Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Kinsey's out of the picture, it would be easier to take the lesser of the reprimands. Kinsey would have seen them under the jail.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      trupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupi

CONGRATULATIONS ON 2000 BIG, HONKIN' POSTS!!!
      I'll drink to that! Your extraordinary shippertude is an inspiration to us all.

sigpic
      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
        Hi guys! I wonder if our family members across the pond can give us some information about Somerset, like difficulty of getting from the airport, hotels,food etc. Like is it very tiny city, or someplace in between, gets lots of tourist or the residents going to get the shock of their lives when all the SG fans descend on their peaceful city(you know what I mean). I went to Wales last year, to the choral competitions and loved that. Is it similar? I want the insider stuff, not candy coated.
        OK well. Somerset is a county (which is kinda like a state, but smaller). Mostly old people live there. ( I exaggerate) Probably the best airport to get there from would be Heathrow. London is about 3 hours drive away. (and remember, if you drive, we drive on the LEFT side of the road ). There are hotels, motels, B and B's etc, but as I don't know which town the convention will be in, I couldn't tell you which sort there would be. It doesn't get a lot of tourists. It's in the country (sheep smell, you know what i mean).

er, i think thats about all i know. i don't know how it compares to wales. all i know is that it has better weather
        THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
          That's the truth. They would most likely be dismissed, the comissioned form of dishonorable discharge. They could very likely be sent to jail, probably Leavenworth. It's possible that given their past contributions to the security of the universe that they would be given the option of retirement but it would take some powerful influence from higher ups to keep truly nasty stuff from happening. One possiblility, though, would be intervention by the President. Given the classified nature of their work, charges could be kept from running through the Air Force grapevine and Hayes could nip the whole thing in the bud, accept their retirement and keep reputational damage to a minimum. It would be worst on Sam, gotta love double standards, but they could live a comparatively normal life. Maybe not ideal, but normal.
          Isn't there a Court Martial on some occasions?
          Last edited by Lizlove; 11 June 2006, 11:03 AM.

Comment

A court martial is a trial. After the courts martial (plural since each would have one) the sentences would be decided.

Comment

Marion see you lurking....Happy Birthday! Glad you came to visit, you are missed!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                A court martial is a trial. After the courts martial (plural since each would have one) the sentences would be decided.
                OK thanks!
                Now I think you can have relationships between 2 officers if they don't work for the same people? Right?
                So, Jack being head of Homeworld Security is still Sam's superior?
                If Sam had to report directly to the President or someone that has nothing to do with HS would that still mean she's in Jack's direct chain of command and can't have a relationship with him?
                You following?

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluestring
                  OK well. Somerset is a county (which is kinda like a state, but smaller). Mostly old people live there. ( I exaggerate) Probably the best airport to get there from would be Heathrow. London is about 3 hours drive away. (and remember, if you drive, we drive on the LEFT side of the road ). There are hotels, motels, B and B's etc, but as I don't know which town the convention will be in, I couldn't tell you which sort there would be. It doesn't get a lot of tourists. It's in the country (sheep smell, you know what i mean).

er, i think thats about all i know. i don't know how it compares to wales. all i know is that it has better weather
                  yeah it does have better than wales (trust me i live in wales, and we get a lot of rain ) but we've had really nice sunny weather in wales for the past week. yippee. i went to someset once on holidays and although i was younger i do remember that it was really quiet and my mum is now chipping in saying it was quaint. i remember it as being a really nice place.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Marion see you lurking....Happy Birthday! Glad you came to visit, you are missed!
                    (((((((((Trupi)))))))))

Indeed I've been reading the last 10 pages or so cause I'm BACK !!!!! Since yesterday I finally have a little more time and a great internet connection !!!!! so I hope to stay among my pinguin friends a lot more than I used to the last months!!

Thanks to Terrah and Scifi_girl for the bday wishes, having a little thought for me despite the fact that I was away was very cool

Now Trupi....what could I say to mam' Trupi ?!! CONGRATS on 2000 !!!!! (and thanks too for the bday ) I was reading your last posts and was LMAO and wow-ing all the way !! you gave me the desire to be back more often; I hope I'll manage it

I learned about Avalon, unfortunately I can't afford it but I hope you guys will be able to go and have fun with RDA and AT...that will surely be great !!
                    While I was away I had the opportunity to meet Carolina (Lol4Jack) for the second time and that was great. I also had a conf call with her, Lys, and Florence and that was awesome. I wish you guys the same experience of meeting great people and sharing a little of your life with GW friends it's crazy how such an impersonnal thing as typing on a computer can turn in something so friendly. I hope I'll be able to meet some of you guys some day !

I'm so glad that RDA is back but I think I'll try to stay spoiler free (for once !!) and wait and see...crossing my fingers all the way until this BHKiss we're all waiting for !!!!!

Gotta have to work on a new shippy sig...until then I can still share a little something with you As a shipper I like the proximity between them, love the touching, and ADORE the kisses !!! but what I like above all is that they only eyes for each other...

no matters the pain...

nor the situation,

the place

or the time

they just keep looking at each other

always...

Comment

I wish I could stay longer but the soccer game is waiting for me

It was really awesome to be back reading you guys and having fun with the caps !! I'll try to make a new sig soon and to be back tomorrow !
                      I've missed you and am glad to be back to share some fun and hopes for our beloved couple

long life to the S/J ship !!!!!
                      have a great night or day wherever you come from !!

frenchie hugs to all of you !!
                      ((((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                        OK thanks!
                        Now I think you can have relationships between 2 officers if they don't work for the same people? Right?
                        So, Jack being head of Homeworld Security is still Sam's superior?
                        If Sam had to report directly to the President or someone that has nothing to do with HS would that still mean she's in Jack's direct chain of command and can't have a relationship with him?
                        You following?
                        It's such a pity that two people in that situation would find it so difficult to have a relationship - I mean, I understand why the regs are there, but it still seems unfair. I'd like to think Sam and Jack's years of saving the planet will have bought them some brownie points!

Comment

aww, i feel sorry for people in the Air Force! (glad im not... yet!)
                          THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Hi guys! I wonder if our family members across the pond can give us some information about Somerset, like difficulty of getting from the airport, hotels,food etc. Like is it very tiny city, or someplace in between, gets lots of tourist or the residents going to get the shock of their lives when all the SG fans descend on their peaceful city(you know what I mean). I went to Wales last year, to the choral competitions and loved that. Is it similar? I want the insider stuff, not candy coated.
                            If you look at the Gabit website, there's a page about Wells, where the event is taking place. You can read about it here. You can also find information here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluestring

Thanks for the insider's informations!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well just checked British airways. Round trip for me and my husband is 2900 US. One flight goes to London and then we fly the rest to Bristol which gets in at 2pm Friday. We still would have to take a cab ride to Wells(hour +). Then the hotels would cost around 160 US per night. Didn't check food cost and whatever but I figure all in alll 5000US plus. For 4 days in England (two just for traveling) and for 4 hours with RDA and AT?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X