Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waw that convention thing is in Somerset....

my GRANDPARENTS live in Somerset!

hmm... interesting...
    THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
    Spoiler:

Comment

lol!.. i no wat r thinking
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Congrats on 2000 post Trupi

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluestring
          Waw that convention thing is in Somerset....

my GRANDPARENTS live in Somerset!

hmm... interesting...
          Hi guys! I wonder if our family members across the pond can give us some information about Somerset, like difficulty of getting from the airport, hotels,food etc. Like is it very tiny city, or someplace in between, gets lots of tourist or the residents going to get the shock of their lives when all the SG fans descend on their peaceful city(you know what I mean). I went to Wales last year, to the choral competitions and loved that. Is it similar? I want the insider stuff, not candy coated.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            *Sighs* I can't go to the UK. The money, the scheduling. Nope, won't work. I'm having a hard enough time going to Vancouver! I so wish I could go!! RDA and AT?

I can only hope that at least Amanda shows up at the one I'm going to. And maybe RDA will just be so so bored, he'll come to! A girl can dream, can't she?
            I could probably afford the ticket to that event more than I can for the BOBW held here in Australia. I just checked out the ticket prices and unless I'm reading it totally wrong (which I doubt I am) the ticket prices start at $99 which gives you a seat but no meet then the next one is $1000 which is ok but that's a lot of dosh and then you get the VIP which is $2000...ouch! Then the only name I can recognize is Dan Shea. Now don't get me wrong, I like the guy but I wouldn't pay that kinda money to see him. My only problem of that RDA/AT event is affording the plane ticket out of Australia!! Well that's my little whinge for the day. Have fun everyone!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Bump up to better accommadations!
              sigpic

Comment

HOORAY TRUPI!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! There's no way I can make it to Avalon, either. When I saw it was in Sommerset I got happy because we have friends there. Then I realized that it was UK an not the University of Kentucky. Momentary insanity and hopefulness was quickly replace by sort of sanity (as close as I get, anyway) and reality loomed large.

Trupi, I don't know how many you're cooking for but the most memorable Chrismas dinner we ever had was the year we had frozen pizza and played my new Bionic Woman boardgame. Chrismas day we got a call from my grandparents saying that they were flying in the next day. So Mom put all the fixin's back in the fridge and we had it the next day. Just a thought. It really is the most memorable. Sometimes it's the screwy departures from the norm that are the most fun and enjoyable. Hope this helps.

Comment

trupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupitrupi

CONGRATULATIONS ON 2000 BIG, HONKIN' POSTS!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS TRUPI ON 2000 POSTS!!!!!

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                      HOORAY TRUPI!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! There's no way I can make it to Avalon, either. When I saw it was in Sommerset I got happy because we have friends there. Then I realized that it was UK an not the University of Kentucky. Momentary insanity and hopefulness was quickly replace by sort of sanity (as close as I get, anyway) and reality loomed large.

Trupi, I don't know how many you're cooking for but the most memorable Chrismas dinner we ever had was the year we had frozen pizza and played my new Bionic Woman boardgame. Chrismas day we got a call from my grandparents saying that they were flying in the next day. So Mom put all the fixin's back in the fridge and we had it the next day. Just a thought. It really is the most memorable. Sometimes it's the screwy departures from the norm that are the most fun and enjoyable. Hope this helps.
                      My mother's birthday is January 25 just like RDA's Birthday. I f he is anything like my mom, holy cow! They have long memories,want things done their way, and now! They don't want to hear about delay in the holidays, so being 83 and I don't want to argue with her , I'm stuck. Aquarius's are great people but when they want something they dig their feet in. I'm being Aries, I blow but know when to walk away (on certain things-heehee)!
                      sigpic

Comment

Now what goodies do I get from GW for reaching my 2000 post?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          Now what goodies do I get from GW for reaching my 2000 post?
                          Your own avatar I believe.

Comment

Congrats on 2000 Posts Trupi!!!

Spoiler:
                            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Hey i have a question that I hope some military knowledged person here can answer.

What would actually happen if they had a realtionship and a higher up found out? I've read in fanfics everything from they go to jail to just being discharged dishonorably. I've curious as to what would really happen.

Spoiler:
                              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

That's the truth. They would most likely be dismissed, the comissioned form of dishonorable discharge. They could very likely be sent to jail, probably Leavenworth. It's possible that given their past contributions to the security of the universe that they would be given the option of retirement but it would take some powerful influence from higher ups to keep truly nasty stuff from happening. One possiblility, though, would be intervention by the President. Given the classified nature of their work, charges could be kept from running through the Air Force grapevine and Hayes could nip the whole thing in the bud, accept their retirement and keep reputational damage to a minimum. It would be worst on Sam, gotta love double standards, but they could live a comparatively normal life. Maybe not ideal, but normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X