This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Just want to say that yes, fans did want the fishing scene and what it implies. To me TPTB thought(not saying I was completely satisfied) they had given us what we want. They thought we would decide they were together(hey, they were fishing!) or were going to be together and thought they could then, with RDA leaving, not mention it again. (Grr) However, a show should be made for more than fans like us, it should be made also for just people who watch TV and that's all. If these "watchers" got the impression from Threads and Moebius that Jack and Sam were together, then TPTB did succeed. If, however, these fans for the most part ended up confused, they did not.

Just going to add, if RDA had stayed for S9, and TPTB knew it in time, we would not have have Threads and fishing, IMO.
    but i think that that scene was good for pretty much all viewers in that regard. the dedicated long term viewer could look at it and go "hey, i know what that means. aawww yeeah!" and the first time viewer could look at it and not have to wonder "what the hell am i missing? its too late to get into this now!". that scene had layers dude! like, whoa!

the casual viewer didn't need to know that jack and sam were together, although i believe that that scene implied for them that they were either already together or getting together. "we should have done this years ago" (i think i'm a little bit off on the quote there).

i think that they knew for certain that RDA was leaving this time. and in threads they gave him the opening of staying on as a civilian leader just in case RDA changed his mind.

also, i'm not sure they had no intention of mentioning it again, just that they had no intention of going out of their way to make it a plot point.

and i completely agree that a show should be made for more than just fans like us. which is exactly why i thought the fishing scene was bordering on perfect. an excellent way to end the show/season, and to resolve not only the episode and the season, but to resolve the show in general. both shippers and non shippers wanted the team fishing. most of stargate fandom thought that it was a good way to end the show from what i could tell, and for shippers it had its own special meaning.

we all know what "fishing" means, right?

ah well, if i'm wrong i'm wrong. wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

SHIP SHIP HOORAY Special Ops Team (SSHSOT)UPDATE

WELCOME TO ALL NEW TEAM MEMBERS!!!

Visit, chat, play, squee!!!
      Join us on Sam and Jack Shippy Holidays and Ship Day in July!
      It's all about Sam and Jack!

THE TEAM HAS 43 SPECIAL OPS MEMBERS!!! SWEET!!!

Members may be Shippers or Friends of Sam and Jack.
      We are a welcoming team. PM me if you are joining.

LOL4JACK
      nell
      sg-1fanintn
      florence
      Lys(friend of Sam and Jack)
      TracyJane
      sueKay
      michelleb
      mishy_mo
      Cathain Nottingham
      trupi
      Myrth
      lonely_star
      ParadoxRealities
      SG-1Poz
      Somnium
      misstweedledee
      Sam_Carter
      MajorSam
      _Anubis
      LtColonelSamC
      Cassie
      Gatetrixer
      jafacakes
      MirthMistress
      wynter
      gwenhwyfar
      Matto Innamorato
      Toll Verliebt
      sugarshaker
      AmberLM
      shipper hannah
      mad gater
      pittsburghgirl
      Ancient 61
      cute_az_can_be
      L.A.Doyle
      majorsal
      Terrah
      Vicky
      shelsfc
      true_romance
      K8tbug1
      sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to show this off. I love it!

I hope you don't mind that I added it to my Photobucket account Paradox.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          as much as i love the idea of *seeing* them get together, i also love the idea of them already being married!

let's take a poll.

how many of you want them already married?

sally
          I do, I do.

It may be an unpopular opinion here, but I don't really want to see the wedding. I'm afraid it would be too kitchy (sp?) and out of character for the show to have a big ceremony. I wouldn't mind a few minutes, maybe being in a situation where Sam and Jack exchange a look, and the next scene is a minister saying, "you may kiss the bride," and it pulls back to see Jack and Sam kissing. But the full-blown ceremony would be just too much.

But it would be even better if they were married all along and nobody knew. <vbEEg>
          Last edited by Buc252; 17 May 2006, 06:41 PM.
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            I wanna see them get together first!!!!!!! I haven't waited all these looooooong years to miss their first together look & kiss! I want that defining moment that cannot be denied - by tptb, or even non- or anti-shippers

(this bits in spoilers cos it's s8, but mainly cos I don't want to think about it )
            Spoiler:
            (I just get this hollow sinking feeling that tptb think they already gave us that in Moebius2)

Then I want to see them get married

Edit: Ha! I just read my last post ..... I must be schizophrenic The twists and turns we're forced to make
            I'm an old-fashioned girl, I guess, 'cause I want to see "marriage" before I see "bed." Sex before marriage, even in these modern times, is a no-no in my book. <g>
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              I do, I do.

