This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    That's the only thing that needed to be changed. I love it! I want one Liz! It's prettiful! So newbies get one as well as us? Or maybe they get a special one that says something about OD delurking them. Ideas anyone?
    Thanks!!! This one is for us
    I'll make one for you if you want to but you can ask for other pics and such!
    Newbies will receive a special one that is related to one of your post *grins mysteriously*

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
      Hi, as some of you might know i'm not a S/J shipper, however i do lurk because i like reading different opinions. And one day i think someone someone was asking how to frame something, and someone else posted that picture from PoV, and i had an idea about a wedding portrait, and i hope you don't mind my posting it here .

A different version.
      Spoiler:
      Oh wow, really good!

I should probably post that in the Sparky thread, but it may slip my mind by the time I get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
        Newbies will receive a special one that is related to one of your post *grins mysteriously*
        Well this one is really cool... and still I think that people who delurked should get a thingie so that they have no reason anymore to be lurking so...

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
          If memory serves, its 28th July. I can't remember the exact timings - I think it started at 5am for me (gmt) making it midnight ... errrr... EST?

There are plenty of knowledable shippers out there who know all the details by heart. I know Bev (Dipsofjazz) usually is a fount of knowledge of all things shippy, as is Sally.
          i know things?

i'm *supposed* to know things?

ah oh.

okay, all i know is sam and jack are THE hottest couple of all time! and there WILL be s/j ship in season 10!

there.

is that enough of knowing things?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
            This I have to see, Liz! I trust you to make it especially shippy and wonderful! I can't wait to see mine!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
              Random post...

Was just watching "It's Good to be King" From S8... just had to point out the lovely part where Jack sends Daniel and Teal'c off to the gate and proclaims

"Carter, you and I are going to go handle the ship"

Lol, my friend and I just enjoyed that part y'know, Sam, Jack, a Puddle Jumper...
              Thanks, MajorSam!!! It never occurred to me that TPTB may have purposefully written something clever like that!!! I'm going to watch that right now!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome Tita J!

Now in my madly watching episodes before season 9 begins I have made a few observations:

'Full Circle'

I know this has been said before, but the scene where Skaara was talking about his upcoming wedding was sooo cute!!!!!!!!! The slight smile on Sam's face when Skaara asked whether they'd be coming together, and Jack's awkwardness when Sam said "as friends going to a wedding", it had me rewinding and rewatching and squeeing. Poor Jack looked a little disappointed when Sam gave that explanation, like he wanted more.

'Space Race'

I thought their interactive scenes were cute also. I liked when Jack contacted her during the race to tell her that they had negotiated for the use of an ion drive to study, so she didn't need to get hurt in the race. He so didn't want anything to happen to her!

'Avenger 2.0'

I liked the scene where Jack called in to give an update, and Hammond told him where Sam was. "That's occupied territory, sir." and "She went alone?" were telling, so was his sarcastic remark about inspiring confidence that Felger was there. The sarcasm would have hid his obvious worry, but I don't think Hammond was fooled.

And of course, he had to go to her rescue...

'Evolution'

The scene where Jack told Sam that he was going after Daniel was rather telling. They were both concerned for their friend, but they were also concerned for each other. Jack knew that Sam's mission was at the least potentially dangerous, and Sam had to have known that Jack was going into dangerous territory. I'm not sure about Sam, but I could tell that Jack didn't like the idea of Sam going on her mission without him.

Okay, I also have observations from 'Grace', some of which I've said before, but they were long, so will be in a separate post. More coming...

Comment

Thoughts on 'Grace'

I've seen 'Grace' before, and I've posted my views here before (somewhere in the bowels of the thread). This time around I found the ep on the sad side, the halucination with Jack especially. It was like the talk with her 'father', then the talk with 'Jack' made her realise that her life had stagnated, at least on that front.

That said, I do think that Grace was her daughter. The whole scenario reminds me of a book I like by Lois Duncan called The Eyes of Karen Connors. It's about a teenager who discovers she's psychic and gets herself caught up in a baby kidnapping ring (to put it very basically). As the situation gets more and more dangerous for her, Karen has visions of a little girl, who reveals herself to be her future daughter. She would show herself to stop Karen, and make sure she lived so that she (the girl) would be born. At one point this vision said to Karen "If you die, I am never to be!"

