they are... So fifth had to do something for it. And also fifth had to know that RC had feelings for Jack (she does have all the memories of sam so...) and because of the link between the replicators, he knew. So the only way to make RC what she bacame is by killing the ones Sam loves. But fifth didn't know that RC would betraye him. Still I find that kind of strange, if every replicater is linked to all the other replicators how is it possible that Fifth didn't know about that, that means that RC could break the link? Is fifth stupid? I mean he knows that RC has all the memories of Sam, so he had to know that RC would betray him too, like sam did in unnatural selection.

Nice screencaps
                    And that scene is really great. The look on RC's face. I wonder would she really felt the same way about Jack that Sam? I mean she does have all her memories so...
                    I agree that it was odd that Fifth didn't know RC was going to betray him, but I think that Fifth was blinded by his feelings for Sam. Remember, he hasn't had the experiences that a human would have. Yes, Sam betrayed him, but he is a machine and so is RC. He probably believed that her being like him would make her want to stay with him vs. Jack. Also, RC and Fifth were supposedly in on it together, so he was expecting to be "betrayed". He just didn't know the "betrayal" would be real. I do believe that the memories RC shared with Sam were real. It makes sense that Fifth would have tested her before attempting revenge on SG1, and since she passed his test he trusted her.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                      Great to have you back sg1 fanintn!!
                      My hubby says I'm obsessed cos I can't go a day without going into GW...what a load of croc ...I can...but it nearly kills me! I've gone 2 whole days without GW and it was tough...I had so much to catch up on when I got back and I missed everyone!!
                      Am I a sad act or what??
                      Hee, hee, hee!!! Here I am on a little vacation checking in with my Shipper Family!!! Hubby is watching his TV show and not a peep from him about my "daily fix" of SQUEEs and THUNKs!!! Hubbies sometimes need a little time to understand our passion for The Ship!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketgal
                        I totally agree with your great post!
                        I think if you look at both Jack and Sam you can see where their life experiences in the past would make them a little gun shy to be open with their feelings for each other.
                        Jack:
                        Not so into school growing up (his clone even wanting to do it right the second time around)
                        Special ops trained...don't show emotion
                        Happy marriage, everything smiles and hugs and then....tragedy
                        Jack now keeps his feelings on the low key.
                        He'd rather go in acting the clown or making light of something, than let people see him hurt (or what he might think equals weakness)
                        Sam:
                        Lost her mother at a young age.
                        Lived with her brother and Dad.
                        Her father was career military. He knew how to deal with Airmen, but not so much daughters.
                        Sam had to prove herself, first to her father and then to the "boys club" in the AF(arm wrestle ).
                        Her engagement with Jonas and the way he treated her.
                        It seems that she wants the guy to show the first interest, before she'll stick her neck out. Kind of like how she works. Sam has to know all the variables of a problem and the solution before taking action.
                        Blind faith for both Jack and Sam is in short supply.

But then again.....
                        IT'S BEEN TEN YEARS FCOL!!!

Woo, look what one Dr. P does to me!
                        Great post! I think that it sums up their feelings/issues really well.
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Hey nell! Getting ready for Shore Leave?
                          Yep!! I am very excited to meet Jack's sweetheart, Sam!!! I will have my notebook and plan to report all juicy shippy details as they unfold!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep!! I am very excited to meet Jack's sweetheart, Sam!!! I will have my notebook and plan to report all juicy shippy details as they unfold!!
                            Wow, I'm excited for you! I can't wait until my con...but I have 8 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days. Tell AT I expect her there!

Comment

Hee, hee, hee!!! Here I am on a little vacation checking in with my Shipper Family!!! Hubby is watching his TV show and not a peep from him about my "daily fix" of SQUEEs and THUNKs!!! Hubbies sometimes need a little time to understand our passion for The Ship!!!
                              LOL!! I've tried to explain the bliss that is Stargate but he just doesn't get it...I guess we can't all be perfect!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Have fun at shore leave nell and please...if you can...can you ask Amanda to come to Australia cos chelle db would really love to meet her!!
                                Seriously though...I did ask Rachel (VASF) to ask Amanda the same thing but I figure the more who ask the more she might realise how much we miss her.
                                We don't get cons over here...nothing like the ones you guys get anyway.
                                Please tell her we would love to see her down under!!!
                                Thanks nell!!
                                Anyone else who's going...could you do the same...please?????
                                Thanks...have fun everyone who's going to Shore Leave!!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X