This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    I've said this before, and I know that technically it would be against the regs according this document, but just how far up would this "against the regs" go? Like someone said-- the president is the head of all the armed forces. So, would the president be unable to have friendships with anyone in the military because he is over them? There's got to be some sort of "buffer" or "layer" between some ranks or positions or this chain of command thing gets ridiculous. Sam said "Not Exactly" and I want to think that it meant something.
    It was me that mentioned it would eventually go all the way up to the president. I agree it gets ridiculous after a while. I wish there was someone with some real life experience in this area, because I'd really like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      As far as New Order goes, yeah, I wanted more, too. A lot more! But at least
      Spoiler:
      Sam had a knock-out smile for Jack! To me, her smile said alot! She blackmailed Weir and then travelled across the galaxy at great risk to her own life to solve the puzzle to revive Jack. Gee, guess Spud was low on the list of her priorities! Hee, hee!

Hey, no apology from me!!! I.Don't.Like.Spud!!!
      Low on the list is right! *Laughs evily at 's expense*

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
        So is SG1 remaining the same for all these years. In real life such a unit would have been desbanded and its members assigned to other units after a couple of years exactly for the same reasons,but tptb conviniently forget about that To my mind the regulations have been used as an excuse rather than a reason for sam and Jack not getting together as they pick and choose which ones to adhere to .
        being negative
        Spoiler:
        not necessarily. because SG-1 (and the entire SGC) is a very (very) specialized team that, shall we say, does not actually exist in the eyes of the AF, they could be kept together for much longer. they'd still fall under most other protocol, but probably not that.
        but hey, i guess they set themselves up for this then, didn't they?

i am REALLY starting to get...rrrrg-ed (yes, it's a verb) at RandomImage.net!! i want my sig back!!
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
          You call this having a good time Carter?
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...enermiessj.jpg

That Hammock in your back garden is starting to sound pretty good right now, Sir.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ermiessack.jpg
          Peace Author: Anunnaki
          I love these pics!!! The first caption that popped into my fron is.....
          "The couple that plays together, stays together." I know, I know, a silly cliche!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            ARGH...

So I really hope Sam and Jack aren't together now cause, um, it looks like it would be against the regs. Stupid regs.

But hey, Jack's
            Spoiler:
            supposed to retire in S10, right?
            BIG HONKIN' SPOILER for Season 10
            Spoiler:
            Hee, hee!! I wonder how many of my shipper buddies clicked the key so fast to see this one??!!

OK, back in April when we had the Shippy SciFi Stargate Monday night, AT said that Sam and Jack were no longer in the same chain of command so maybe they could have some fun!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              In general, no, not nearly as many as there used to be, but there is one dealer who still has a TON she carries. I'm not sure how many of them are new releases, as a lot of them are still available from previous years.

Online fanfic is definitely affecting zines, but many people still love to get print zines because of the ease of reading them as well as the fact that many fics online aren't proofed nearly as well as a print zine's stories are (which is an entirely different discussion <g>).
              Yes, that is an entirely different discussion. I think you have made the understatement of the century about online proofreading! I have read such a thread in GW about typos and grammar(and contributed one example) but discussion doesn't help the problem.......

I remember the thrill of finding a new zine in the mailbox, one which I had ordered months before-- I could hardly wait to curl up in an easy chair to read it. But that was then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                Yes, that is an entirely different discussion. I think you have made the understatement of the century about online proofreading! I have read such a thread in GW about typos and grammar(and contributed one example) but discussion doesn't help the problem.......

I remember the thrill of finding a new zine in the mailbox, one which I had ordered months before-- I could hardly wait to curl up in an easy chair to read it. But that was then.
                Well, there is still the new Revelations IV zine, which is ship and gen. I can't wait to dig into that one! Nice to see Sam/Jack getting some time, but I'd also love to see an "adult" S/J print zine sometime.
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                  Happy Birthday Mad Gater!Hope it's a good one!
                  (((((((((((((((((((((((scjon))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you!!

*pounces, bowls over, and huggles family*

Sorry for my absence, but between working PT and trying to look for FT work, I haven't had much time for shipping. But I can rest easy for awhile...I finally got FT work. I start my new job on the 10th. Just hope my boss at Dollar Tree will be understanding if I have to leave a couple days earlier than the requisite couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater

Thank you!!

Sorry for my absence, but between working PT and trying to look for FT work, I haven't had much time for shipping. But I can rest easy for awhile...I finally got FT work. I start my new job on the 10th. Just hope my boss at Dollar Tree will be understanding if I have to leave a couple days earlier than the requisite couple weeks.
                    And.....

WELCOME NEWBIES!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes

Ssshhh it's Mad Gater's Birthday , he doesn't want anyone to know...
                      too late!! cover's blown....guess I'd better take it like a man...er....tok'ra....err...whatever...

Comment

Thank you!!

Mad Gater!! *pounces and hugs* Welcome back! And Happy Birthday!

Spoiler:
                        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          BIG HONKIN' SPOILER for Season 10
                          Spoiler:
                          Hee, hee!! I wonder how many of my shipper buddies clicked the key so fast to see this one??!!

OK, back in April when we had the Shippy SciFi Stargate Monday night, AT said that Sam and Jack were no longer in the same chain of command so maybe they could have some fun!!!!
                          I clicked fast...and you're right. I quote:
                          Spoiler:
                          "Now that the Commanding Officer is not in her direct chain of command, maybe she can have some fun with him!" So that would definitely be BEFORE he retired...but still PR has made some good points. TPTB could just be ignoring that. I'll play it safe in my fic though, to make everyone happy. Then I won't worry either, because I want my stories to be true to the characters and to life.

Comment

wait, newbies?!! birthdays?!?! <pulls slightly crushed cake from pocket, think Hagrid>

yes, newbies, its your birthday. its the day of your birth in Shipper Town. oy, this means more memberSHIP cards, doesn't it?

and i'll leave the customary cake-eating warning to our customary cake-eating-warning giver. who's name i know.
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Thank you!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, mad_gater!!! Woo Hoo!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Happy Birthday, Mad Gater!!!
                                (((((sg1-fanintn)))))

THX!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X