In a very real sense, that's what the vision of Grace was like to Sam, someone prompting Sam to do what she needed to do to survive in a manner that was more likely to get through than visions of her friends. And think about this: when Sam asked her who she was, Grace said "You know." When Sam insited she didn't know, a vision of her father appeared to tell her that she deserved to love someone and be loved in return (which prompted visions of Moulin Rouge on my part, but that's another story). Anyway, the point is, Sam didn't know who Grace was, so she gets a vision of her father prompting her to get a love life, which she would need to do for Grace to eventually be born.

Speaking of which, I really understand why Sam chose to start seeing Pete. Both the visions of her father and Jack told her she deserved more. Moreover, her father told her she deserved to be loved in return. As much as she loves Jack, their current situation precludes that from happening, at least openly. With 'Jack' telling her that he was a safe bet, is it any wonder that she chose to start seeing someone else?

With regards to the "Excuse me?" at the end, I think that Jack was just surprised when she called him by his first name. But as she was doubting he still had feelings for her when she talked to 'him' while halucinating, I can see that as the "nail in the coffin" of that dream, and the catylist for her moving on. As cute as the elevator scene in 'Chimera' was, it was also awkward.

Comment

First of all, thanks for the S6 and S7 suggestions for clips I received yesterday- I was able to incorporate some of them.

I'm finally done! YAY! Here is my first Sam/Jack shippy vid set to Hold On by Sarah McLachlan.

It is naturally full of Sam and Jack shippy goodness of both the happy and the angsty variety. I really hope I've done my fellow shippers proud! Hope you like it!! *G*

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      Here is the link to the third annual ship day and the second annual ship day. I'll throw in the shipper archive too, just for fun.

It has to be July 28th because it's such a special day.
                      Hmmmmmm? July 28 is a Friday. EXCELLENT!! Well, looks like we can start planning soon. I will be out of town this weekend. Oh, I'll be out of town the following weekend, too. OK, Shippers, I'll join in on the planning during next week on weeknights.

Please check out dipsofjazz's links to past Ship Days. We'll need volunteers for the Invitation Post, polls are popular, my personal favorite is picture stories, and so on.
                      sigpic

Comment

night.

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                          That said, I do think that Grace was her daughter. The whole scenario reminds me of a book I like by Lois Duncan called The Eyes of Karen Connors. It's about a teenager who discovers she's psychic and gets herself caught up in a baby kidnapping ring (to put it very basically). As the situation gets more and more dangerous for her, Karen has visions of a little girl, who reveals herself to be her future daughter. She would show herself to stop Karen, and make sure she lived so that she (the girl) would be born. At one point this vision said to Karen "If you die, I am never to be!"
                          I figured that Grace might have been the child Sam imagined herself having one day - if so, the fact that the little girl looked as though she could have a healthy dose of Jack's DNA is very telling - rather than an actual vision of her future. The idea of precognition is an interesting one, though.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I hope I'll be able to make Shipper Day.Something always comes up and I miss them.Regarding Sam/Jack Ship anyone think there will be more mention of Jack and possibly the Sam/Jack Ship in the episodes that do not contain RDA?

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                              I hope I'll be able to make Shipper Day.Something always comes up and I miss them.Regarding Sam/Jack Ship anyone think there will be more mention of Jack and possibly the Sam/Jack Ship in the episodes that do not contain RDA?
                              Hi ses110!!! Well, I've been wondering if TPTB will use
                              Spoiler:
                              Barrett to meet up with Sam and reveal some shippy bit again?? Will they be in the same episode?

I'm imagining...
                              Agent Barrett: Colonel Carter...um, hello.
                              Sam: Agent Barrett, how are you?
                              Agent Barrett: Fine, fine. So, how exactly single are you?
                              Sam: **blushes and fidgets** I'm seeing someone. Now, can we get back to the mission?
                              Agent Barrett: **mutters under his breath** Lucky guy!
                              sigpic

Comment

Can anyone tell me where to see those pics of ep200? And also where did they come from? Besides Mala. Did they show those scenes on Monday night or Friday night? I'm watching my tape of last Monday but so far nothing from S10.

Comment

Working...
                                X