It may be an unpopular opinion here, but I don't really want to see the wedding. I'm afraid it would be to kitchy (sp?) and out of character for the show to have a big ceremony. I wouldn't mind a few minutes, maybe being in a situation where Sam and Jack exchange a look, and the next scene is a minister saying, "you may kiss the bride," and it pulls back to see Jack and Sam kissing. But the full-blown ceremony would be just too much.

But it would be even better if they were married all along and nobody knew. <vbEEg>
              I agree that a wedding scene would be way too much. To me big wedding productions belong on Soap Operas.

As far as weddings, I'd be happy with just seeing matching rings on their fingers and maybe a wedding photo on the fireplace amntle.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                I agree that a wedding scene would be way too much. To me big wedding productions belong on Soap Operas.

As far as weddings, I'd be happy with just seeing matching rings on their fingers and maybe a wedding photo on the fireplace amntle.
                Seeing as we got to see Sam in bed with the Spudster
                Spoiler:
                and Jack in bed with Kerry (albeit with clothes on)
                how would anyone go for a scene of Jack and Sam in bed like an "old" married couple, implying they have been married or together for a while.(for those who want them already married, the rings can be visible.) Maybe they are reading in bed, before turning out the lights. Or talking about some aspect of their life, work maybe. I'd have them in nightwear (matching Simpson shirts-joking) Sorry, romantics, bed for couples is about sex, of course--but a lot more. It's about a time together, esp. after the kids arrive. It's too bad that there was that
                Spoiler:
                Jack/Kerry wake up scene, because an early morning phone call
                would be a perfect time for them to show us they are together. This time Sam might get the call, then- we see Jack's there, she's says she has to leave and he says something about the advantages of being retired. The kiss when she gets up would be more than peck, however, and he might even say, " but I'll make coffee."

I don't expect we'll get any of this, just throwing out an idea.
                Last edited by Gatetrixer; 17 May 2006, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Seeing as we got to see Sam in bed with the Spudster and Jack in bed with Kerry (albeit with clothes on) how would anyone go for a scene of Jack and Sam in bed like an "old" married couple, implying they have been married or together for a while.(for those who want them already married, the rings can be visible.) Maybe they are reading in bed, before turning out the lights. Or talking about some aspect of their life, work maybe. I'd have them in nightwear (matching Simpson shirts-joking) Sorry, romantics, bed for couples is about sex, of course--but a lot more. It's about a time together, esp. after the kids arrive. It's too bad that there was that Jack/Kerry wake up scene, because an early morning phone call would be a perfect time for them to show us they are together. This time Sam might get the call, then- we see Jack's there, she's says she has to leave and he says something about the advantages of being retired. The kiss when she gets up would be more than peck, however, and he might even say, " but I'll make coffee."

i think
                  Spoiler:
                  they should go back to LC and show sam walking up behind jack (after he wipes off the mirror to shave)
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

With all the speculation about how Sam and Jack will get together or be shown that they are together, I feel like setting up a betting pool like in all the fics. Someone is bound to be right about how the ship will come in or be revealed. And whoever that is should ship off to Vancouver and start writing for the show!

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      My vote is to see Sam and Jack get together, too. I want to see them falling in love!! The rush of emotion and passion they share when they look deep into each other's eyes and embrace for the first time. The kiss!!! The big, honkin' kiss!!! And then laughing. So, happy to be together. To get past the awkward moments and realize that they're in love and they can be open about it.

OK, I'm passing around the barf bags for this next part......

If TPTB could give Sam and romantic scenes in Chimera **cough, choke, sputter, gasp**, by golly, I don't think it's too much to ask for Sam and Jack to have a romantic scene, too.

As for marriage, my imagination and fanfics can take care of that storyline!

