It's there !!!!!!

ITS IS SO DEFINATLY THERE

xXx

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
    honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      I would have love that version too
      I wonder if Hammond would have yelled at Jack, or if he would have ordered those present (excluding Sam) to forget what they had seen... after yelling at Jack, of course.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        It's a pity that Sam can't remember it.

Are there any fics where the loop doesn't happen. Jack resigns, kisses Sam and it doesn't reset.
        i'm sure i have read one where that happens, but i have no idea when or where.

Comment

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry
          Yesss, Danny turns to Catherine and says "engaged"?
          ...Have you guys seen the next ep (Politics) ...When Jack says "Say that again: Engaged?" and then Sam says "well it's possible"
          and he says..."It's against regulations...."...His face is worth watching then...Hilarious...
          i was watching that today and he almost looked hopeful. and that whole regulations thing was like a half hearted effort to just say something to deny it. it was more like he was confused as to how it could happen because of the regs rather than opposed to the idea. love that scene. and his secondary reaction if i'm remembering right, after the pure shock was almost like he was thinking "score!".

great scene.

Comment

Stargate Barbie - I think you should maybe read Mishy Mo's fanfiction, cos if I remember rightly, there's a story of hers that deals with something along those lines in relation to WoO

The loop they never showed us
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              i was watching that today and he almost looked hopeful. and that whole regulations thing was like a half hearted effort to just say something to deny it. it was more like he was confused as to how it could happen because of the regs rather than opposed to the idea. love that scene. and his secondary reaction if i'm remembering right, after the pure shock was almost like he was thinking "score!".

great scene.
              The funniest part was that while Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c continued talking, Jack's still sitting there, stuck on the idea of being engaged! "Alright, wait a minute, let me get something straight. Engaged?" It's great! And he defnitely wasn't opposed to the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Stargate Barbie - I think you should maybe read Mishy Mo's fanfiction, cos if I remember rightly, there's a story of hers that deals with something along those lines in relation to WoO

The loop they never showed us
                nope thats definitely not the one i remember reading. as far as i can remember he kissed her, then realised that a lot of time had passed and the loop hadn't reset, so he stopped and looked at hammond. he ended up in hammonds office talking to him... then something else.... umm... ok, there's a whole lot of gaps in the memory there, but that was the general idea. i have no idea what happened after that though.

i'll shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  The funniest part was that while Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c continued talking, Jack's still sitting there, stuck on the idea of being engaged! "Alright, wait a minute, let me get something straight. Engaged?" It's great! And he defnitely wasn't opposed to the idea!
                  yeah he had this great mix of confusion and hope in his expression. like he started to think for the first time that it could really be possible but couldn't figure out how. i was thinking of writing a fic set in that AU with all of the characters set around the forming of their stargate program, and with their daniel and teal'c and how they all ended up where they did and so on, but lets face it, its me, i'm not going to write a fic!

it would have been great though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    I love that! That they carry on to talk about the how and where the Goa'uld will attack from and Jack brings the engagement back up (And you can see when the others are talking that he's still thinking about tis new revelation.)

There's a man with his priorites right

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      nope thats definitely not the one i remember reading. as far as i can remember he kissed her, then realised that a lot of time had passed and the loop hadn't reset, so he stopped and looked at hammond. he ended up in hammonds office talking to him... then something else.... umm... ok, there's a whole lot of gaps in the memory there, but that was the general idea. i have no idea what happened after that though.

i'll shut up.
                      Yeah I remember that one but I can't remember the title or the author though.

Originally posted by ReganX
                      I liked that his objection was about the regulations, that he considered them the only barrier.
                      Well, I don't think that at the time he considered them as a barrier. I think him saying "It's against regulations", is just a way to show he's surprised.

Comment

I think it was that he'd never considered a relationship with Carter, and that's lead to a lot towards his surprise. This was only a series one episode, so sure, he knows that she's hot but he's still getting to know her. Years of being in the military have probaby engrained in him the initial response that she (and any other subordinate) is off-limits. So hearing about a reality where he's engaged to his hot team member would no doubt cause a surprised reaction.

I think it's moments like this and those in POV that makes him reconsider his relationship and feelings for Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          I think it was that he'd never considered a relationship with Carter, and that's lead to a lot towards his surprise. This was only a series one episode, so sure, he knows that she's hot but he's still getting to know her. Years of being in the military have probaby engrained in him the initial response that she (and any other subordinate) is off-limits. So hearing about a reality where he's engaged to his hot team member would no doubt cause a surprised reaction.

I think it's moments like this and those in POV that makes him reconsider his relationship and feelings for Sam.
                          I heard BW (?) say on the commentary for some episode (have NO idea which one now) that the idea of S & J chemistry hit them around season 3. It might have been Out of Mind and Into the Fire. But if you go back and look at season 1, the seeds are clearly there! There's Solitudes, Fire and Water, Emancipation, Broca Divide, Singularity, There But for the Grace of God, and Politics. I think there's a lot of shippy subtext between all those episodes. If only there would return to their shippy roots in season 10.

sigpic
                          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Yeah, I vaguely recall hearing that too. I think the part where it really hit was in OOM, when Jack looked at Sam's back Then of course there's the hug in ITF.

Season 1 was shippy. When I went to dig out TBFTGOG last night, I first pulled out season 3, then two, then one. I was quite surprised that we got something that shippy that early on. And like you said, not just one episode but 7

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                              I heard BW (?) say on the commentary for some episode (have NO idea which one now) that the idea of S & J chemistry hit them around season 3. It might have been Out of Mind and Into the Fire. But if you go back and look at season 1, the seeds are clearly there! There's Solitudes, Fire and Water, Emancipation, Broca Divide, Singularity, There But for the Grace of God, and Politics. I think there's a lot of shippy subtext between all those episodes. If only there would return to their shippy roots in season 10.
                              I've heard that too. Even if the writers didn't actually intend for it to show up earlier than S3, it did. RDA and AT just have this wonderful chemistry between them that's always there.

Comment

A little over two years ago, I put seasons 1 - 4 away as I didn't want them to become too familiar. I started rewatching season 1 again just recently and am now up through Bloodlines. The thing I like most about these early episodes (besides the shippy bits ) is that they all revolve around one plot with everyone in the same place facing the same problems and doing the same things. You get so much more development and substance than you do when they constantly pan back and forth between two separate plots like they've done the last couple of years. After watching the first few episodes, I feel like I've had a satisfying meal rather than the little snacks of seasons 7 - 9.

sigpic
                                s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Working...
                                X