X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by TameFarrar
    Just a Quick OT post in a way

Some of you know Mei Mei....one of our FAVORITE Sam & Jack Ship Fan FIction writers......well she is possibly going to be a PUBLISHED AUTHOR soon......

She is in the process of reviewing a manuscript that she sent into a publishing house a few months back and they have asked for the whole thing

So all you wanna be authors out there that write Fan Fiction as a hobby while you write your own stuff as well.....with some hard work AND perseverence IT DOES HAPPEN....

If you have never read any of Mei Mei's wonderful Sam & Jack Fan Fiction you are really missing out

FanFiction A Magnificant Obsession
    (((((((((((((TAME))))))))))) ((((((((((((((((MEI MEI)))))))))))

I saw the posting on her site that she didn't have time to do fan fic because she was working on something that would get her published and while I'm in Mei Mei fan fic withdrawal, I'm very happy for her!!!!!!!!!!!!

When it's published, there better be some shameless self promotion because I'll hop on out to buy that one!

S

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
      I hope Mei Mei's book gets published, I'll buy it

Jack is back to work after the honeymoon and is now reminiscing about the wedding.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ck/wedding.jpg
      Excellent manip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        Just a Quick OT post in a way

Some of you know Mei Mei....one of our FAVORITE Sam & Jack Ship Fan FIction writers......well she is possibly going to be a PUBLISHED AUTHOR soon......

She is in the process of reviewing a manuscript that she sent into a publishing house a few months back and they have asked for the whole thing

So all you wanna be authors out there that write Fan Fiction as a hobby while you write your own stuff as well.....with some hard work AND perseverence IT DOES HAPPEN....

If you have never read any of Mei Mei's wonderful Sam & Jack Fan Fiction you are really missing out

FanFiction A Magnificant Obsession

Way to go (((((((meimei ))))). It's fantastic news, hopefully after being published she will treat us to another of her delicious shippy fics

Comment

IMHO the most hallowed shippy words would have to be come 'ere. If Jack utters that phrase, be prepared to squee. Unless it's to someone else. Then be prepared to sick the penguins on him. Or are they reserved for TPTB?

Comment

Congrats MEI MEI! That's wonderful news! I hope we get first dibs Tame's absolutley correct. Meimei's work is well worth reading.

Comment

these are great fics! Congrates Mei Mei!
              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                Excellent manip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
                that was actually in the show ...not a manip HOW COOL is that that we have a ready made wedding picture
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

where was it in the show.. bad memory

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes

Way to go (((((((meimei ))))). It's fantastic news, hopefully after being published she will treat us to another of her delicious shippy fics
                    I am sure she will try to get something done as she had MANY plot bunnies going when this came up

I am just so jazzed that one of our very own S&J writers is doing so well and hopefully we will see more of that here at GW since we have so many GREAT FF writers
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
                      where was it in the show.. bad memory
                      well shoot I can't remember the name of the episode...But do you remember the one where Sam and Kawalski come through the mirror and Dr Sam was married to Jack in her reality???

Well when Dr Sam (the one with long hair) was crying in her room she pulled THAT photo out of her jumpsuit and put it on the night stand and when Jack came in to talk to her he sees it and she tells him the story of their wedding anniversary dinner.

Comment

I was lucky enough one year to actually have a Manip done of that picture for my Birthday from the FABULOUS Mala50

Comment

oh yeah i remember now! god bad memory alright!

Comment

I'm happy to report I just finished a new, not-too-long S/J piece of fic that I'm excited to share. It's called Deep Purple Interlude, and you can find it here:

http://mary-buc252.freeservers.com/Purple.htm

I hope you all like it. It's light-hearted humor, to help keep up the spirits of my fellow shippers.

Oh, and since I don't post at fanfic.net, if somebody wants to post it for me, please do. I'd appreciate it!
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

ill post it for u if you want?

Comment

Thanks for all the congrats, Shippers! It's just a request for a full manuscript and not a guarantee of publication. Though since it's my first request, I'm a little excited about it! Okay, much more than a little. The request came from Ellora's Cave Publishing. They publish sexy erotic romances. My fan fiction qualifies so I submitted something.

I have two other proposals in the works, one for Harlequin Intrigue and one I haven't decided who to send to yet!

And no, I haven't had time to write fan fiction. I've been busy with writing and helping to organize a new chapter of Romance Writers of America, Diamond State Romance Authors. We had an organization meeting on April 15th and recieved our official recognition from National yesterday. The same day I received the request from Ellora's Cave. It was an exciting day. Today we met for our first "official" meeting of DSRA. So far we have 18 members, including several multi-published authors. Gina Wilkins, who has written 85 books for Harlequin, joined today. Woo hoo!

I haven't forgotten my fan fic fans or the Shipper Family. I lurk regularly to keep track of you! You guys are the reason I'm writing original fiction. Without your encouragement and feedback, I would never have attempted it! And somebody was kind enough to nominate me for the Stargate Fan Awards even though I haven't written anything in a while!

And Tame is right! There are so many talented fic writers out there and such a market for good original fiction. The internet has opened a whole new realm for new writers. Ebooks, which Ellora's Cave publishes, has made it easier for new writers to catch a break. If you've ever thought about writing for publication, do it! It's not easy balancing the real life with writing but it's so worth it!

*hugs to all* I'm off to do some more revisions. I'm under a deadline to an editor! That sounds so cool!!

Comment

Working...
                                X