X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicky
    @FaithStars: that was so sweet!!

You know I don't mind what was said there. We all know that sometimes they say what TPTB want them to say.
    And actually, I like what they said. IMO, they just said what we all said, that we don't want them to botch the ship.
    IMO that article wasn't exactly good journalism in any way. i just got the impression from it that the writer of it didn't really have much of a clue what was going on with the show, and thought that all sci fi was the same.

i get the impression from it that anything that was said in jest was taken as fact, and that it was almost a compilation of various random comments from different interviews i've seen or heard over the last year or so put together, and largely out of context.

now maybe i read it wrong, but i wouldn't base any misgivings or happy thoughts on this particular article.

i always keep in mind with these things regardless of whether they read good or bad that they are not usually brimming with relavent and truthful information. they're usually biased, or ignorant regarding the show and its characters and storylines, and they're often misquotes or taken out of context. and sometimes they are even based on old interviews pieced together.

that and lately since sci fi started to take more control and interest in the show (or at least thats how it seems to me), the official info released is often warped and omitting important details. and its often just publicity without considering what's truth and what's not.

this season in particular they seem to be intent on sending out the most bizarre info and making vague contradictory statements. i think its just a ploy to get people interested again.

hopefully we'll have a couple of nice shippy bits though.

Comment

Shippy we will see. I mean, every time they're together on-screen...
      Just a look is enough

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
        @FaithStars: that was so sweet!!

You know I don't mind what was said there. We all know that sometimes they say what TPTB want them to say.
        And actually, I like what they said. IMO, they just said what we all said, that we don't want them to botch the ship.
        I hope so, it's just the tone of it (mind meld, pease) feels to me as if they are taking the mick out of shippers, and we'll just get stringed along for another season.

Comment

Vicky and Lizlove....Thanks guys! I have a few other possible scenes that I would love to see played out(obviously not gonna happen, just want to see something along those lines). I'll post them from time to time...

Stargate barbie, I feel your pain(LOL!). I try take what I read with a grain of salt, you never know what will truly happen until you see it with your own eyes. That is also why I try my darndest not to read any spoilers. My cousin Tori is an editor of a magazine and, luckily, she maintains high journalistic standards as well as making sure her writers do to. Some writers will always be "lackadazical"(sp?) about what they don't really know.....

Happy Posting
          It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINALYN!!!!

As for Jack and Sam, I don't want any sickly sweet scenes btw them. That's just not who they are. And they will get together before the end of the show. THEY WILL!!!

P.S. As for that article, judging by the writing, that person does not know a thing about the show. Argh....... MAJOR Carter, Season 8? Um...no.
            Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 05 June 2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
              P.S. As for that article, judging by the writing, that person does not know a thing about the show. Argh....... MAJOR Carter, Season 8? Um...no.
              Fly-by post, that's almost as bad as Steve Wilson (from CBBC) wearing an LAPD T-shirt to interview Amanda... urm, Stargate's filmed in 'Brollywood' not 'Hollywood', wrong COUNTRY, idiot!

I have no time or respect for people who don't do their research properly! If you're gonna make the effort to fly half way across the planet to interview someone, at least open a reference book first if you don't know anything about your interviewee! Or, failing that, just check your d**m plane tickets for your destination!

(Probably why 'Coronation Street' infuriates me sometimes!)

Edited to say: I suppose it could've been worse... he could've worn a Denver PD T-shirt!
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Several Gateworlders, including Queen Eleta, Rune and tsaxlady, attended a Sea Shepard event with RDA yesterday in San Diego. Several photos are posted on the Pegasus Galaxy website at: http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/...showtopic=2604

If you would like to see them. I understand there are also some on the RDA Thunk Thread, but haven't found those yet.

Off to search!
                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 05 June 2006, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I agree stargate barbie.Some of the comments seem to be from old interviews.I really wish the interviewer did a better job.Regarding the comments I'm no longer going to put stock in anything TPTB or Actors say.Even if they say Sam and Jack will get together.I just hope TPTB are smart enough to resolve the Sam/Jack Ship now that RDA is going to be in a couple of episodes.IMO most Shippers will not be in the mood to have to wait past Season 10.Unless the SG-1 Movie comes out right after Season 10.This may be TPTB last chance at making things right with a large group of Fans like the Shippers.Remember TPTB still have Atlantis and the new Series to worry about.IMO this is a good time to reach out to the Shippers.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Several Gateworlders, including Queen Eleta, Rune and tsaxlady, attended a Sea Shepard event with RDA yesterday in San Diego. Several photos are posted on the Pegasus Galaxy website at: http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/...showtopic=2604

if you would like to see them. I understand there are also some on the RDA Thunk Thread, but haven't found those yet.

Off to search!
                    very cool. very hot. is it just me or does he look a little younger there than he has lately?

Comment

if you would like to see them. I understand there are also some on the RDA Thunk Thread, but haven't found those yet.

Off to search!
                      Thanks for posting sg-1fanintn, I would green you, but I can't yet.

stargate barbie I agree he's looking very HOT

I have just read a FF About time by lesleyp I had no intention of staying up this late, but I couldn't stop reading.

Goodnight Shippers.

Comment

Off to search!
                        OMG How cute can one person can be! RDA looks great and he's 56! He gets better looking each year.
                        sigpic

Comment

Anyone hear that Brad Wright called SG-1 a Comedy? I hope he is kidding.I'm starting to think TPTB see this show as a Comedy.Just look at Vala and Mitchell.

Comment

Off to search!
                            Jack's talking to Sam!
                            http://pegasusgalaxy.com/~samssister...8502_Phone.jpg

sigpic
                            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Hi all. Sorry, real life been a bit hectic. Thanks for all the birthday wishes, it makes me happy! (Since my hubby forgot. I need a Daniel clone, he wouldn't forget, but thats another thread )Happy Birthday to anyone I have missed and congrats on those who have reached milestones. Hope I will be around a bit more! Thanks again everyone!

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
                                Thanks for posting sg-1fanintn, I would green you, but I can't yet.

stargate barbie I agree he's looking very HOT

I have just read a FF About time by lesleyp I had no intention of staying up this late, but I couldn't stop reading.

Goodnight Shippers.
                                Great story!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X