YES! i said that the moment i saw (and seizured through) that scene between sam and pet. i'd love that for sam and jack too.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        but i think that that scene was good for pretty much all viewers in that regard. the dedicated long term viewer could look at it and go "hey, i know what that means. aawww yeeah!" and the first time viewer could look at it and not have to wonder "what the hell am i missing? its too late to get into this now!". that scene had layers dude! like, whoa!

the casual viewer didn't need to know that jack and sam were together, although i believe that that scene implied for them that they were either already together or getting together. "we should have done this years ago" (i think i'm a little bit off on the quote there).

i think that they knew for certain that RDA was leaving this time. and in threads they gave him the opening of staying on as a civilian leader just in case RDA changed his mind.

also, i'm not sure they had no intention of mentioning it again, just that they had no intention of going out of their way to make it a plot point.

and i completely agree that a show should be made for more than just fans like us. which is exactly why i thought the fishing scene was bordering on perfect. an excellent way to end the show/season, and to resolve not only the episode and the season, but to resolve the show in general. both shippers and non shippers wanted the team fishing. most of stargate fandom thought that it was a good way to end the show from what i could tell, and for shippers it had its own special meaning.

we all know what "fishing" means, right?

ah well, if i'm wrong i'm wrong. wouldn't be the first time.

All good points. I did not mean first time viewers, though, but steady watchers who go no further than just watching. Has anyone talked to someone like that about SG (I haven't)? I agreed with having the
                        Spoiler:
                        four together at the end after all it was the end of the real SG-1.
                        Last edited by Gatetrixer; 17 May 2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Ficrec: Caught in the Rain or the Act

by Samantha www.jackfic.com/archive/archive/20/caught.html

This a bit of fun--and there is also a sequel but since I don't exactly concur with it, you have to find it on your own!
                          Last edited by Gatetrixer; 17 May 2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Seeing as we got to see Sam in bed with the Spudster
                            Spoiler:
                            and Jack in bed with Kerry (albeit with clothes on)
                            how would anyone go for a scene of Jack and Sam in bed like an "old" married couple, implying they have been married or together for a while.(for those who want them already married, the rings can be visible.) Maybe they are reading in bed, before turning out the lights. Or talking about some aspect of their life, work maybe. I'd have them in nightwear (matching Simpson shirts-joking) Sorry, romantics, bed for couples is about sex, of course--but a lot more. It's about a time together, esp. after the kids arrive. It's too bad that there was that
                            Spoiler:
                            Jack/Kerry wake up scene, because an early morning phone call
                            would be a perfect time for them to show us they are together. This time Sam might get the call, then- we see Jack's there, she's says she has to leave and he says something about the advantages of being retired. The kiss when she gets up would be more than peck, however, and he might even say, " but I'll make coffee."

Actually, I've always thought that once they are together they would act like an "Old married couple". They have had eight years to get to know with each other so I've thought that once they were together romantically it would be basically no different except for the...fishing.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah

What do I want for s10. Oh I'm gonna say it. Sex LOL, wanna see them rip each others clothes off and why the hell not. We have seen them in bed with other people, so why not
                              Sam and Jack
                              In the Sack.

There! I've said it.

oh, yeah!!!!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                                In response to Sally's question.

I think they are together and not married. As I mentioned before I predict they will at least imply that they are having long, fulfilling phone sex..I mean calls during the past year. Personally I would like to watch Jack (or Sam) propose. I'd like to see that more than the wedding! That would be SQUEEEEEEE worthy in itself.

Thinking of worthy and proposals and I know it's been discussed before but we're so close now, I can feel it in my gut. Who do you think would initiate the question and how? Lets' see some examples Shippers This should be fun

Scenario: Jack's cabin. Sam and Jack are snuggling in front of the fireplace both entranced by the flicker of the flames blue, yellow and orange.
                                Jack: Sam?
                                Sam: Jack?
                                Jack: Sam?
                                Sam: Jaaack?
                                Jack: Nevermind
                                Sam: Nevermind what?
                                Jack: Forget I asked.
                                Sam: You didn't ask.
                                Jack: Yes I did!
                                Sam in a sing song tone: No.. you..didn't!
                                Jack: Will You?
                                Sam: Will I what?
                                Jack: Marry?
                                Sam teasingly says: Marry who?
                                They both look deeply into each others eyes.
                                Simultaneously they both ask: Me? ...and again together they say, Yes! We then see a kiss to end all kisses!
                                that is soooo close to the thing i just wrote out!

here
                                |
                                |
                                V

i think they should *both* propose!

i could see them saying to each other that they had something important to say. then both saying you go. when neither goes, they both go at the same time, saying, 'will you marry me?' they laugh and smile, then both say, 'yes!'

they'd both ask and they'd both say yes!!

i'd only gotten as far as the bolded part, when i stopped and wrote my little scenario. though i can't believe how many times i wrote 'both'

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X